Kyler Murray Declares For Draft

doggish_098

Rising Star
Registered
Fuck baseball, nobody wants to play that boring ass sport.

Boomer Sooner
I love football but if given the choice between it and baseball I would choose baseball. 1 in baseball you can fail 70% of the time and you’re an mvp plus the injuries are less and you will be virtually pain free when you’re old and grey

mchammertoeeesss

Rising Star
Registered
Both?
Does he have the skill?
0bbbba5881215b05d618f25f925ccc5b_crop_exact.jpg

Mello Mello

Ballz of Adamantium
BGOL Investor
Kyler is a quarterback....not some RB or DB it's not gonna work that way.

And that Quarterback money can get long quicker than baseball.

Yeah it can but it isn't guaranteed and the risk of injury is higher and then he risk losing millions.

Then say he didn’t perform up to expectations in NFL they ain't gonna give him any significant money.

NFL money will come quicker but it still won't be as long as that baseball money.

He'll have the instant fame which is what I feel he is chasing but unless he turns that into some big endorsement money that'll take care of him later like Derrick Rose then he should stick with baseball imo.

Longer career and better prospects to make more money over the long run. Play for the A's get franchised then make big money.

man-machine

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Fuck baseball, nobody wants to play that boring ass sport.

Boomer Sooner
That is a matter of opinion of course but Baseball Money is real money and you usually don't leave the sport with Brain Damage. If I had athletically gifted kids I'd steer them towards Baseball. If you can hit a MLB breaking pitch and a fastball 28% -30% you're getting paid. You can yawn all the way to the bank. I love to watch football but when you compare the two sports from an earnings perspective football pales in comparison.

thismybgolname

Rising Star
OG Investor
Nobody wants to suffer from depression, migraines and memory loss, either
Baseball was the safer route
More money and less risk

More money, less risk and a less enjoyable life.

There is a reason why football is king in America, it's the best sport to play and watch.

That is a matter of opinion of course but Baseball Money is real money and you usually don't leave the sport with Brain Damage. If I had athletically gifted kids I'd steer them towards Baseball. If you can hit a MLB breaking pitch and a fastball 28% -30% you're getting paid. You can yawn all the way to the bank. I love to watch football but when you compare the two sports from an earnings perspective football pales in comparison.

What is your childs heart was in football, would you still steer them in that direction?

BGLR1212000

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Baseball season is 162 games, thats a hell of a damn grind. Double headers and shit.

Last edited:

cold-n-cocky

BGOL vet down since the “56k stay out!” days
BGOL Gold Member
Not that there is a comparison size-wise but Tebow of Nazareth went to the NFL; was ass (still threw the GW TD in a playoff game though; credit where due); got a minor league deal and might make a big league roster this spring. So if this doesn’t work out for Murray, and he can make as much or more on his first NFL contract, he could probably at least get another MLB shot unless he’s blacklisted because of spurning Oakland.

c_commander

Up and Coming Asshole
BGOL Investor
Like Postalone said doing this just kept all his options open. He's trying to get the A's to commit to a Major league contract where he'd be getting a lot more than just the 4.7 million dollar signing bonus. Personally I'd rather see him play baseball from a health/future money perspective.

YoungSinister

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
None of those dudes are ballers or Heisman winners like Kyler...if there was ever a time for the NFL to accept a short QB....the time is now
Every dude I named was a 5 star QB....
People were saying Joe Mauer would have eventually been the #1 pick in the NFL draft
You saw how much money he made in baseball....

More money doesn't always equate to happiness though.
Nigga don’t quote me saying some dumb shit like that

RAY V.

AP 2nd Team All-American
BGOL Investor
:dance:

Get em Kyler Murray... fuck baseball do your thang in the nfl lil bruh

thismybgolname

Rising Star
OG Investor
People were saying Joe Mauer would have eventually been the #1 pick in the NFL draft
You saw how much money he made in baseball....

Nigga don’t quote me saying some dumb shit like that

It don't.

A starting qb in the NFL is getting paid, don't matter if it isn't as much as the MLB if you're heart isn't in it.

Tha Great Muta

Rising Star
Platinum Member
You saw how much money he made in.....

But Kyler actually got that feeling when he actually played at a high level and won the Heisman...did Joe Mauer even take any snaps for a power 5 school? I think A-Rod was a Miami (Fla.) Qb back in the day.

The A's should have said you can't play QB because kid was ballin.

doggish_098

Rising Star
Registered
Not that there is a comparison size-wise but Tebow of Nazareth went to the NFL; was ass (still threw the GW TD in a playoff game though; credit where due); got a minor league deal and might make a big league roster this spring. So if this doesn’t work out for Murray, and he can make as much or more on his first NFL contract, he could probably at least get another MLB shot unless he’s blacklisted because of spurning Oakland.
Was he drafted as a baseball player though? Or did he just try out for baseball because he was his dream? I can’t remember