Vince Mcmahon senile & in denial

tp2001

Star
Registered
Out of all of his opponents, I thought he should have lost to Flair, Batista, and Edge.

I could understand Flair being the one to beat him, as a "return the favor" type deal for them...But you did mention the streak was about to get more notoriety then so WWE couldn't stop it then...

Batista? No...Maybe had the chance for it, but that was a no go. For one, as with Edge, he was going to win a Backlash or at another PPV after Wrestlemania...What had me disappointed at Batista was that HITC match against Taker where Edge came in...I don't know how that was booked, but Batista was horrible in that match...Add the crappy performance against Umaga (who should've gotten that win) and that did it for me as having him be the guy...

Now Edge is probably the closest one out of all of them because he had just about everything...The talent, mic skills, charisma, all of that...Edge has...They put on a hell of a match in Wrestlemania and in that HITC match when Taker returned...He's probably the best overall guy that they have out there now (over Orton, Y2J, and J. Hardy)

kness.

Support BGOL
Registered
Dragon Gate & Chikara have a lot in common. Dragon Gate's influence on Chikara is pretty obvious. Plus, some of the same trainers for wrestlers in Dragon Gate also trained many of the Chikara wrestlers. Recently, Dragon Gate & Chikara have done joint shows in the US & Japan. :cool:

Dragon Gate USA has opened too, and they feature some Chikara talent.

Sorry, I can't help but plug Chikara every chance I get.:D

Out of Japan, Dragon Gate might be my 2nd favorite promotion (I'm a hardcore NJPW fan). NOAH isn't far behind Dragon Gate for me (I like them nearly equally). My interest in AJPW basically died after Misawa (RIP) made NOAH.

I watched the DGUSA PPV yesterday. Great show, btw. I think the CIMA/Susumu vs Young Bucks was the best match. I really liked Yamato/Hulk and Doi/Shingo as well. The Chikara match was very good. They really made a good showing for themselves. Mike Quackenbush looks like some indy wrestler, but he is very good. I'll have to check out some Chikara matches sometime.

Upgrade Dave

Rising Star
Registered
I could understand Flair being the one to beat him, as a "return the favor" type deal for them...But you did mention the streak was about to get more notoriety then so WWE couldn't stop it then...

Batista? No...Maybe had the chance for it, but that was a no go. For one, as with Edge, he was going to win a Backlash or at another PPV after Wrestlemania...What had me disappointed at Batista was that HITC match against Taker where Edge came in...I don't know how that was booked, but Batista was horrible in that match...Add the crappy performance against Umaga (who should've gotten that win) and that did it for me as having him be the guy...

Now Edge is probably the closest one out of all of them because he had just about everything...The talent, mic skills, charisma, all of that...Edge has...They put on a hell of a match in Wrestlemania and in that HITC match when Taker returned...He's probably the best overall guy that they have out there now (over Orton, Y2J, and J. Hardy)

I would pick Edge over Batista but Big Dave was as hot as he was when he beat HHH and I thought it was time for Taker to put over a (not by much) younger guy. But given Batista's injuries since, it's worked out for the best.
But Edge and Taker tore it up for the rest of the spring/summer and Edge then went on to have great matches with Jeff Hardy and he walked into Mania with an undefeated streak too.
I'm interested to see how they book Taker and CM Punk. Of course Punk should get a screw job win at Breaking Point but you never know with them.

LeroyDibiase

Rising Star
Registered
Yeah vince really is running out of ideas starting to be like wcw before they completely collapsed. Reasons I stopped watching was the dum shit with the cheerleader wrestling thing, the boogey man, wwe divas(trying to wrestle) and 2-man dx(come on). I dont know something about all that bullshit was just off. I only recently started watching smackdown again with the jeff hardy/cm punk angle. I think wwe will probaly crash in a couple of years if they cant do something soon.

The funny thing is...WCW at the end kept it simple. It was just wrasslin. Just like back in the NWA days. None of that WWF-lite bullshit. Simple matches, and it was working.

Deltronz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I watched the DGUSA PPV yesterday. Great show, btw. I think the CIMA/Susumu vs Young Bucks was the best match. I really liked Yamato/Hulk and Doi/Shingo as well. The Chikara match was very good. They really made a good showing for themselves. Mike Quackenbush looks like some indy wrestler, but he is very good. I'll have to check out some Chikara matches sometime.

I plan on watching the Dragon Gate USA PPV tonight. Definitely don't sleep on Chikara. Hands down my favorite indies promotion in the US (and generally the most entertaining American federation for me these days with it's great mix of wrestling, comedy, and fan interaction). If you're going to start out with a show, I'd recommend seeing their King of Trios 2008 or 2009 3 day shows. You will be hooked after that.:yes: To date, I have yet to see any Chikara shows I didn't enjoy. But definitely don't start with the "best of Chikara" release, as Shane Storm is heavily featured on there for whatever reason (must be one of Quakenbush's weed carriers :smh: ) and his off timing and sloppiness brings every match down. Fortunately, he changed gimmicks and works a style that generally hides his weaknesses these days.

There are so many things that both Dragon Gate and Chikara have in common that it's mind-boggling that wrestlers on Dragon Gate USA's roster include many Chikara people.:eek:

Speaking of Dragon Gate, I went their live show 2 weekends ago (they came to my area of Fukuoka). It was the 2nd best live wrestling show EVER. My seating was great too, as the wrestlers had to walk right beside me to get to the ring, so I'm certain I made it onto TV. CIMA even called out to me at one point, and a heel wrestler, whose name I can't recall, used the chair I was sitting in the bash his opponent in the face.

Next live wrestling show I'll get to see is NOAH, so I look forward to that.:cool:

Upgrade Dave

Rising Star
Registered
I plan on watching the Dragon Gate USA PPV tonight. Definitely don't sleep on Chikara. Hands down my favorite indies promotion in the US (and generally the most entertaining American federation for me these days with it's great mix of wrestling, comedy, and fan interaction). If you're going to start out with a show, I'd recommend seeing their King of Trios 2008 or 2009 3 day shows. You will be hooked after that.:yes: To date, I have yet to see any Chikara shows I didn't enjoy. But definitely don't start with the "best of Chikara" release, as Shane Storm is heavily featured on there for whatever reason (must be one of Quakenbush's weed carriers :smh: ) and his off timing and sloppiness brings every match down. Fortunately, he changed gimmicks and works a style that generally hides his weaknesses these days.

There are so many things that both Dragon Gate and Chikara have in common that it's mind-boggling that wrestlers on Dragon Gate USA's roster include many Chikara people.:eek:

Speaking of Dragon Gate, I went their live show 2 weekends ago (they came to my area of Fukuoka). It was the 2nd best live wrestling show EVER. My seating was great too, as the wrestlers had to walk right beside me to get to the ring, so I'm certain I made it onto TV. CIMA even called out to me at one point, and a heel wrestler, whose name I can't recall, used the chair I was sitting in the bash his opponent in the face.

Next live wrestling show I'll get to see is NOAH, so I look forward to that.:cool:

The hope for both of these companies (and ROH) is WWE catches fire again and TNA's ratings continue to improve. Then more mainstream cable networks will be willing to air these companies. ROH's HDNet deal hasn't done them much good since HDNet doesn't have a lot of saturation. DirecTV didn't even carry the latest CHIKARA ppv this month, like they have anything better to air that week.

kness.

Support BGOL
Registered

I bet it was cool seeing a full DG show in person. Was that show the one where they did the Brave Gate tournament? If I remember correctly, the lineup for that show looked good. I wanted to see how Naoki did winning his first DG title.