The Reason UPS Trucks Always Have Their Doors Open

lightbright

Master Pussy Poster
BGOL Investor
Groceries in two hours in MKE.
It's gotten to the point that most Amazon drivers leave my packages on the steps of my porch instead of opening the damned Storm Door to my closed in porch. If I ain't at home, my shit is vulnerable af in the wide open.
Same here.... then they take a pic of the package as proof of delivery... like it's going to discourage you from making a theft claim if it gets stolen... :hmm:

VAiz4hustlaz

Proud ADOS and not afraid to step to da mic!
BGOL Investor
I worked at the PO before and the only Brother in Maintenance left there for a better paying position at UPS. He was back within 45 days. :lol:
He said it was tyrannical the way even Maintenance was pushed for time.

Right after I got out of the Army, I was going to school and worked a PT Seasonal job at FedEx. At the end of the season, they hired me on. I couldn't keep up with the demand though with my back and shoulders already fucked up.
When my disability kicked in, I kicked rocks. :roflmao:

Yeah, I once worked as a PT seasonal helper during the Christmas season. First thing I noticed was that a lot of the drivers I worked with were in great shape, even though many were well into their 40s and 50s. No fat dudes or pot bellies among them. I lost 10 lbs in two weeks doing that shit. But running across the ice and getting chased by dogs let me know it could never be a full-time gig for me.

Anybody remember “WhenTheGoingGetsTuff”? I remember she would always talk about trying to get on with UPS because they offered benefits for part-time workers.

I wonder if all this opens a lane for some type of competition down the line from a new delivery system???

Any competition would probably be more ruthlessly efficient. Look at Amazon.

ankhheru

BGOL Investor
Lazy... or convenience? Not wasting gas money, time and dealing with annoying crowds and looking for a parking space makes it a deal to me... :dunno:

Don't quote or like anything I post. We ain't on that level. I don't forget. You disrespected my wife. I should have got at you and done you dirty when you let muffugas take advantage of your moms but I didn't. In fact I had kind words for your moms but that's as far as it goes. We ain't people's. Don't ever say shit to me period.

lightbright

Master Pussy Poster
BGOL Investor
Don't quote or like anything I post. We ain't on that level. I don't forget. You disrespected my wife. I should have got at you and done you dirty when you let muffugas take advantage of your moms but I didn't. In fact I had kind words for your moms but that's as far as it goes. We ain't people's. Don't ever say shit to me period.
Post a link where I said something about your wife... let alone the fact that I even know that you're married..... you got me confused with someone else .... :hmm:

sidebar: stop getting high

lightbright

Master Pussy Poster
BGOL Investor
You can always sue for dangerous working conditions.
having to do work that wears down your knees over time ain't dangerous working conditions... it's called having a fucked up job... which would probably explain why there hasn't been a class action lawsuit filed

ankhheru

BGOL Investor
Stop dancing with the devil young blood. Respect what I said and stay on your side of the street. I'm not in the showing and proving game. I'm in the doing game. I respected your mother because that's your mother but you disrespected my wife. I didn't owe you that. The game owed you that. Stop dancing with the devil. Next time watch how you talk to people if you can't keep up with who you disrespect. You got a bad habit of getting fly with folks off GP. Just like you doing now. Everybody ain't got short memories.
Post a link where I said something about your wife... let alone the fact that I even know that you're married..... you got me confused with someone else .... :hmm:

Knuckles666

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Stop dancing with the devil young blood. Respect what I said and stay on your side of the street. I'm not in the showing and proving game. I'm in the doing game. I respected your mother because that's your mother but you disrespected my wife. I didn't owe you that. The game owed you that. Stop dancing with the devil. Next time watch how you talk to people if you can't keep up with who you disrespect. You got a bad habit of getting fly with folks off GP. Just like you doing now. Everybody ain't got short memories.
Shit got REAL!
:scared:

D24OHA

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
No A/C??? Fuck that. :smh:

Don't get me started on that shit. Short version, around 5 mail carriers have died due to heat in their vehicles in the last 3 years

I worked at the PO before and the only Brother in Maintenance left there for a better paying position at UPS. He was back within 45 days. :lol:
He said it was tyrannical the way even Maintenance was pushed for time.

Right after I got out of the Army, I was going to school and worked a PT Seasonal job at FedEx. At the end of the season, they hired me on. I couldn't keep up with the demand though with my back and shoulders already fucked up.
When my disability kicked in, I kicked rocks. :roflmao:

Bruh, when you clamp down on the lackadaisical work ethic of most maintenance people they call the union on you.... Like look mfkr, I'm only asking you to do the contracted 4hrs and 30 mins of work you have each day.... You get paid for 8...

Groceries in two hours in MKE.
It's gotten to the point that most Amazon drivers leave my packages on the steps of my porch instead of opening the damned Storm Door to my closed in porch. If I ain't at home, my shit is vulnerable af in the wide open.

Amazon tells their workers to do that.... Its on the customer to add the notes and or deal with the consequences..

Holy hell...

I'm surprised there has not been some type of class action suit

One word... Union. If the union agreed to those conditions in exchange for higher pay....

No let turns

Technically non of the delivery companies like left turns.... That is the 2nd highest cause of accidents, behind rear ends

ankhheru

BGOL Investor
Shit got REAL!
:scared:
I'm just trying to have a grown folk conversation. Nothing more. Nothing less. If it was behind closed doors from jump then that's where it would have stayed but it wasn't so that's where we'll hold court. Hopefully we got some resolution. I'm not in the business of unnecessary bullshit. Especially when I can teach you something and keep it pushing.

34real

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Hey I like getting my packages....don't like the job,get a new one.I don't work for ups.

Watcher

Rising Star
Platinum Member
USPS carriers have it worse.

If amazon’s small delivery businesses hasn’t taken over an area they are getting killed by packages. Even if Amazon has taken over the area they send all their large packages to USPS so their drivers can fit more in trucks and deliver faster.

UPS and FedEx just wised up and shifted heavier packages to USPS.

UPS, FedEx Fees on Heavy Packages to Hit Consumers and Merchants
Carriers escalate their war on bulky items, levying a $24 fee on packages weighing over 50 pounds

Use to be 70 pounds for a price increase.

All delivery service drivers aren’t getting paid enough for the toll on their body especially USPS carriers.

ORIGINAL NATION

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
One dude that was a ups driver had complained several times about the seat belt not working. One day he hit a bump and it threw him out of the truck. He went to the hospital and had an accident report. But he sued the ups and got over a million because he had complained several times and they had him driving with a busted seat belt. Him hitting a bump in the road was not his fault, but him being thrown out of the truck because of a faulty seat belt was ups fault.

totto

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Lazy... or convenience? Not wasting gas money, time and dealing with annoying crowds and looking for a parking space makes it a deal to me... :dunno:

Truth and also I expect malls to close down within 10 years completely. The markup for the stores plus the crowds is gonna drive everyone online for good.

You can literally order a steak from Publix and have it delivered RAW and cook it yourself.

The next decade is gonna be interesting trying to cater to technology and all these single folks....

dHustla

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
We're spoiling the masses with these next to impossible delivery demands and muthafukkas got the nerve to complain when their package is a little bit delayed. I work in logistics for Amazon and now we already just came out with RUSH delivery in select cities, where you can get your package delivered in under 5 hrs from time you ordered. :smh: :smh: :smh:
I agree!

Don't nobody give a fuck about the service or labor industries!

I work landscaping and had a customer text me about a townhouse community he oversees, said a resident said that my guys missed his backyard. There are 12 Townhomes in this community, all gated backyards the size of a Prius...
I told him I'll go out there myself and do it (cost prohibitive to send anyone else).
I didn't make it the day I said, he text me again...
Me and him are cool so I apologized and told him that the high temps were slowing me down, I sent a screenshot of my homescreen weather widget saying it was 99°, and felt like 107°.

He replied politely and told me to stay hydrated

dHustla

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Wai.... wtf happened?

cokely_muhammad

Student of Kogalee_Muhammad
Registered
EXCELLENT ADVICE from the moron that can't type in proper correct English... by the way... how's your entry level janitorial job coming along?

Much better than your prison labor job of shoveling feces and shaving other male genetalia so you can pick bumps out from the hairs in their crotches.

Last edited:

Ceenote

Thinkn with My 3rd Eye!
Platinum Member
Informative video... im sure most knew what they were signing up for...shit happens and when it does thats when u go on the job injury...

BlkStrength

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
UPS is unionized and they got the best pay and bennies of all the delivery services. Not to mention, the drivers already know whassup because they have to work in factory as a loader or unloader for years and wait for their name to come up on a list just to be a driver.
Back in the day, in college I fell for the ads and worked a while as a loader.
Back breaking work...unloading 1000s of packages in a few hours, some over 50 to over 100 lbs in the back of those hot trucks.

There are some people who thrive in that environment, and if you do you can make good money. And when your name comes up get training for local or long distance driving.
I spoke with a local delivery driver and he said he averages walking over 3 miles a day with the walking packages back and forth from the truck.
Not to mention, now adays people order mattresses and heavy ass furniture you have to take up steps

actinanass

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
UPS union is the teamsters. I used to work for them until I got on to the PO. The key to all of this is to actually be active outside of the job. If you're living an unhealthy lifestyle outside of work, then go to sling mail/packages in a Texas summer, you might fuck yourself up.

Mixd

Duppy Maker
BGOL Investor
I wonder what effect so far Amazon has made to all the delivery services because for maybe the past two months, not one of my Amazon packages has come from USPS or UPS. Just Amazon' own delivery.

Or has it not hit everywhere yet?