BREAKING: Pelicans agree to trade AD to the Lakers

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
1) Board man is from LA....his plan was always to go back home Clippers or Lakers

KD is not from Oakland

2) The Lakers are not coming off a 73-9 season....they actually missed the playoffs

KD joined a 73-9 team that he was up 3-1 and and shit the bed.

3) Board Man was not up 3-1 on the Lakers then blew the lead.

KD was up 3-1 on the 73-9 team and shit the bed....then joined them because he knew he couldn't do it himself like that.

4) Kawhi has already won two Finals MVPs with two different teams and the first player to ever win it for a Eastern conference and Western conference team.

KD was ring chasing which is fine but he went chasing with a team he actually was one game away from beating.

5) Kawhi has the courage to stand up to the medical staff and trust his body over what the DRs say.

KD has burner accounts, argues with trolls, gives into peer pressure and probably flushed some of his prime form down the toilet for a team that was scared to take a ass whippin.

KD destroyed his achilles for nothing. He not even gone stop Bron from never playing in the Finals again. Complete waste. And hard not to notice no one is pegging the teams he predicted to go to into instant contenders. We were told he was "the best player in the game" but Kawhi getting a bigger buzz and got more folks shook.

Amajorfucup

Rising Star
Platinum Member
1) Board man is from LA....his plan was always to go back home Clippers or Lakers

KD is not from Oakland

2) The Lakers are not coming off a 73-9 season....they actually missed the playoffs

KD joined a 73-9 team that he was up 3-1 and and shit the bed.

3) Board Man was not up 3-1 on the Lakers then blew the lead.

KD was up 3-1 on the 73-9 team and shit the bed....then joined them because he knew he couldn't do it himself like that.

4) Kawhi has already won two Finals MVPs with two different teams and the first player to ever win it for a Eastern conference and Western conference team.

KD was ring chasing which is fine but he went chasing with a team he actually was one game away from beating.

5) Kawhi has the courage to stand up to the medical staff and trust his body over what the DRs say.

KD has burner accounts, argues with trolls, gives into peer pressure and probably flushed some of his prime form down the toilet for a team that was scared to take a ass whippin.
All legitimate points.

Not the same.. but wack nonetheless. I have no desire to see them 3 niggas on one team. Id love to see Klay play with Lebron tho. Shit would be beautiful to watch.

Spectrum

Elite Poster
BGOL Investor
All legitimate points.

Not the same.. but wack nonetheless. I have no desire to see them 3 niggas on one team. Id love to see Klay play with Lebron tho. Shit would be beautiful to watch.

Klay never acted like he wanted to leave, but it seems he's leaving a lot on the table (in terms of potential) being on the Warriors. He was always the guy that delivered in the playoffs when the Warriors really need it and I wonder if he could do it more consistently if he was on a team that required it.

Fucked up that both those guys went down like that to end the season. :smh:

Tha Great Muta

Rising Star
Platinum Member
All legitimate points.

I still think Kawhi stays in the 6 a few years but he's just keeping his options open.

Bron got two years before he passes the Lakers on to AD......it would be AD and Khawi's team in 2 years.

But I think Kawhi is gonna stay in Toronto a few more years

Spectrum

Elite Poster
BGOL Investor
Kemba is an upgrade from kyrie

I think he's going to make that team better than Kyrie did. Kyrie can't be your #1. He's not a good team leader. I don't like volume shooting undersized guards like Kemba but he'll probably fit with the team better... remember this team almost made the NBA finals after Kyrie went down.

tpotda

Rising Star
Registered
I can see Kemba getting them back to the ECF vs the Sixers if Jimmy Butler resigns with sixers

I think he's going to make that team better than Kyrie did. Kyrie can't be your #1. He's not a good team leader. I don't like volume shooting undersized guards like Kemba but he'll probably fit with the team better... remember this team almost made the NBA finals after Kyrie went down.

LordSinister

One Punch Mayne
Super Moderator
The biggest coon associated with that team brand is Tobe Bean. You seem to give him a free pass tho.

When? I was one of the only Lakers fans telling the truth about bean when cranrab was hating on the Lakers. 12 years ago nobody was doing that, but know I'm a Kobe apologist? When Barnac asked me to ask the destroyer how he would handle him I said I don't need to ask. Al II would have choked his bitch ass out on the court for that bullshit in the beginning.

No my friend, there are fans and stans and like the great Chick Hearn I will call out any Laker on that fuck shit. Any Laker.

babydaddy

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I think alot ppl forget the east was weaker last season. Sixers, Raptors and bucks were all better teams this year than last season.

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor

Is Kemba a good leader though?

Arguably their two leaders are gone, Morris and Horford

They're just trying to plug a position of need...and Kemba is the best available

Boston is probably also going to lose Rozier(positive), Morris, Baynes and Horford

and they're wing heavy...what about the four and five. They just lost their big rotation.

Giving Kemba that money also takes up most of their money

LordSinister

One Punch Mayne
Super Moderator
:hmm:

no he's not

What does Kemba do better than Kyrie?

He's an upgrade from Terry Rozier though

Don't act like an entitled fuck boi for one. He had to fake apologize for wanting GOAT status when he's not. He's a very good player, nobody thinks leader when they think of him.

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
I think alot ppl forget the east was weaker last season. Sixers, Raptors and bucks were all better teams this year than last season.

The east was weaker from top to bottom

but the East top teams were superior to the West

Portland and Denver were top teams in the west

Spectrum

Elite Poster
BGOL Investor
Jordan dont give a shit about keeping talent

I don't know who is doing the actual drafting, but the draft is their biggest issue. Go and look at the drafts over the last 10 years... full of busts and then all stars picked right behind them.

tpotda

Rising Star
Registered
Ainge is probably going to try to get a big through a trade, maybe Capela from the rockets. If not, it's the Robert Williams era

Arguably their two leaders are gone, Morris and Horford

They're just trying to plug a position of need...and Kemba is the best available

Boston is probably also going to lose Rozier(positive), Morris, Baynes and Horford

and they're wing heavy...what about the four and five. They just lost their big rotation.

Giving Kemba that money also takes up most of their money

Spectrum

Elite Poster
BGOL Investor
y

I don't think he'll try to be the leader. I think he'll just fit in and do his job. Kyrie wants to be THAT GUY and he just doesn't have it. I think he's a great #2...when you need a late game assassin... that's why most execs want him IF they can get Durant too but I don't think they dying to only have Kyrie.

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
Jordan dont give a shit about keeping talent

They have no talent to keep

They have drafted awful

They don't keep players they draft...because they aren't good and/or don't develop

And there's one's they shouldn't keep, Zeller and Kidd Gilchrist

Look at Kaminsky, Zeller, Monk and Kidd-Gilchrist

I don't know why they didn't play Miles Bridges more last year when they were obviously out of the playoff race.

Charlotte has always drafted for name recognition, college career, and not for talent or potential.

Amajorfucup

Rising Star
Platinum Member
When? I was one of the only Lakers fans telling the truth about bean when cranrab was hating on the Lakers. 12 years ago nobody was doing that, but know I'm a Kobe apologist? When Barnac asked me to ask the destroyer how he would handle him I said I don't need to ask. Al II would have choked his bitch ass out on the court for that bullshit in the beginning.

No my friend, there are fans and stans and like the great Chick Hearn I will call out any Laker on that fuck shit. Any Laker.
Ok. That's my bad then. I thought you were a Mamba Stan. Thought you and Complex worshipped at the same church.

Spectrum

Elite Poster
BGOL Investor

No doubt. I don't think they see it as an upgrade. They just know Kyrie is gone and they're getting the next best guy that's available. When I was reading articles through the season though.... the other players were kind of throwing subliminal shots at Kyrie... he clearly was disruptive over there.

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
An example of Charlotte's drafting, turning down multiple picks from Boston so they can draft the overrated dookie Justis Winslow so they can draft Frank fuckin Kaminsky.

Who was a good college player, but who thought he was going to be an all star?

I don't think he'll try to be the leader. I think he'll just fit in and do his job. Kyrie wants to be THAT GUY and he just doesn't have it. I think he's a great #2...when you need a late game assassin... that's why most execs want him IF they can get Durant too but I don't think they dying to only have Kyrie.

I agree

but if he's not it's Hayward, Brown and Tatum

Boston and the great Brad Steven's have some work to do

Spectrum

Elite Poster
BGOL Investor
They have no talent to keep

They have drafted awful

They don't keep players they draft...because they aren't good and/or don't develop

And there's one's they shouldn't keep, Zeller and Kidd Gilchrist

Look at Kaminsky, Zeller, Monk and Kidd-Gilchrist

I don't know why they didn't play Miles Bridges more last year when they were obviously out of the playoff race.

Charlotte has always drafted for name recognition, college career, and not for talent or potential.

That's all it is. I routinely go back and relook at drafts (in the NBA and NFL) just to see how some teams consistently fuck up their picks. They rank way up there. Only a slightly different note, the 2013 NBA draft might just be the worst draft of all time.

Spectrum

Elite Poster
BGOL Investor
I agree

but if he's not it's Hayward, Brown and Tatum

Boston and the great Brad Steven's have some work to do

I think it will be a sum greater than the individual parts because his teammates didn't seem to like him and they'll get the offensive production (albeit in a different way because Kemba likes to come off picks and stuff way more than Kyrie) from Kemba to replace Kyrie's scoring... but they'll lose in the playoffs when they need that go-to guy and don't have him.

They're not going to get "better" though in terms of talent. I just think they'll play better together. Ainge blew it holding on to all those "assets" and not making a deal.

Spectrum

Elite Poster
BGOL Investor
And don't forget Adam Morrisson. MJ is awful.

That's when I knew he was the one doing the drafting because only ownership could have approved that one and it established a pattern. I thought I read a couple of years ago that he finally handed all that shit over to someone else though

Amajorfucup

Rising Star
Platinum Member
...the 2013 NBA draft might just be the worst draft of all time.
Not even close.

2000 draft was WOAT.

Oh and feel free to look back at 2013 draft and see who called the picks right (Olidipo) and who told @Complex Dumb ass Anthony Bennet would be a all time fuck up.

Last edited: