~*~2014 NBA OffSeason Thread - Free Agency Starts - 7/1 12am ~*~

D-TOWN REP

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Greg Monroe to sign Pistons' offer, delays free agency

Kim Klement, USA TODAY Sports
Pistons power forward Greg Monroe plans to hit free agency next year.
Forward-center Greg Monroe has informed the Detroit Pistons' he will accept the qualifying offer, play for Detroit in 2014-15 and become an unrestricted free agent next summer, two people familiar with Monroe's plan told USA TODAY Sports.

The people requested anonymity because they were not authorized to speak publicly about Monroe's decision.
Monroe, 24, was a restricted free agent this summer but decided not to sign an offer sheet with another team or sign a multiyear extension with the Pistons.
He instead will be one of the most highly sought-after free agents next offseason.

Monroe's qualifying offer is for $5.479 million in 2014-15 and cannot be traded without his consent once he signs. He's expected to sign it before the Oct. 1 deadline.
The No. 7 pick in the 2010 NBA Draft, Monroe took an uncommon route, forsaking money and a long-term deal now for a money and long-term deal a year from now.
Monroe averaged 15.2 points and 9.3 rebounds a game last season but didn't mesh with newcomer Josh Smith. The Pistons went 29-53.
Guard Ben Gordon accepted the Bulls qualifying offer in 2008, making him an unrestricted free agent the following summer. He signed a five-year, $58 million with Detroit in 2009.
Guard Raymond Felton accepted Charlotte's qualifying offer in 2009 and then signed a two-year, $15.8 million deal with the New York Knicks in 2010.
New Orleans Pelicans guard Eric Gordon suggested he would sign a qualifying offer in 2012. Instead, he signed an offer sheet from the Phoenix Suns, and New Orleans matched it.

Monroe to the Mavs 2015

I could see him on the Knicks too

He would be nice in the triangle

D-TOWN REP

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
That's a safe ass bet

Thunder better realize this ain't the NFL

Can't just draft guys who can play year in and year out and afford to let good players go

NBA draft ain't deep like that every year like the NFL draft

Last edited:

curryshotta

Rising Star
Registered
the heat will definitely target Durant, but then again so will everybody

the Heat wont have youth as a selling point on their side tho

Washington is definitely going to go hardbody after him

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
Why would KD go to the Celtics?

In 2016 everybody would have money

Knicks, Lakers, Washington, Brooklyn

D-TOWN REP

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
man the more and more I think of it I will be the most surprised dude if Westbrook and Durant are on this team in 3 years

Man both those dudes are gone

Superstars staying in small markets are rare and with this CBA it's about to be an even more rare occurrence

I think KD has the personality of someone who would do it but he ain't winning a title in OKC and he knows he needs a couple

Westbrook is gone, probably to LA

And I see KD going back to DC

That squad will be nasty and that organization never had a problem spending money

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
Man both those dudes are gone

Superstars staying in small markets are rare and with this CBA it's about to be an even more rare occurrence

I think KD has the personality of someone who would do it but he ain't winning a title in OKC and he knows he needs a couple

Westbrook is gone, probably to LA

And I see KD going back to DC

That squad will be nasty and that organization never had a problem spending money

If OKC wasn't so cheap, they'd have a chip by now. :smh: Heck, with a healthy Serge, I think they will be facing the Cavs for the title this season.

Rose's knees are already swelling and feeling pain. :smh:

RoadRage

the voice of reason
BGOL Investor
OKC vs Cleveland?

Bruh OKC aint even the best in their division famo.

OKC, S.A. and perhaps the Clippers should be the favorites coming out of the west, wait hold on, I know your not serious about the Nuggets doing shit.:lol:

M.H.C.

BGOL Investor
OKC, S.A. and perhaps the Clippers should be the favorites coming out of the west, wait hold on, I know your not serious about the Nuggets doing shit.:lol:

Bro delete this post and just co-sign me. That way when it happens you act like you knew it all along.

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
He's about to get the DWade treatment where he doesn't play back to backs.

Coach K needs to go ahead and cut him

AllState17

Star
Registered
He's about to get the DWade treatment where he doesn't play back to backs.

Coach K needs to go ahead and cut him

Both Irving and Lillard are better suited for international play than Rose is anyway.

I have no idea why this guy is still on the roster.

Fuck out my face with your "general soreness" as if were too dumb to know its your knees thats fucked up.

shaddyvillethug

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
How your body sore

But u at a chris brown party?

It's all good tho

Team USA wanted to give kyrie more playing time

Cause he won't see much when pooh is on the floor :cool:

And why u talking about Pj?

He will be a bull 2035 breh

And Xavier wade will be a bull in 2025