President Barack Obama- He'll be missed when he's gone!!!- “Would be nice to have y’all back in the White House, just from a visual standpoint”

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
tumblr_o3v2hfHID11sbarnao1_1280.jpg

Michelle Obama Slays in Custom Jason Wu At The White House State Dinner.

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
tumblr_o3u1nlb4n91qahsujo1_1280.jpg

Education and early career

Obama attended Whitney Young High School,[25] Chicago's first magnet high school, established as a selective enrollment school, where she was a classmate of Jesse Jackson's daughterSantita.[20] The round-trip commute from the Robinsons' South Side home to the Near West Side, where the school was located, took three hours.[26]Obama recalled being fearful of how others would perceive her and while attending Whitney Young, being in an environment that was doubtful of her ability to succeed. She disregarded the negativity around her and used it "to fuel me, to keep me going."[27][28] She was on the honor roll for four years, took advanced placement classes, was a member of the National Honor Society, and served as student counciltreasurer.[4] She graduated in 1981 as the salutatorian of her class.[26]

Obama was inspired to follow her brother to Princeton University,[5] where he graduated in 1983. Bond viewed Obama as having become determined from her brother's admission to be admitted herself, Obama understanding Craig and his study habits.[29] Some of Obama's teachers in high school, who were aware of her applying to Princeton, tried to dissuade her, Obama recalling that she had been told she was "setting my sights too high."[30][31] She believed that her brother's alumni status had helped her during the admission process,[32] though there were also talks that her acceptance was due toaffirmative action. Whichever the reason was for her acceptance into the school, Obama resolved demonstrate her worthiness of admission.[29] Beginning her freshman year, she feared that she was not as intelligent as her new peers and at first was unable to find her classes nor choose them. Obama admitted she was overwhelmed first arriving at the Ivy League, attributing this to the fact that neither of her parents had graduated from college.[33]By her own admission, she had never spent a prolonged amount of time on a college campus, making the adjustment all the more difficult.[34] The mother of a white roommate of Obama reportedly unsuccessfully tried to get her daughter moved due to Obama's ethnicity. Obama would recall her tenure at Princeton being the first time she was made more aware of her ethnicity and furthered that despite the willingness of her classmates and teachers to want to understand her, she still felt "like a visitor on campus."[35]

At Princeton, she challenged the teaching methodology for French because she felt that it should be more conversational.[36] As part of her requirements for graduation, she wrote a thesis titled Princeton-Educated Blacks and the Black Community.[37][38]"I remember being shocked," she says, "by college students who drove BMWs. I didn't even know parents who drove BMWs."[26] Obama researched her thesis by sending a questionnaire to African-American graduates of Princeton, requesting they specify when and how comfortable they were with races prior to their enrollment at Princeton and repeated the same request for how they felt at time they were a student. Of the 400 she sent to, fewer than 90 responded and her findings did not support her hoped conclusion that the alumni would still identity with the African-American community.[39] While at Princeton, she got involved with the Third World Center (now known as the Carl A. Fields Center), an academic and cultural group that supported minority students, running their day care center, which also included after school tutoring.[40]Obama (then known as Robinson) majored in sociology and minored inAfrican American studies; she graduated cum laude with a Bachelor of Arts in 1985.[4][41]

She earned her Juris Doctor (J.D.) degree from Harvard Law School in 1988.[42] By the time she applied for Harvard Law, Bond wrote, her confidence had greatly boasted since applying for Princeton and he furthered, "This time around, there was no doubt in her mind that she had earned her place".[39] Obama's faculty mentor at Harvard Law was Charles Ogletree. Ogletree concluded Obama had answered the question that had plagued her throughout Princeton by the time she arrived at Harvard Law, of whether she would remain the product of her parents or keep the identity she had acquired at Princeton, him viewing her as having answered that she could be "both brilliant and black."[43] At Harvard she participated in demonstrations advocating the hiring of professors who were members of minorities[44] and worked for theHarvard Legal Aid Bureau, assisting low-income tenants with housing cases.[45] She is the third First Lady with a postgraduate degree, after her two immediate predecessors, Hillary Rodham Clinton and Laura Bush.[46]Obama would later say her education gave her opportunities beyond what she had ever imagined.[47] In July 2008, Obama accepted the invitation to become an honorary member of the 100-year-old black sorority Alpha Kappa Alpha, which had no active undergraduate chapter at Princeton when she attended.[48]

Last edited:

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
tumblr_o346hpU5fp1u00krso1_1280.jpg

On This Day in Music History: February 25, 2009

President Obama honoured Stevie Wonder his musical hero, with America’s highest award for pop music, the Library of Congress’ Gershwin prize at a ceremony at the White House. The president said the Motown legend had been the soundtrack to his youth and he doubted that his wife would have married him if he hadn’t been a fan. Wonder’s song ‘Signed, Sealed, Delivered’ had been the theme song during Obama’s presidential campaign.

