Movie Discussion: CAPTAIN MARVEL (Spoilers) UPDATE: Sequel MARVELS has New Black female director!

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Captain Marvel Is Already Being 'Review Bombed' on Rotten Tomatoes

Brie Larson has been an active and vocal proponent for diversity in media, and it seems that because of this, the upcoming Captain Marvel has already started receiving negative feedback from users on the review aggregate Rotten Tomatoes.

A large number of the angry comments express disinterest in the film due to its leading actor and her beliefs, or the belief that the film is simply pushing an agenda -- not because of anything they've actually seen from Captain Marvelitself. The users posting these negative comments are predominately male and all seem to feel that they've been attacked by Larson's views. Though it isn't directly mentioned, the timing suggests that this is a reaction toward Larson's latest attempt at fighting for diversity in the press.

ADVERTISING
RELATED: Brie Larson Discusses Her Intense Captain Marvel Training

In an interview with Marie Claire, conducted by Keah Brown, the Captain Marvel star was asked why she had specifically requested her interviewer and stated, "about a year ago, I started paying attention to what my press days looked like and the critics reviewing movies, and noticed it appeared to be overwhelmingly white male [...] so, I spoke to Dr Stacy Smith at the USC Annenberg Inclusion Initiative, who put together a study to confirm that. Moving forward, I decided to make sure my press days were more inclusive."

It's worth pointing out that Larson never indicated she had any less respect for white, male journalists. Her statement simply expressed a desire to encourage people within the industry to ensure everyone had just as many opportunities to succeed. However, the point was clearly lost on some who felt that Larson was attacking white males. Whether the latest online reactions stem from active ignorance or general misunderstanding is unclear.

ADVERTISING
This reaction is not completely unlike some of the audience reviews surrounding Rian Johnson's Star Wars: The Last Jedi, many of which were more focused on what fans perceived to be attempts at pushing an agenda, rather than the actual film. However, those reviews all came out after the film was released.

RELATED: How Powerful Is Captain Marvel, Anyway?

These comments don't currently seem to be swaying confidence, though. Captain Marvel is estimated to earn at least $100 million domestically over its opening weekend.

Captain Marvel is directed by Anna Boden and Ryan Fleck and written by Liz Flahive, Carly Mensch, Meg LeFauve, Nicole Perlman and Geneva Robertson-Dworet. The film stars Brie Larson as Carol Danvers, Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury, Jude Law as Mar-Vell, Clark Gregg as Phil Coulson, Lee Pace as Ronan the Accuser, Djimon Hounsou as Korath the Pursuer, Gemma Chan as Minn-Erva, Ben Mendelsohn as Talos and Lashana Lynch as Maria Rambeau. The film soars into theaters March 8.

forcesteeler

Rising Star
Registered
Define flop...because the reported budget for Captain Marvel is 152mill; so I believe in Marvel and I havent seen a Marvel Studios movie "flop" yet; so define a flop...

The shit that Disney pulled with rotten tomatoes . I don’t see this movie doing more than $400 million. They need ($500 million to break) $152 million plus $100 million promotion plus studios only get 60% Cut from the box office

Yesterday I would have said captain marvel would do ant man and wasp numbers which is $620 million

Now we know rotten tomatoes is officially a shell media. Nobody will trust them anymore.

1 lesson is that you never remove user ratings it will just piss off the fans and it means you have something to hide.

Day_Carver

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The shit that Disney pulled with rotten tomatoes . I don’t see this movie doing more than $400 million. They need ($500 million to break) $152 million plus $100 million promotion plus studios only get 60% Cut from the box office

Yesterday I would have said captain marvel would do ant man and wasp numbers which is $620 million

Now we know rotten tomatoes is officially a shell media. Nobody will trust them anymore.

1 lesson is that you never remove user ratings it will just piss off the fans and it means you have something to hide.

Captain Marvel' Soaring Toward Possible $150 Million Domestic Opening

An army of easily-triggered fanboys who don't like girls in their clubhouse cannot stop the inevitable -- Marvel Studio's Captain Marvel is soaring toward a domestic opening weekend north of $100 million and possibly as high as $150 million, as positive buzz about the film continues to grow.

Advance ticket sales, while not always a clear barometer of eventual performance, are a useful indicator when viewed in the larger context of marketing impact, online buzz, and comparisons to similar films and release windows. In these regards, all signs point to another big win for Marvel when Captain Marvel storms multiplexes on March 8th in just over a week.

Captain Marvel has passed all other MCU films in advance ticket sales except Avengers: Infinity War and Black Panther, as well as passing recent DCEU blockbusters Wonder Woman and Aquaman, according to Fandango and Atom Tickets. Meanwhile, audience awareness -- especially unaided awareness -- is massive, while the trailers and ads are racking up views and positive reactions online.

A silly effort by angry fanboys to drive down the film's Rotten Tomatoes user ratings (some motivated by sexist rage at Brie Larson's comments supporting diversity, some in the grips of myopic Marvel-vs-DC infighting, and some driven by an obsessive combination of the two) has not dissuade other fans and the larger mainstream public from enthusiastic anticipation of Marvel's first-ever female-led superhero solo movie.

Fans typically resent comparisons between the films of one studio and the other, since fierce loyalty to transnational conglomerates is apparently so important to enjoyment of fictional stories told by mostly the same writers and artists who move back and forth between publishing companies. However, the reality is that cinema is a business and rational comparisons between similar projects is a helpful way to gauge interest and make more informed predictions about possible box office outcomes.

So it is that we can look at director Patty Jenkins' Wonder Woman'sspectacular theatrical run -- amassing $821.8 million worldwide, including a $412.5 million domestic cume that ranks as the biggest for a superhero origin story in cinema history (Black Panther's solo movie is the single biggest gross for any superhero movie at the domestic box office, but it wasn't an original tale) -- and consider what it might tell us about Captain Marvel's potential.

Wonder Woman released during a period of mixed audience and critical reactions to the DCEU at the time, after the previous year's Batman v Superman underperformed amid negative reviews & low audience scores, and Suicide Squad overperformed a bit despite bad critical reviews and so-so audience grades. But that baggage didn't hold Wonder Woman back, obviously, as the film set records while enjoying rave reviews and high audience scores. If the previous DCEU movies had gotten good reviews and A-range grades from viewers, it's possible Wonder Woman might've grossed even higher -- even a simple 10% boost would translate into an extra $82 million, pushing it beyond $900+ million.

https%3A%2F%2Fblogs-images.forbes.com%2Fmarkhughes%2Ffiles%2F2018%2F12%2FCAPTAIN-MARVEL-image-8-300x200.jpg

The Skrull attack in Marvel's "Captain Marvel"SOURCE: MARVEL STUDIOS

Likewise, had the earlier DC releases benefitted from more positive reactions akin to the sort Marvel movies tend to receive, the DC branding would have surely translated into some additional overall box office increases for Wonder Woman as well. Imagine if Wonder Woman had come after not just four years with three prior DCEU pictures, but instead a decade of a bunch of additional movies that steadily grew more popular and received higher and higher grosses.

For example, what if Batman Begins had kicked off a larger shared universe of DC cinematic films, with Man of Steel releasing a few years sooner than it really did and existing within the Dark Knight Trilogy's world? What if we'd also gotten a Flash movie equivalent to a big-budget version of the TV show perhaps? What if next came some version of Batman v Superman that pitted Christian Bale's Batman against Superman before they set aside their differences and teamed up to defeat Lex Luthor and (just purely as a hypothetical alternative example) Metallo? What if we'd also gotten another solo Superman movie featuring Brainiac or some other villain capable of delivering some wham-bang action-packed superhero spectacle? Toss in the recent Aquaman movie, released a few years earlier too, and a cool sci-fi Cyborg film as well. What if all of these films had been great and critically acclaimed, and if audiences loved them and rewarded them with mostly A-level scores?

