HBO Series: Watchmen (2019) (drops 10/20/19) Thread

Database Error

You're right dawg
OG Investor
Panda is the guy on the other end of the radio that the cop had to call to get his firearm released. Panda sounds black over the radio at that moment. Yeah he's black

Last edited:

"THE MAN"

Resident Cool Nerd
BGOL Investor
Yeah I just checked IMDB and they confirmed it, don't know why they put such emphasis on watches with Ozozymandias when that was Manhattan was ACTUALLY a watchmakers son... Great now I am gonna be nit-picking this show too!
Could be an obsession. Dr. Manhattan said he left to possibly create life. He also made the smartest man in the world question himself before he left.
latest

KAPE KRUSADER

Rising Star
Registered
I LOVE Regina King!!!!! She is sexy as fuck!!!! I am going to Jared's after work and getting her a ring!!!!:inlove:

To open the series with the 1921 Oklahoma Black Wall Street Massacre was powerful!!!! Let me say this, White people are some fucked up, diseased in the mind motherfuckers........
Ok, I feel better.

Ok, let me start shopping for my Regina, her engagement ring!!!!!

Shaka54

FKA Shaka38
Platinum Member
So is Regina King the widow of the chief's son? Would explain the relationship and the kids.
Good question! I was wondering how a Black couple ended up with THESE kids.

Other questions are:
How many stars are on that Seventh Kavalry Flag patch on their caps? How much had US Imperialism spread?
Did Panda's reluctance and hesitancy to release the Cop's weapon cost him his life?

Shaka54

FKA Shaka38
Platinum Member

Tdot_firestarta

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
This was a dope ass first episode! I am so looking forward to seeing how the rest of the season goes. I loved the references to the novel sprinkled here and there. Also, the opening with Bass Reeves and the Tulsa massacre were incredible.

Real talk...that shit was dope, great way to kickstart this series...

Out of the blue... my Wife said to me this morning while we were making the bed..."why isn't Panda being held accountable for not releasing the officers gun in time?"

lol we just had a federal election last night...she closed a deal with a major client and one of the first things she mentions in the morning is a plot point from this show...that's how I knew shit has a major impact.

shit had us so amped I popped in the Watchmen blu-ray and watched it last night right after finishing the episode just to get some more context for the story.

makes sense that white supremacists latched onto rorshrach, bastardized his words and raised him as a deity. He used to be an avid reader of the Right wing newspaper "The New frontiersman" sent his journal to their office before he died, and they published his entries exposing Ozy ( the liberal saviour) plus he was a lonely, angry, miserable, hateful white man so that turned him into a cult hero.

Looking forward to the ride and reveal of all the mysteries in this alternate 2019 world...vietnam as a 51st state, the story behind Reginas white kids, How Robert Redford became president, and more explanations of the events that occurred prior to 2019 etc.

"THE MAN"

Resident Cool Nerd
BGOL Investor
not too big just a lot of people are coming in fresh with no ties to the source material and since we don't know where the show is going to take it, those innocent things could be big spoilers
I gotcha. Was more of a back history since the comics are so different than the movie. But I get it. At the end of the season though if someone has a questions.............

Shaka54

FKA Shaka38
Platinum Member
The story about the night they started wearing masks. Plus the 2 white kids and one obviously mixed one who looks like Blanket Jackson. Maybe they will explain more later on but they seemed to be close like family. Maybe they came for her and he was killed.
Nah one of the kids called him uncle Judd tho. So he is not their grandfather.

I missed that. Unless its a lie to protect them? Who knows lol. Shit is bugging me.

The central character in the new series is Angela Abar (played magnificently by Regina King), a former cop who “retired” from the force after the White Night, a synchronized Kavalry attack on Tulsa police and their families that killed Angela’s partner and his wife.
giphy.gif

Last edited: