What is the Black Position on Illegal Immigration ???

QueEx

Rising Star
Super Moderator
<font size="4">
Its been awfully quite around here -- on the Black political front, that is. I
haven't heard much from Brother Al and Brother Jesse. Usually, when a pin
drops, their mouths go into overdrive. What is the Black position on illegal
immigration ???

Is this okay, then why ???

If its not okay, why not ???

Why are we not hearing one way or the other ???

QueEx</font size>

`

QueEx

Rising Star
Super Moderator
<font size="4">
I found this, Earl Ofari Hutchison, on Blacks and Illegal Immigration:

<center>"The illegal immigration controversy is not
going away. Civil rights leaders and black Democrats
must and should not pander to the anti-immigrant hysteria
that has gripped many Americans, and that includes many
blacks. They must continue to call for a fair, equitable
immigration reform measure that both safeguard the rights
and labor protections of undocumented workers and the job
security of black workers. That’s a tall order, but it’s one they must fill." </font size></center>

<IFRAME SRC="http://www.blacknla.com/news/Articles/EHImmigrants.asp" WIDTH=780 HEIGHT=1500>
<A HREF="http://www.blacknla.com/news/Articles/EHImmigrants.asp">link</A>

</IFRAME>

Last edited:

QueEx

Rising Star
Super Moderator
<font size="4">
And, I found this:</font size>

<IFRAME SRC="http://www.blackcommentator.com/177/177_bruces_beat.html" WIDTH=780 HEIGHT=1500>
<A HREF="http://www.blackcommentator.com/177/177_bruces_beat.html">link</A>

</IFRAME>

Last edited:

Great1

Potential Star
Registered
While I agree with the CBC stance on the immigration, I wish they would expose that this would imact across the board.

While the current debate has placed a hispanic face to the cause, we must not forget this whole concept of "Worker passes" should be extended to Hatians. Unfortunately, no one is talking about that.

QueEx

Rising Star
Super Moderator
<font size="5"><center>On Immigration Policy
Old civil-rights groups avoid debate on immigration</font size></center>

Earl Ofari Hutchinson, New America Media
Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Los Angeles -- The great irony in the gargantuan march of hundreds of thousands in Los Angeles and other cities for immigrant rights is that the old civil-rights groups have been virtually mute on the explosively growing movement. There are no position papers, statements or press releases on the Web sites of the NAACP, Urban League or Southern Christian Leadership Conference on immigration reform, and nothing on the marches.

The Congressional Black Caucus hasn't done much better. It has issued mostly perfunctory, tepid and cautious statements opposing the draconian provisions of the House bill that passed last December. The Sensenbrenner bill calls for a wall on the southern border, a massive beef-up in border security and tough sanctions on employers who hire undocumented immigrants.

Only nine of 43 caucus members initially backed the liberal immigration reform bill introduced by member Sheila Jackson Lee in 2004. The lone exception to the old guard's mute response on immigration-related issues was their lambasting of Mexican President Vicente Fox last May for his quip that Mexicans will work jobs that even blacks won't.

The silence from mainstream civil-rights groups and the caucus' modest support for immigrant rights is a radical departure from the past. During the 1980s, when immigration was not the hot-button issue it is today, the caucus staunchly opposed tougher immigration proposals, voted against employer sanctions for hiring illegal immigrants and opposed an English-language requirement to attain legalization. That was an easy call then. Those were the Reagan years, and Reagan and conservative Republicans, then as now, pushed the bill. Civil-rights leaders and black Democrats waged low-yield wars against Reagan policies.

In 2002, the NAACP made a slight nod to the immigration fight when it invited Hector Flores, president of League of United Latin American Citizens, to address its convention. The NAACP billed the invite as a "historic first." But it was careful to note that immigration was one of a list of policy initiatives the two groups would work together on. That list included support for affirmative action, expanded hate crimes legislation, voting rights protections and increased health and education funding. There is no indication that the two groups have done much together since to tackle immigration reform.

The caucus and civil-rights leaders tread lightly on the immigrant rights battle for two reasons. They are loath to equate the immigrant-rights movement with the civil-rights battles of the 1960s. They see immigrant rights as a reactive, narrow, single-issue movement whose leaders have not actively reached out to black leaders and groups.

Black leaders also cast a nervous glance over their shoulder at the shrill chorus of anger rising from many African Americans, especially the black poor, of whom a significant number flatly oppose illegal-immigrant rights. But illegal immigration is not the prime reason so many poor young blacks are on the streets, and why some turn to gangs, guns and drug dealing to get ahead. A shrinking economy, sharp state and federal government cuts in and elimination of job and skills training programs, failing public schools, a soaring black prison population and employment discrimination are the prime causes of the crisis in many inner-city black neighborhoods.

Yet, many blacks soft-target illegal immigrants for the crisis and loudly claim that they take jobs from unskilled and marginally skilled blacks. Black fury over immigration has cemented an odd alliance between black anti-immigrant activists and GOP conservatives, fringe anti-illegal immigration groups and racially tinged America-first groups.

Historians, politicians and civil rights activists hail the March on Washington in August 1963 as the watershed event in the civil-rights movement. It defined an era of protest, sounded the death knell for the near century of legal segregation and challenged Americans to make racial justice a reality for blacks. But the estimated million that marched and held rallies for immigrant rights in Los Angeles and other cities dwarfed the numbers at the March on Washington. If the numbers and passion that immigration reform stirs mean anything, the judgment of history will be that it also defined an era, sounded the death knell for discrimination against immigrants and challenged Americans to make justice and equality a reality for immigrants, both legal and illegal.

The immigrants' rights battle will profoundly alter the way Americans look at immigrants. The silence of civil-rights leaders won't change that. But there is no better time than now to end that silence.

Earl Ofari Hutchinson is an associate editor at New America Media.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/chronicle/archive/2006/03/29/EDGU9GJG6O1.DTL

Makkonnen

The Quizatz Haderach
BGOL Investor
Prisons are filled with black citizens who have broken federal laws for economic reasons yet no one has a problem with it. Many BLACK immigrants are refused entry to the US. Many Kenyans cannot get a visa at all. Many Haitians are actively sought out to be refused entry to the US and then shipped to prisons in Guantanamo Bay.

I'd say Haitians have it worse than any mexicans or central americans so fuck em.

Let me see, what nation can I immigrate to illegally and expect no recourse if discovered? Hmm.....................................................................
......................................................................................
Mexico? Nope. El Salvador? Nope. Guatamala? Nope. Fuck this
These faggots wont even protest in their own countries to change shit but they wanna come here and break our laws, forge fake documents, use our welfare, healthcare and educational systems without paying for them etc.
Fuck that.

They broke the law. INS should process every person in those marches. And they should deport and imprison every illegal alien they find.

I want to break a federal law and not get in trouble too. How about robbing a bank? Cmon even if it is $50k that I get away with its less than the cost of one illegal family on our state and federal resources.

QueEx

Rising Star
Super Moderator
[frame]http://www.blackamericaweb.com/site.aspx/bawnews/immigration404[/frame]

QueEx

Rising Star
Super Moderator
<font size="4">
The words of the famous Dr. Lee in analyzing
the facts at the O.J. trial come to mind here:

"Somethin not right here."

</font size>

QueEx

Fuckallyall

Support BGOL
Registered
Makkonnen said:
Prisons are filled with black citizens who have broken federal laws for economic reasons yet no one has a problem with it. Many BLACK immigrants are refused entry to the US. Many Kenyans cannot get a visa at all. Many Haitians are actively sought out to be refused entry to the US and then shipped to prisons in Guantanamo Bay.

I'd say Haitians have it worse than any mexicans or central americans so fuck em.

Let me see, what nation can I immigrate to illegally and expect no recourse if discovered? Hmm.....................................................................
......................................................................................
These faggots wont even protest in their own countries to change shit but they wanna come here and break our laws, forge fake documents, use our welfare, healthcare and educational systems without paying for them etc.
Fuck that.

They broke the law. INS should process every person in those marches. And they should deport and imprison every illegal alien they find.

I want to break a federal law and not get in trouble too. How about robbing a bank? Cmon even if it is $50k that I get away with its less than the cost of one illegal family on our state and federal resources.
I'm with you on this one. How about if I break into your house, and ifg I keep your shit long enough I can state that having it is a "Civil Right" just because I am an "undocumented posessor" of your former posessions ?

dyhawk

Potential Star
Registered
Makkonnen said:

Fuck that.

Shit You Have My Vote

Makkonnen

The Quizatz Haderach
BGOL Investor
Fuck the CBC and all of these politicians. They are scared of the latino influence in the future. Fact is legalizing millions of undocumented workers will change the whole economics of the nation. Do you really think that formerly undocumented workers will stay working for undocumented wages?

This isn't a race issue, but we can make it one. How about Haitians being pursued so that they don't even get a fuckin refugee hearing?

Fuck the CBC. Milktoast cowards.

Either remove the laws for everyone or enforce them for everyone.

QueEx

Rising Star
Super Moderator
<font size="4">
<u>This from Al Sharpton</u>:

</font size>

<font size="5"><center>AL Sharpton Takes Action On Immigration Reform: </font size><font size="4">
Activist urges Congressman to oppose bill that would
make undocumented immigrants felons.</font size></center>

March 28, 2006

*Rev. Al Sharpton of the National Action Network has written a letter to Congressman Melvin Watt, Chair of the Congressional Black Caucus, requesting that the group draft a resolution to oppose H.R.4437, a bill that would make all undocumented immigrants felons.

"When people come to our religious institutions or our offices, we never ask are they documented or undocumented. It is not part of our policy,” Sharpton writes to in his letter, dated March 27. “We just serve people because by serving people we are serving God.

“It is important that black America get off the sidelines just watching this national debate on immigration and become fully engaged on this issue,” “Immigration has and will continue to have a tremendous impact on the lives of African Americans nationally.

“African Americans nationally must have a dialogue and plan on immigration reform. However, black America should always continue to be the moral voice and conscience of this nation and that is why our organization calls for you as Chairperson of the C.B.C to introduce a resolution opposing H.R.4437.”

:confused: :confused: :confused:

http://eurweb.com/story/eur25576.cfm

QueEx

Rising Star
Super Moderator
NPR Interviews

Rep. Maxine Waters on Blacks and Immigration

News & Notes with Ed Gordon, March 30, 2006 · Where do black lawmakers stand on the issue of undocumented workers? U.S. Rep. Maxine Waters (D-CA), discusses the issue with Ed Gordon. Waters' district includes Los Angeles and surrounding cities, one of the hotbeds of protests against an immigration crackdown.

LISTEN/DOWNLOAD: http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=5311826

`

Greed

Star
Registered
there are very few times that i get pissed off at how liberal NPR is, and right now those bastard are sucking the shit right out of the mexicans ass. not a piece of corn escaped their lips.

just lie after lie after lie by the marchers and no questioning by the NPR correspondent, which they usually do so i aint tripping for nothing.

Makkonnen

The Quizatz Haderach
BGOL Investor
Yeah lets support the mexicans!!!!!!!!!!!! They love us!!!!!!!! Remember?

mexstamp.jpg

Like I have said countless times before- fuck Al Sharpton. Ship all the mexican illegals to Guantanamo Bay too.

What's good enough for Haitians is good enough for Mexicans.

QueEx

Rising Star
Super Moderator
`

Al Sharpton is speaking or has spoken at the rally in NYC today. Somebody,
tell us what his comments were. Also, Swartzenegger (sp) is acting like the
political whore as well in Cali. What is he saying ???

- Are any of the so-called bipartisan-politicos thinking this quasi-amnesty will stop the flood of illegal immigrants ??? Do they give a fuck about my/our
children's futures ???

QueEx

Makkonnen

The Quizatz Haderach
BGOL Investor
QueEx said:
`

- Are any of the so-called bipartisan-politicos thinking this quasi-amnesty will stop the flood of illegal immigrants ??? Do they give a fuck about my/our
children's futures ???

QueEx
Why would they give a fuck about your future? You aren't in their economic bracket.

Great1

Potential Star
Registered
I agree with makkonnen when he says "Either remove the laws for everyone or enforce them for everyone."

As I stated in an earlier post, the concept of immigration reform only seems to apply to latinos. Our leaders need to put the focus on our Hatian Brothers and sisters. Either everyone is allowed to come in or no one is allowed. Period.

GET YOU HOT

Superfly Moderator
BGOL Investor
QueEx said:
`

children's futures ???

QueEx

Muscle Head not saying nothing, we over her flooding! :smh:

Makkonnen

The Quizatz Haderach
BGOL Investor
Great1 said:
I agree with makkonnen when he says "Either remove the laws for everyone or enforce them for everyone."

As I stated in an earlier post, the concept of immigration reform only seems to apply to latinos. Our leaders need to put the focus on our Hatian Brothers and sisters. Either everyone is allowed to come in or no one is allowed. Period.
Exactly. Vicente The Fox says some shit about mexicans do work even blacks wont do. Fuck him. Haitians, Africans, Chinese etc all would do that very same work. What's so special about mexicans?
The Food? The Culture? Fuck em

GET YOU HOT

Superfly Moderator
BGOL Investor
QueEx said:
`

children's futures ???

QueEx

Muscle Head is not saying nothing! We are over here flooding! :smh: And after they brushed Aaanold off like a red-headed step child when he asked for funding to fortify existing levees he is not too hot for Washington. After all, he could have saved about some millions, if it hadnt been for his call for a special interest voting measure no one wanted a few months ago.

Mexicans marched on the Capitol are were virtually IGNORED, we didnt miss them SERVING us that day and won't miss them if they locked up or gone!

Makkonnen

The Quizatz Haderach
BGOL Investor
put an immigration processing center on the route of these marches and see how many people show up

QueEx

Rising Star
Super Moderator
<font size="4">
For the Record:

Just in case the usually absent-on-real-debates BrownPride shows up, my
comments and feelings have nothing to do with "Legal migrants/Immigration".
Its the "ILLEGAL" immigrants/immigration that I have a real problem with.

QueEx</font size>

`

Makkonnen

The Quizatz Haderach
BGOL Investor
Makkonnen said:
lets have marches to legalize crack cocaine, heroine and marijuana
more Americans use those drugs illegally than there are illegal immigrants

GET YOU HOT

Superfly Moderator
BGOL Investor
Real Talk...

The light skinned Mexican Americans are racist fuckers! I had one come tell me to tell my son to keep his hands off his daughter :lol: That hot ass cunt couldn't keep her legs closed long enough to pass up any light skinned black boy she could persuade to krush. Got so bad Papi had to send her up state with her mama and the rest of the browner mexicans. Funny thing is both his kids dress in urban clothing and listen to rap music! Talk about imitation of life!

Brown Pride

Star
Registered
Makkonnen said:
Yeah lets support the mexicans!!!!!!!!!!!! They love us!!!!!!!! Remember?

mexstamp.jpg

Like I have said countless times before- fuck Al Sharpton. Ship all the mexican illegals to Guantanamo Bay too.

What's good enough for Haitians is good enough for Mexicans.

Show some proof that the ship Hatians to GIMO...............

Brown Pride

Star
Registered
QueEx said:
<font size="4">
For the Record:

Just in case the usually absent-on-real-debates BrownPride shows up, my
comments and feelings have nothing to do with "Legal migrants/Immigration".
Its the "ILLEGAL" immigrants/immigration that I have a real problem with.

QueEx</font size>

`

I see you love me and can't stop thinking about me huh quenazi?

Last edited:

QueEx

Rising Star
Super Moderator
I see that you still failed and refused to address the "real" questions. By the way, that name you continue to call me is probably contrary to the rules. But I am not mad at you BP -- I'm just disappointed thats the best you can do.

Now speak to the issues: show you are more than just another complainant of color.

QueEx

Brown Pride

Star
Registered
QueEx said:
I see that you still failed and refused to address the "real" questions. By the way, that name you continue to call me is probably contrary to the rules. But I am not mad at you BP -- I'm just disappointed thats the best you can do.

Now speak to the issues: show you are more than just another complainant of color.

QueEx

Like i all ways say ,we are indigenous to this continent and that's bottom line.

QueEx

Rising Star
Super Moderator
Brown Pride said:
Like i all ways say ,we are indigenous to this continent and that's bottom line.
So, what some call "Illegals" aren't illegal at all -- that is, they have a right to cross the Mexican border and a right to the same things (whatever that is) as U.S. citizens, is that right ???

QueEx

Brown Pride

Star
Registered
QueEx said:
So, what some call "Illegals" aren't illegal at all -- that is, they have a right to cross the Mexican border and a right to the same things (whatever that is) as U.S. citizens, is that right ???

QueEx

Ju got it mi hermano..........All of the indigenous people have been talking about it for years,we should be able to travel this whole continent because it was ours in the first place.The real illegals came from across the pond and cris colon was the first boat jumper.

QueEx

Rising Star
Super Moderator
Brown Pride said:
Ju got it mi hermano..........All of the indigenous people have been talking about it for years,we should be able to travel this whole continent because it was ours in the first place.The real illegals came from across the pond and cris colon was the first boat jumper.
<font size="4">
This is precisely the reason I raised the question: What is the Black Position on Illegal Immigration. You are not alone in your thinking. The present political debate, in my mind, among republicans and democrats is a subterfuge to the real issue.

QueEx</font size>

Brown Pride

Star
Registered
QueEx said:
<font size="4">
This is precisely the reason I raised the question: What is the Black Position on Illegal Immigration. You are not alone in your thinking. The present political debate, in my mind, among republicans and democrats is a subterfuge to the real issue.

QueEx</font size>

How do you feel about Africans talking back Africa?Thats what Whitey is afraid is going to happen to this continent.Some Blacks are playing into Whitey conquer and divide bulshit,they want you to fight us so they don't have too..... :hmm: