Hollywood News: WTF? Kevin Hart Ponders Homophobic Tweets Yet Again, Apologizes to LGBTQ

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Stop just stop

You messing with my mind man

I remember ALL that stuff you talking about

All of it.
The hints were always there most people juss didn't pick up on it... I always questioned that shit from the beginning...than dealt with media and really opened my eyes about them and their agenda

publicenemy

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
He is on Good Morning America right now being interviewed by Michael Strahan.
Good interview btw..............

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Like i said from jump.

Just f*cking apologize

Sincere or not.

Cause now we on the 5th apology

And NOW he not only seems clueless insincere and unaware

But he has been emasculated

And he got no one to blame but himself.

p5ych3

Curry Is My God
BGOL Patreon Investor
Like i said from jump.

Just f*cking apologize

Sincere or not.

Cause now we on the 5th apology

And NOW he not only seems clueless insincere and unaware

But he has been emasculated

And he got no one to blame but himself.

they, the lgbwhatever via spokesman lemon is doing too much now, so he finally apologized. now they want him to champion their cause? FOH. i'm glad he said he has no interest in being an ally. because what next will they demand.

ballscout1

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Kevin Hart Says He’s Done Apologizing For Past Homophobic Jokes: ‘I’m Literally Over That’
The comedian stated once and for all that he will not host the Oscars this year.

Kevin Hart on Wednesday said he’s done addressing his past anti-LGBTQ comments and stated definitively that he will not host the Academy Awards ceremony this year.

The 39-year-old comedian’s past homophobic jokes and tweets were drawn back into the spotlight last month after he was named this year’s Oscars emcee. Following backlash and pressure from the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, Hart apologized to the LBGTQ community for his “insensitive words.”

Asked about the controversy during an interview with ABC’s “Good Morning America” on Wednesday, Hart refused to elaborate further on his apology or how he may have evolved in the years since tweeting homophobic comments.

“I’m done with it,” Hart told host Michael Strahan. “It gets no more energy from me. ... There’s no more conversation about it. I’m literally over that. I’m over the moment. And I’m about today.”

He continued: “I have explained how I’ve evolved, which makes me say, ‘I’m over it.’ I’m not saying how I’ve changed any more. ... I’m not giving no more explanation of who I am. I’ve done it. ... You will not hear me saying anything else about it.”

Hart, a previous Oscars presenter, stepped down as host of the show on Dec. 6, days after the academy selected him following a prolonged search and declining ratings for the annual broadcast. The choice of Hart quickly came under fire, with critics noting the comedian’s previous tweets and jokes expressing homophobia.

Hart, pressured by the academy to formally apologize, initially offered a non-apology.

“I’m not going to continue to go back and tap into the days of old when I moved on, and I’m in a completely different space in my life,” Hart said in a video on Instagram. “I’m going to be me; I’m going to stand my ground.”

Later that day, Hart quit ― and apologized for the homophobic tweets.

“I have made the choice to step down from hosting this year’s Oscar’s....this is because I do not want to be a distraction on a night that should be celebrated by so many amazing talented artists,” he wrote on Twitter. “I sincerely apologize to the LGBTQ community for my insensitive words from my past.”

It appeared as though Hart might reclaim the role of Oscars host after Ellen DeGeneres’ campaign for the academy to reinstate him following his appearance on her talk show earlier this month.

DeGeneres, who is openly lesbian, said she forgave Hart for the series of homophobic tweets and jokes. She also revealed that she had contacted the academy to see if it would give him another chance.

Hart apologized again on Monday during his SiriusXM radio show, “Straight From the Hart,” reiterating that he was sorry for any hurt he caused the LGBTQ community.

“I shouldn’t have to prove who I am,” Hart said Wednesday. “I shouldn’t have to prove the levels of love that I’m capable of giving. If anybody out there wants to believe that Kevin Hart is that much of a monster that he wouldn’t love somebody because of their choice in life then all power to them.”

“You’re not getting no more of my energy from it,” he added. “I want everybody to know that I’m done with it. ... I’m happy with me because I know the man I now am. That being said, I don’t have to prove that to anybody.”

It’s unclear whether the academy has someone in mind to replace Hart for the Oscars or whether the show, slated for Feb. 24, will be broadcast without a host for the first time in 30 years.

dugington

Rising Star
Registered
And so it begins smh........

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/wo...psychological-association-20190109-story.html

'Traditional masculinity' officially labeled 'harmful' by the American Psychological Association

“Traditional masculinity ideology has been shown to limit males’ psychological development, constrain their behavior, result in gender role strain and gender role conflict and negatively influence mental health and physical health,” according to the 36-page report, featured in January’s issue of Monitor on Psychology.

Conforming to the norms of the “masculinity ideology” can result in suppressing emotions and masking distress in young boys as well more risk-taking and aggressive behavior and a lack of willingness to seek out help. The report additionally contends this can lead to traits like homophobia and pave the way for sexual harassment, bullying and violence against others and themselves.

*They definitely at work with this bullshit.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
they, the lgbwhatever via spokesman lemon is doing too much now, so he finally apologized. now they want him to champion their cause? FOH. i'm glad he said he has no interest in being an ally. because what next will they demand.

but I cannot really blame anyone MORE than Kevin

he lied about about apologizing

then SWORE he would never

and now not only is he apologizing EVERY day?

and now he saying he DONE?

when even the GAY community at one point was like ENOUGH APOLOGIES!

He doing a media tour about it

this is HIS fault

(an earlier similar how he handled cheating on his pregnant wife, but I don't think he gonna get the same result)

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Kevin Hart Emphatically Says He Won’t Host the Oscars
By BRENT LANG

Brent Lang
Executive Editor of Film and Media@BrentALangFOLLOW
Brent's Most Recent Stories
kevin-hart-oscars-gay-tweet-controversy.jpg

CREDIT: CHRIS PIZZELLO/INVISION/AP/REX/SHUTTERSTOCK
Kevin Hart seems to have fully closed the door on any possibility that he will host the Oscars.

During a Wednesday appearance on ABC’s “Good Morning America,” the “Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle” star gave an emphatic “no” when asked if he would take on the emcee role.

“I’m not hosting the Oscars this year,” said Hart. He stressed that he would not have enough time to work on the show before it airs in February.

Hart’s hire was engulfed in controversy after homophobic tweets and jokes he had made earlier in his career resurfaced. He stepped down as host and has since apologized for his comments, but some critics have found his contrition to be insufficient.

“I want everybody to know I’m done with it,” Hart told “GMA” host Michael Strahan. “It’s a choice that I’ve personally made to say I’m not addressing it anymore.”

ADVERTISING

Though Hart stepped down from the Oscar host gig in December, a Jan. 4 interview with Ellen DeGeneres raised the possibility that he might reconsider and come back. DeGeneres urged him to take back the post and said she had talked to someone at the Academy of Motion Picture Arts & Sciences, the organization behind the show, who wanted Hart to return as emcee. Insiders insist that DeGeneres took those comments out of context.

RELATED
Kevin Hart Plans to Be a Billionaire by 45
After Kevin Hart Debacle, Oscars Forge Ahead Hostless

“GMA” airs on ABC, the same network that broadcasts the Oscars. The telecast’s producers are now moving forward without a host and will instead rely on a group of A-list presenters.

Hart said he felt that his apologies had been sufficient. During an appearance on DeGeneres’ talk show he said he felt his past comments were being recirculated in an attempt to destroy his career and comedy empire. Strahan pressed Hart on whether he realized how his comments (the actor once said he’d turn violent if his son was gay) had impacted LGBTQ youth.

“I have an understanding that I’ve addressed it, and I’ve said everything that I can possibly say,” said Hart. “So I’m over it.”

He added, “You’re not going to hear me say anything else about it. I’ve done all that I can do.”

Strahan asked Hart what his message would be today for parents whose kids might be gay. The comic didn’t directly address that question.

“I shouldn’t have to prove who I am,” said Hart, adding, “If anybody out there wants to believe that Kevin Hart is that much of a monster that he wouldn’t love somebody because of their choice in life, then all power to them.”

Hart said he was focused on his future, which includes the upcoming dramedy “The Upside,” his ostensible purpose for appearing on “GMA.”

“I inspire,” said Hart. “I motivate. I’m a good person, I love to love, if you don’t see that then that means it’s a problem with you.” Watch Hart’s full GMA interview below.

BlackGoku

Rising Star
Platinum Member
If either Katt or Epps were actually funny ghey could say something. They should be working on becoming funny themselves.

Now if Chapelle said something, that’s a different story.
I was just thinkin this in my head...and you said it...lol..Mike Epps is just a hater...

mariano42

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
He still hung up over that shit? :smh: give it up already, GIVE IT UP. :smh:

If be plays his cards (money) right he wouldn't have to host shit forever. Only gay people are bitching, his target demo is way bigger than them.

He needs to move on from this shit already. He's just victimizing himself way too much now instead of just owning up to it. Own up to your brand and just move on.

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member
And so it begins smh........

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/wo...psychological-association-20190109-story.html

'Traditional masculinity' officially labeled 'harmful' by the American Psychological Association

“Traditional masculinity ideology has been shown to limit males’ psychological development, constrain their behavior, result in gender role strain and gender role conflict and negatively influence mental health and physical health,” according to the 36-page report, featured in January’s issue of Monitor on Psychology.

Conforming to the norms of the “masculinity ideology” can result in suppressing emotions and masking distress in young boys as well more risk-taking and aggressive behavior and a lack of willingness to seek out help. The report additionally contends this can lead to traits like homophobia and pave the way for sexual harassment, bullying and violence against others and themselves.

*They definitely at work with this bullshit.

I actually agree with this part:

“Conforming to the norms of the “masculinity ideology” can result in suppressing emotions and masking distress in young boys as well more risk-taking and aggressive behavior and a lack of willingness to seek out help.”

But in don’t agree with the bold part though. Because if that’s the case, then religion causes the same issues and more of it. But do they consider that harmful as well?

dugington

Rising Star
Registered

“Conforming to the norms of the “masculinity ideology” can result in suppressing emotions and masking distress in young boys as well more risk-taking and aggressive behavior and a lack of willingness to seek out help.”

But in don’t agree with the bold part though. Because if that’s the case, then religion causes the same issues and more of it. But do they consider that harmful as well?

It's all wrong in my opinion bro. It's wrong because they're attempting to place the blame on the "teaching of masculinity" instead of:
1) A social contract that women gladly teach and promote when it suits them. "Suck it up, be a man." " A real man would/wouldn't...""God, he acts like a bitch!""The man should pay." "When women behave violently, it's the man's job to be 'smart' (suppress his emotion) and walk away." Etc, etc, etc.
It's all good when society relegates us to traditional masculinity when women or Dwight can get something out of it.

2)
Understanding that risk-taking and aggressive behavior can be directly tied to the most natural hormone we have. Testosterone makes us that way, not just teaching. Testosterone.
Gay people will scream to the high skies for the world to understand "how they were born." Yet, contend that anything they don't like about straight men can't be naturally right. SMH

Last edited:

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member
It's all wrong in my opinion bro. It's wrong because they're attempting to place the blame on the "teaching of masculinity" instead of:
1) A social contract that women gladly teach and promote when it suits them. "Suck it up, be a man." " A real man would/wouldn't...""God, he acts like a bitch!""The man should pay." "When women behave violently, it's the man's job to be 'smart' (suppress his emotion) and walk away." Etc, etc, etc.
It's all good when society relegates us to traditional masculinity when women or Dwight can get something out of it.

2)
Understanding that risk-taking and aggressive behavior can be directly tied to the most natural hormone we have. Testosterone makes us that way, not just teaching. Testosterone.
Gay people will scream to the high skies for the world to understand "how they were born." Yet, contend that anything they don't like about straight men can't be naturally right. SMH

I can’t say it’s wrong because there are fathers out there that just absolutely sucks when it comes to meeting the emotional needs of their sons. And that can be connected with the idea of masculinity in a traditional sense. I’m not saying it’s total truth. I’m just suggesting their is a connection between the idea of traditional masculinity and the lack of emotional intelligence in men. We don’t deal with it in the same way. It could also be tied to biology, but it seems to me that the idea of traditional masculinity is a social construct in the first place. It’s all depends on where you live and how you’re raised.

And there are plenty of men who lacks risk-taking and aggressiveness. What do you suggest is the cause of that? We wouldn’t be able to simply say it’s because of lack of testosterone.

All this stuff we are discussing is part of a system of things. To simply say that one thing is the cause of another is negating the numerous factors that human beings deal with in general. Hence why I brought up religion. Lack of aggressiveness and risk-taking could be tied to that as well. One thing can have more affect on another thing more than the other, but that’s almost impossible to quantify. So we just go off observations, which in itself is limited to the environment you’re in.

To argue what is and what isn’t natural is to argue that we have some type of understanding of what nature does, when nature has proven to evolve over time. What we may understand about nature today may not be the same 100 years from now. So I believe that argument on either sides of what is or what isn’t natural will evolve in to something different as time passes.

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor

Agendas are everywhere man. But we are definitely in the 'men are evil' era. There has been a war on male behavior in grade schools for years. That's because most the teachers are women. Not to make it a black and white issue, because I know there are grey areas, but it seems like a war on anything that a higher testosterone level makes happen. While they talk of suppressing, they are suppressing.

We live in a world where being masculine by old standards is supposedly toxic unless you're a female who claims to be a man. It's just getting bananas out here. It's funny because when we talk about the differences between boys and girls who are straight, it's almost frowned upon. But at the same time, they try to push transgender children on us by using masculine and feminine traits. Fucking hypocrites can't make up their minds. That's why in some cases they trying to blur the lines in order to push an agenda.

dugington

Rising Star
Registered
I can’t say it’s wrong because there are fathers out there that just absolutely sucks when it comes to meeting the emotional needs of their sons. And that can be connected with the idea of masculinity in a traditional sense. I’m not saying it’s total truth. I’m just suggesting their is a connection between the idea of traditional masculinity and the lack of emotional intelligence in men. We don’t deal with it in the same way. It could also be tied to biology, but it seems to me that the idea of traditional masculinity is a social construct in the first place. It’s all depends on where you live and how you’re raised.

And there are plenty of men who lacks risk-taking and aggressiveness. What do you suggest is the cause of that? We wouldn’t be able to simply say it’s because of lack of testosterone.

All this stuff we are discussing is part of a system of things. To simply say that one thing is the cause of another is negating the numerous factors that human beings deal with in general. Hence why I brought up religion. Lack of aggressiveness and risk-taking could be tied to that as well. One thing can have more affect on another thing more than the other, but that’s almost impossible to quantify. So we just go off observations, which in itself is limited to the environment you’re in.

To argue what is and what isn’t natural is to argue that we have some type of understanding of what nature does, when nature has proven to evolve over time. What we may understand about nature today may not be the same 100 years from now. So I believe that argument on either sides of what is or what isn’t natural will evolve in to something different as time passes.

The bolded is exactly what I am saying. They want it both ways. They want to say it's harmful, yet keep it in place when it is beneficial. Agenda-driven.
I read the rest of what you said, and you seem to believe that we're saying different things. If you look closely, both our points nearly meet at the same place.
You express that there can be no absolutes. I agree with that. But the article suggests differently.
I'm of the belief that they wish to make an absolute out of "Masculinity" being taught THEIR way. Forsaking all the different factors that contribute to who men are.

Last edited:

dugington

Rising Star
Registered
Agendas are everywhere man. But we are definitely in the 'men are evil' era. There has been a war on male behavior in grade schools for years. That's because most the teachers are women. Not to make it a black and white issue, because I know there are grey areas, but it seems like a war on anything that a higher testosterone level makes happen. While they talk of suppressing, they are suppressing.

We live in a world where being masculine by old standards is supposedly toxic unless you're a female who claims to be a man. It's just getting bananas out here. It's funny because when we talk about the differences between boys and girls who are straight, it's almost frowned upon. But at the same time, they try to push transgender children on us by using masculine and feminine traits. Fucking hypocrites can't make up their minds. That's why in some cases they trying to blur the lines in order to push an agenda.
The bolded is real in my experience.

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member

The bolded is exactly what I am saying. They want it both ways. They want to say it's harmful, yet keep it in place when it is beneficial. Agenda-driven.
I read the rest of what you said, and you seem to believe that we're saying different things. If you look closely, both our points nearly meet at the same place.
You express that there can be no absolutes. I agree with that. But the article suggests differently.
I'm of the belief that they wish to make an absolute out of "Masculinity" being taught THEIR way. Forsaking all the different factors that contribute to who men are.

I believe we’re on the same page here. I’m definitely not suggesting their isn’t an agenda. But I’m the type to find an agenda on everything. Even on an individual level (I.e relationships and belief systems).

I’m not disagreeing with either points.

I guess I’m more so expressing that changes are happening faster than I (and society) can keep up.

And because it’s so hypocritical, it’s hard for me to be logical about it.

But I’m not disagreeing with either of you. I understand where your points are coming from.