New 2020 C8 Corvette

nworba

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I dont know if anyone has talked about this here, so here goes. The new 2020 C8 Corvette will have a midship engine. All those fresh air scoops supply air to the brakes and engine. They havent discussed whether the engine will be fuel injection or supercharged. Some say they will have both options available. This is a bad mothafu.........
midenginecorvetteforum.com
[GALLERY=]http://www.corvetteblogger.com/2018...re-new-renderings-of-the-mid-engine-corvette/[/GALLERY]
Sorry about not knowing how to post a single pic

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
081018_6b.jpg
080918_5c.jpg
081018_5c.jpg

michigantoga

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Hopefully the hotrod version of it will fair better than the C7 ZR1..

It was a big let down compared to the C6 ZR1.

It does have a dual clutch in it though.

nworba

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The C7 ZR1 which is available for order now for 2019 is a lot better than the C6 ZR1 but a lot pricier too! I was hoping that when the C8 came out it would drop the prices of the front engined ones C7s but i just saw something where chevrolet is raising the prices of ALL corvettes. A po man cant win for shit!

Last edited:

Backshot Bully

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The C7 ZR1 which is available for order now for 2019 is a lot better than the C6 ZR1 but a lot pricier too! I was hoping that when the C8 came out it would drop the prices of the front engined ones C7s but i just saw something where chevrolet is raising the prices of ALL corvettes. A po man cant win for shit!
Naw I like the C6 zr1 better. I Wanna see the 2020 zr1. Read the top model go for as much as $165-180,000

3rd__Optic

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
American Ferrari as usual. Corvette have always taken lots of styling cues from Ferrari. C6 Grand Sport, C6 Z06, and C6 ZR1 are my fave modern day Vette versions.
After seeing track footage of the C8 with what sounds like a flat plane V8 I'm ready for the C8 now. This new platform will take it deeper in to supercar dominance at cheaper prices.

older version

A version older
Registered
I wonder if the head of C7 Stingray design, Ed Welburn was heavily involved in the C8 before he left.

In 2011:
http://www.corvetteblogger.com/2011/09/21/ed-welburn-dont-screw-up-the-corvettes-redesign/
General Motor’s Vice President of Global Design Ed Welburn recently spoke with Automotive News while he was in Frankfurt and the subject of the Corvette’s redesign came up. Specifically, Welburn talked about the difficulty in designing a new Corvette, which has 58 years of history and a very loyal fan base.

“Everyone wants to design a Corvette, but it is hard work,” Welburn said. “Finding that right balance” is a challenge, he added. “You want it to be a new design, but it needs to be recognizable as a Corvette.”

https://vette-vues.com/ed-welburn-biography/

ed-welburn-gm-vice-president-of-global-design.jpg

"Ed Welburn was named Vice President of GM Design North America on October 1, 2003, becoming just the sixth Design leader in GM history. On March 1, 2005, Welburn was named to the newly created position of Vice President, GM Global Design, and the first to lead all of the company’s Global Design Centers. Welburn also serves on the company’s Executive Leadership Team. He will retire after a 44-year career at General Motors on July 1, 2016.

So now that he is gone, the C7 is a dog, and the C8 redesign is great???

Last edited:

CurtDawg

Rising Star
Platinum Member
If ya'll want to see what the finished Corvette design looks like
Just click on this youtube clip below ;)
They show it, in the first 15 seconds.....

Hey Julian!

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
All renders so we don't know what the final product will look like. Either way it will be light years ahead of the C7. They're taking their time on this one. It was supposed to be show at the Detroit auto show, but they delayed it some more.
Couple more renders around from around the net.....
mid-engined-corvette-comparison.jpg

mid-engine-corvette-fan-rendering.jpg

63fa8eb6-2020-chevrolet-corvette-c8-rendering-by-acs-composite-0.jpg

5dbbcee3-2020-chevrolet-corvette-c8-rendering-by-acs-composite-2.jpg

fed0d0ef-2020-chevrolet-corvette-c8-rendering-by-bdsvavarsmidenginecorvetteforum-bsdsvavars.jpg

fcfca66f-2020-chevrolet-corvette-c8-renderings-0.jpg

cc9693e9-2020-chevrolet-corvette-c8-renderings-2.jpg

Hey Julian!

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Ole 458 lookin’ ass...
The 458 barely has visible side intakes. Totally different front bumper. Has center mounted exhaust with round taillights. What 458 are yall seeing here?
2015-ferrari-458%20italia-frontside_fef458it151.jpg

oofrgeb2.jpg

I mean you could've even said it look like the NSX and I'd accept that more than saying it looks like a 458.
acura-nsx-2018.jpg

The fact of the matter is, it's a mid engine car. They all tend to take the same shape inherently because of the engine layout. The C8 will probably look more like a mid-engine C7 than any else. If the rumors are true, the C8 design was in place before the C7 and GM being on the bring of bankruptcy in 09 when the C8 was supposed to start development, kept Corvette RWD for cost savings ,but took some design cues from the C8.

bgbtylvr

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I’m waitint on it. I have the C7 now. Anything 100k or more I will lean toward A 2016 NSX.

Hey Julian!

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I agree but that won't be the top model is the rumor on Corvette forums.

$169,900 Confirmed link
Yeah, that guy is kind of attention whoring a bit, IMO. He's probably got some info on it's design, but price is something that takes a lot longer to workout and even after a vehicle is introduced to the public, pricing is something that can still change up until it hits dealer lots. Bob Lutz, who I'd take his word as former GM exec saying it won't be much more than the current C7 starting price is what I'd lean more towards. I think anything under $100K is good price for this car. Comparing to it's competitor which performance-wise is the 911, that cars starts at $110k now. I doubt even with going to mid-engine GM would want to jump Porsche in pricing. Undercutting them would be an ideal target especially if the performance is above what a 911 can do.

Backshot Bully

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The 458 barely has visible side intakes. Totally different front bumper. Has center mounted exhaust with round taillights. What 458 are yall seeing here?
2015-ferrari-458%20italia-frontside_fef458it151.jpg

oofrgeb2.jpg

I mean you could've even said it look like the NSX and I'd accept that more than saying it looks like a 458.
acura-nsx-2018.jpg

The fact of the matter is, it's a mid engine car. They all tend to take the same shape inherently because of the engine layout. The C8 will probably look more like a mid-engine C7 than any else. If the rumors are true, the C8 design was in place before the C7 and GM being on the bring of bankruptcy in 09 when the C8 was supposed to start development, kept Corvette RWD for cost savings ,but took some design cues from the C8.
If you don’t see the similarities in the body lines then your blind :dunno:

donwuan

The Legend
BGOL Investor
Yeah, that guy is kind of attention whoring a bit, IMO. He's probably got some info on it's design, but price is something that takes a lot longer to workout and even after a vehicle is introduced to the public, pricing is something that can still change up until it hits dealer lots. Bob Lutz, who I'd take his word as former GM exec saying it won't be much more than the current C7 starting price is what I'd lean more towards. I think anything under $100K is good price for this car. Comparing to it's competitor which performance-wise is the 911, that cars starts at $110k now. I doubt even with going to mid-engine GM would want to jump Porsche in pricing. Undercutting them would be an ideal target especially if the performance is above what a 911 can do.

I have been checking out the forums for a while now. The Z06 is already smoking Lambos for 1/3 of the price. Add the mid engine and that look and game over. Under $100k for that car will be a game changer.

lightbright

Master Pussy Poster
BGOL Investor
I dont know if anyone has talked about this here, so here goes. The new 2020 C8 Corvette will have a midship engine. All those fresh air scoops supply air to the brakes and engine. They havent discussed whether the engine will be fuel injection or supercharged. Some say they will have both options available. This is a bad mothafu.........
midenginecorvetteforum.com
[GALLERY=]http://www.corvetteblogger.com/2018/08/10/pics-corvette-c8-r-spy-photos-inspire-new-renderings-of-the-mid-engine-corvette/[/GALLERY]
Sorry about not knowing how to post a single pic

wonder what they gonna up the base price too? The standard $10-15k on model changes …. or more ???? :hmm:

:smh::hmm::smh::hmm::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh: …….. :hmm::hmm::hmm::hmm: