Kyler Murray Declares For Draft

doggish_098

Rising Star
Registered
But Kyler actually got that feeling when he actually played at a high level and won the Heisman...did Joe Mauer even take any snaps for a power 5 school? I think A-Rod was a Miami (Fla.) Qb back in the day.

The A's should have said you can't play QB because kid was ballin.
Meh the heisman is basically who has the best highlight reel over a season. You saw what happened to him when he faced bama and all their nfl talent on defense

unknownsoldier

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
He got at least 6 years before reaching arbitration & getting a nice pay day in baseball. Other than that, it's this same $5M until then...then he has to either get to or stay at the show. It's not a given he's on the big league roster. If he goes first round, that's more money guaranteed over that same time period. So, it's worth the attempt. He's got options either way. When folks talk about big contracts in baseball, not many dudes his size cashing those checks. Cespedes got a top 10 deal & Altuve got a nice one, but its not a given he's getting that kinda bread.

doggish_098

Rising Star
Registered
He got at least 6 years before reaching arbitration & getting a nice pay day in baseball. Other than that, it's this same $5M until then...then he has to either get to or stay at the show. It's not a given he's on the big league roster. If he goes first round, that's more money guaranteed over that same time period. So, it's worth the attempt. He's got options either way. When folks talk about big contracts in baseball, not many dudes his size cashing those checks. Cespedes got a top 10 deal & Altuve got a nice one, but its not a given he's getting that kinda bread.
15 million signing bonus they offered him. Depending on where he is slotted he won’t make that in the nfl. Lamar jackson was the final pick in the nfl I think he gets around 8 million fully guaranteed

YoungSinister

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
But Kyler actually got that feeling when he actually played at a high level and won the Heisman...did Joe Mauer even take any snaps for a power 5 school? I think A-Rod was a Miami (Fla.) Qb back in the day.

The A's should have said you can't play QB because kid was ballin.

It don't.

A starting qb in the NFL is getting paid, don't matter if it isn't as much as the MLB if you're heart isn't in it.
You niggas be posting just to be posting

a1rimrocka

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
15 million signing bonus they offered him. Depending on where he is slotted he won’t make that in the nfl. Lamar jackson was the final pick in the nfl I think he gets around 8 million fully guaranteed

No, the A's offered him a $4.6m bonus (the team can only spend a certain amount for an entire draft class). Kyler said if you can't do $15m, I'm declaring for the NFL

Tha Great Muta

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Meh the heisman is basically who has the best highlight reel over a season. You saw what happened to him when he faced bama and all their nfl talent on defense

Yea...300 passing and 100 rushing with 3 total TDs against NFL talent :lol:

You saying that like he was trash against Bama stop it. He's better than Baker Mayfield that cac that everybody love but he's just short

Tha Great Muta

Rising Star
Platinum Member
You niggas be posting just to be posting

There has never been a athlete in position to be drafted in the first round of the NFL and MLB draft....and this dude plays QUARTERBACK and did it at a very high level........it's really the A's fault they let him play football and he played better than the No.1 overall pick in the past draft....not saying he's gonna be the no.1 overall pick but he played better than Mayfield

moblack

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Baker Mayfield Short ass being drafted last year and having a rookie year has really helped him out.

thismybgolname

Rising Star
OG Investor
You saw what happened to him when he faced bama and all their nfl talent on defense

Bama didn't face a QB that did what Kyler did against them.

300 yards passing, 100 yards rushing.

not saying he's gonna be the no.1 overall pick but he played better than Mayfield

Crazy thing is he is better than Baker, much better in my opinion.

YoungSinister

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
There has never been a athlete in position to be drafted in the first round of the NFL and MLB draft....and this dude plays QUARTERBACK and did it at a very high level........it's really the A's fault they let him play football and he played better than the No.1 overall pick in the past draft....not saying he's gonna be the no.1 overall pick but he played better than Mayfield
You’re posting just to post

Mello Mello

Ballz of Adamantium
BGOL Investor
My boy Matt Antonelli, former MLB 1st round draft pick, breaking down Kyler Murray's decision.

I can get with this. It will be a while before he makes the majors and gets franchised to make bigger money. If he goes football first he can still come out and play baseball if it doesn’t workout. He can get instant bigger money now in NFL or bigger money later in MLB. So maybe he should go NFL first.

I just hate the NFL now their politics with players etc don’t want to see them destroy new young talent anymore.

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
I can get with this. It will be a while before he makes the majors and gets franchised to make bigger money. If he goes football first he can still come out and play baseball if it doesn’t workout. He can get instant bigger money now in NFL or bigger money later in MLB. So maybe he should go NFL first.

I just hate the NFL now their politics with players etc don’t want to see them destroy new young talent anymore.

Yup this the same thing I was thinking nfl first over minor league deal, then go to baseball after if possible

unknownsoldier

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

He already signed for $5, Boras made an offer to the As that if they raised it to $15M he wouldn't declare for the NFL draft.

https://www.mlb.com/news/as-kyler-murray-agree-to-5-million-bonus/c-280111876

Mike Leslie of Dallas’s WFAA reported Sunday that Murray is seeking $15 million, but the San Francisco Chronicle cited sources with knowledge of the situation who claimed that figure was inaccurate, with reporter Susan Slusser tweeting that a source said Murray has not made any monetary demands of the A’s. Still, the sources said that the sides are working on “something creative,” possibly a scenario in which Murray gets added to the A’s 40-man roster.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/spor...l-draft/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.a63113a3a288

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
Oh yea, but he’s a soldier, fast and have a cannon
No doubt, but have you seen a QB that fucking small since Flutie? Smith isn't a large man and just makes that cat look tiny all the way around. This is going to be interesting.

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
No doubt, but have you seen a QB that fucking small since Flutie? Smith isn't a large man and just makes that cat look tiny all the way around. This is going to be interesting.

Prefect scheme, with decent protection should help dude to be successful

Last edited: