Music: Bobby Shmurda Got Signed To Epic Records UPDATE: Released!

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Bobby Shmurda Got Signed To Epic Records

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/pBXniiEgmMk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
071814-music-Bobby-Shmurda.jpg

If you haven't done the #ShmoneyDance this morning, you're about to. Brooklyn-bred rapper Bobby Shmurda has just signed to Epic Records, helmed by L.A. Reid.

"Deal is done bobby_shmurda #EPIC no one does the underdogs better then me. Brooklyn this 1 is for you!" tweeted the label's EVP of A&R, Sha Money XL, early Friday morning, along with an Instagram video of Shmurda shmoney dancing on a conference table at the Epic offices.

Sha Money has helped to shape the career of 50 Cent, he signed 2 Chainz to Def Jam, and executive produced Big K.R.I.T.'s Live From the Underground. He's also produced records like 50's "Beg for Mercy."

Bobby has built an impressive Internet buzz already, at one point reaching the top of Billboard's Twitter chart, the Trending 140, with his song "Hot N---a," and has already translated his hype to real life stamps from the likes of Drake, who shmoney danced at the ESPYs; Beyoncé, who shmoney danced during an On the Run set; Jay Z, who gave him a lyrical shout out in concert; and Raekwon, Meek Mill and Fabolous, who have all brought him out at various shows.

"Robin Hood done did it again. @BobbyShmurdaGS9 congrats my G," Sha added via Twitter.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/oHYACLxvekk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
http://smokingsection.uproxx.com/TSS/2014/07/bobby-shmurda-timeline

bobby-shmurda-600x600.jpg

Is this a good move for his career???

LSN

Phat booty lover.
BGOL Investor
I'm sound like I'm hating but dude has no lyrics...no star quality (watching that interview)...just that dance...hopefully they can develop him into a decent artist idk tho...I was reading ice T book something interesting he said was you couldn't even think about getting signed until you earned your stripes doing shows and A & R's seen you in that element...now it's the reverse...dudes throw a video on youtube...if it gets hits they become "stars" w/o having dropped any albums/doing shows etc

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I still have no clue who this boy is
Is he supposed to be like a Chief Keef of NYC?

future music class...might even make a thread in the business forum

This is damn fascinating how a star was basically CREATED by using social media...

soundcloud, youtube, vine, twitter and then BOOM

internationally famous with a deal with a MAJOR label...

funny thing the ORIGINAL song isn't even his!!!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/wHcV-gj5djE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

simonmarcel

Rising Star
OG Investor
A rapper getting signed to a record label these days is like saying "I just bought a lottery ticket." Okaaaaaay.:rolleyes:

therealjondoe

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

future music class...might even make a thread in the business forum

This is damn fascinating how a star was basically CREATED by using social media...

soundcloud, youtube, vine, twitter and then BOOM

internationally famous with a deal with a MAJOR label...

funny thing the ORIGINAL song isn't even his!!!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/wHcV-gj5djE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
NY ain't never recover from getting their buildings crushed

LSN

Phat booty lover.
BGOL Investor
I'm thinking they can flip him into another soulja boy off the strength of that dance...but shit @ least soulja boy produced his own beats

smiffnwessun

Star
Registered
He definitely gives the same energy as chief keef he's very young 20 years old he's super turnt up it makes more sense to go independent hopefully he can turn this into something bigger he's definitely more focused than chief keef that right there is a plus in itself.

LSN

Phat booty lover.
BGOL Investor
He definitely gives the same energy as chief keef he's very young 20 years old he's super turnt up it makes more sense to go independent hopefully he can turn this into something bigger he's definitely more focused than chief keef that right there is a plus in itself.

chief keef had a bigger movement tho and an in-house producer which helped create "their sound"...he had more pieces to work w/ and a bigger following than this kid imo

durham

Rising Star
Platinum Member
@and how in the fuck does this guy get signed while Freddie Gibbs is stuck independent and pharaohe monche drops a lyrical emotional masterpiece with no distribution at all.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
NY ain't never recover from getting their buildings crushed

forget the contenet for a minute...

this dude made it out of East Flatbush using soundcloud!!!

come on.

I think the real discussion is the grind and hustle of his camp and IF this is a good move signing tot a major.

sammyjax

Grand Puba of Science
Platinum Member
dude is wack but congrats i guess?

but listen

what the fuck is up with dudes bein all up on each other beans/peedi crakk style nowadays?

i started peepin that shit when keef nem was all butts to nuts in all his videos

i know y'all cool but man that shit is super sus

keone

WORLD WAR K aka Sensei ALMONDZ
International Member
chief keef had a bigger movement tho and an in-house producer which helped create "their sound"...he had more pieces to work w/ and a bigger following than this kid imo

and fucked it all up:smh:

bborn

Rising Star
Registered
peace

@and how in the fuck does this guy get signed while Freddie Gibbs is stuck independent and pharaohe monch drops a lyrical emotional masterpiece with no distribution at all.

Sha's gonna get his $:itsawrap:
Let's see if this kid makes it out the 90s

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
His boy Rowdy rubbed me the wrong way when dude said his dad was rapping like those Tribe Called Quest dudes...then they proceeded to say some bullshit like we don't care about none of that...they was too deep for me

11:30 :smh:

Fuck these dudes

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
His boy Rowdy rubbed me the wrong way when dude said his dad was rapping like those Tribe Called Quest dudes...then they proceeded to say some bullshit like we don't care about none of that...they was too deep for me

11:30 :smh:

Fuck these dudes

yeah I caught that.

but that is a product of the environment his father locked up his kid joins a gang

you can't kick the truth the young black youth from prison

and all his friends are in the streets getting turned up.

He said it all when he said his FAVORITE rapper is Lil Boosie.

The sad part is he is obviously NOT dumb learning fast has some talent charming funny kid he aint saying sh*t on the mic but that genre of rap is hot right now.

I hope he succeeds.

But I completely understand your point and it really turned me off too but...

lets hope he smartens up

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Nxl8nZnihXY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​