Yall Watch Obama Talk To The CIA?

Makkonnen

The Quizatz Haderach
BGOL Investor
Tons of black people and crazy cheering, a very warm welcome. Think of a pop star walking through a mall and that's about how CIA staff were receiving Barack.

Not what I would expect if I believed the bullshit circulating in the media.

http://www.cspan.org/Watch/watch.aspx?MediaId=HP-A-17645

Watch it if you haven't.

I don't know how you can argue that this isn't our country. I don't agree with everything that goes on in this nation but damn I feel ......................patriotic :eek:

Last edited:

Makkonnen

The Quizatz Haderach
BGOL Investor
:eek:
halloween-straight-jacket.jpg

Makkonnen

The Quizatz Haderach
BGOL Investor
Seriously though, in the past 4 years I've had a lot of dealings with people in federal and state government in different states and it was just totally different than past experiences. I've had a lot of those people go out of their way to help me accomplish things. It doesn't destroy the cynicism I have for some parts/staff of/in government, but it has allowed me to put things in their proper context and not continue to blame everyone for the crimes and bad judgement of a few.
I'd contribute some of this to better control of emotions, especially anger.

VegasGuy

Star
OG Investor
Tons of black people and crazy cheering, a very warm welcome. Think of a pop star walking through a mall and that's about how CIA staff were receiving Barack.

Not what I would expect if I believed the bullshit circulating in the media.

http://www.cspan.org/Watch/watch.aspx?MediaId=HP-A-17645

Watch it if you haven't.

I don't know how you can argue that this isn't our country. I don't agree with everything that goes on in this nation but damn I feel ......................patriotic :eek:

Michelle said the same thing. I co-sign both your comments. I got the tape running in the other window. I never saw the CIA like this before...or any other way but stodgy and shit.

-VG

Makkonnen

The Quizatz Haderach
BGOL Investor
Michelle said the same thing. I co-sign both your comments. I got the tape running in the other window. I never saw the CIA like this before...or any other way but stodgy and shit.

-VG
I'm fuckin in shock at that vid VG. First off I didnt know that many people of color worked there. I know they arent all spooks or mgmt but still. Then right next to a overweight sista is a white guy in a suit etc
That shit is wild. That's fuckin CIA Headquarters. Did you see Paneta buggin out? I don't think he could believe that reception.

QueEx

Rising Star
Super Moderator
Did you watch it?

Yeah, I watched and I could feel their enthusiasm. What the video "re-affirms" for me is that when we see things for ourselves, we sometimes get the feeling that things may not be exactly as others are describe them to us, so I am reminded to temper first impressions, whether good or bad; that "we" (black people) can get excited about "us" and thats truly wonderful (because we're probably harder on us, than anyone else; that there really is hope that people can get beyond mere colour; and, you don't have to like everything someone does to believe or support some of the other things someone does or supports.

QueEx

thoughtone

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
George Bush, more than any other administration politicized the government to such a degree that career government employees felt alienated. This IS the reason why the right/republicans/conservatives want to handcuff the Obama administration. The veil lifted off of the rank and file everyday government employee can be seen in this video. On top of this, the right/republicans/conservatives constant refrain in popular culture through their vectors, the cable news networks, that any and all government is bad has a negative effect on raising the moral of government employees Despite the media giving legitimacy to the Tea Bag Parties and suggesting that the right/conservatives have a larger voice amongst the populace that they actual have the video speaks for itself.

VegasGuy

Star
OG Investor
George Bush, more than any other administration politicized the government to such a degree that career government employees felt alienated. This IS the reason why the right/republicans/conservatives want to handcuff the Obama administration. The veil lifted off of the rank and file everyday government employee can be seen in this video. On top of this, the right/republicans/conservatives constant refrain in popular culture through their vectors, the cable news networks, that any and all government is bad has a negative effect on raising the moral of government employees Despite the media giving legitimacy to the Tea Bag Parties and suggesting that the right/conservatives have a larger voice amongst the populace that they actual have the video speaks for itself.

What does your moniker mean and how did you come to choose it?

-VG

AristotlesOwn

Star
Registered
Yeah, I saw this yesterday and was shocked. I thought he was going to get a very cool reception from the CIA, but obviously I was mistaken. After all the talk from former CIA bigwigs on News Network TV and reading about Obama's supposed 'error' in releasing the torture memos in the news, who really expected to see this?