Cops shoot and kill black man Alton Sterling at point blank range in Baton Rouge

D Town Redd

The Bruh That Got Away
Registered
This is the reason why I strongly believe BLACK COMMUNITIES should be COP-FREE zones...

BLack Fam can take care of each other, thank you very much

Less opportunities for this kind of tragedy

JamesATL

Lurker
BGOL Investor
some blacks fells this way

825757_704505.jpg

257f77b319736ae5e16975fc3bb3e80b.jpg

police-brutality-on-kids.jpg

princeprince

Rising Star
Registered
This is the reason why I strongly believe BLACK COMMUNITIES should be COP-FREE zones...

BLack Fam can take care of each other, thank you very much

Less opportunities for this kind of tragedy

You stupid and still ignorant to believe that nonsense you posted.
Been to Chicago lately, how have those cop free zones working out?
Stop posting your stupid idea of cop free zone, which makes no logical sense. Try again.

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member
DeRay got arrested a few hours ago protesting down there.

#FreeDeray

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...to-custody-by-baton-rouge-police/?tid=twisira

DeRay McKesson, one of the most prominent activists associated with the police reform protest movement, is in police custody in Baton Rouge, where he traveled earlier Saturday to demonstrate in solidarity with residents angered by the recent death of Alton Sterling after an officer-involved shooting that was captured on video.

McKesson was taken into custody around 11 p.m. in what two fellow activists who witnessed it described as a physically violent arrest.

“The officers won’t give their names,” said Brittany Packnett, one of Mckesson’s co-founders of the group Campaign Zero, a prominent activist collective. “He was clearly targeted.”

Packnett said McKesson was using his smartphone to live stream the ongoing protests when police began forcibly dispersing the crowds. As McKesson and a group of about eight people walked down the street an officer approached him and told him that he had been “flagged” and that if he left the sidewalk again he would be arrested.

Moments later, she said, two officers forcefully arrested McKesson.

“They tackled him, one officer hit the top of his body and another officer the bottom,” Packnett said.

The altercation knocked the phone from Mckesson’s hand, ending his live broadcast of the demonstration, she said.

Blurry video of the moments before McKesson was taken into custody provided to The Washington Post captures his verbal exchange with the officers.

“The police continue to just provoke people,” McKesson said after an officer yells to a group of people that if they step on the roadway they will be arrested.

Then an officer says the man in the “loud shoes” has been “flagged”: “You in them loud shoes, if I see you in the road, if I get close to you, you’re going to jail,” an officer can be heard saying on the video.

In response, Packnett says, “We’re on the shoulder, there is no sidewalk, sir.”

McKesson is known for wearing a pair of red Nike sneakers and a blue vest to all protests he attends.

The group was walking away from a protest and rally that had been dispersed, traveling alongside road traffic on a street that they said does not have a sidewalk.

Activists continued to talk as they walked up the side of the street. Moments later an officer’s voice is heard.

“City police you’re under arrest,”

“What?!” McKesson exclaims. “I’m under arrest y’all.”

Then the video and audio feed cuts out.

As Packnett and Johnetta Elzie, another prominent protester, tweeted in outrage word spread quickly through the ranks of national police reform activists, who fear that McKesson had been targeted deliberately and may be harmed in police custody.

In a text message from within police custody, McKesson said he and 33 others were in custody together, wrists tied, and being taken to a police precinct. There is no word yet on what charges McKesson may be facing.

Mr. Met

So Amazin
BGOL Investor
Quinyetta McMillon: 'It's not a race issue, but they're making it a race issue'
Kiran Chawla
Jul 8, 2016 09:18 PM
BATON ROUGE, LA (WAFB) - Investigators said the police shooting of Alton Sterling in Baton Rouge likely contributed to the mass shooting of police officers in Dallas, TX overnight.

Those close to Sterling said violence against police is not the answer and not what they want.

"It's insane. It hurts to see other people going through what we're going through right now," said Quinyetta McMillon, who is the mother of Alton Sterling's oldest son, Cameron Sterling.

It's a pain McMillon understands all too well, the loss of a loved one.

Sterling was shot and killed early Tuesday morning by a Baton Rouge police officer. It's that shooting, the police chief in Dallas said, is likely behind the shooting of 12 police officers overnight.

"The suspect said he was upset about the recent police shootings. He said he was upset at white people. The suspect said he wanted to kill white people especially white officers," said Dallas Police Chief David Brown.

