WTF Knicks?!

woodchuck

A crowd pleasing man.
OG Investor
I just heard on the radio that the Knicks are going to offer Amare Stoudemire 5 year/100 million dollar contract. Are you fucking kidding me?! :smh:

Found it: http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nba/news/story?id=5349419&campaign=rss&source=NBAHeadlines

The New York Knicks and Amare Stoudemire continued to move closer to an agreement to bring the free-agent forward to Madison Square Garden next season, but sources told ESPN that the deal has yet to be struck.

A person involved in the talks told The New York Times the Knicks have offered Stoudemire a five-year, $100 million deal -- the maximum allowed -- and are waiting to talk to him in person to complete the deal, which can't be signed until July 8 at the earliest. The meeting could come as soon as Sunday, The Times reported.

OTG08

Star
Registered
thats 20M/year amare which means no Lebron in ny. wow, terrible move if it goes through. I wouldnt mind Amare even tho he plays bad defense and cant rebound but thats too much.

conspiracy Bro

Rising Star
Registered
wow if they really do pay him that then they haven't learned shit..... I mean not a god damn thing.... I mean you ever seen a kid burn himself on something and then avoid that object from now on because they know they will get burned. If the knicks do this its like watching this

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/sZRr9Cmt6DQ&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/sZRr9Cmt6DQ&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

everybody is on some Orange Mocha Frappacino shit right now:smh::smh::smh:

TJervey

Support BGOL
Registered
Hopefully for the Knicks this is just bullshit! If you notice, LB wants to possible be part of a trio, but Amare is hardly mentioned in the trio. Also, this would have an effect on how much cheese they could offer LB as well as the remaining Loot to sign a quality team around them.... ok well, it is what it is... :smh:

merce77

Star
Registered
Hopefully for the Knicks this is just bullshit! If you notice, LB wants to possible be part of a trio, but Amare is hardly mentioned in the trio. Also, this would have an effect on how much cheese they could offer LB as well as the remaining Loot to sign a quality team around them.... ok well, it is what it is... :smh:

I just heard that Amare has reached out to Carmelo Anthony and Tony Parker and that both have agreed to come to NY if Amar'e signs with the Knicks.:dunno:

Actor4Truth

Star
Registered
I just heard that Amare has reached out to Carmelo Anthony and Tony Parker and that both have agreed to come to NY if Amar'e signs with the Knicks.:dunno:

I herd thats next year 2011.. Parker via sign and trade, and Melo ia Free Agency.. but there are alot if if's in that "dream scenario"..!

Maxxam

Rising Star
Platinum Member
FAIL
FAIL
FAIL
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

All these years planning for this summer and this is the best New York could do :smh::smh:

there's a little third grader somewhere who's game is sick on the court... maybe the knicks can start planning for him :dunno:

and fuck that up too
:lol::lol::roflmao3:

TJervey

Support BGOL
Registered

Honestly, this is still a team that doesn't win shit!!! The problem with this scenario if it is true, is that you pick up three Dude's who have to dominate the ball to be effective and none of them play any Damned defense!!! And with Mike D's system, a lot of points scored, and given up, but come slow down execution playoff time, early exits!!! :smh:

merce77

Star
Registered
Honestly, this is still a team that doesn't win shit!!! The problem with this scenario if it is true, is that you pick up three Dude's who have to dominate the ball to be effective and none of them play any Damned defense!!! And with Mike D's system, a lot of points scored, and given up, but come slow down execution playoff time, early exits!!! :smh:

I found this pretty interesting though, an article from Forbes, money still talks though let's not forget.....

By Michael K. Ozanian

Michael Ozanian is National Editor at Forbes

A year ago I wrote that the sale of 15% of the Cleveland Cavaliers and operating rights to Quicken Loans Arena to Chinese investors meant LeBron James would bolt Cleveland when he became a free agent. Now I am telling you next season LeBron will be playing for the New York Knicks because this January they became the only franchise that can use their stock as currency.

They cannot pay James with MSG stock because it would violate the league's collective bargaining agreement. But there is nothing to stop James from buying shares of MSG with his money. This would allow James to in essence work for himself and capture the upside in revenue from higher ratings on the MSG RSN, a soon-to-be renovated Madison Square Garden and much higher profits he will bring to these platforms.

Interesting.

Costanza

Rising Star
Registered
Knicks Acquire NBA All-Star Antonio McDyess
McDyess brings size and versatility to the Big Apple.
William R. Sallaz

NEW YORK, June 26, 2002 – New York Knickerbockers President and General Manager Scott Layden announced today that they have acquired NBA All-Star Antonio McDyess, the draft rights to Frank Williams, the 25th overall pick in the 2002 NBA Draft, and a 2003 second-round draft choice from the Denver Nuggets in exchange for Marcus Camby, Mark Jackson and the draft rights to Maybyner Hilario, the seventh overall pick in the 2002 NBA Draft.

:smh:

Same exact logic...

fourth_retired

Support BGOL
Registered
So now with a boat load of money you think the Knicks can do better then they did last year?

They picked up:

Amar’e Stoudemire Height: 6-10
# Weight: 245
* Pts 23.1
* Reb 8.9
* Ast 1.0

Anthony Randolph Height: 6-11
# Weight: 225
* Pts 11.6
* Reb 6.5
* Ast 1.3

Kelenna Azubuike Height: 6-5
# Weight: 220
* Pts 13.9
* Reb 4.6
* Ast 1.1

Ronny Turiaf Height: 6-10
# Weight: 247
* Pts 4.9
* Reb 4.5
* Ast 2.1

and Rumor:

Raymond Felton Height: 6-1
# Weight: 198
* Pts 12.1
* Reb 3.6
* Ast 5.6

what do you guys think?

conspiracy Bro

Rising Star
Registered
i definitely think these guys are play off contenders though until we see it in action we wont know. I like the fact that we got some big guys to get in the paint and picked up some dudes who can play defense from golden state. As Plan B's goes this is shaping up to be decent no more rent a team Knicks.

Also the fact that the contracts are all short term and I believe once Curry comes off the books we can sign a Max number two to go with Amare (Hopefully Carmelo) makes this the logical move. Plus I am happy they got the best/fastest PG available to run the floor.

Not getting Lebron was good for the team as crazy as that sounds because they are taking this opportunity to build a team that has decent role players and secondaries.

As far as the future goes i think the Knicks should try to get Melo and Big Baby next year if possible.

Last edited:

TJervey

Support BGOL
Registered
i definitely think these guys are play off contenders though until we see it in action we wont know. I like the fact that we got some big guys to get in the paint and picked up some dudes who can play defense from golden state. As Plan B's goes this is shaping up to be decent no more rent a team Knicks.

Also the fact that the contracts are all short term and I believe once Curry comes off the books we can sign a Max number two to go with Amare (Hopefully Carmelo) makes this the logical move. Plus I am happy they got the best/fastest PG available to run the floor.

Not getting Lebron was good for the team as crazy as that sounds because they are taking this opportunity to build a team that has decent role players and secondaries.

As far as the future goes i think the Knicks should try to get Melo and Big Baby next year if possible.

Hindsight is 20/20 than a motherfucker ain't it!?!?! :D

RunawaySlave

Zeitgeist
BGOL Investor
what do you guys think?

nothing there to keep them out of the lottery. As good as Stoudamire CAN be, he is not an impact player unless he has a slick set up man and Spencer has shown a penchant for getting his own points more than setting up others. That kid Rodriguez (that the Knicks got last year) must really be special if that's all they're going after.

Oh and Randolph is injury prone and somewhat lazy on the defensive end.. Not a good look in Madison Square Garden where fans are trying to forget Eddie Curry. He might block a few more shots than Lee though. Knick fans wanna see big men run through brick walls like Oakley, Ewing and Mason not bitch up when they get a sprained pinky

which brings me to McDyess. Unless dude is going to PUBLICLY apologize for his grand theft salary from that disastrous trade years back, that acquisition might add up to another "L" for the Walsh/D/Antoni regime

fourth_retired

Support BGOL
Registered
Knicks sign

7 ft 1 Russian Center
270 lbs.

Timofey Mozgov

mozgov_640.jpg

timofey-mozgov-bc-khimki-final-eight-turin-2009.jpg

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Timofey-Mozgov-5161/