Is Chris Carter about to fired from the fox show FIRST THINGS FIRST? Right now, he's suspeneded.....

cli-terminator

Retired ManWhore
BGOL Investor
What about Rob Parker as a replacement :dunno:
The only downside is that may breakup the Odd Couple Podcast with Rob Parker and Chris Broussard

HNIC
Rob Parker opposite of Nick Wright would be terrible. Rob stays saying the dumbest most biased shit. They need a former player to reign ppl like them in from going all out with spewing outlandish rhetoric for sports they lack knowledge in. I like Bart Scott but he's probably too blunt to be a full-time personality

BlackGoku

Rising Star
Platinum Member
These clowns forget that they are workers, they don't own shit.
Maybe he can do his own sports show after the Jemele Hill Sports Hour. The only show in America where you get 10 minutes of sports and 50 minutes of politics.

HNIC :frozen:

Never listened to her podcast...is it that bad?

BlackGoku

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Rob Parker opposite of Nick Wright would be terrible. Rob stays saying the dumbest most biased shit. They need a former player to reign ppl like them in from going all out with spewing outlandish rhetoric for sports they lack knowledge in. I like Bart Scott but he's probably too blunt to be a full-time personality

Please dont put Eric Mangini on there; every time the topic of Cam Newton comes up he doubles down on the BS...:smh:

HNIC

Commander
Staff member
You are right Rob is crazy as hell, that's why I like him. I'm also going against my normal way of thinking. They do need a former player.

HNIC

Commander
Staff member
I never listened to it either. I was talking about her ESPN show. She was always pivoting to politics even when there were not political topics that intersected with sports. HNIC

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

Diomedes3000

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Dude he's a big-time sell-out good riddance acting like a coon never gets you far and he thought he was special thought he was different and then white folks loved him guess he found out the hard way

swoop1

Circle the wagons.
BGOL Investor
I remember that white dude he worked with who did that infamous redskins rant. Straight up classic.

Yea the white boy is Chad Dukes. His rants, usually no matter the topic, fast food, Redskins, Nationals; are always comedy. Does a one man, four hour show, with almost no dead air. Take notes Jim Rome.

SIDESHOW

Uncle Juice
BGOL Investor
I wonder WTF happened to Deion Sanders show with Shannon and LaDainian Tomlinson?!?!:angry:

That shit was gold with the back forth between Deion and Shannon.
This show was great. Pissed when it didn’t come back this year.

Now they got some dumb shit with Chris Rose talking to Prime(who’s remote from his home) on a monitor for damn near two hours. Thoroughly boring and unwatchable program format.

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member
I don't want hear Cris Carter criticizing players when they want bigger roles on their teams after this bullshit.....

HNIC

Commander
Staff member
They can keep Rob Parker's azz where he's at...dude sucks...as for the show they was probably tired of CC trying to talk over everybody....
CC going to damn sure talk over you, he would listen long enough to find his spot to jump in and take over.

I think his career in hosting is over. He is a knowledgeable guy, he can break down players, player injuries, games, etc. So how do you get fired twice? He must be a dick to work with. - HNIC

jemstar

Rising Star
Registered
NYPost said the issue isn't related to him wanting to work TNF on Fox, and that has lead to folks on the internet speculating that it had something to do with his "trim" comment a week prior to his suspension. 2:20 mark of this video, dude bugging saying that on national TV, especially in front of a woman.

SIDESHOW

Uncle Juice
BGOL Investor
NYPost said the issue isn't related to him wanting to work TNF on Fox, and that has lead to folks on the internet speculating that it had something to do with his "trim" comment a week prior to his suspension. 2:20 mark of this video, dude bugging saying that on national TV, especially in front of a woman.

He really took it there didn’t he :smh::smh:

this nigga

Last Dayz

Soul Thief
Certified Pussy Poster
This show was great. Pissed when it didn’t come back this year.

Now they got some dumb shit with Chris Rose talking to Prime(who’s remote from his home) on a monitor for damn near two hours. Thoroughly boring and unwatchable program format.

Yea man i was like WTF is this bullshit?!?!

I did feel like Deion really didn't like Shannon, he would always try to challenge Sharpe on everything he said like Sharpe didn't know his shit so maybe i was right and that had something to do with it.

lightningrodbob76

Veteran Lurker
Platinum Member
It appears as though FS1 has a hard time keeping a balance between analysts that are former players and the out-of-pocket talking heads.

Never knew that so many people felt Carter was a coon. I viewed him as an old man with an inflated ego, but the two pages in this thread have opened my eyes.

HNIC

Commander
Staff member

If it was the trim comment, that was just an excuse to get rid of his ass. Not a lot of folks use that terminology. That's old old school.

ineedmymoney

:)
BGOL Investor
Cris Carter May Be Out at Fox After Spat Over “Thursday Night Football” Role
Carter has missed the last three episodes of his "First Things First" morning show

Ex-NFL player Cris Carter at Super Bowl XLIX Radio Row. (Cindy Ord/Getty for SiriusXM)

By Evan Bleier / November 5, 2019 10:48 am

According to multiple reports, Fox broadcaster Cris Carter’s leave of absence from FS1’s First Things First morning show could turn into a permanent vacation from the network.

Carter has missed the last three episodes of show and is reportedly upset about Fox’s decision to exclude him from its Thursday Night Football coverage and instead go with less-proven talent like Tony Gonzalez and Rob Gronkowski.

“Despite being listed as an ‘NFL analyst’ on his network bio, Carter has been missing in action on Fox’s Thursday Night Football coverage, as well as on the network’s top-rated Fox NFL Sunday pregame show, with Terry Bradshaw, Jimmy Johnson, Michael Strahan, Howie Long and Curt Menefee,” according to Front Office Sports.
The leave of absence, which was characterized as a suspension by The Big Lead, comes after a “blow-up” between Carter and his bosses at FS1 over his lack of a Thursday Night Football role.

“I was told it was bad,” a source told Front Office Sports.

The pro football Hall of Famer co-hosts First Things First with Nick Wright and Jenna Wolfe. Neither has addressed Carter’s absence from the show Chris Canty, who won the Super Bowl as a member of the New York Giants has been filling in for Carter.
First Things First launched on FS1 in 2017.

They need 2 hire "Can't Wait" Bart Scott anyway... Gives no fucks... And he calls it like he sees it