Imagine Wonder Woman releasing in that environment for the DCEU. Would it have only earned an additional 10%, climbing a few million bucks past the $900 million mark? Or might it have had a shot at a 21% increase and $1 billion in box office results? I think there's a pretty good argument Jenkins' film would've performed close to $1 billion in this hypothetical scenario.

https%3A%2F%2Fblogs-images.forbes.com%2Fmarkhughes%2Ffiles%2F2018%2F12%2FCAPTAIN-MARVEL-image-4-300x157.jpg

Samuel L. Jackson as a younger Nick Fury in Marvel's "Captain Marvel"SOURCE: MARVEL STUDIOS

Now, before any fanboys flip their wigs in rage at my imaginary scenario here, remember I happen to be one of the few reviewers who loved Batman v Superman, who championed handing Zack Snyder control of the DCEU before anybody else was banging that particular drum, who called Watchmen a masterpiece of the comic book genre before it became popular among fandom to retroactively claim they'd all been fans of the film all along, and who has defended the DCEU all along. I can love what we got while also letting my mind theorize about alternative versions of DC cinematic history to make a larger point about something else, is what I'm saying.

Which all leads us back around to Captain Marvel. It has precisely the sort of decade-long foundation of expanding cinematic superhero movies, good reviews, and worldwide audience love I'm talking about. The Marvel brand is instantly recognized by the mainstream public as synonymous with films people enjoy and must-see event status. So at the very least, I think it's fair to say Captain Marvel can be expected to receive the usual MCU brand boost, and as the first female-led Marvel movie it could be expected to play at least similar to how Wonder Woman played for the DC cinematic world.

But notice, Captain Marvel has a few obvious difference from Wonder Woman, too. First and most obvious, Captain Marvel is releasing in the spring instead of the summer.

Wonder Woman opened against the animated family flick Captain Underpants, as well as the second weekend of Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales. Then, the Amazon Princess fought off a challenge from The Mummy on her second weekend, and faced a third weekend challenge from Cars 3 and All Eyez On Me. Weekend #4 brought Transformers: The Last Knight, and the fifth weekend saw a one-two punch from Despicable Me 3 and Baby Driver. Subsequent weekends brought Spider-Man: Homecoming, War for the Planet of the Apes, Dunkirk, and Girls Trip to round out Wonder Woman's first eight weekends in release. In other words, she never had a lot of time on the field by herself, which is of course inevitable with a June release date.

https%3A%2F%2Fblogs-images.forbes.com%2Fmarkhughes%2Ffiles%2F2018%2F12%2FCAPTAIN-MARVEL-image-2-300x200.jpg

Uneasy alliances in Marvel's "Captain Marvel" starring Brie LarsonSOURCE: MARVEL STUDIOS

In contrast, Captain Marvel opens during a quiet period at the box office and several soft performers. The Marvel superhero opens against no other major releases, and has smooth sailing for a couple of weeks before writer-director Jordan Peele's horror film Us hits theaters. Peele's film is sure to eat into the adult audience, but Captain Marvel will still have the younger filmgoers and family audience mostly to itself. After that, it's another week til Dumbo shows up to finally offer any serious competition for Marvel's main target demographics, meaning Captain Marvel gets three weeks' worth of room with only Us as notable competition. Shazam! will hit theaters April 5th, finally offering some superhero challenge to the mix after almost a month of Captain Marvel running the tables on the family and young genre fan demographics as well as what is sure to be a massive turnout by women and girls.

Captain Marvel also rides a steady wave of anticipation in the aftermath of Avengers: Infinity War (which teased Brie Larson's arrival in the MCU) and the lead-up to Avengers: Endgame (which will include Brie Larson's cosmic superhero). There will be connections between Captain Marvel and previous MCU films, including Guardians of the Galaxy and Infinity War, which adds additional must-see status.

For calendar comps, Batman v Superman opened domestically to $166 million in March three years ago and finished with an enormous $873.6 million worldwide, despite extremely negative reviews and a B grade from audiences via Cinemascore. Likewise, Marvel's own Black Panther bowed to a stellar $202 million on its way to a record-shattering $1.3+ billion after its mid-February opening. Other big March performers in North America include Beauty and the Beast's $174.7 million opening (the all-time highest stateside gross for the month of March) ahead of a $1.26 billion final tally; The Hunger Games with a $152.5 million opening and $694 million worldwide cume; and Alice in Wonderland with a $116 million freshman frame on its way to $1+ billlion in global receipts.

Even the lowest final grosser among those comps -- The Hunger Games -- would translate to $761+ million worldwide when adjusted for inflation. Add in the Marvel branding for international popularity, and we'd be talking about something north of $800 million at the very least. The other examples presumably need no explanation to clarify how they suggest Captain Marvel is in good company when it comes to box office potential in this frame. In terms of similar examples of the open field in theaters, Batman v Superman is a fair comparison.

And again, in case it's not perfectly clear, any of these comparisons need to take into account the power of Marvel's brand, plus the coattail effect of tie-ins with previous and upcoming Avengers releases.

When we look at Marvel Studios final multipliers (i.e. the opening weekend box office compared to the final box office totals), the past five MCU releases all had multipliers in excess of 2.5x, meaning for example that a $100 million opening would result in $250+ million by the end of a film's run. Most of the recent MCU pictures actually had multipliers north of 2.6x, even approaching or exceeding 2.8-3x multipliers. The more runway a film has when it opens and the less challengers, the better its legs and the higher its multiplier.

In this case, then, a modest estimate of $110 million for the North American opening weekend and a 2.65x final multiplier would translate into a final domestic cume of about $291+ million. With domestic box office usually representing 60-65% of an MCU movie's global receipts for the past five releases, this would mean a $291+ million stateside gross and at least $437+ million internationally, for a grand total of maybe $729 million. Notice, this is on the modest side of estimates, so a slightly higher number closer to the top end of current tracking (which is still lower than my own expectations) and multipliers would see a $120 million bow, a 2.7x multiplier, a $324 million domestic cume, a 35%/65% split between domestic/foreign receipts, and a final worldwide box office of roughly $925 million.

https%3A%2F%2Fblogs-images.forbes.com%2Fmarkhughes%2Ffiles%2F2018%2F12%2FCAPTAIN-MARVEL-poster-2-203x300.jpg

Official poster for Marvel's "Captain Marvel"SOURCE: MARVEL STUDIOS

This is all still speculation, of course, and we'll have better numbers in the days ahead as we enter the final marketing blitz and start getting updated data with which to make some final serious predictions.

I'll be offering my final box office predictions when my full review of Captain Marvel runs next week, plus I'll be tweeting from the premiere in Los Angeles, so be sure to check back here and follow my social media to keep up with all of my coverage about how much higher, farther, and faster Captain Marvel will fly.

Box office figures and tallies based on data via Box Office Mojo , Rentrak, and TheNumbers.

Day_Carver

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
‘Captain Marvel’ Now Tracking Possible $150 Million Domestic Opening

Nick Poulimenakos on February 26, 2019

captain-marvel-character-poster-brie-larson-header-1154082-1280x0.jpeg

The domestic box office is about to go higher, further, and faster.

Marvel Studio’s Captain Marvel is heading toward a domestic opening weekend north of $100 million and possibly as high as $150 million, as positive buzz about the film continues to grow.

The news, which was first reported by Forbes, states that the film has passed all other MCU films in advance ticket sales except Avengers: Infinity War and Black Panther. It has also passed recent DCEU blockbusters Wonder Woman and Aquaman, according to Fandango and Atom Tickets. Meanwhile, audience awareness remains massive, while the trailers continue to rack up huge views online.

In light of the recent controversy surrounding trolls driving down Captain Marvel’s interest rating, it is clear that fans will not be deterred. The feature will be the first MCU film led by a female superhero and anticipation is at an all time high.

Early total tracking by insiders places Captain Marvel within the $700-$800 million box office haul but many believe that, if the film maintains a tight grip on the market, it could go as high as $900 million. This comes after Wonder Woman exceeded expectations, raking in $412 million domestically and ending with a total box office run of $821 million.

Captain Marvel hits theatres on March 8, 2019.

forcesteeler

Rising Star
Registered
Again this movie won’t pass $75 million dollars opening. I will not believe the shell media on $150 million opening. They already played there hand by getting rid of the “want to see” on rotten tomatoes. Which means Disney is in a panic.

Captain marvel has virtually no hype and she has pissed of the marvel fandom. I don’t know where they are getting there $150 million dollar figure.

This movie comes out next week please save this and if the movie does under $100 million dollars. You will truly understand why trump won.

As a Liberal shit I can’t even trust what the media says anymore. It’s ridiculous. But please come back to this message next week.

Disney thinks we are stupid. $150 million my ass

Last edited:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Again this movie won’t pass $75 million dollars opening. I will not believe the shell media on $150 million opening. They already played there hand by getting rid of the “want to see” on rotten tomatoes. Which means Disney is in a panic.

Captain marvel has virtually no hype and she has pissed of the marvel fandom. I don’t know where they are getting there $150 million dollar figure.

This movie comes out next week please save this and if the movie does under $100 million dollars. You will truly understand why trump won.

As a Liberal shit I can’t even trust what the media says anymore. It’s ridiculous. But please come back to this message next week.

Ok bet

But what if it DOES the 150...

What you gonna say it means?

forcesteeler

Rising Star
Registered
Ok bet

But what if it DOES the 150...

What you gonna say it means?

No way captain marvel does $150 million opening. Shit the last Spider-Man movie did $113 million max and Spider-Man is very popular marvel character.

Captain marvel is a nobody and nobody asked for this movie

Also they need to stop comparing this to black panther. Black panther was in civil war and he was the fan favorite and plus he was in the infinity war trailer. So you add the black audience and that’s how he did the $200 million opening.

Captain marvel has no real fans. Her comic was canceled 5 times.

You add the fact that the lead actress was walking shit about white males (which makes up 70% marvel audience) and there is a massive boycott. I can tell you this I deal with white nerd Fanboys all the time. They are very spiteful

Where is she getting the $150 million from again?

Venom is also a popular character and he barely made $80 million so how is captain marvel making double that ?

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
I understand what youre sayin, but there wasn't this much outrage from that community when Avatar was completely whitewashed in the theaters..Captain Marvel is a woman in the comics and and she's a woman here...Aang was asian and they made him a white boy in the live action movie...
respectfully - this is a really dumb an uninformed comparison

1. Avatar is relatively a brand new myth with a comparatively very tiny confined fan base if compared to many of the characters / stories in DC or Marvel - both have deep fan bases going back to WW2!

2. The Avatar fan base was outraged by the Shamalan movie - they protested and boycotted - the shit show flopped

No way captain marvel does $150 million opening. Shit the last Spider-Man movie did $113 million max and Spider-Man is very popular marvel character.

Also they need to stop comparing this to black panther. Black panther was in civil war and he was the fan favorite and plus he was in the infinity war trailer. So you add the black audience and that’s how he did the $200 million opening.

You add the fact that the lead actress was walking shit about white males (which makes up 70% marvel audience) and there is a massive boycott. I can tell you this I deal with white nerd Fanboys all the time. They are very spiteful

Venom is also a popular character and he barely made $80 million so how is captain marvel making double that ?
:lol:

those white boys promised a boycott since James Gunn was fired

The only thing that worries me is -none of the trailers look good....

forcesteeler

Rising Star
Registered
:lol:

those white boys promised a boycott since James Gunn was fired

The only thing that worries me is -none of the trailers look good....