Kiran: "There's a small portion of the community out there nationally that will say, 'We got revenge. What would you say to that?'"
McMillon: "You don't."
Kiran: "Why?"
McMillon: "There's no revenge in that. You don't get revenge by going out and hurting someone else. It's not right. That's not how it works."

"If you are someone who can mourn the loss of Mr. Sterling and celebrate what happened in Dallas, you have transformed into the very thing you take issue with," said McMillon's lawyer Justin Bamberg.

Both McMillon and Bamberg said they're thankful to all the Baton Rouge protesters and proud of them for respecting Sterling's family's wishes of keeping things peaceful saying their goal is to get answers, not divide the country.

Kiran: "Is there a race issue in this country right now?"
McMillon: "As of right now, they're making it a race issue."

Which is why she's condemning the Dallas shootings, saying it's not about what color a person is.

sammyjax

Grand Puba of Science
Platinum Member
Kiran Chawla
BATON ROUGE, LA (WAFB) - Investigators said the police shooting of Alton Sterling in Baton Rouge likely contributed to the mass shooting of police officers in Dallas, TX overnight.

Those close to Sterling said violence against police is not the answer and not what they want.

"It's insane. It hurts to see other people going through what we're going through right now," said Quinyetta McMillon, who is the mother of Alton Sterling's oldest son, Cameron Sterling.

Sterling was shot and killed early Tuesday morning by a Baton Rouge police officer. It's that shooting, the police chief in Dallas said, is likely behind the shooting of 12 police officers overnight.

"The suspect said he was upset about the recent police shootings. He said he was upset at white people. The suspect said he wanted to kill white people especially white officers," said Dallas Police Chief David Brown.

Kiran: "There's a small portion of the community out there nationally that will say, 'We got revenge. What would you say to that?'"
McMillon: "There's no revenge in that. You don't get revenge by going out and hurting someone else. It's not right. That's not how it works."

"If you are someone who can mourn the loss of Mr. Sterling and celebrate what happened in Dallas, you have transformed into the very thing you take issue with," said McMillon's lawyer Justin Bamberg.

Both McMillon and Bamberg said they're thankful to all the Baton Rouge protesters and proud of them for respecting Sterling's family's wishes of keeping things peaceful saying their goal is to get answers, not divide the country.

Which is why she's condemning the Dallas shootings, saying it's not about what color a person is.
dumbass.

hussla's paradice

Chubby Chasing Connoisseur
Registered
I went to the market where Alton was killed at, the Panthers were there, and it's deep with our people protesting.

I went back around midnight. We were even deeper there, but there was no cops in sight. I think the chief gave a directive to stay away from that area due to the volatility.

I rode over on Airline (u.s. 61) where Deray and nem was at, and the cops were in full riot gear, and the lil armored tactical vehicle was out there on display.

If the cops get off, expect the National Guard to be called in. These brothers was saying that it's gonna be worse than fuergeson, they're talking about tearing this bitch up.

phanatic

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I went to the market where Alton was killed at, the Panthers were there, and it's deep with our people protesting.

I went back around midnight. We were even deeper there, but there was no cops in sight. I think the chief gave a directive to stay away from that area due to the volatility.

I rode over on Airline (u.s. 61) where Deray and nem was at, and the cops were in full riot gear, and the lil armored tactical vehicle was out there on display.

If the cops get off, expect the National Guard to be called in. These brothers was saying that it's gonna be worse than fuergeson, they're talking about tearing this bitch up.

If they are going to fuck something up, hurt the places that perpetuate this system. Court houses and police stations would be the enemy, not a gas station and mom and pop corner store.

hussla's paradice

Chubby Chasing Connoisseur
Registered
If they are going to fuck something up, hurt the places that perpetuate this system. Court houses and police stations would be the enemy, not a gas station and mom and pop corner store.

I agree. I think the convenience store is safe, the owner had a brother paint a mural on the side of the building.

My heart goes out to him, he was cool with Alton, and to see the pigs do that at his place of business, is beyond fucked up.

Reactions: BDR

Entrepronegro

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Kiran Chawla

I agree with her.

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member
So a Breitbart reporter was arrested last night and detained with DeRay and other protestors. He said his arrest was unconstitutional. Responses have been from he shouldn't have been interfering with police, to DeRay and them have "got to him".

Of course Wes Lowery has receipts... this was quite entertaining.

You have to click on the individual tweets to see other people's comments. Hilarious.