For Men Only: What Your Sex Life Says About Your Health

ladyscorpio

Lively up yourself
Super Moderator
Sex scene No. 1: You're just not interested any more.
It might be: Low testosterone
Lots of things can cause your sex drive to shift into neutral: work stress, falling out of love, lack of sleep. (See also: Sexless After 40? Don't Be!.) But what if those things don't apply and you'd still rather count sheep than make love? Or if the sights and touches that once turned you on leave you literally unmoved? You might have a hormone out of whack.

Sex scene No. 2: You're just not interested—and you're feeling down, too.
It might be: Depression—or depression meds
Loss of interest in sex is a classic sign of clinical depression. Yet the treatment for depression can have the same side effect. Talk about a catch-22. Drugs in the SSRI family of antidepressants (including Prozac, Paxil, and Zoloft) have been found in many studies to zap desire in both men and women. (They can also cause anorgasmia—the inability to climax.)

Sex scene No. 3: More and more often, you can't hold an erection.
It might be: A heart problem (the cardiovascular kind, not the romantic kind)
Say you're a relatively healthy midlife guy, a little overweight, and you start having erectile trouble. Count yourself lucky. It might be your tip-off that you're three to five years away from coronary artery disease, says Mulhall. "Two-thirds of men who have had heart attacks had erectile dysfunction (ED) that predated angina by at least three years," he says. "Men are increasingly being diagnosed with ED due to low blood flow, which increases their chance of heart disease."

Sex scene No. 4: You suddenly can't get it up—but you were fine last month.
It might be: A blocked artery, especially if your leg mysteriously hurts, too
The occasional limp penis is a casualty of naturally decreasing hormone levels as men age and experience changes in relationships, says Adam Tierney, a urologist with Dean Health Systems in Madison, Wis. But what happens when ED comes on suddenly? An unusual but worrisome cause is aortoiliac occlusive disease, or Leriche's syndrome, a narrowing of a heart artery due to blockage.

Sex scene No. 5: Your penis aches while you're having intercourse.
It might be: Peyronie's disease
Peyronie's disease, an uncommon condition that can develop at any age, is the formation of abnormal scar tissue under the penile skin, which can cause a hardened spot in the middle or make the penis bend slightly when erect. It's often simply noticed as a constant discomfort during intercourse. "Some guys come in and say, 'My penis just aches when I have sex,'" Mulhall says.

Sex scene No. 6: Your partner, touching you, asks, "Hey, what's that?"
It might be: Testicular cancer
Testicular cancer is asymptomatic—it doesn't hurt. But it often presents as a painless bump or swelling on the testicle, which can be detected through self-exam (a good monthly habit) or by a partner's roaming hands during sex.

Sex scene No. 7: You ejaculate way too quickly.

It might be: Hyperthyroidism
Premature ejaculation (PE)—coming either before intercourse or very soon after it begins—is the bane of younger men but can strike at any age. How soon is too soon is a relative issue, but a general rule of thumb is that PE is a problem when it routinely strikes without any control within a couple of minutes of insertion and sooner than either partner would like. As many as one in three men experience it at some point in their lives. Psychological issues (too excited, too immature, guilt) were once blamed for all cases, but doctors now know there can be physical causes, especially a malfunctioning thyroid (the gland responsible for making and storing key regulatory hormones).

Sex scene No. 8: When you ejaculate, it hurts
It might be: A muscle spasm disorder or prostatitis
In women, there's a condition known as vulvodynia, mysteriously chronic pain of the vulva (around the vaginal opening). Penile pain at orgasm is thought to be the male counterpart, Mulhall says. The latest thinking on both conditions is that they're some kind of nerve disorder, although it's not clear whether this is in response to an infection or some kind of trauma, or what. It's more often seen in young men in high-stress phases of life.

Sex scene No. 9: When you ejaculate, nothing comes out
!
It might be: Your prostate meds
Retrograde ejaculation is a condition where you experience orgasm—but little to no semen comes out. (It exits through the bladder.) Alpha-blockers such as tamsulosin (Flomax), used to improve urination in men with enlarged prostate, are a common culprit. Sometimes diabetics also experience this due to nerve damage.

Sex scene No. 10: It takes forever to ejaculate—if it happens at all.
It might be: Diabetes or prediabetes in the form of a weight problem
In 9 out of 10 men with anorgasmia—the inability to reach orgasm—the root cause is psychological (anything from performance anxiety to work stress to a history of childhood sexual abuse). But in the remaining 10 percent of cases, there's a penile sensory problem, most often caused by nerve damage due to diabetes, Tierney says.

http://health.msn.com/mens-health/articlepage.aspx?cp-documentid=100251260&page=1

yureeka9

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Good info! As I went down that list I had to breathe a sigh of relief that at 41 I'm not experiencing any of the above.

ladyscorpio

Lively up yourself
Super Moderator
Do any of the men on here do a self exam for the #6 scene? or do men think that it would be an odd thing to do for themselves?

Peace

Mo-Better

The R&B Master
OG Investor
Good thread but I have a few questions for you ladies.

1. How many orgasms does it take to make you feel totally satisfied? Are you really satisfied with just one?

2. How long do you want to engage in intercourse, 15 mins, 30 mins, 1 hour?

3 Preferred orgasm type oral, with toys or through intercourse?

4. What's your feelings if the man doesn't cum?

WhenTheGoingGetsTtuff

Rising Star
Registered
Good thread but I have a few questions for you ladies.

1. How many orgasms does it take to make you feel totally satisfied? Are you really satisfied with just one?

2. How long do you want to engage in intercourse, 15 mins, 30 mins, 1 hour?

3 Preferred orgasm type oral, with toys or through intercourse?

4. What's your feelings if the man doesn't cum?

Make your own thread.

blanche.gif

yeahman727

Rising Star
Registered
Thanks for the positive education. Goes to show women can and want to understand and help us more than we would like to think

ladyscorpio

Lively up yourself
Super Moderator
Well LS let's see how well this thread goes. Unfortunately this forum has a history for not supporting important topics.

{sarcasm]no way.....not here.....[sarcasm]

Thanks for the positive education. Goes to show women can and want to understand and help us more than we would like to think

Unfortunately some men do not recognize this to be true however, women DO care about the health of their men. There are a lot of educational threads on this board however as MO B stated above the history of keeping positive vibes on top is not in itself very positive.

Peace

ladyscorpio

Lively up yourself
Super Moderator
1,2,3, and 4 comes from fucking with sloppy lackluster bitches.

Yes of course that is always the case .....:rolleyes: am sure it would/could NEVER be you.:rolleyes:

Perhaps instead of messing around with "bitches" you should find yourself a woman? :dunno:

Peace

TurellSmith

Support BGOL
Registered
Yes of course that is always the case .....:rolleyes: am sure it would/could NEVER be you.:rolleyes:
Perhaps instead of messing around with "bitches" you should find yourself a woman? :dunno:
Peace

I don't mean to be crass and I'm sorry if I hurts your feeling but if a dude is experiencing 1,2,3 and 4 its because your woman probably threw in the towel when it came to maintaining her physical appearance. She stopped watching her weight and stopped being sexy. You can kill all of the sexual attraction in relationship by doing this. If women are trying to find themselves a dude they are trying to look as sexy as possible. Most married and wifed up females don't. They get lazy and comfortable. This applies to men to a certain degree.

ladyscorpio

Lively up yourself
Super Moderator
I actually love the fact that you think that you can "hurt" my feelings.....thanks for the laugh bredren.

Peace

I don't mean to be crass and I'm sorry if I hurts your feeling but if a dude is experiencing 1,2,3 and 4 its because your woman probably threw in the towel when it came to maintaining her physical appearance. She stopped watching her weight and stopped being sexy. You can kill all of the sexual attraction in relationship by doing this. If women are trying to find themselves a dude they are trying to look as sexy as possible. Most married and wifed up females don't. They get lazy and comfortable. This applies to men to a certain degree.

I know and all we can ever do is try.

Peace
Scorp you tried. Some males will forever be in denial that anything could be wrong with THEM.

justfacts

Star
Registered
I can personally vouch for number 3. I'm a healthy 30 year old, 5'10" 211lbs. Last month I started having problems keeping my "man" up. Also I was having problems sleeping. Went to the doctor on Jan 31 for a check up, my blood pressure was 230/120!

I was sent to the er immediately and was admitted that evening. I ended up spending 4 days in there. Turns out I'm experiencing chronic kidney disease that's causing my bp to spike. Still doingg test to find the cause of the ckd.

Immediately after starting bp meds I noticed instant improvement in my sex and sleeping habits. Learned that I had to start listening to my body more often.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

ladyscorpio

Lively up yourself
Super Moderator
Am glad you got treatment your BP had you bordering on stroke even death so give thanks.

It is a huge issue among our culture not listening to our bodies and not placing importance on having checkups at least once a year. The only time we start to notice is when we are already in too deep. I swear if some of us would treat our bodies and our health the way we treat material things it would be amazing what we could do.

Hope that they figure out what is causing your issues bredren.

Peace

I can personally vouch for number 3. I'm a healthy 30 year old, 5'10" 211lbs. Last month I started having problems keeping my "man" up. Also I was having problems sleeping. Went to the doctor on Jan 31 for a check up, my blood pressure was 230/120!

I was sent to the er immediately and was admitted that evening. I ended up spending 4 days in there. Turns out I'm experiencing chronic kidney disease that's causing my bp to spike. Still doingg test to find the cause of the ckd.

Immediately after starting bp meds I noticed instant improvement in my sex and sleeping habits. Learned that I had to start listening to my body more often.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk