Is Chris Carter about to fired from the fox show FIRST THINGS FIRST? Right now, he's suspeneded.....

World B Free

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Cris Carter May Be Out at Fox After Spat Over “Thursday Night Football” Role
Carter has missed the last three episodes of his "First Things First" morning show

Ex-NFL player Cris Carter at Super Bowl XLIX Radio Row. (Cindy Ord/Getty for SiriusXM)

By Evan Bleier / November 5, 2019 10:48 am

According to multiple reports, Fox broadcaster Cris Carter’s leave of absence from FS1’s First Things First morning show could turn into a permanent vacation from the network.

Carter has missed the last three episodes of show and is reportedly upset about Fox’s decision to exclude him from its Thursday Night Football coverage and instead go with less-proven talent like Tony Gonzalez and Rob Gronkowski.

“Despite being listed as an ‘NFL analyst’ on his network bio, Carter has been missing in action on Fox’s Thursday Night Football coverage, as well as on the network’s top-rated Fox NFL Sunday pregame show, with Terry Bradshaw, Jimmy Johnson, Michael Strahan, Howie Long and Curt Menefee,” according to Front Office Sports.
The leave of absence, which was characterized as a suspension by The Big Lead, comes after a “blow-up” between Carter and his bosses at FS1 over his lack of a Thursday Night Football role.

“I was told it was bad,” a source told Front Office Sports.

The pro football Hall of Famer co-hosts First Things First with Nick Wright and Jenna Wolfe. Neither has addressed Carter’s absence from the show Chris Canty, who won the Super Bowl as a member of the New York Giants has been filling in for Carter.
First Things First launched on FS1 in 2017.

Attachments

• chris carter01.jpg
    chris carter01.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 90,703

gtg305h

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
can't wait until whitlock gets fired or suspended for excessive coonin...it'll be interesting to see who they replace Carter with permanently, Canty is too much of a gentle giant and passive to be on that show, what I did like about Carter was how he talked down to toucan nose Nick Wright and put him in a bitch place when needed

cli-terminator

Retired ManWhore
BGOL Investor
can't wait until whitlock gets fired or suspended for excessive coonin...it'll be interesting to see who they replace Carter with permanently, Canty is too much of a gentle giant and passive to be on that show, what I did like about Carter was how he talked down to toucan nose Nick Wright and put him in a bitch place when needed
Bart Scott checks Nick Wright too but is probably too blunt to take Carter's spot

Gods_Debris

Rising Star
Registered
Carter always reminded me of a fag. Fuck him... the last thing we need is more effeminate niggas on tv
That's what that coke will do to you. No telling what he did while zooted. This is total conjecture but I'd bet good money he has some "De La Hoya" dirt sloshing around somewhere

Gazoo

The Big Brain
BGOL Investor
Damn!!!! What did Chris ever do to you cats? I've met and spoken to the cat on several occasions. I know for a fact that he donates large amounts of money without lots of publicity and mentors various groups.

Yea, he has occasionally said some stupid shit. Years ago. How many of us can have a mic put in front of us and not say something stupid?

cold-n-cocky

BGOL vet down since the “56k stay out!” days
BGOL Gold Member
You got proof?
Of the drugs?

Cris Carter Admits Drug Problems
MINNEAPOLIS (AP) _ Vikings wide receiver Cris Carter says his drug and alcohol problems caused the Philadelphia Eagles put him on waivers after a stellar season in 1989.
Carter told the Star Tribune that his substance abuse problem led Buddy Ryan, then the Eagles coach, even though he had caught 45 passes for 605 yards in 1989. He said the media was wrong to blame Ryan for his move to Minnesota.
Carter made the comments Friday after taping ESPN’s NFL Countdown show to be aired Sunday morning. Ryan and Vikings backup quarterback Randall Cunningham will also appear in the episode.
``ESPN asked me about a couple of incidents, and I didn’t want to be untruthful to them about why I left there,″ Carter said. ``It was about what I had to overcome. I have been able to overcome alcohol and chemical dependency.″
Carter has told reporters and fans before that he had substance abuse problems, but has never discussed them in detail. He said he has been sober for 8 years and credited the Vikings for his recovery.
``The first thing the Vikings did was get me some help,″ he said. ``The Vikings helped me with a counselor. And Vikings trainer Fred Zamberletti helped me a great deal.″
Since 1989, Carter has become one of the league’s best receivers and has been to four consecutive Pro Bowls. He set an NFL record with 122 catches in 1994 and is Minnesota’s leading receiver. He turned out to be one of the all-time NFL bargains because the Vikings paid only $100 for Carter’s contract in 1989.
Since leaving the Eagles he became a minister and works at a church in Boca Raton Fla., during the off-season. He has conducted weddings and funerals there.

