Chernobyl (2019) HBO Series

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
There were nuclear power millions of years ago. But it was used for farming and we had a free energy source. Solar energy has been here millions of years ago. Nuclear power was safe at first but then then came demons to destroy the knowledge and redo it for white supremacy.

Nuclear power millions of years ago??... Used for farming???

We’ve only been on this planet for what ... maybe 200,000 years..

Who was doing this farming?

King_of_Posts

Rising Star
Registered

Man no one even bothered to reply to that bullshit. His response will be comparable to War and Peace novel in length and will make no more sense than his initial one.

In general, when he starts a thread..... many don't even receive a single reply because what he usually says is so far it there and of topic, you don't even know how to respond.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
I hate this nigga

Millions of years ago... niggas were using Nuclear power to farm???

giphy.gif

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
Man no one even bothered to reply to that bullshit. His response will be comparable to War and Peace novel in length and will make no more sense than his initial one.

In general, when he starts a thread..... many don't even receive a single reply because what he usually says is so far it there and of topic, you don't even know how to respond.

I thought the flat earth shit was the craziest thing I’ve read on here but man this is next level

King_of_Posts

Rising Star
Registered
I thought the flat earth shit was the craziest thing I’ve read on here but man this is next level

I think he is hands down the strangest person who posts on here. If you or anyone else in here knows of anyone's who posts stranger shit, if like to know.

99% of what he posts is next level shit lol. I mean, shit is so weird it's just mostly ignored.

Wobble Wobble

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Back to Chernobyl. The hospital scenes are the worst. The scenes with the coal miners had me near tears, from how sad it was, how funny it was and how brave they were.

This is one fucked up series. I stopped with most television fiction after The Wire. No Sopranos, no Game of Thrones and only two or three episodes of The Pacific. But this, is a horror show and compelling.

It's got me thinking: where are the nuclear power plants near me and what are the prevailing winds around them?

ORIGINAL NATION

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

The history of white people is only a little over 6000 years. Our history is over millions of years old.The black man has not seen his day in over 50 thousand years. The last 6 thousands since the emerging of the white race has witnessed a complete destruction of the black man. The pyramids are some of the wonders of the world. But that is barely scratching the ground of what has really happened. A lady had studied the outline of the patterns of time and actually devised a working machine that would show you past events and future events. It was called the chronovisor. I saw some of the actual video where it was tested and it actually showed the past as though it was happening right in front of you. They got the machine hid away at the Vatican.

Every since the devil took over and has been allowed to rule for the last 6 thousand years history has been changed and intentionally confused. In fact you were born in a reality created by them. They are the father of this bullshit we got to overcome.

When Elijah Muhammad was alive a lot of blacks told him a lot of the stuff you say is true but you keep saying the same thing over and over. He told them that is because you have not caught on to the first things yet. There is a lot I can say and there is 2 sides to every story. Why do you think the money and resources have always backed up their side of the story?
29y2z8.jpg

SamSneed

Disciple of Zod
BGOL Investor
I’ve been quiet but this will go down as one of the best mini-series that I’ve seen since The Pacific.

I’m so hooked on this shit.... An episode a week at a time isn’t enough.
Im still a bit lost on what happen

What caused that bitch to blow

SamSneed

Disciple of Zod
BGOL Investor
Back to Chernobyl. The hospital scenes are the worst. The scenes with the coal miners had me near tears, from how sad it was, how funny it was and how brave they were.

This is one fucked up series. I stopped with most television fiction after The Wire. No Sopranos, no Game of Thrones and only two or three episodes of The Pacific. But this, is a horror show and compelling.

It's got me thinking: where are the nuclear power plants near me and what are the prevailing winds around them?
We got one way south of houston

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member

The craziest thing is that a large chunk of this is true... Russia definitely covered up the true impact of this disaster

But yeah the hospital shit was killing me... I’d rather you shoot me..

And the fact that the people trying to clean up this mess know that they only have years to live now.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
“A lady studied the outline of patterns of time. She created the chronovisor.”

Yooooooooooooo.... that is straight up a first for me.

This has to be trolling.. no way anyone believes that.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
Im still a bit lost on what happen

What caused that bitch to blow

flaw in the manufacture and arrangement of the control rods in their core.

That night that we’re running a test of an emergency automatic shutdown of the plant. The problem was that the planet didn’t have the ability to ride out / power loss. When they reduced the power there was a miss alignment of the control rods (remember the story about neutron bullets) .. the misalignment caused instability in the core and steam to generate... eventually shit lead to a shut down of the core... and kaboom

Wobble Wobble

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Im still a bit lost on what happen. What caused that bitch to blow
During the Soviet times, much of their espionage was in the stealing of technology and "reverse engineering" it. The Soviet Union was sending people to get trade secrets from the West, particularly the UK and US since the 1920s. Check the Mitrokhin Archives (the KGB's top archivist was copying down everything that came accross his desk and then smuggled it to the UK in 1992). Have a good look at the B29 Stratofortress from WW2. One had to crash land in Soviet territory after an attack on Japan. The Soviets stripped it and copied it down to the bolts for one of their own bombers.

The idea of nuclear fusion started research since the 1930s. They were working the western programs since then (the Cambridge Five, Melita Norwood, the Rosenbergs, Claus Fuchs to name a few). The Soviet Union stole plans and copied and built. But - there was and a lag in the implementation, and western designs moved on and improved. Chernobyl's reactor had its roots in a 1940s design. Their attempt at an experimental start was faulty, and there were a host of design faults in the Chernobyl type facility. Combine that with the paranoia of a dictatorship, well, you get thousands of people dying unnessarily.

Sleep well, Bruh

mexico

Rising Star
Registered

The coal minors are the ultimate give-no-fucks crew. Ya'll don't wanna bring us no fans out here, huh... :lol:

Then when he asked if his men would be looked after (cuz he knew they were about to be fucked up) and Stellan Skarsgard said, "I don' t know." The look on my man's face said it all, like ain't this a bitch and just went back to work. Bureaucrats ain't shit.

I knew this show was gonna be good when I saw the cast, but I didn't expect it to be this absorbing. It gets better every week.

really REALLY good series.... that last episode ..mixed emotions with the Fireman's wife....i mean...HOW IDIOTIC!!?!? is she really pregnant tho?

All the dumb people on this show be pissing me off. This bitch was front and center last week. Nurse tell her don't touch him... first thing she do is go in the room and give him a kiss. Motherfucker is basically melting before your eyes. They tell the bitch to stay outside the plastic... hoe go right in the plastic.

Texas Catdaddy

the omnipotent one .....
Platinum Member
The coal minors are the ultimate give-no-fucks crew. Ya'll don't wanna bring us no fans out here, huh... :lol:

Then when he asked if his men would be looked after (cuz he knew they were about to be fucked up) and Stellan Skarsgard said, "I don' t know." The look on my man's face said it all, like ain't this a bitch and just went back to work. Bureaucrats ain't shit.

I knew this show was gonna be good when I saw the cast, but I didn't expect it to be this absorbing. It gets better every week.

All the dumb people on this show be pissing me off. This bitch was front and center last week. Nurse tell her don't touch him... first thing she do is go in the room and give him a kiss. Motherfucker is basically melting before your eyes. They tell the bitch to stay outside the plastic... hoe go right in the plastic.

Baby gon look just like his daddy .....

WattDogs

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
“A lady studied the outline of patterns of time. She created the chronovisor.”

Yooooooooooooo.... that is straight up a first for me.

This has to be trolling.. no way anyone believes that.

I hate to be that guy....but this is kinda right...

I grew up on the stories of the chronovisor. Matter of fact, it was images taken from it & everything. Think it was the Cruxification or something.

Now, is it real or not? I don't know. But it popped up again around the time of John Titor & his time machine.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
really REALLY good series.... that last episode ..mixed emotions with the Fireman's wife....i mean...HOW IDIOTIC!!?!? is she really pregnant tho?

Back then.. regular people didn’t really understand the impact... plus you have to remember The Russian government was trying to contain that shit.. Remember ol girl thought it was just burns from a fire.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member

The True Story Behind ‘Chernobyl’s Miners Is Even More Depressing Than on the HBO Series
By Kayla Cobb @kaylcobb May 23, 2019 at 10:55am164 Shares
chernobyl-miners.jpg

Photo: HBO

Time and time again, HBO’s Chernobyl revels in civilian sacrifice, telling the sobering stories of everyday men and women who knowingly exposed themselves to radiation in an attempt to lessen the impact of Russia’s horrific nuclear disaster. However, one of the series most difficult-to-watch subplots was actually far worse in real life. According to The Chernobyl Podcast, the miners who risked their lives in Episode 3 were never actually needed.

“Open Wide, O Earth” is a devastating and personal tale of future loss and knowing sacrifice from beginning to end. Half of the episode cuts between Valery Legasov’s (Jared Harris) grim warnings about the many, many people the disaster will kill and intimate moments between a wife and a husband on his deathbed. It’s an episode that equates personal, devastating tragedy with the massive scope of this disaster. But in between these two extremes there’s another story at play. Legasov has to help convince a group of miners to work in the radiation, thereby exposing themselves to almost certain death.

After Chernobyl’s nuclear explosion there was a fear that the plant’s melted uranium was going to sink into the Earth and infect the Black Sea. If that were to happen it would almost permanently contaminate a major water source and cause untold damage to this ecosystem. To prevent this possibility, Soviet Union miners were asked to build a tunnel underneath the uranium so that a refrigeration source could be installed. This would theoretically cool down the uranium and prevent the Black Sea from being contaminated.

The miners’ story is the first time we ever witness civilian backlash in Chernobyl. Whereas most of the other volunteers who risked their lives in the wake of this disaster do so with a sort of resigned acceptance of the inevitable, the miners led by Alex Ferns’ Glukhov are always defiant. In one of the most memorable moments of the episode, all of the sweat-covered miners walk around the site fully naked but wearing their “protective” headgear. It’s a furious middle finger in the midst of unrelenting horror. These men knew no amount of clothing could protect them from radiation. And so they wore nothing so they could work through what was essentially a boiling mandatory death sentence even faster.

“There were some varying accounts of how much clothing got taken off. More than one said that they took it all off,” Craig Mazin explained on The Chernobyl Podcast. It was important to the showrunner and writer to portray this show’s miners as a defiant and powerful force. “Mikhail Gorbachev himself said the coal miners sort of scared him. They were tough. And they chose willingly to [build these tunnels] in part because of a general sense of honor and community.”

However, the true horror of the Chernobyl miners’ situation never unfolds onscreen. Though the miners and the show operate under the impression that digging this radioactive tunnel was absolutely essential to the survival of their nation, that wasn’t the case. In fact, there was only an even chance the uranium would sink into the Black Sea. Later. in one of the cruelest twists, it was revealed the tunnel these workers risked their lives to build weren’t necessary at all. The uranium never melted through the concrete pad that stood between it and the soil that would lead to the water.

“It’s just a chilling fact,” Mazin explained. “I would put myself in Legasav’s shoes there and you start to realize the cruelty of the situation. You have no choice. A 50/50 chance that you’re going to poison the Black Sea forever is not acceptable.”

Reportedly one out of four of Chernobyl’s miners later died of cancer and disease connected to radiation poisoning. Yet all of those brave men died to stop a threat that never actually manifested. Just when you thought Chernobyl the series was at its saddest, the real life story is there with a new punch to the gut.

https://decider.com/2019/05/23/chernobyl-miners-epsiode-3/

mexico

Rising Star
Registered
The True Story Behind ‘Chernobyl’s Miners Is Even More Depressing Than on the HBO Series
chernobyl-miners.jpg

Time and time again, HBO’s Chernobyl revels in civilian sacrifice, telling the sobering stories of everyday men and women who knowingly exposed themselves to radiation in an attempt to lessen the impact of Russia’s horrific nuclear disaster. However, one of the series most difficult-to-watch subplots was actually far worse in real life. According to The Chernobyl Podcast, the miners who risked their lives in Episode 3 were never actually needed.

“Open Wide, O Earth” is a devastating and personal tale of future loss and knowing sacrifice from beginning to end. Half of the episode cuts between Valery Legasov’s (Jared Harris) grim warnings about the many, many people the disaster will kill and intimate moments between a wife and a husband on his deathbed. It’s an episode that equates personal, devastating tragedy with the massive scope of this disaster. But in between these two extremes there’s another story at play. Legasov has to help convince a group of miners to work in the radiation, thereby exposing themselves to almost certain death.

After Chernobyl’s nuclear explosion there was a fear that the plant’s melted uranium was going to sink into the Earth and infect the Black Sea. If that were to happen it would almost permanently contaminate a major water source and cause untold damage to this ecosystem. To prevent this possibility, Soviet Union miners were asked to build a tunnel underneath the uranium so that a refrigeration source could be installed. This would theoretically cool down the uranium and prevent the Black Sea from being contaminated.

The miners’ story is the first time we ever witness civilian backlash in Chernobyl. Whereas most of the other volunteers who risked their lives in the wake of this disaster do so with a sort of resigned acceptance of the inevitable, the miners led by Alex Ferns’ Glukhov are always defiant. In one of the most memorable moments of the episode, all of the sweat-covered miners walk around the site fully naked but wearing their “protective” headgear. It’s a furious middle finger in the midst of unrelenting horror. These men knew no amount of clothing could protect them from radiation. And so they wore nothing so they could work through what was essentially a boiling mandatory death sentence even faster.

“There were some varying accounts of how much clothing got taken off. More than one said that they took it all off,” Craig Mazin explained on The Chernobyl Podcast. It was important to the showrunner and writer to portray this show’s miners as a defiant and powerful force. “Mikhail Gorbachev himself said the coal miners sort of scared him. They were tough. And they chose willingly to [build these tunnels] in part because of a general sense of honor and community.”

However, the true horror of the Chernobyl miners’ situation never unfolds onscreen. Though the miners and the show operate under the impression that digging this radioactive tunnel was absolutely essential to the survival of their nation, that wasn’t the case. In fact, there was only an even chance the uranium would sink into the Black Sea. Later. in one of the cruelest twists, it was revealed the tunnel these workers risked their lives to build weren’t necessary at all. The uranium never melted through the concrete pad that stood between it and the soil that would lead to the water.

“It’s just a chilling fact,” Mazin explained. “I would put myself in Legasav’s shoes there and you start to realize the cruelty of the situation. You have no choice. A 50/50 chance that you’re going to poison the Black Sea forever is not acceptable.”

Reportedly one out of four of Chernobyl’s miners later died of cancer and disease connected to radiation poisoning. Yet all of those brave men died to stop a threat that never actually manifested. Just when you thought Chernobyl the series was at its saddest, the real life story is there with a new punch to the gut.

:eek2::smh:

stixx passin thru

International
International Member
chernobyl-miners.jpg

Wow wow.....

stixx passin thru

International
International Member
Back then.. regular people didn’t really understand the impact... plus you have to remember The Russian government was trying to contain that shit.. Remember ol girl thought it was just burns from a fire.

i hear you..but the way the "burns" transformed him to something out of "the thing".... even basic knowledge knew that wasn't just "burns" ...she was a Firefighters wife (i'm guessing?) But its the tale of resigned terror...she knew her husband was in a bad state and would stop at nothing to be with him..

the ultimate "Fuck it"...

lengthy

Rising Star
OG Investor
I thought the firemans wife was clueless too until she lied about seeing the Moscow landmarks out the window. That told me that she just wanted to be there. She still had no clue how extreme shit really was, but I believe she would have done the same thing anyway. Exposing the baby tho :smh:

The thing is everybody from Pripryat (sp?) all dead anyway :dunno: since they were out in the radiation glow and ash watching the plant burn.

Mr. Lengthy

Darth Furious

Master
Platinum Member
I’ve been quiet but this will go down as one of the best mini-series that I’ve seen since The Pacific.

I’m so hooked on this shit.... An episode a week at a time isn’t enough.

This shit had me since day. I just turned it on flipping through the channels and the score caught my attention.

I gotta toss up in my head between Sharp Objects and this mini-series as the BEST work Ive seen in years.

oNE

PeerlessMack

Been here longer than you think!
Platinum Member
Bitch is outta pocket for that comment. :hmm::hmm::hmm:

I thought the firemans wife was clueless too until she lied about seeing the Moscow landmarks out the window. That told me that she just wanted to be there. She still had no clue how extreme shit really was, but I believe she would have done the same thing anyway. Exposing the baby tho :smh:

The thing is everybody from Pripryat (sp?) all dead anyway :dunno: since they were out in the radiation glow and ash watching the plant burn.

Mr. Lengthy

Great show. Wasn't expecting to be drawn into it like I am now. I'm on a 7 day trial with HBO just so I can see the last season of GOT and I saw the trailer for this. I'm more intrigued by this story that GOT.

Anyway, in response to what everybody is saying about the fireman's wife being stupid, I had the same feeling. But then I had to remind myself that this was the very first nuclear catastrophe. The average person did not know about radiation poisoning. Not to mention how much the government was keeping a lid on it.

What pissed me off even more was the fact that there were so many people in charge that didn't want to accept the fact that the core was blown. Motherfuckas was coming up to the control room with their skin falling off their faces trying to tell them that they saw the core had blown and the bosses were like, "Nah you are mistaken. You saw something else." WTF???