Jordan Peele new movie "Us" - updated with trailer (contains spoilers)

November 17

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
so upon a second viewing, there was some misinformation in here. There was never any mention of Jason setting the house on fire. Red says to Ade when she sends the boys off to play "don't set OUR house on fire". So the theory of jason being swapped based off that, is not possible. Second, Jason was not in the same room when Red was explaining the backstory to Ade. He was in a different room, not even close. The reason he looks at her like that at the end is not because he overheard, but because of what he saw. He saw Ade kill Red brutally and also display tethered tendencies (i.e. sounds). The movie is even better the second time around.

Tim Rock, I don't know if this has been asked, but how do you think the "tethered" were created?

November 17

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Could he EVER do the magic trick tho? He was just a nerd kid, and why would the real Jason fall for the trap? And how did he learn to talk so quickly? And why would he mimic the tethered Jason? The real Lupita didn't mimic the shadow Lupita...not how it works....she was underground but she had enough will power to start a rebellion because she was a REAL HUMAN.

I know this is a popular theory probably because Tariq mentioned it but when you think about it it makes zero sense....kid just be zoning out.

I agree with you about Jason, being the "Real" Jason, however, I think people forget the following:

Adelaide Wilson = tethered
Gabe Wilson = Human
Zora Wilson = Half Human/Half tethered
Jason Wilson = Half Human/Half tethered

Red = Human
Abraham = tethered
Umbrae = Half Human/Half tethered
Pluto = Half Human/Half tethered

rNubb

Rising Star
Registered
The movie is like an episode of the Twilight Zone. As an episode that's not one my favorite. I'll give it a 7 out of 10 for entertainment.

Peele hasn't given us enough info to answer all the questions because he has much more of the story to tell.

We have to wait for movie 3, 4, 5 and 6.

donwuan

The Legend
BGOL Investor
Right. This is why the movie wasn't done well.

We are making up the "rules" without any real rules being drawn out and explained to us.

Where did they get their clothes and gloves and scissors? Why scissors?
Why did Lupita tell her husband "You don't make the decisions anymore"?
Why was Winston Duke so weak in the movie?
What happened to Lupita's father? I thought that was going to go somewhere.
Why did real Lupita forget how to talk?
Why was her voice like that?

She got choke in the house of mirrors and it crushed her vocal chords.

phanatic

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
the last two can be said her windpipe was crushed and never fully recovered... I can give him an easy pass with that

the gloves they wore and scissors suppose to be a nod to nightmare on elm street... Also scissors are two blades connected... Connected like the human and tether

Since we are throwing theories out there. I would say the scissors are the thing that release us from our first tethering...child birth.

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Since we are throwing theories out there. I would say the scissors are the thing that release us from our first tethering...child birth.
I actually saw somewhere that he said the scissors were about connection and a special shout out to nightmare on elm street...it's why they had on one glove... I believe the kid name was Jason for obvious shout out to Friday the 13th plus Jason wore a mask... Also the whole carnival scene was shot at the same exact place where the movie lost boys carnival scene was shot at... It was quite a few nods in that film to other horror flicks.. The red jump suits were to something else I forget

TimRock

Don't let me be misunderstood
BGOL Investor
I actually saw somewhere that he said the scissors were about connection and a special shout out to nightmare on elm street...it's why they had on one glove... I believe the kid name was Jason for obvious shout out to Friday the 13th plus Jason wore a mask... Also the whole carnival scene was shot at the same exact place where the movie lost boys carnival scene was shot at... It was quite a few nods in that film to other horror flicks.. The red jump suits were to something else I forget
I thought the glove was in relation to MJ.

bigjayler

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

I think red jumpsuits were from Horace Pinker the Shocker could be wrong.

TimRock

BGOL Investor
Ima watch that again

I only heard her talking

And everytime duke tried to do something or ask for something she kept her kids close to her
yeah, cause she knew what it was. That's why when Gabe started talking and offering shit, she cut him off. And when she was telling him her story, she even says "it feels like they are getting closer". She knew what was going down that why she told him he wasn't making anymore decisions.

mexico

Rising Star
Registered
I think red jumpsuits were from Horace Pinker the Shocker could be wrong.

That jumpsuit was orange.

Wes-Cravens-Shocker.jpg

November 17

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Right. This is why the movie wasn't done well.

We are making up the "rules" without any real rules being drawn out and explained to us.

Where did they get their clothes and gloves and scissors? Why scissors?
Why did Lupita tell her husband "You don't make the decisions anymore"?
Why was Winston Duke so weak in the movie?
What happened to Lupita's father? I thought that was going to go somewhere.
Why did real Lupita forget how to talk?
Why was her voice like that?

Winston Duke is about 6'5, and looks like he could put the average man "through a wall" if he wanted to. If you direct him to "play" to his size, he is going to take over the movie, and you may forget that the protagonist of the movie is Lupita (Adelaine Wilson). Lupita's life is the focal point of the movie (Adelaine Wilson/Red).

yaBoi

X-pert Professional
Platinum Member
The movie is like an episode of the Twilight Zone. As an episode that's not one my favorite. I'll give it a 7 out of 10 for entertainment.

Peele hasn't given us enough info to answer all the questions because he has much more of the story to tell.

We have to wait for movie 3, 4, 5 and 6.
i was thinking this

somehow all this shit will be connected at some point

TENT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yeah but bullshit. Not talking isn't going to give you a raspy voice.
Also why wouldn't she not be talking for years?
Who does that?
Where in the movie does it even imply that.
This is why the movie SUCKS!!!
We sitting here writing the movie for Peele!!!

how are you going to tell me i don't know nothing about movies and then ask some of these questions?

who knows? same place they got chalk and desks from. scissors was a metaphor for separation.

because it was his decision to go out there when they first arrived.

because he was a square.

good question.

she didn't forget. She was choked and knocked unconscious.

see above, probably crushed her cords when she was choked. The tethered were pretty strong.
Right

Niggas talmbout she gat chocked

TENT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
So there needs to be another movie to explain the basics of the original movie?
Naw. Another movie should be to continue a story. Not to explain the basics.
There is a thin line I know but this wack movie crossed it.

yeah, i think there will be another movie that will explain most stuff, and especially how they got the scissors.

TimRock

BGOL Investor
Yeah but bullshit. Not talking isn't going to give you a raspy voice.
Also why wouldn't she not be talking for years?
Who does that?
Where in the movie does it even imply that.
This is why the movie SUCKS!!!
We sitting here writing the movie for Peele!!!
I never said not talking would give her a raspy voice. She was choked. Did you need a caption underneath saying "young Ade is being choked right now, her vocal cords are probably being crushed".

also, why wouldn't she be talking for years? who the hell is she gonna talk to that actually understands her? They had their own language.

D@mnphins

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I still have 5 pages in this thread but I don't think I saw it mentioned. Jason heard his mother grunting like the shadows when she killed the twin and the real Adelaide. When he is shaking in the locker and gives her that look at the end he understands that's not his real mom.

The father did show that they mimic them, when he slammed his head on the boat and the shadow did the same but slammed his head into the scissors.