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
Yes he (they) will. Class from day one.

Pow! Obama's State of the Union exploding fist bump with Republican Senator recovering from a stroke sweeps the web

By Leslie Larson16:21 13 Feb 2013, updated 18:56 13 Feb 2013

article-2278093-178EC310000005DC-358_308x185.jpg

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
article-2278093-178EA720000005DC-457_634x442.jpg

Just a bump: Michelle Obama gives Barack a fist bump on June 3, 2008, during a televised presidential campaign speech in St. Paul, Minnesota

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
article-2278093-178EA6BA000005DC-673_306x353.jpg

President Barack Obama and a boy from the education documentary "Waiting for Superman" fist-bump in the Oval Office\nWashington DC, USA -

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
article-2278093-178EA6DA000005DC-910_306x353.jpg

WASHINGTON, DC - JULY 18: U.S. President Barack Obama gives a fist bump to Baylor University basketball guard Odyssey Sims while welcoming the 2012 NCAA Women¿s Basketball champions in the East Room of the White House July 18, 2012 in Washington, DC. The Baylor Lady Bears became the first NCAA basketball team to complete a 40-0 season by defeating Notre Dame 80-61 in the NCAA women's championship. (Photo by Chip Somodevilla/Getty Images)

Gazoo

The Big Brain
Registered
Who you telling bro. I'm a old cat that can really appreciate this president. In some ways I feel bad for youngsters that don't see anything so special.

Reactions: BDR

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
Who you telling bro. I'm a old that can really appreciate this president. In some ways I feel bad for youngsters that don't see anything so special.

Yea bro, I really don't get into the do's and don't of the position....

I fux with the person that's Barack...

86CFA18D-6C12-4003-A366-A6453A331459_w300_r0_s.jpg

President Obama greets people in the audience after speaking at University of Nebraska-Omaha, Jan. 13, 2016.

Gazoo

The Big Brain
Registered
Yea bro, I really don't get into the do's and don't of the position....

I fux with the person that's Barack...

86CFA18D-6C12-4003-A366-A6453A331459_w300_r0_s.jpg

President Obama greets people in the audience after speaking at University of Nebraska-Omaha, Jan. 13, 2016.

I really don't see us disagreeing on anything.

BDR

BeatDownRecs
BGOL Investor
The people's champ... He's "our" champ and as a melenan rich human we should be proud to say he's one of us..

Fuck all you coon ass niggas on this board and in life who felt he had to do something for you when you should have done for yourself.. You are nothing but bitch ass niggas and are a fuckin disgrace.. You coon niggas don't deserve to breathe

Winslow Wong

Rising Star
BGOL Gold Member
Who you telling bro. I'm a old cat that can really appreciate this president. In some ways I feel bad for youngsters that don't see anything so special.

I agree with you but my kids - he is there only real president - they were too young for Bush and so firmly entrenched in their minds is that a Black person can be president - I grew up thinking a Black person could never be president - I grew up with a limiting mindset - my kids have no limits - they truly believe they can be anything they want - that is the specialness of Barack Obama

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
I agree with you but my kids - he is there only real president - they were too young for Bush and so firmly entrenched in their minds is that a Black person can be president - I grew up thinking a Black person could never be president - I grew up with a limiting mindset - my kids have no limits - they truly believe they can be anything they want - that is the specialness of Barack Obama

Man I told this story in another thread...

