Marlon Wayans has a Netflix special

Bumpee

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I couldnt get past the first 10-15 minutes or so. He looked a little too comfortable tootin his legs up and shit.

OutlawR.O.C.

R.I.P. shanebp1978
BGOL Investor
I watched the trailer and that shit looked awful.

I like Marlon, he seems like a solid brother but not everyone is built to be a comedian.

He's great at being funny with writing and starring in movies he should stick to that IMO.

But I could be mistaken and maybe the previews didn't do it justice.

fu2

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I watched the trailer on Netflix and was even more convinced not to watch it after.

And if the trailer, which is edited to entice you into watching something, actually has the exact opposite effect on you its not a good sign.

I saw it on Netflix and didn't even consider it an option outside of background noise which I use some if the comedy specials for while I do other stuff. Marlon has been in between decent and horrible his whole career. I haven't his show on NBC because the commercials looked like shit. I can't even rewatch the Wayans Brothers show outside wanting to see John Witherspoon acting a fool.

TimRock

Don't let me be misunderstood
BGOL Investor
I saw it on Netflix and didn't even consider it an option outside of background noise which I use some if the comedy specials for while I do other stuff. Marlon has been in between decent and horrible his whole career. I haven't his show on NBC because the commercials looked like shit. I can't even rewatch the Wayans Brothers show outside wanting to see John Witherspoon acting a fool.
ironically, i thought i saw that his show got renewed for a second season. I thought that shit was cancelled a day after the first episode aired.

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I just can't get with Marlon man. I'll always love The Wayans Bros......but man this dude just not funny to me. I'll give a movie by him a chance.......can't nobody convince me to give a stand up though a chance. I wonder what he got for the special though. :lol:

O.J PIMPSON

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I'm watching it now, its some funny shit in it. He can be a lil extra, but some parts gonna get you!!

crossovernegro

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
seen him being surprisingly good in a serious role (requiem for a dream) but I've always hated him in comedic roles.... just tries way too hard, like Nick Cannon on steroids.

Eclipse99

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
seen him being surprisingly good in a serious role (requiem for a dream) but I've always hated him in comedic roles.... just tries way too hard, like Nick Cannon on steroids.

Yea man Nick Cannon is the worst. Its just something about him that makes him seem aggrevating as fuck.

RUDY RAYYY MO

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Can you believed his show has been renewed for another season lol

DJ

BGOL Legend
Certified Pussy Poster
I have never found him to be funny, the show was cool and had its moments, there is a difference between am actor and a comedian, and few are good at both. Bernie, Martin, DL, Eddie, Richard, I just can't put Marlon in that clads. I am waiting on Roxanne Roxanne tho, Netflix has been doin a great job with their programming.

I watched the trailer and that shit looked awful.

I like Marlon, he seems like a solid brother but not everyone is built to be a comedian.

He's great at being funny with writing and starring in movies he should stick to that IMO.

But I could be mistaken and maybe the previews didn't do it justice.

Ballatician

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

:lol:

xxironxx

PhD in Trollin
BGOL Investor
I'm watching it now, its some funny shit in it. He can be a lil extra, but some parts gonna get you!!
Yep that's the key word EXTRA. And i realized not too long ago i don't like extra acting niggaz. I tried to watch his show but he was just too extra.

doggish_098

Rising Star
Registered
It was ok he had his funny moments.

Talked about never taking your kids to karate because they can then kick your ass... I’m sitting on the couch like man I fucked up both them in karate

xxironxx

PhD in Trollin
BGOL Investor
Guess I'll roll 1 and check it out tonight. Anybody else got a good recent stand up y'all can recommend?