Last Dayz

Soul Thief
Certified Pussy Poster
Carter has missed the last three episodes of show and is reportedly upset about Fox’s decision to exclude him from its Thursday Night Football coverage and instead go with less-proven talent like Tony Gonzalez and Rob Gronkowski.

:roflmao:

But yea, fuck Chris Carter for shittin on his moms for them honkies.

Mack1052

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Of the drugs?

Cris Carter Admits Drug Problems
MINNEAPOLIS (AP) _ Vikings wide receiver Cris Carter says his drug and alcohol problems caused the Philadelphia Eagles put him on waivers after a stellar season in 1989.
Carter told the Star Tribune that his substance abuse problem led Buddy Ryan, then the Eagles coach, even though he had caught 45 passes for 605 yards in 1989. He said the media was wrong to blame Ryan for his move to Minnesota.
Carter made the comments Friday after taping ESPN’s NFL Countdown show to be aired Sunday morning. Ryan and Vikings backup quarterback Randall Cunningham will also appear in the episode.
``ESPN asked me about a couple of incidents, and I didn’t want to be untruthful to them about why I left there,″ Carter said. ``It was about what I had to overcome. I have been able to overcome alcohol and chemical dependency.″
Carter has told reporters and fans before that he had substance abuse problems, but has never discussed them in detail. He said he has been sober for 8 years and credited the Vikings for his recovery.
``The first thing the Vikings did was get me some help,″ he said. ``The Vikings helped me with a counselor. And Vikings trainer Fred Zamberletti helped me a great deal.″
Since 1989, Carter has become one of the league’s best receivers and has been to four consecutive Pro Bowls. He set an NFL record with 122 catches in 1994 and is Minnesota’s leading receiver. He turned out to be one of the all-time NFL bargains because the Vikings paid only $100 for Carter’s contract in 1989.
Since leaving the Eagles he became a minister and works at a church in Boca Raton Fla., during the off-season. He has conducted weddings and funerals there.

This article is 22 years old and he was sober for 8 years prior to it's release so 30 in total. I don't think a drug habit is the reason of his outburst last week

D'Evils

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

20wxeb.gif

HNIC

Commander
Staff member
How he fuck that Gig up? Dude had a super ego and was abrasive, but I liked him because he knew his stuff. Also how you get mad about Gronk and Tony Gonzales being used on Thursday Night football. You can't have all the damn jobs, you already have a morning show. :dunno:

The New York Post Said
While there have been reports that Carter was miffed about not being a part of Fox’s “Thursday Night Football” studio show, that is not the reason he was let go.

He may have been upset about not having a role on TNF, but sources said the matter at hand is more serious. It is unknown at this time what the exact nature of the disagreement. Carter could not be immediately reached for comment.

Last edited:

jemstar

Rising Star
Registered
Fired from both ESPN and FS1, he's probably untouchable at this point. FS1 gonna have to hire someone that keeps Nick Wright's bozo ass in check, Cris Canty isn't the guy longterm.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Cris Carter, Fox Sports divorce over serious issue
By Andrew Marchand
November 7, 2019 | 10:39am | Updated

Enlarge Image

Cris CarterGetty Images

Hall of Fame receiver Cris Carter is out at Fox Sports, the network announced Thursday morning.

Carter had been a panelist on FS1’s “First Things First,” a morning debate show that he co-hosted with Nick Wright and Jenna Wolfe.

https://nypost.com/2019/11/04/cris-carter-feuding-with-fox-over-thursday-night-football-role/
While there have been reports that Carter was miffed about not being a part of Fox’s “Thursday Night Football” studio show, that is not the reason he was let go.

He may have been upset about not having a role on TNF, but sources said the matter at hand is more serious. The exact nature of the disagreement is unknown at this time. Carter could not be immediately reached for comment.

“Cris Carter is no longer with Fox Sports,” the network said. “There is no further comment at this time.”

The Big Lead was the first to note that Carter was not on the air since Oct. 30. Front Office Sports first mentioned Carter’s disdain over not being included in the pregame.

Former Giants lineman Chris Canty has been the primary replacement for Carter on the show. Carter, 53, previously worked at ESPN after starring for the Vikings.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Cris Carter, Fox Sports part ways after reported disagreement about his role
Cris Carter, at left with “First Things First” co-host Nick Wright, is out at Fox Sports. (Cris Carter, at left with “First Things First” co-host Nick Wright, is out at Fox Sports. Fox Sports photo)
By
Matt Bonesteel
November 7, 2019 at 2:09 p.m. EST
Fox Sports announced Thursday that it has parted ways with Cris Carter, co-host of the “First Things First” morning show on Fox Sports 1.
“Cris Carter is no longer with Fox Sports. There is no further comment at this time,” the network said in a statement.
Carter, who was inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 2013 after an NFL career as a wide receiver for the Philadelphia Eagles and Minnesota Vikings, joined Fox Sports in December, 2016, and months later was given a prominent role on “First Things First,” Fox Sports’ attempt to siphon viewers away from ESPN’s morning-show audience. Carter previously had worked at HBO before joining ESPN in 2008.

Carter has not appeared on “First Things First” since Oct. 30 — former NFL player Chris Canty replaced him — and on Sunday, The Big Lead reported that Fox Sports had suspended him. Longtime sports media reporter Michael McCarthy reported Monday that Carter had taken a leave of absence over his displeasure at being left off Fox’s “Thursday Night Football” pregame broadcast, which is filmed at the same Manhattan location as “First Things First.”
AD

The New York Post’s Andrew Marchand, meanwhile, said Carter was not let go because of any “Thursday Night Football" dispute but rather because of something “more serious,” though Marchand said the exact nature of that issue was “unknown”
Carter has not commented. He has populated his Twitter feed with Bible verses in recent days.

Cris Carter

@criscarter80

https://twitter.com/criscarter80/status/1190943976607621120

Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Matthew 5:10

5:49 AM - Nov 3, 2019
Twitter Ads info and privacy

141 people are talking about this

Carter’s biography was still listed on Fox Sports’ media site early Thursday morning but was removed after the network announced his departure.
In May, the Associated Press reported that the ratings for “First Things First,” which airs from 6:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. Eastern, had increased by 30 percent over the past year, but it still only was averaging 61,000 viewers. “Get Up,” ESPN’s much-hyped morning show that partially overlaps with “First Things First,” was averaging just south of 350,000 viewers earlier this year.

Fox Sports said Thursday that “First Things First" remains “a priority” and that Carter’s role “will be replaced."

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Hall of Fame receiver Cris Carter, Fox Sports part ways
Scott Gleeson
USA TODAY

AD
0:26

Pro Football Hall of Fame receiver Cris Carter and Fox Sports have parted ways, the network announced Thursday morning.
“Cris Carter is no longer with Fox Sports,” the network said. “There is no further comment at this time.”
Carter, who has not been on the air since Oct. 30, joined Fox Sports in 2016 and started on FS1's morning show, First Things First, alongside TV personality Nick Wright in 2017.
The network did not announce who will replace Carter on the show. Chris Canty has been filling in for Carter alongside Wright and Jenna Wolfe since last week in his absence.
Carter, who was reported to have been in a dispute with executives before the ouster, according to Front Office Sports, posted a bible verse early Thursday morning on Twitter but it was unclear if it was related to his departure from Fox Sports.

The 53-year-old Carter was inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 2013 after a 12-year career, most notably with the Minnesota Vikings, that saw him record 1,101 career receptions and 130 touchdowns -- all ranked in the top five in NFL history.
Prior to his stint with Fox, Carter appeared on HBO Sports' Inside the NFL and ESPN's Sunday NFL Countdown.

HNIC

Commander
Staff member
What about Rob Parker as a replacement :dunno:
The only downside is that may breakup the Odd Couple Podcast with Rob Parker and Chris Broussard

HNIC