Trust me never piss a angry white person CACs especially a male. They are evil and will do spiteful shit to fuck you over especially when it’s coming from a upitty white liberal like Bre Larson (Captain Marvel) that is taking shit and looking down on them

. Just ask Hilary Clinton :)

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member
Captain marvel is going to flop. How do I know it’s going to flop? Rotten tomatoes just change there rating system where you can no longer vote on “want to see this movie” They just change there whole system that has been around for almost a decade because captain marvel was getting such low ratings.

I use to work for corporate and Disney flex there muscles and know you can’t trust rotten tomatoes, if Disney know they had a blockbuster they would not pull this desperate attempt to hide ratings.

While,I agree with you about the rotten tomatoes situation. White men do complain alot especially, if a woman is the lead.

With,that said I dont understand, why folks cant call a movie that's predominantly with a women bad. There been countless movies with predominantly men that movie reviewers said was bad but when it's done with a woman, folks are called misogyny and etc. Don't get me wrong you do have men that won't watch a movie,if there's a woman lead but that's only a small percentage.

All this doing make folks,who believe Disney is hiring folks to give DC movies bad reviews look smart....All Disney doing is making the situation worse.

forcesteeler

Rising Star
Registered
With,that said I dont understand, why folks cant call a movie that's predominantly with a women bad. There been countless movies with predominantly men that movie reviewers said was bad but when it's done with a woman, folks are called misogyny and etc. Don't get me wrong you do have men that won't watch a movie,if there's a woman lead but that's only a small percentage.

All this doing make folks,who believe Disney is hiring folks to give DC movies bad reviews look smart....All Disney doing is making the situation worse.

Well at first i use to think these white nerds were mad at women because they did not get pussy. But as i started to do research. I started to understand there is a hidden agenda. We call them SJWs or 3 and 4 wave feminism.

There is a agenda ran by hollywood and feminist too try emasculate men. To make a long story short, If you watch TV and most movies now. You don't find too many strong masculine men anymore. Men are now seem as bumbling idiots while women are treated like strong and smart and don't make mistakes. The Industry calls it "Mary Sue".

So to make it short, These White Nerds are not really mad about Women Leading. They just don't like feminism and or Left Wing Politics in there movies. Alot of feminist women characters are written as strong and perfect and don't make mistakes. But what happens is that it make the charactors boring and uninteresting. Or what we call Mary Sue Which is the reason these Nerds hate the last Star Wars Movie (The Last Jedi).

There main argument is that they want good story telling. They do not want feminism and progessive left wing politics in there movies unless it has to do with the plot or story.

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
Well at first i use to think these white nerds were mad at women because they did not get pussy. But as i started to do research. I started to understand there is a hidden agenda. We call them SJWs or 3 and 4 wave feminism.

There is a agenda ran by hollywood and feminist too try emasculate men. To make a long story short, If you watch TV and most movies now. You don't find too many strong masculine men anymore. Men are now seem as bumbling idiots while women are treated like strong and smart and don't make mistakes. The Industry calls it "Mary Sue".

So to make it short, These White Nerds are not really mad about Women Leading. They just don't like feminism and or Left Wing Politics in there movies. Alot of feminist women characters are written as strong and perfect and don't make mistakes. But what happens is that it make the charactors boring and uninteresting. Or what we call Mary Sue Which is the reason these Nerds hate the last Star Wars Movie (The Last Jedi).

There main argument is that they want good story telling. They do not want feminism and progessive left wing politics in there movies unless it has to do with the plot or story.

So It’s hard to know if Cap Marvel will be great or not

forcesteeler

Rising Star
Registered
So It’s hard to know if Cap Marvel will be great or not

Trust me these white nerds are not so crazy when I started doing my research and I started to know what hollywood is planning and there agenda.

Don’t worry Captain Marvel is getting a 95% Rotten Tomatoes Score I can bet my pension on it. The power that he need this movie to succeed.

meilmarc

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I hope the movie is good.

But i really hope that she dont get all the glory in Endgame due to Feige saying she is the most powerful hero in the MCU

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
I hope the movie is good.

But i really hope that she dont get all the glory in Endgame due to Feige saying she is the most powerful hero in the MCU

Yea me too, I think it’s gonna be able team work

U know it’s all about the avengers, they split or at odds abs it’s the reason the didn’t defeat him. The original crew didn’t disappear so it’s possible they hug and kiss and get working.
Mainly Iron Man and Cap American, having a smarty pants hulk should help.

Who know maybe Thanos doesn’t want to fight again, he see no reason for it. Think about it, hes upset because titan turned into a mess from being overpopulated, now he snapped his fingers and the world is a mess. Later realized this wasn’t something he wanted, just wanted to remove bodies.
This comes to life once he have a conversation with Starks, since this the only one he knows by name.

Day_Carver

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Trust me never piss a angry white person CACs especially a male. They are evil and will do spiteful shit to fuck you over especially when it’s coming from a upitty white liberal like Bre Larson (Captain Marvel) that is taking shit and looking down on them

. Just ask Hilary Clinton :)
You're not making any sense. The same crowd u talking about were pissed about panther. How did that pan out:dunno:the movie will do over a 100 plus million easily and you gonna be inn here back tracking :hmm:

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
You're not making any sense. The same crowd u talking about were pissed about panther. How did that pan out:dunno:the movie will do over a 100 plus million easily and you gonna be inn here back tracking :hmm:

What was the beforehand problem with Panther?

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
uh - I don't know of any church groups or boys n girls clubs organizing to see to Capt Marvel

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
I agree about that. Panther did 200 plus though. Captain will do over 100 easily i think. Marvel has a brand for a reason.....

Man I hope they defeat thanos but he lives only to be a problem in the future....

This way we could have his own flick

CptMARVEL

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Be careful, bro.
I made these very same points in a thread about Star Trek: Discovery and dudes got all up in their feelings about me addressing the SJW agenda in Hollywood/Disney/Paramount.
I tried to tell them that it's NOT about fans having a problem with diversity or feminism per say, as opposed to having these things forced in their faces and down their throats by these studios in such an obnoxious fashion.
This is why the last 2 Star Wars films were not well received by the fans and why the success of Episode IX is now in question. The fans are pissed and they're boycotting Disney for pushing their continued (leftist) political messaging.
It now looks like this boycott may start flowing over to the MCU films starting with Captain Marvel as a result of the way it's being marketed and with the statements of Brie Larson... :dunno:

forcesteeler

Rising Star
Registered
Be careful, bro.
I made these very same points in a thread about Star Trek: Discovery and dudes got all up in their feelings about me addressing the SJW agenda in Hollywood/Disney/Paramount.
I tried to tell them that it's NOT about fans having a problem with diversity or feminism per say, as opposed to having these things forced in their faces and down their throats by these studios in such an obnoxious fashion.
This is why the last 2 Star Wars films were not well received by the fans and why the success of Episode IX is now in question. The fans are pissed and they're boycotting Disney for pushing their continued (leftist) political messaging.
It now looks like this boycott may start flowing over to the MCU films starting with Captain Marvel as a result of the way it's being marketed and with the statements of Brie Larson... :dunno:

Exactly just go on YouTube or just read the comments on the official marvel page and you will see there is a huge backlash. A lot people are boycotting this movie. Now will this movie be a success? Yes. But I think it will be there lowest earning marvel movie.

Also think the shut down of rotten tomatoes made things worst. Because now people think rotten tomatoes is in the pockets of Disney. They change there whole website for 1 movie. Even if captain marvel gets a 99 percent rotten tomatoes. Nobody is going to trust it.

There is no way captain marvel is opening up to $150 million. Or even $100 Million. People are very aware of SJW politics.

Also went onto the Chinese marvel page. Captain marvel has barely no views. So there is no way it will break out in China. Plus they also don’t play SJW politics

ThaBurgerPimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
For example, what if Batman Begins had kicked off a larger shared universe of DC cinematic films, with Man of Steel releasing a few years sooner than it really did and existing within the Dark Knight Trilogy's world? What if we'd also gotten a Flash movie equivalent to a big-budget version of the TV show perhaps? What if next came some version of Batman v Superman that pitted Christian Bale's Batman against Superman before they set aside their differences and teamed up to defeat Lex Luthor and (just purely as a hypothetical alternative example) Metallo? What if we'd also gotten another solo Superman movie featuring Brainiac or some other villain capable of delivering some wham-bang action-packed superhero spectacle? Toss in the recent Aquaman movie, released a few years earlier too, and a cool sci-fi Cyborg film as well. What if all of these films had been great and critically acclaimed, and if audiences loved them and rewarded them with mostly A-level scores?

Wouldve been 1000x better than what we ended up with

Day_Carver

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Exactly just go on YouTube or just read the comments on the official marvel page and you will see there is a huge backlash. A lot people are boycotting this movie. Now will this movie be a success? Yes. But I think it will be there lowest earning marvel movie.

Also think the shut down of rotten tomatoes made things worst. Because now people think rotten tomatoes is in the pockets of Disney. They change there whole website for 1 movie. Even if captain marvel gets a 99 percent rotten tomatoes. Nobody is going to trust it.

There is no way captain marvel is opening up to $150 million. Or even $100 Million. People are very aware of SJW politics.

Also went onto the Chinese marvel page. Captain marvel has barely no views. So there is no way it will break out in China. Plus they also don’t play SJW politics

I guess that "chinese marvel page" you went on is right though and the tracking info is wrong:hmm::dunno:

'Captain Marvel' Tracking for Strong Box Office Opening in China

By JK SCHMIDT - February 28, 2019

• Marvel Studios' next adventure premiering, with Captain Marvel set to soar in theaters.

Tracking for the new film is reaching a new high thanks to the Chinese box office numbers, which are currently coming in at an opening that could be on pace with Captain America: Civil War.

Early pre-sale suggest Captain Marvel is going to make $75-85M on 3-day opening in China. It’s actually as strong as Civil War, which debuted with $96.7M in 2016, in advance ticket sale at the same point. So we definitely can expect higher for Carol. #CaptainMarvel pic.twitter.com/WKBkoB2DqF

— Gavin Feng (@gavinfeng97) February 28, 2019

Excitement for the newest entry in the Marvel Cinematic Universe continues to mount, while certain circles continue to be cranky on the Internet. When the first trailer and images first hit the public, some criticized actress Brie Larson for not smiling enough which is a ridiculous complaint in and of itself.

Larson herself addressed the criticism during an interview with Yahoo!, explaining that she was not phased by the supposed "backlash."

"That's just a depiction of the female experience. That's just what it's like. It didn't bother me that much when I saw that that was the reaction [on social media], it's just how it goes," Larson explained.

Captain Marvel co-director Anna Boden chimed in as well, saying that it was a deliberate choice for the film.

"It was always in the script and it's not an uncommon thing for women to hear. I think you'll ask any woman in this room and [she's heard comments like,] 'Oh, don't be so sad.' It's a very common thing to hear as a woman so it doesn't surprise me at all that it was in social media. I think a lot of women can relate to that moment."

Captain Marvel has been at the center of a few different outrage controversies, as some users have also flooded Rotten Tomatoes' audience anticipation rankings to vote that they don't want to see the film. Keep in mind that Captain Marvel had a bigger user base participate in those votes compared to other films, so there is definitely a campaign of people voting in hopes of punishing a film they haven't seen, for whatever that's worth.

Either way, Captain Marvel is going to premiere in theaters next week on March 8th. And if current tracking holds up, it won't really matter how many people are Mad Online™.

-----

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor

Come on man this movie will break records, people said the same thing about Aquaman.