Popeyes New Chicken Sandwich Is Luring In Loyal Chick-Fil-A Advocates

kirkout

DCPG
BGOL Investor
This is a decent sandwich, but I must say the best fried chicken sandwich I had hands down came from an eatery in DC called Woodward Takeout Food (WTF)/Woodward Table. The chicken sandwich was called the chick chick and my goodness that thing was good. It ran about $16 if my memory serves me correctly but it was well worth it. They even had a morning chicken biscuit sandwich. That damn fried chicken sandwich was good.

WTF-DC-sandwich-0-0-0.jpg

The Plutonian

The Anti Bullshitter
BGOL Investor
Mannnn Gtfoh with that bullshit! Ain’t no one bullshit ass sandwich getting rid of Chik Fil A. Ever. The lemonade alone will hold them down. Besides that, the chicken is real at Chik. All that fried mf bread and grease is what people tasting on that Popeyes sandwich lol

julian

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Chick fil A has been the best by a mile for me for over 25 years but, when I was in school in late 80s early 90s the best chicken sandwich of all time was Wendy's. That shit was so good I actually got a job their after school just so I could get those sandwiches wit large fry and frosty. But they changed something over the years and it isn't even as good as McDonalds or Checkers. Hooters has a very good buffalo chicken sandwich. I'm gonna try this new Popeyes but I don't expect it to challenge Chik fil A.

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
Does the Popeyes chicken sandwich come with the great customer service that Chick Fil A offers? If not, they ain't overtaking CFA in the chicken sandwich market.

Not even that big a fan of CFA but their customer service outstanding and sets them apart from other fast food sandwich joints.

850credit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
This is a decent sandwich, but I must say the best fried chicken sandwich I had hands down came from an eatery in DC called Woodward Takeout Food (WTF)/Woodward Table. The chicken sandwich was called the chick chick and my goodness that thing was good. It ran about $16 if my memory serves me correctly but it was well worth it. They even had a morning chicken biscuit sandwich. That damn fried chicken sandwich was good.

I may check this next time I'm in DC.

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Does the Popeyes chicken sandwich come with the great customer service that Chick Fil A offers? If not, they ain't overtaking CFA in the chicken sandwich market.

Not even that big a fan of CFA but their customer service outstanding and sets them apart from other fast food sandwich joints.

Then go eat their “Customer Service” and leave the food for us.

giphy.gif

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Did this nigga just post a $16 sandwich?

giphy.gif

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I’ve had the Popeyes chicken sandwiches twice.

I had the mild first. If you like Popeyes chicken, you’ll like the sandwich. The mild tasted like a Popeyes breast piece of chicken without the bone. That’s the easiest way to describe it. It was very good.

The spicy was good also. If you like Popeyes, you’ll like the sandwich. Mine weren’t overly breaded.

chrislee

Rising Star
Super Moderator
Had it about 3 weeks ago. I was impressed by it. Chick Fil A drive thru is ALWAYS backed up so Popeyes sandwich is a good replacement.

Hotlantan

Beep beep. Who's got the keys to the Jeep? VROOM!
BGOL Investor
This is what happens when you (try to) charge SIXTEEN DOLLARS for one chicken sandwich :tut:
an eatery in DC called Woodward Takeout Food (WTF)/Woodward Table. The chicken sandwich... ran about $16 if my memory serves me correctly
http://woodwardtable.com

WOODWARD_338.jpg

Woodward Table closed on August 18, 2019. Thanks for all your support over the last seven years. We will miss you.

Last edited:

BGLR1212000

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
If we talkin best chicken sandwich I ever tasted, then Steamhouse Lounge in midtown ATL is the best. Man I bit that shit damn near nutted on myself.

LordSinister

One Punch Mayne
Super Moderator
You wildin'. You can actually taste the seasoning with Chic-Fil-A that's what sets them apart.

Yeah, salt. Shit is bland as fuck. Years ago Wendy's had a bomb spicy chicken but I quit eating there. My niece is hooked on this shit so I tried it a couple of times and all I can say is it would go wonderful with cac potato salad with raisins.
:rolleyes: