Where do you buy your furniture?

debovette

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yo real talk, Im lookin for something nice, luxurious looking and affordable myself.

Dont sleep, on Big lots. The stuff is cheap, but it looks good.
Look for yourself....http://www.biglots.com/Furniture/

Also, if you need furniture and appliances, check out your local craigslist page. Its good for more than findin hoes, got a lot of good shit there too.

MonkeyBizness

Man of the People
Registered
too lazy to post the links, so simply google them.

crate & barrel
crate & barrel 2
west elm
bo concepts
restoration hardware
pottery barn
charles p rogers
z gallerie

DreDee

Star
Registered
Goodwill

:lol::lol:

Jokes.....most of my stuff I got from Ikea mainly because I'm broke college student.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
I bought my master bedroom set (bed / 2 end tables / dresser) / living room sofa (brown leather) + 2 ottomans / faux marble dining room table + 4 chairs / klick-klack fold down black leather sofa-bed combo & brown wood bookcase for 2nd bedroom/office region from ROMA FURNITURE in Canada in mid-April of 2009.

Got the sales person to bundle the package and take hundreds off the sales prices for us, and also price-match another store of theirs 30 mins away which had 1 item on for $100 less).

* For some reason their website looks ANCIENT/OUTDATED and is ugly on the eyes (never checked it before) plus they have all their gawdy furniture featured. Strange ... the shit I bought was all brown/black and modern/contemporary. None of the bullshit their site shows.

http://romafurniture.ca/index.html
http://romafurniture.ca/

My bedroom set has a few pieces that are SORT OF SIMILAR to the set on the right here ... same color scheme, but different items and not as many.

index_01.gif

Makkonnen

The Quizatz Haderach
BGOL Investor
no one place in particular. Rooms to go got nice stuff but its pricey
chappelle.gif

they got str8 up horrible shit - ashleys too
I had never checked those spots out before and went in last summer to look for a bed for my son. :smh: str8 trash

I try to buy shit that will last a long ass time aka give to my kids - all that cheap shit is for the birds

Makkonnen

The Quizatz Haderach
BGOL Investor
Man you ain't never lied, Not only in the For Sale section but I was browsing around in the freebie section in Hollywood and mufuckas be giving away some good ass damn near NEW furniture. I'm actually thinking about picking up a work bench for my garage I found. :yes:
man you can scoop whole entire offices up for a few hundred man for real on there

I gave some sista a king size mattress for $20 in almost new condition - it wasnt a good mattress though but shit she wasnt complainin

moblack

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
chappelle.gif

they got str8 up horrible shit - ashleys too
I had never checked those spots out before and went in last summer to look for a bed for my son. :smh: str8 trash

I try to buy shit that will last a long ass time aka give to my kids - all that cheap shit is for the birds

I was about to post that. That stuff is garbage. Quality is real low. I brought my bedroom suit at Finger Furniture.

Adam Knows

YouTube: Adam Knows
Platinum Member
Hunting around for a living room set and a dining room(simple table and chairs).

Thinking about checking out http://www.vcf.com

i don't know niccas around here dismiss valuecity furniture but they have some nice stuff at nicer prices.

cats around here think they are too good for a place like value city (they also use to be a dept store as well around here). alot of stuff in my house and apr(s) came from vcf.

Adam Knows

YouTube: Adam Knows
Platinum Member
Yo real talk, Im lookin for something nice, luxurious looking and affordable myself.

Dont sleep, on Big lots. The stuff is cheap, but it looks good.
Look for yourself....http://www.biglots.com/Furniture/

Also, if you need furniture and appliances, check out your local craigslist page. Its good for more than findin hoes, got a lot of good shit there too.

i just bought all the cabinets shelves desks, chairs and decorations for my nail salon from big lots.

DragonXJC

I joke and I know things
BGOL Investor
Another vote for Craiglist.org.

When I first moved to my first apartment, I furnished it all with craiglist.

Now I'm dealing with a wholesaler. This lady works at Raymour & Flanigan (high quality furniture chain in NYC metro) but on the side she sells furniture (half the original price + $50-100 for herself) + $50 dollar shipping regardless of what you get.

Cock Head Jones

Rising Star
Registered
too lazy to post the links, so simply google them.

crate & barrel
crate & barrel 2
west elm
bo concepts
restoration hardware
pottery barn
charles p rogers
z gallerie

Yea I cosign those. Femme put me on to cb2.com way back when I was getting my crib together.

samh32

Rising Star
OG Investor
Forget buying a bunch of expensive furniture.:smh: Furniture has some of the highest markups than anything manufactured or sold in America. That's why my wife and I are shopping at the German second hand stores and flea markets every Saturday.:D:yes: I bet I cant take the silverware cabinet in the first photo to an antique store, and get at least 1500 dollars.

drawer1.jpg

50 USD
curio1.jpg

75.00 USD
chinacabinet.jpg

250.00 USD

cincitystudios

Chopping it up
Registered
i don't know niccas around here dismiss valuecity furniture but they have some nice stuff at nicer prices.

cats around here think they are too good for a place like value city (they also use to be a dept store as well around here). alot of stuff in my house and apr(s) came from vcf.

Down here its called American Signature... an their stuff is very good in quality :yes::yes::yes: an decent prices

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
How much did ya'll buy in furnishing your places?

I deliberately moved to my place a year ago this month with MINIMAL items as I didn't own much over the years. I started fresh. I basically came with a desk / mattress / pillows and my belongings, and have furnished all the rooms since ... and made sure to visit some 15 - 18 places when my mom was in town last year (mid-April) and had our checklist/notes/highlighter and basically just went around as if we were shopping for a new car and asked alot of questions and bargained with sales people ... until we found the place that had the most items we were after and got the sales person to BUNDLE all the items and get us discounts. What really turned us in favor of Roma Furniture (in Canada) was that the sales person IMMEDIATELY told us they would be taking on additional savings when we started to talk seriously about bundling there. We didn't have to bring it up ... they started to discount items as we increased our purchase, and we asked for ADDITIONAL mark downs and they were ok with that too ... which was nice.

Hotlantan

Beep beep. Who's got the keys to the Jeep? VROOM!
BGOL Investor
The Dump is a 10 store national discount furniture chain that is only open on weekends. In Atlanta they just grand opened up a store in the huge former Home Depot building near Lindbergh Plaza (a few blocks from that new Wet Willies).

Last Saturday they were giving everyone who walked in the door to check them out $100 certificate good on any purchase of $399 or more. Looks like good quality stuff at decent prices; see if there is a store near where you live.

http://www.thedump.com