Vince Mcmahon senile & in denial

c_commander

Up and Coming Asshole
BGOL Investor
There it is. Even when he took over WCW he shit on everybody from there. The Natural Born Thrillers should have been a stable that was kept together and given a chance. Sean O'Hair, Mark Jendrak, Chuck Polumbo and Johnny Stamboli all got shit on. Mike Sanders probably the best new mouthpiece in WCW didn't get picked up, and honestly fuck Reno and Staziak. Hell even TNA dropped the ball by not pickin these cats up.

naturalbornthrillers.jpg

It looked like O'Haire was gonna do alrite for the short period that he was being given vignients and then made into Roddy Piper's cohort and muscle. the others got screwed. And apparently Mike Sanders ended up in Paul Heyman's doghouse(or the rumors say that he did) and that was the end.

Here is an apparent interview with Sanders http://dropkick.podbean.com/2009/03/21/march-21st-w-mike-sanders-two-weeks-before-the-big-one/

People are right about Vince having problems putting his money behind anything that he didn't create. I think that's the main reason why the Invasion angle didn't work and that he didn't turn the young WCW guys who were given a push there into stars.

Last edited:

GULLAH JACK

D.R.O.P. SQUAD General
BGOL Investor
wrestlingbay.com & newsgroups have a lot of Japanese wrestling matches to download.

Speaking of Japanese wrestling, I'll be at a Dragon Gate show later this month. :dance:

I went to wrestlingbay and it said
-=REGISTRATION IS CLOSED, THIS BOARD IS INVITE ONLY=-

:(

Deltronz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I can give one invite at the moment (another next month I think). Whoever PMs me 1st will get an invite this month.

dirtyd

Rising Star
Registered
Hell dragon gate even sounds more serious than wwe. I know it's all fixed but i like the japanese promotions, because they still use terms like supercard,cup, and tournaments it just makes it seem more realistic.

Deltronz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Hell dragon gate even sounds more serious than wwe. I know it's all fixed but i like the japanese promotions, because they still use terms like supercard,cup, and tournaments it just makes it seem more realistic.

:yes:

kness.

Support BGOL
Registered

Dragon Gate is probably my favorite wrestling promotion right now. Its easy to follow, even though you don't know what they are saying, and I like the fast paced style. This site has lots of Dragon Gate videos: http://dragongate.sethpowell.com/

Deltronz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Dragon Gate is probably my favorite wrestling promotion right now. Its easy to follow, even though you don't know what they are saying, and I like the fast paced style. This site has lots of Dragon Gate videos: http://dragongate.sethpowell.com/

Dragon Gate & Chikara have a lot in common. Dragon Gate's influence on Chikara is pretty obvious. Plus, some of the same trainers for wrestlers in Dragon Gate also trained many of the Chikara wrestlers. Recently, Dragon Gate & Chikara have done joint shows in the US & Japan. :cool:

Dragon Gate USA has opened too, and they feature some Chikara talent.

Sorry, I can't help but plug Chikara every chance I get.:D

Out of Japan, Dragon Gate might be my 2nd favorite promotion (I'm a hardcore NJPW fan). NOAH isn't far behind Dragon Gate for me (I like them nearly equally). My interest in AJPW basically died after Misawa (RIP) made NOAH.

kness.

Support BGOL
Registered
Dragon Gate & Chikara have a lot in common. Dragon Gate's influence on Chikara is pretty obvious. Plus, some of the same trainers for wrestlers in Dragon Gate also trained many of the Chikara wrestlers. Recently, Dragon Gate & Chikara have done joint shows in the US & Japan. :cool:

Dragon Gate USA has opened too, and they feature some Chikara talent.

Sorry, I can't help but plug Chikara every chance I get.:D

Out of Japan, Dragon Gate might be my 2nd favorite promotion (I'm a hardcore NJPW fan). NOAH isn't far behind Dragon Gate for me (I like them nearly equally). My interest in AJPW basically died after Misawa (RIP) made NOAH.

I heard that chikara had a good 8 man tag on the DGUSA show. I look forward to seeing it when the ppv comes out. I don't keep up with NOAH and New Japan as much as I used to, I try to watch the big matches. the last NOAH I saw was the March Budokan Hall show, which was great overall.

dirtyd

Rising Star
Registered
My friend was living in japan and he took one of his boys to a wrestling match i forget whic promotion, but his friend made the mistake of calling it fake and he said some dudes that looked like triads were staring a hole through that mofo. If there's one thing you don't do in japan it's called wrestling fake:lol::lol:

Deltronz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I heard that chikara had a good 8 man tag on the DGUSA show. I look forward to seeing it when the ppv comes out. I don't keep up with NOAH and New Japan as much as I used to, I try to watch the big matches. the last NOAH I saw was the March Budokan Hall show, which was great overall.

I'm really looking forward to that PPV too. The likes Gran Akuma & Mike Quakenbush (I'm sure I spelled his name wrong :lol: ) against the likes of CIMA & Dragon Kid has me like this :eek:

xspade7

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I agree Vince is running out of ideas. This what happens when you have no competition. It'll be interested what happens after 2010 who survive WWE, TNA, ROH or another company will enter the picture?

roster

Star
Registered
When Vince bought WCW...that killed it all...no competition

It's true. Vince has been on cruise control ever since.

Plus, truth be told Vince is GENIUS at improving on other people's creations and since there is no competition we have the result of what may very well be the most boring time in pro wrestling history since the advent of Wrestlemania.

Look at it like this:

Hulk Hogan was already a BRAND NAME through Rocky III. Vince used that brand name power and increased the value of Hulkamania.

He took the idea of a SuperBowl of Wrestling from NWA with Starrcade and improved on it with WrestleMania.

He improved on the old Hogan/Andre series to make it THE essential match in Mania history.

He had Ricky Steamboat and Savage put on a clinic that upped the ante for new age pro wrestling stricly by accident and sheer talent of those two.

Things started to slide in the early 90's when Hogan's mainstream appeal was declining.

He got rid of Hogan and company for the likes of purer wrestlers such as Bret Hart, but still failed miserably with Kevin Nash(who had better matches in wwf, but was marketed better in wcw). Hart and HBK were basically doing what Flair did for the NWA in the 80's by being workrate horses carrying the company at a time when star power was lacking.

Nitro comes on the air and forces Vince to change after getting his tail kicked for 80 plus weeks on monday nights. He starts to LISTEN to HBK, HHH, and Vince Russo that his product was too cartoonish and needed to be more like Paul Heyman's ecw. The monday night wars heat up.

He wins the war and single handily crushes the dream storyline of 20 plus yeas with Invasion. He screws up the NWO angle. He screws up Flair's return. He screws up Goldberg's return. He screws up the brand split at the beginning. He screws up with Lesnar. They have even screwed up Cena's drawing power imo.

IMO, the company is lucky they have such a powerful lineage and image that they haven't completely wiped out their fanbase with this mediocre crap.

dirtyd

Rising Star
Registered
It's true. Vince has been on cruise control ever since.

Plus, truth be told Vince is GENIUS at improving on other people's creations and since there is no competition we have the result of what may very well be the most boring time in pro wrestling history since the advent of Wrestlemania.

Look at it like this:

Hulk Hogan was already a BRAND NAME through Rocky III. Vince used that brand name power and increased the value of Hulkamania.

He took the idea of a SuperBowl of Wrestling from NWA with Starrcade and improved on it with WrestleMania.

He improved on the old Hogan/Andre series to make it THE essential match in Mania history.

He had Ricky Steamboat and Savage put on a clinic that upped the ante for new age pro wrestling stricly by accident and sheer talent of those two.

Things started to slide in the early 90's when Hogan's mainstream appeal was declining.

He got rid of Hogan and company for the likes of purer wrestlers such as Bret Hart, but still failed miserably with Kevin Nash(who had better matches in wwf, but was marketed better in wcw). Hart and HBK were basically doing what Flair did for the NWA in the 80's by being workrate horses carrying the company at a time when star power was lacking.

Nitro comes on the air and forces Vince to change after getting his tail kicked for 80 plus weeks on monday nights. He starts to LISTEN to HBK, HHH, and Vince Russo that his product was too cartoonish and needed to be more like Paul Heyman's ecw. The monday night wars heat up.

He wins the war and single handily crushes the dream storyline of 20 plus yeas with Invasion. He screws up the NWO angle. He screws up Flair's return. He screws up Goldberg's return. He screws up the brand split at the beginning. He screws up with Lesnar. They have even screwed up Cena's drawing power imo.

IMO, the company is lucky they have such a powerful lineage and image that they haven't completely wiped out their fanbase with this mediocre crap.

C/S but left out some things.

I believe the royal rumble was created by pat patterson and is always one of the most anticipated events.

Stone Cold and The Rock made themselves stars but he always gets credit for them.

Goldberg was always overrated and he only looked good in wcw because they had like 600 jobbers for him to run through.

I don't blame him for lesnar because lesnar didn't have the heart to stay.

It was cena who came up with the thuganomics gimmick but guess who gets credit.

I can't even believe this but he wanted hhh to end taker's streak but taker has been adamant that it be kane.

What's happening now is the walls are closing in and he trying to find someone to blame but he can't.

Upgrade Dave

Rising Star
Registered
There it is. Even when he took over WCW he shit on everybody from there. The Natural Born Thrillers should have been a stable that was kept together and given a chance. Sean O'Hair, Mark Jendrak, Chuck Polumbo and Johnny Stamboli all got shit on. Mike Sanders probably the best new mouthpiece in WCW didn't get picked up, and honestly fuck Reno and Staziak. Hell even TNA dropped the ball by not pickin these cats up.

naturalbornthrillers.jpg

Good point. I thought Jindrak, O'Haire, and Palumbo had real potential but only O'Haire came close to using it. They buried them so badly, there was nothing left for TNA to pick up. You can't push a guy who everyone's seen get jobbed out every week. That's the difference between getting them and their acquistions of Matt Morgan and Elijah Burke, neither of whom were there long enough to be embarassed.

Upgrade Dave

Rising Star
Registered
C/S but left out some things.

I believe the royal rumble was created by pat patterson and is always one of the most anticipated events.

Stone Cold and The Rock made themselves stars but he always gets credit for them.

Goldberg was always overrated and he only looked good in wcw because they had like 600 jobbers for him to run through.
I don't blame him for lesnar because lesnar didn't have the heart to stay.

It was cena who came up with the thuganomics gimmick but guess who gets credit.

I can't even believe this but he wanted hhh to end taker's streak but taker has been adamant that it be kane.
What's happening now is the walls are closing in and he trying to find someone to blame but he can't.

Goldberg was a great draw and Vince did fuck up his run in the company. This one, more than some others, smelled of HHH playing politics. Goldberg drew the biggest crowds and some of the highest ratings and they fixed something that wasn't broken. They left a ton of money on the table by screwing up with Goldberg.

Kane will never end 'Taker's streak at Mania. Out of the guys on the roster, it most likely will be John Cena. He's already wrestled Kane at Mania twice and gone over twice. Kane's a midcarder and his days of main eventing are long over.

Winchesta Heat

Star
Registered
Ok, I am being long winded, but here is my last point. If he wants to build new stars, he must be willing to set aside his current ones. It's just like in Hip-Hop... Jay-Z for example, as long as he campaigns to hold the crown as the best lyricist, he is holding other artists back. The veterans need to be willing to bow out to help the game move forward (no pun intended).

Apples and oranges. Two entirely different beasts. At the same time, sure, the young lions with obvious talent need to get some shine. Gotta know what's next on deck. But you still have to EARN your spot. Nobody's gonna just bow out and hand off jackshit. The sooner cats comprehend this, the sooner both games progress. :hmm:

Nochturnal

C.S.I.
BGOL Investor
Good point. I thought Jindrak, O'Haire, and Palumbo had real potential but only O'Haire came close to using it. They buried them so badly, there was nothing left for TNA to pick up. You can't push a guy who everyone's seen get jobbed out every week. That's the difference between getting them and their acquistions of Matt Morgan and Elijah Burke, neither of whom were there long enough to be embarassed.

O'Haire was never pinned in the WWE, Vince refused to run with him. That cat could beat everybody on that roster at the time, but because he was from WCW, Vince said fuck him. What a dumb ass...

Last edited:

dirtyd

Rising Star
Registered
Goldberg was a great draw and Vince did fuck up his run in the company. This one, more than some others, smelled of HHH playing politics. Goldberg drew the biggest crowds and some of the highest ratings and they fixed something that wasn't broken. They left a ton of money on the table by screwing up with Goldberg.

Kane will never end 'Taker's streak at Mania. Out of the guys on the roster, it most likely will be John Cena. He's already wrestled Kane at Mania twice and gone over twice. Kane's a midcarder and his days of main eventing are long over.

Oh no doubt he didn't get a big run because of hhh, but the problem with bill is he tends to get exposed alot.

Taker said he wanted kane to beat him, but kane has gone on record of saying he didn't want to. What's great about those two is they really act like they are brothers, and that's why they work well together.

DolphinBoy

Star
Registered

naturalbornthrillers.jpg

That was the squad in WCWs final days :lol: :yes:
Shit I still remember Jindrak & O'Haire's first match in WCW. Those niggas had WCW Worldwide on lock before the NBT formed. So much potential wasted :smh:

Last edited:

tp2001

Star
Registered
Goldberg was a great draw and Vince did fuck up his run in the company. This one, more than some others, smelled of HHH playing politics.

Man I remember when Goldberg was in WWE, he had another streak...And then there was a triple threat match or a fatal 4 way with him, HHH, and I think Kane was in it...At the end of the match, Triple H beat Goldberg with a ROLLUP PIN. How in the world can anyone with the gimmick like Goldberg be defeated by a rollup?! Didn't make sense then, still doesn't make sense now...

Kane will never end 'Taker's streak at Mania. Out of the guys on the roster, it most likely will be John Cena.

:angry::angry::angry:

That BETTER not happen...Me (and a lot of other fans) would be fuming if he let Cena beat him at Wrestlemania. IMO, the wrestlers that either had a chance to beat him or those that he should allow to beat him, he's already defeated (Kane, HBK, Batista, Orton, Edge). Other than those guys and maybe Kozlov (who has already beaten him), there's no one else out there...

xspade7

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
That was the squad in WCWs final days :lol: :yes:
Shit I still remember Jindrak & O'Haire's first match in WCW. Those niggas had WCW Worldwide on lock before the NBT formed. So much potential wasted :smh:

I gave up on WCW in Jan. 2000 but through tape/dvd trading I enjoyed WCW 2001.

Dirtylakerie

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Yeah vince really is running out of ideas starting to be like wcw before they completely collapsed. Reasons I stopped watching was the dum shit with the cheerleader wrestling thing, the boogey man, wwe divas(trying to wrestle) and 2-man dx(come on). I dont know something about all that bullshit was just off. I only recently started watching smackdown again with the jeff hardy/cm punk angle. I think wwe will probaly crash in a couple of years if they cant do something soon.

dirtyd

Rising Star
Registered
Yeah vince really is running out of ideas starting to be like wcw before they completely collapsed. Reasons I stopped watching was the dum shit with the cheerleader wrestling thing, the boogey man, wwe divas(trying to wrestle) and 2-man dx(come on). I dont know something about all that bullshit was just off. I only recently started watching smackdown again with the jeff hardy/cm punk angle. I think wwe will probaly crash in a couple of years if they cant do something soon.

They'll never crash but he needs to realize that cena and hhh are not the future.

Upgrade Dave

Rising Star
Registered
Vince will continue to shit on what he didn't create. quote]

A clear example of that is christian, he got himself over with the captain charisma name and vince & Co decided not to renew his contract. Hell he even had everyone in fcw change their name so he could have the rights to it. It's clear as day why rock and austin both gave vince the finger, because he was trying to control them and they were about as untouchable as it gets. What's funny though is triple h's speech back in 99 about how the company held him down and now he's doing the same, as the old saying goes "karma's a bitch" just wait and see.

That's not quite right. They were interested in re-signing Christian but he walked away. He didn't think they would make him a top guy and would get that opportunity in TNA. He's the first wrestler to willingly walk away from WWE for TNA.

Upgrade Dave

Rising Star
Registered
:angry::angry::angry:

That BETTER not happen...Me (and a lot of other fans) would be fuming if he let Cena beat him at Wrestlemania. IMO, the wrestlers that either had a chance to beat him or those that he should allow to beat him, he's already defeated (Kane, HBK, Batista, Orton, Edge). Other than those guys and maybe Kozlov (who has already beaten him), there's no one else out there...

Out of all of his opponents, I thought he should have lost to Flair, Batista, and Edge. When he wrestled Flair, that's when they really started pushing "The Streak" and he was behaving as a heel, even attacking his son in a restroom. I thought Batista and Edge could have benefitted greatly from the rub of beating Taker at Mania. But since they both had great runs with him through the months after Mania and both beat him in rematches, I'm cool with them.

daLedurO3

Support BGOL
Registered
Angelina Love (of the Beautiful People) just got fired from TNA because of Visa issues. Vince should hire her because she has the look, interview skills and she can wrestle. She has potential to be big in this sport.

What u mean Visa issues...? :confused:

& I think VINCE should "PROMOTE" this guy...
I believe this dude will be an ICON in the WWE! Vince better not let him go!

2m7fdc4.jpg

Upgrade Dave

Rising Star
Registered
She's Canadian and her work visa expired, so they had to let her go. Hopefully they can get her back because The Beautiful People are the best booked heel group and top female heels in wrestling.

Jack Swagger's got a lot of talent but his lisp is annoying. Back in the day, he would have gotten a manager to do most of his talking.
His chances of being a real star depend on whether they make him US champ soon. I see a good series coming up with him, Carlito, Miz, and champ Kofi Kingston. If he's not US champ and moving towards feuding with HHH or Batista by Royal Rumble, he's done.
As long as he's on Raw, they'll never let him outshine Randy Orton.