My youngest lil mama was watching Austin and Allie, it was time for the 911 special to come on. The oldest two was waiting on this since they saw commercial was airing. They strong armed the remote and changed the channel. Lil mama was happy about that, came tell what happened.
Moms informed her that, this was something special that happened with bad people taking planes and ran them into buildings, which killed a lot of people, so it's a big deal from the girls to watch it.
Being the intelligent kid she is, she proceeded to ask a million questions..."why they did that, did they die too etc"...but she got sided tracked when Barack started talking....
"Mama who's that, what he did?"(getting chills as I'm typing this part)

Moms replied, "that's the President of this country"
Lil mama quickly stated, "ooh the President of the United States of America, I want to meet him"

Man that shit was pretty damn kool, well for me at least...

knightmelodic

American fruit, Afrikan root.
BGOL Investor
You look at this man and his family and you see the entire historical dynamic between Afrikans and the white virus. Unable to duplicate, indeed to even comprehend, the class and dignity inherent to the Afrikan spirit, they chose to mock and degrade it; calling it savage and sub-human. It's all right there if you choose to see it.

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
:lol: fuckers tried to make a big deal bout this

President Obama Has Two Different Handshakes, One for White Guy Assistant and Another for Kevin Durant

be4rc.gif

President Obama was at the US Men’s basketball Olympic warmup game against Brazil earlier this week, where he gave a pep talk in the locker room. He also met with the team and players and demonstrated his handshake versatility.

We’ve got the cordial handshake with the obligatory nod/one hand in pocket by the assistant. Then, we have the “my man” grab and shoulder bump with Kevin Durant.

bd048d85e1d610b1ec61bff064f5e831.jpg

Megatron X

A Prophet of Doom
BGOL Investor
Obama has done nothing for the black community but you'll miss him? Ha ha ha....Ha! This is why niggaz are the laughing stock of the world. This guy has done nothing to help the black community but call you niggaz thugs, to stop eating Popeye's Chicken, has done nothing about the Flint Michigan water crisis, has said nothing about the genocidal police shootings, did nothing about the high unemployment and passed even harder laws against you in favor of the police. Only niggaz think like this. For a man, to help every other group but ignore and get annoyed at the only people who stayed loyal to him. That's why you niggaz deserve what you get. You should be treated like shit. You refused to call this bastard out for not helping its black citizens. Now you bitches will be told that you had a black president and didn't make him work for you and you bitches deserve everything you get.

Day_Carver

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Obama has done nothing for the black community but you'll miss him? Ha ha ha....Ha! This is why niggaz are the laughing stock of the world. This guy has done nothing to help the black community but call you niggaz thugs, to stop eating Popeye's Chicken, has done nothing about the Flint Michigan water crisis, has said nothing about the genocidal police shootings, did nothing about the high unemployment and passed even harder laws against you in favor of the police. Only niggaz think like this. For a man, to help every other group but ignore and get annoyed at the only people who stayed loyal to him. That's why you niggaz deserve what you get. You should be treated like shit. You refused to call this bastard out for not helping its black citizens. Now you bitches will be told that you had a black president and didn't make him work for you and you bitches deserve everything you get.
Im not going to miss him; but to say hes done nothing is retarded; he doesnt have to give 1 single policy; but those pics of him and his family in the white house; well thats enough to inspire a whole generation; if you think thats nothing, then get the fuck out of america...

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member

This can be agreed or disagreed upon but I ain't bout that shit...actually me personally wasn't looking for anything groundbreaking

President Obama, Michelle and pooch Bo greet guests touring the White House

whitehouse23n-split.jpg

whitehouse23n-split2.jpg

whitehouse23n-2.jpg

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
Im not going to miss him; but to say hes done nothing is retarded; he doesnt have to give 1 single policy; but those pics of him and his family in the white house; well thats enough to inspire a whole generation; if you think thats nothing, then get the fuck out of america...

I'm thinking this kinda piggy back off your statement...

Obama talks importance of black body image, including Michelle, Beyoncé — even Steph Curry
President Obama walks with his daughter Malia across the South Lawn of the White House. (Photo: Jacquelyn Martin/AP)

President Obama sat down with Time magazine and ballerina Misty Copeland at the White House last month for a candid conversation about race. And the discussion turned to body image and the relationship that young black girls — like Sasha and Malia Obama — have with it.

“The fact that they’ve got a tall, gorgeous mom who has some curves, and that their father appreciates, I think is helpful,” President Obama said. “I do think that culture’s changing for the younger generation a little bit more. You see Beyoncé or you see some of these pop stars, and what both white, Latino, black children are seeing as representative of beauty is much broader than it was when I was a kid. You just didn’t see that much representation. And that’s healthy and that’s encouraging. But it’s still a challenge.”

Copeland, the first African-American principal dancer at the American Ballet Theater, agreed.

342869587bb656ba8d123a596db08d5e

American Ballet Theater’s Misty Copeland in “A Ballerina’s Tale.” (Oskar Landi/Sundance Selects via AP)

“I think that having a platform and having a voice to be seen by people beyond the classical ballet world has really been powerful,” Copeland said. “It’s allowed me to say, ‘It’s OK to have a healthy, athletic body.’ We are fully capable of doing everything that the person who doesn’t have an extremely athletic body — that is more thin — we’re fully capable of doing exactly the same thing. And I think that being in this position and showing that I can execute and do all of these things, that it’s possible to have any skin complexion — to have a healthy body image for the ballerina body — I think it’s given me more of a voice. And it’s, I think, forcing a lot of these top tier companies to address the lack of diversity and diversifying the bodies that we’re seeing in classical ballet. It’s really forcing that conversation.”

Obama said he’s surprised Copeland’s body type is challenging the classical ballet world’s notion of what a ballerina looks like.

“I have to say as an outsider … when I hear that, like, your body type is considered sort of more athletic or large — you’re tiny,” he said. “I mean, you’re petite. So the notion that somehow that was even a question is pretty interesting.”

The president said Copeland’s emergence as a role model for aspiring young black dancers is important — but not necessarily enough to affect real change.

“It is wonderful that the potential dancer can see Misty and say, ‘I can do that,’” he said. “But if there’s no dance studio at all in their neighborhood, and if their schools don’t offer any extracurricular activities at all, or if their school is chronically underfunded, then it’s going to be a problem.”

c4acd18d691b3fc32119822ecd677aa8

President Obama jokes with Steph Curry at an event honoring the 2015 NBA champion Golden State Warriors at the White House, Feb. 4, 2016. (Photo: Kevin Lamarque/Reuters)

Obama even referenced body image while talking about Golden State Warriors star Steph Curry, who, the president said, “is the greatest shooter that I’ve ever seen.”

“The fact that he’s about my size and he’s doing what he’s doing” is remarkable, Obama said. “I am having more fun watching him than anybody since Michael Jordan.”

But is Curry better than Jordan?

“He’s not,” Obama said. “Even Steph wouldn’t necessarily say he’s better than Jordan.”

Day_Carver

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I'm thinking this kinda piggy back off your statement...

Obama talks importance of black body image, including Michelle, Beyoncé — even Steph Curry
President Obama walks with his daughter Malia across the South Lawn of the White House. (Photo: Jacquelyn Martin/AP)

President Obama sat down with Time magazine and ballerina Misty Copeland at the White House last month for a candid conversation about race. And the discussion turned to body image and the relationship that young black girls — like Sasha and Malia Obama — have with it.

“The fact that they’ve got a tall, gorgeous mom who has some curves, and that their father appreciates, I think is helpful,” President Obama said. “I do think that culture’s changing for the younger generation a little bit more. You see Beyoncé or you see some of these pop stars, and what both white, Latino, black children are seeing as representative of beauty is much broader than it was when I was a kid. You just didn’t see that much representation. And that’s healthy and that’s encouraging. But it’s still a challenge.”

Copeland, the first African-American principal dancer at the American Ballet Theater, agreed.

342869587bb656ba8d123a596db08d5e

American Ballet Theater’s Misty Copeland in “A Ballerina’s Tale.” (Oskar Landi/Sundance Selects via AP)

“I think that having a platform and having a voice to be seen by people beyond the classical ballet world has really been powerful,” Copeland said. “It’s allowed me to say, ‘It’s OK to have a healthy, athletic body.’ We are fully capable of doing everything that the person who doesn’t have an extremely athletic body — that is more thin — we’re fully capable of doing exactly the same thing. And I think that being in this position and showing that I can execute and do all of these things, that it’s possible to have any skin complexion — to have a healthy body image for the ballerina body — I think it’s given me more of a voice. And it’s, I think, forcing a lot of these top tier companies to address the lack of diversity and diversifying the bodies that we’re seeing in classical ballet. It’s really forcing that conversation.”

Obama said he’s surprised Copeland’s body type is challenging the classical ballet world’s notion of what a ballerina looks like.

“I have to say as an outsider … when I hear that, like, your body type is considered sort of more athletic or large — you’re tiny,” he said. “I mean, you’re petite. So the notion that somehow that was even a question is pretty interesting.”

The president said Copeland’s emergence as a role model for aspiring young black dancers is important — but not necessarily enough to affect real change.

“It is wonderful that the potential dancer can see Misty and say, ‘I can do that,’” he said. “But if there’s no dance studio at all in their neighborhood, and if their schools don’t offer any extracurricular activities at all, or if their school is chronically underfunded, then it’s going to be a problem.”

c4acd18d691b3fc32119822ecd677aa8

President Obama jokes with Steph Curry at an event honoring the 2015 NBA champion Golden State Warriors at the White House, Feb. 4, 2016. (Photo: Kevin Lamarque/Reuters)

Obama even referenced body image while talking about Golden State Warriors star Steph Curry, who, the president said, “is the greatest shooter that I’ve ever seen.”

“The fact that he’s about my size and he’s doing what he’s doing” is remarkable, Obama said. “I am having more fun watching him than anybody since Michael Jordan.”

But is Curry better than Jordan?

“He’s not,” Obama said. “Even Steph wouldn’t necessarily say he’s better than Jordan.”
:yes::yes:...man i swear some of us dont appreciate the value of imagery; theres a reason why they like to show us all the time as criminals...

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
President Obama’s golf buddies? Dell & Steph Curry, Alonso Mourning and Ray Allen

imrs.php

060214-politics-obama-Alonzo-Mourning.jpg

Screenshot-2014-08-10-at-12.32.12-AM.png

obama_alonzo_mourning_ap_328.jpg

3d69388d_11849901_824964740936211_87874213_n.xxxlarge.jpg

President Obama is getting in a whole lot of golf with NBA stars during his vacation to Martha’s Vineyard this week. After spending Wednesday getting a round in with former NBA all-stars Ray Allen and Alonzo Mourning on the links of Farm Neck Golf Club in Oak Bluffs, Mass., Obama’s spending Friday afternoon getting his golf on with 2015 NBA MVP Steph Curry, his dad Dell Curry and Allen again, according to White House sources.

Notably missing from the group is Steph’s daughter Riley, who was probably left off because she’s too good.

You mean to tell me that when the president is driving your cart around, you're still referring to your day as a "Chill Friday?" Even when you're being introduced to Bill Clinton?

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
First Lady Michelle Obama and LeBron James promote education after high school

michelle-obama-lebron-james.jpg

AKRON, Ohio - First Lady Michelle Obama and LeBron James brought their mutual admiration society to the University of Akron on Wednesday as the first lady promoted a campaign to encourage more young people to seek post-secondary education.

More than 2,400 youths and adults, many wearing T-shirts and sweatshirts that said "We are Family," were entertained by bands, giveaways, cheerleaders and Zippy, the UA mascot, as they waited more than two hours for James and Obama to appear at the James A. Rhodes Arena.

In her 15-minute appearance, the first lady told the youths how much she and President Barack Obama admired James.

Michelle-Obama-LeBron-James-Nickelodeon-Celebrates-xoZ-PKKVdIul.jpg
so

"LeBron has invested so much in you guys because he knows you are worth it," she said, addressing the youths involved in LeBron James Family Foundation programs.

"It's on you," she said. "You got college paid for. The question is are you going to do the work to get there?"

The shouts of "Yes!" rattled the rafters.

The first lady was referring to a partnership between the foundation, the university, and JPMorgan Chase in which any child under James' mentorship who graduates from Akron Public Schools and meets yet-to-be-determined criteria for testing, attendance, and community-service will receive tuition and fees to attend the University of Akron.

That program, and others to encourage youths to succeed in school, led the White House to ask the foundation if it would host the first event for the first lady's new program, Better Make Room, which she announced on Monday.

Better Make Room expands the first lady's Reach Higher initiative to inspire every student to complete their education past high school. The new program is aimed at youths age 14 to 19.

Celebrities, websites and media popular with that age group will promote the message, the White House said.

"When we were doing our research, LeBron was identified as a revered person for that generation," Eric Waldo, the executive director of Reach Higher, said Wednesday. Waldo, who is from Cleveland Heights, said James and the First Lady have met in the past.

4718679092490617341-1.jpg

At Wednesday's appearance, the first lady invited the youths to go on the Better Make Room website, bettermakeroom.org, and tell their stories. She said stories may be featured on the site and youths may be invited to the White House.

"How about all these kids at the White House?" she asked, turning to James. Cheers erupted from the crowd.

It wasn't an invitation, but with the involvement of James, you never know what may happen, Waldo later said.