Is Chris Carter about to fired from the fox show FIRST THINGS FIRST? Right now, he's suspeneded.....

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Good for Bart Scott, I really like him. He would really shut Nick Wright down with facts. He knows football. I'm a Nick Wright guy, but there is a difference from actually playing and being a student of the game.

Dominique Foxworth is a smart dude, ESPN won't let him go

I don't know about yall, but I really like Pat Mcafee, dude is funny as hell. He's not leaving ESPN either.

^^^

100% agree

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Good for Bart Scott, I really like him. He would really shut Nick Wright down with facts. He knows football. I'm a Nick Wright guy, but there is a difference from actually playing and being a student of the game.

I don't know about yall, but I really like Pat Mcafee, dude is funny as hell. He's not leaving ESPN either.

Since the Jemele Michael smith debacle...

ESPN is NOT letting good talent go easy.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

again he would be good but I wonder if we limiting just looking for ex football dudes?

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
ESPN liked Ryan Clark from the begining, when he first started doing guest appearances. They have groomed him for success. Mike Greenberg aka Greeny loves the guy. He aint going anywhere. - HNIC

To be fair...

A few years ago we would have said the same for cris carter

jemstar

Rising Star
Registered
Why is it only football dudes that get these jobs? If Isiah Thomas popped up on tv one day talking NFL folks would lose their shit, but these NFL niggas all over TV discussing the NBA and talking like their word is gospel and its accepted. Shit is weird to me.

exiledking

Rising Star
OG Investor
To a casual watcher like me, Chris Carter seems like a soft spoken , chill dude. Reading some details , I find out he's kind of a wild dude lol. I stiike the guy. Good luck.

pookie

Thinking of a Master Plan
BGOL Investor
To a casual watcher like me, Chris Carter seems like a soft spoken , chill dude. Reading some details , I find out he's kind of a wild dude lol. I stiike the guy. Good luck.

i liked Cris Carter I think he was just impatient amd always felt he deserved more. I remember when he was getting passed over for the Hall of Fame, others would try to remain humble and say they hope they get in next time but Carter was letting everybody know that he felt he deserved to be in NOW. I guess the samething happened that led to him getting fired, he felt he should a role/bigger role on the football side and he was letting them know

World B Free

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Better than most think

But he definitely not leaving espn
Side note, a lot of the press liked to portrayed the Fab Five as thugs back in the day & they ended up having one of the most successful long term after-basketball-playing careers ever. Most did well for themselves and are high profile.

Last edited:

BlackGoku

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Side note, a lot of the press liked to portrayed the Fab Five as thugs back in the day & they ended up having one of the most successful long term after-basketball-playing careers ever. Most did well for themselves and are high profile.

I think that 30 for 30 helped out a lot to retell their story as well...i think the farther away you get from the actual real events happening you can mold the story the way you want to, both good and bad...

Example: Going to be real interesting to see how George W. Bush is remember in about 50 years...Michelle Obama is helping to paint the picture right now of a cuddly old grandpa

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Chris Broussard has been the best fill in by a mile, don't know if he could do it full time since he got that show with Rob Parker.

I haven't seen Chris yet but im not surprised

I think his rep got killed when Cuban exposed how he kinda lied in a report he filed.

jemstar

Rising Star
Registered
I haven't seen Chris yet but im not surprised

I think his rep got killed when Cuban exposed how he kinda lied in a report he filed.
Broussard is much better as a sports personality instead of the newsbreaker/sources guy he tried to be at ESPN, he's really grown since he's been at Fox

HNIC

Commander
Staff member
A few years back chris lied about a quote and mark not 9nly called him on it but had PROOF.

if im not wrong he was gone from espn soon after.
ESPN’s Chris Broussard apologizes for tweet about Mark Cuban looking for DeAndre Jordan
https://www.latimes.com/sports/clip...ard-apologizes-mark-cuban-20150710-story.html

When reports surfaced Wednesday that DeAndre Jordan was considering backing out of his oral commitment with the Dallas Mavericks to sign with the Clippers, ESPN‘s Chris Broussard tweeted about Mavericks’ owner Mark Cuban.

Broussard: “CORRECTION: Sources: Cuban beside himself. Driving around downtown HOUSTON begging (thru texts) Jordan’s family 4 address to DeAndre’s home”

Cuban took issue with that tweet, and on Thursday made sure to tell the journalist that he was wrong.

Cuban: ".@Chris_Broussard that’s is the dumbest ... Ive ever heard. If you had any ethics u would msg me and I will give u his address”

Broussard initially defended himself, posting a series of tweets on Thursday: "@mcuban if you had the address last night, you would’ve gone to the house. I stand by my multiple sources who had u calling & texting them

"@mcuban you didn’t fly to Houston to text all night, did you?”

Cuban fired back, tweeting Thursday: "@Chris_Broussard how about this. You post any proof I was calling/texting his friends asking anything I give 100k to charity of yr choice.”

Broussard eventually issued an apology to Cuban, tweeting Friday: “Regarding my Wednesday report: I should have attempted to contact Mark Cuban before reporting what my sources were telling me. I always try to carry myself with honesty and integrity both personally and professionally. I recognize that I tweeted hastily, I’m sorry for it, and I will learn from my mistake.”

Cuban detailed Friday morning over text-messaging app Cyber Dust his account of what happened Wednesday, when Jordan reneged on his commitment with the Mavericks and signed with the Clippers.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
ESPN’s Chris Broussard apologizes for tweet about Mark Cuban looking for DeAndre Jordan
https://www.latimes.com/sports/clip...ard-apologizes-mark-cuban-20150710-story.html

When reports surfaced Wednesday that DeAndre Jordan was considering backing out of his oral commitment with the Dallas Mavericks to sign with the Clippers, ESPN‘s Chris Broussard tweeted about Mavericks’ owner Mark Cuban.

Broussard: “CORRECTION: Sources: Cuban beside himself. Driving around downtown HOUSTON begging (thru texts) Jordan’s family 4 address to DeAndre’s home”

Cuban took issue with that tweet, and on Thursday made sure to tell the journalist that he was wrong.

Cuban: ".@Chris_Broussard that’s is the dumbest ... Ive ever heard. If you had any ethics u would msg me and I will give u his address”

Broussard initially defended himself, posting a series of tweets on Thursday: "@mcuban if you had the address last night, you would’ve gone to the house. I stand by my multiple sources who had u calling & texting them

"@mcuban you didn’t fly to Houston to text all night, did you?”

Cuban fired back, tweeting Thursday: "@Chris_Broussard how about this. You post any proof I was calling/texting his friends asking anything I give 100k to charity of yr choice.”

Broussard eventually issued an apology to Cuban, tweeting Friday: “Regarding my Wednesday report: I should have attempted to contact Mark Cuban before reporting what my sources were telling me. I always try to carry myself with honesty and integrity both personally and professionally. I recognize that I tweeted hastily, I’m sorry for it, and I will learn from my mistake.”

Cuban detailed Friday morning over text-messaging app Cyber Dust his account of what happened Wednesday, when Jordan reneged on his commitment with the Mavericks and signed with the Clippers.

thanks

yeah Cuban is a hole but I give him this, he stands by the stuff he says.

And Chris was REALLY REALLY wrong here.

and I think was indicative of MOST of his journalistic colleagues.

Last edited: