Warrior Attorney Alton Maddox Jr. Meets The Ancestors At 77

HAR125LEM

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Maddox passed a few weeks ago.
I haven't seen anything posted here.
The NY Media definitely didn't report it.
I attended the Funeral/Celebration this past Monday at Abyssinian Baptist.
It was a Beautiful Celebration of the Man's Life.
All The (Now) Elders I protested with during The 80s were there.

On A Personal Note...
Around the time Maddox passed,
He spoke at My Grandfather's Funeral 10 years ago the same month.
WE (family) were absolutely SHOCKED!!!
We knew My Grandfather had Community ties here in Harlem for decades.
And that He was a fervent supporter of Maddox.
But My family never expected Maddox to appear out of nowhere.

https://amsterdamnews.com/news/2023/05/02/attorney-alton-maddox-jr-laid-to-rest/

https://blackwestchester.com/celebrating-the-life-of-civil-rights-attorney-alton-h-maddox-jr/

Last edited:

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

On A Personal Note...

https://amsterdamnews.com/news/2023/05/02/attorney-alton-maddox-jr-laid-to-rest/

https://blackwestchester.com/celebrating-the-life-of-civil-rights-attorney-alton-h-maddox-jr/

Was his son Charles there, I went to school with him, while most of us was playing basketball,

His son was playing little league baseball as a catcher, he was pretty nice back then...

Not sure what he is doing now tho!

RIP to Maddox, I always felt Al Sharpton sold him out..

Was Al even at the funeral.. If not that would say a lot....!!

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

On A Personal Note...

Bruh its also crazy how, many of us dont know what are grandparents did back in the day..

How many were big part of movements back when movements actually meant something,

even though most movements like civil rights were cia controlled they crunched the numbers

and saw that if we were left alone, we would be thriving to much for them to handle,

they had to get us more involved in the sinkin shipUSA they worked so hard to keep us out of...

if only we as a group realized how WE are the ones keepin this ship afloat and get nothing for it...

but I digress,

If you could talk to Gramp PA Duke right now what would you ask him???

yureeka9

Rising Star
Platinum Member

On A Personal Note...

I'm on his foundations mailing list. I got the email last week.

HAR125LEM

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Was his son Charles there, I went to school with him, while most of us was playing basketball,

His son was playing little league baseball as a catcher, he was pretty nice back then...

Not sure what he is doing now tho!

RIP to Maddox, I always felt Al Sharpton sold him out..

Was Al even at the funeral.. If not that would say a lot....!!

Maddox's Son was there. He's was/is a Military Chaplain from what I understood. Since he was in Uniform. (at times some of the speeches were inaudible).

As for Sharpton...
Nope. He didn't show up.
That spoke volumes.
Especially if you're a 50+ Black New Yorker.
But C. Vernon Mason clarified that Sharpton and NAN did help set up the funeral and ceremonies.
And made a few statements about putting differences aside.
But I don't feel that Sharpton would have been well-received.
And I'm sure he knew that too.
There's still some bad blood between him and quite a few folks from those days.

Michael Grays from MNN's "COMMUNITY COP" was there.
He and Noel Leader from 100 Black In Law Enforcement Who Care, rip on Sharpton practically every week.

Last edited:

HAR125LEM

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Bruh its also crazy how, many of us dont know what are grandparents did back in the day..

How many were big part of movements back when movements actually meant something,

even though most movements like civil rights were cia controlled they crunched the numbers

and saw that if we were left alone, we would be thriving to much for them to handle,

they had to get us more involved in the sinkin shipUSA they worked so hard to keep us out of...

if only we as a group realized how WE are the ones keepin this ship afloat and get nothing for it...

but I digress,

If you could talk to Gramp PA Duke right now what would you ask him???

If anything,
I got all my knowledge of Black History (Locally, Domestically, and Internationally) from My Grandfather since the late 60s. He had a good library of books dealing with various Black Issues. He didn't force anything on My Sister and I. I went through much of that library Myself. When I got into Comic Books, He purchased all those GOLDEN LEGACY Comics for Me. And it went from there. I went to bookstores such as The Tree Of Life and a slew of Lectures throughout Harlem. I was doing all of that until 1990 when I left NYC for over a decade to Oregon/Washington.

Honestly,
My Grandfather was kind of against Me going out there Protesting and shit. He preferred I focus more on School and then working a City gig like He did with the MTA. I did the MTA for a bit. That shit was NOT FOR ME! LOL

Peeps don't know what is was like running into Elders like Dr. Ben, Henrik-Clarke, Van Sertima and a host of other Teachers back in those days. So there was nothing more I could have asked My Grandfather. I was with Him as He died at St. Luke's by Columbia U.

It's sad when all these Internet "Ho-Teps" shit on Elders. They have NO IDEA what many of those folks went through. I used to Monday Morning Quarterback on Movement People too. But I still knew better.

Progress shouldn't continue to mean Struggle.
But for US, it appears that it's always going to be.

Sorry for being on an extremely lengthy trip.
Now I'm waiting to see the Black NYC response to what essentially was a Racist MURDER on the subway yesterday.
But that shit has upset Me all morning.
Especially since MURDERING WHITE GUY was let go for putting a "Homeless" Black Man in a Chokehold.
I've been on TWITTER (and other spots) all Morning about that shit.

For this to happen after attending Attorney Maddox' Funeral has left Me extremely angry.
And My Black ASS was just recently hospitalized.

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
If anything,
I got all my knowledge of Black History (Locally, Domestically, and Internationally) from My Grandfather since the late 60s. He had a good library of books dealing with various Black Issues. He didn't force anything on My Sister and I. I went through much of that library Myself. When I got into Comic Books, He purchased all those GOLDEN LEGACY Comics for Me. And it went from there. I went to bookstores such as The Tree Of Life and a slew of Lectures throughout Harlem. I was doing all of that until 1990 when I left NYC for over a decade to Oregon/Washington.

Honestly,
My Grandfather was kind of against Me going out there Protesting and shit. He preferred I focus more on School and then working a City gig like He did with the MTA. I did the MTA for a bit. That shit was NOT FOR ME! LOL

Peeps don't know what is was like running into Elders like Dr. Ben, Henrik-Clarke, Van Sertima and a host of other Teachers back in those days. So there was nothing more I could have asked My Grandfather. I was with Him as He died at St. Luke's by Columbia U.

It's sad when all these Internet "Ho-Teps" shit on Elders. They have NO IDEA what many of those folks went through. I used to Monday Morning Quarterback on Movement People too. But I still knew better.

Progress shouldn't continue to mean Struggle.
But for US, it appears that it's always going to be.

Sorry for being on an extremely lengthy trip.
Now I'm waiting to see the Black NYC response to what essentially was a Racist MURDER on the subway yesterday.
Especially since MURDERING WHITE GUY was let go for putting a "Homeless" Black Man in a Chokehold.

For this to happen after attending Attorney Maddox' Funeral has left Me extremely angry.
And My Black ASS was just recently hospitalized.

Wow you went from Harlem to Portland, bruh you GOT a STORY to tell there,

thats like a gatdam netflix series, bruh from Chocolate Harlem moves to Pasty Ass Portland..

which I didnt realize had a sizable bruh Population, then I got jealous when I seen this bruh out there,

fishing for FRESH SALMON..

but even he was lowkey sayin cacs be on some shit out there and there are a few sundown towns In

Orgeon whats your take on that...

As far as the bruh on the subway, yea thats crazy how nypd let him walk, but you cant be that surprised,

its like they get more federal money if the people they keep in jail are shades of brown, the darker

the shade the more money they get...

the way he choked that bruh out is the same way

Eric Garner was murdered... the exact same chokehold....

when you choke someone like that, you are TRYING to kill them..

since ebikes and mopeds lots bruhs dont be on the subways like that anymore...

not saying its the case but IF that cac snuck up on him from behind, thats definitely a first

degree murder charge...

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Maddox's Son was there. He's was/is a Military Chaplain from what I understood. Since he was in Uniform. (at times some of the speeches were inaudible).

As for Sharpton...
Nope. He didn't show up.
That spoke volumes.
Especially if you're a 50+ Black New Yorker.
But C. Vernon Mason clarified that Sharpton and NAN did help set up the funeral and ceremonies.
And made a few statements about putting differences aside.
But I don't feel that Sharpton would have been well-received.
And I'm sure he knew that too.
There's still some bad blood between him and quite a few folks from those days.

Michael Grays from MNN's "COMMUNITY COP" was there.
He and Noel Leader from 100 Black In Law Enforcement Who Care, rip on Sharpton practically every week.
Yea I think sharpton did some real shady shit that fuck them up during the Tawana Brawly

rape investigation, many years later it came out sharpton was literally working for the feds,

He said it was to help get rid of drug dealers but.. I think its a little more than that..

you aint lying the fact he wasnt there speaks volumes, anybody can throw money at a situation,

dont get me wrong, I know it helped, but nothing makes up for payin Respect.... for all they been through,

thats sayin alot... sharpton got that bag fo sho!!

RIP POWER To ALTON AND YOUR GRAMP DUKES bruh!!

HAR125LEM

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Wow you went from Harlem to Portland, bruh you GOT a STORY to tell there,

thats like a gatdam netflix series, bruh from Chocolate Harlem moves to Pasty Ass Portland..

which I didnt realize had a sizable bruh Population, then I got jealous when I seen this bruh out there,

fishing for FRESH SALMON..

but even he was lowkey sayin cacs be on some shit out there and there are a few sundown towns In

Orgeon whats your take on that...

As far as the bruh on the subway, yea thats crazy how nypd let him walk, but you cant be that surprised,

its like they get more federal money if the people they keep in jail are shades of brown, the darker

the shade the more money they get...

the way he choked that bruh out is the same way

Eric Garner was murdered... the exact same chokehold....

when you choke someone like that, you are TRYING to kill them..

since ebikes and mopeds lots bruhs dont be on the subways like that anymore...

not saying its the case but IF that cac snuck up on him from behind, thats definitely a first

degree murder charge...

Yeah.
I got TONS of Oregon stories. LOL
I'll tell you one.
These days working in the Grocery Industry for the last 17 years here in NYC.
I absolutely HATE the way peeps (especially the youngbloods I work with) pronounce "SALMON".
I'm always like, "THE "L" IS FUCKIN' SILENT!" LOL
It used to drive My White ex-GirlFriend (Hey! It was OREGON! LOL) crazy when I said it that way.
And everything I learned and did regarding Fishing I learned from Her and her family.
Didn't Hunt with them.
But I gained an appreciation for Game like Venison.

And I really hope what happened with that young cat who was chokehold by Random White Guy in the Subway,
Will be a Wake-Up Call for Black People here and Everywhere.
But I sadly doubt it.
It's like WE haven't learned shit after Trayvon Martin, etc.
Whites (among others) are going to keep getting away with killing US on a whim.
Because for the most part, they know the system works in their favor.
I really wish WE (younger set) would stop killing one another and realize this shit.
Because I really believe it's all going to go down at some point.
And how everyone else is On Code except US!

HAR125LEM

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Yea I think sharpton did some real shady shit that fuck them up during the Tawana Brawly

rape investigation, many years later it came out sharpton was literally working for the feds,

He said it was to help get rid of drug dealers but.. I think its a little more than that..

you aint lying the fact he wasnt there speaks volumes, anybody can throw money at a situation,

dont get me wrong, I know it helped, but nothing makes up for payin Respect.... for all they been through,

I want to say this too about that Funeral, Freddy,
Tawana Brawley came up a lot during the ceremony.
And I'll be honest.
I don't know what to believe regarding that case anymore.
I hope like the Young Bloods of the Central Park Jogger Case,
The truth will eventually come out.
But that shit ended up destroying Maddox, Mason, and quite a few other folks.
And Brawley has been quiet for years.
In a sense, Sharpton ended up being smart. For HIMSELF!

I used to protest with Sharpton against various Crack houses in my area.
So while I think it is true He was working with Feds to rid the Communities of Drugs and Dealers here,
I also believe that Sharpton ended up selling folks out too.
Thus diluting The Black Voices in this city who truly wanted to make a difference.

But Sharpton practically stopped this City from being another Rioting, Burning 60s.
And WE had a lot of reasons to explode here during The 80s.
I'm still on the fence of whether that was a good or bad thing decades later.

Thanks for The GrandDad Shout-Out!

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yeah.
I got TONS of Oregon stories. LOL
I'll tell you one.
These days working in the Grocery Industry for the last 17 years here in NYC.
I absolutely HATE the way peeps (especially the youngbloods I work with) pronounce "SALMON".
I'm always like, "THE "L" IS FUCKIN' SILENT!" LOL
It used to drive My White ex-GirlFriend (Hey! It was OREGON! LOL) crazy when I said it that way.
And everything I learned and did regarding Fishing I learned from Her and her family.
Didn't Hunt with them.
But I gained an appreciation for Game like Venison.

And I really hope what happened with that young cat who was chokehold by Random White Guy in the Subway,
Will be a Wake-Up Call for Black People here and Everywhere.
But I sadly doubt it.
It's like WE haven't learned shit after Trayvon Martin, etc.
Whites (among others) are going to keep getting away with killing US on a whim.
Because for the most part, they know the system works in their favor.
I really wish WE (younger set) would stop killing one another and realize this shit.
Because I really believe it's all going to go down at some point.
And how everyone else is On Code except US!

Get the fuck outta here, you dont pronounce the L in Salmon,

well Ill be a SAL MON saying ass knigga.. lol thanks for that tidbit

yea I aint surprised you had a few beckys out there, I knew this puerto rican

dude that went out there, and fell in love with it, but I knew deep down he like

that becky coochie.. lol

He is the one that said there was a dwight buoy that told him there are some areas in orgeon

he is not tryin to be walkin around in at night... and that there is a heavy kkk/militia presence out there..

He said Portland was cool and there were some other places a bruh could relax, he took some beautiful

nature shots... and said he loves it here, and showed me a fuckin zip lock bag of big buds, that would

easily go for over a stack.in nyc.. he said he paid less than a hundred for it... he bragged about knowing

the grower and getting free herb all the time....

so you living out there for now or did you move back to nyc...

I love nyc but I cant wait to hit up a nice clean beach or go tubing in a river..

Now ask me if I ever been tubing in a river??? LOL

Nah but its on the ascension list!!!!

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I want to say this too about that Funeral, Freddy,
Tawana Brawley came up a lot during the ceremony.
And I'll be honest.
I don't know what to believe regarding that case anymore.
I hope like the Young Bloods of the Central Park Jogger Case,
The truth will eventually come out.
But that shit ended up destroying Maddox, Mason, and quite a few other folks.
And Brawley has been quiet for years.
In a sense, Sharpton ended up being smart. For HIMSELF!

I used to protest with Sharpton against various Crack houses in my area.
So while I think it is true He was working with Feds to rid the Communities of Drugs and Dealers here,
I also believe that Sharpton ended up selling folks out too.
Thus diluting The Black Voices in this city who truly wanted to make a difference.

But Sharpton practically stopped this City from being another Rioting, Burning 60s.
And WE had a lot of reasons to explode here during The 80s.
I'm still on the fence of whether that was a good or bad thing decades later.

Thanks for The GrandDad Shout-Out!
All you gotta now about the Tawana Brawly case is that... one of the dudes

she said raped her.. SHOT HIMSELF AND THEY COULDNT FIND THE GUN... how can a dude

commit suicide with a gun and nobody could find the gun.. right there I KNEW fuckery was afoot,

then the dude she accused was the son of a fuckin JUDGE... like that faggot zimmerman...

and then when I found out years later sharpton was fed, I was like I wouldnt be surprised if he

was feeding information to the OPPS so they could block any justice for Tawana...

I aint saying its a fact sharpton sold out, but its pretty strange how they never became cool anymore

after the case...

I believe her..tho... she went up against white boys whose parents literally ran the lil racist town

they lived in, she really didnt stand a chance back in those days... but chea, a dude she accused

commited suicide and they couldnt find the gun... I knew right then the whole case was fixed from the jump..

RunawaySlave

Zeitgeist
BGOL Investor
The legacy of Attorney Alton Maddox should be: SPEAK UP on that shit because no one else will BUT us.
His legacy will live on. Every time I pass Fulton Street and Bedford, I think about the SLAVE Theater and the talks he had there.

jackson35

Rising Star
Registered

you do know sharpton got a lot of Italian and jewish mobster on tape admitting they were stealing money from all of your fav artist. u do know black artist were complaining that they were not seeing money necause of the mob

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
you do know sharpton got a lot of Italian and jewish mobster on tape admitting they were stealing money from all of your fav artist. u do know black artist were complaining that they were not seeing money necause of the mob

I know sharpton can talk his way out of anything and has on many occassions...