Tom Petty, legendary rocker, is dead at 66

OutlawR.O.C.

R.I.P. shanebp1978
BGOL Investor
I hope you are right.
Just heard he was taken off life support. He has a do not resuscitate order in place.

HNIC

Yeah not dead yet but apparently even if he's still on life support its just a matter of time.

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Like waves crashin' in the beach
And for one desperate moment there
He crept back in her memory
God it's so painful
Something that's so close
And still so far out of reeeach...

oh yea..

allright..

take it easy tommy

rest real tight

he was

a cool american dude!!!

gdatruth

A Man Apart
Certified Pussy Poster
wtf...another one but Trump old racist ass still kicking

RIP...thoughts & prayers to his family, friends & fans

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
But this is the Song... that introduced him to me.

People don't get that back when this dropped.. Video was still new. This shit and that Genesis "Land of Confusion".. use to mess with my head.

My brother from another

That is what this generation has lost...

All the gains from radio back in the day, mtv, kazaa, Napster etc?

Is lost

We listened to EVERYTHING.

PERIOD.

You could be a run DMC culture club Tom petty janet jackson bon jovi shabba ranks fan in the hood...

Everyone would respect it

Now?

With streaming, satellite, corporate radio, etc...

No one ventures out of their comfort zone.

Last edited:

Entrepronegro

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
He's brain dead. I hope this isn't one of those cases where the family keeps him 'alive' for weeks/months and drags it out in court. Let the man die in peace.
Yeah they need to let him rest in peace, I hate when families be so selfish and do these type of things.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...ty-life-support-suffering-cardiac-arrest.html

44F8DA6A00000578-4942072-The_final_picture_Tom_Petty_front_right_is_seen_backstage_after_-m-19_1506978880308.jpg
44F891ED00000578-4942072-As_he_was_Petty_is_seen_performing_in_Britain_back_in_1978-m-4_1506974581758.jpg

ThaBurgerPimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Petty passed away at 8:40 PM at UCLA Medical Center. It’s fair to say the world will not be the same without him.

Just when I thought today could not get any worse…
R.I.P. Tom Petty. Thank you for your beautiful music and inspiration.

— Kid Rock (@KidRock)

My ❤️ goes out to all the people affected by the horrible shooting in Las Vegas, & to family,friends & fans of Tom Petty, of which I'm one.

— Carole King (@Carole_King)

This is unbearable. Vegas and now a great music hero has passed. You brought us so much joy, @tompetty. We will miss you. ❤️ #RIPTomPetty

— Sheryl Crow (@SherylCrow)

I loved Tom Petty and I covered his songs because I wanted know what it felt like to fly.
“you belong somewhere you feel free.”

— John Mayer (@JohnMayer)

Damn ….Tom Petty I remember standing backstage w him & he tells me 'Go Get Em at a. Presentation #rockAnointed

— Chuck D (@MrChuckD)

I can't believe we have lost Tom Petty on this already horrible day. My love to his wife & children and the entire Heartbreaker family.

— Peter Frampton (@peterframpton)

No! We have lost Tom Petty. From our opening act in the seventies to becoming a brilliant songwriter and performer I have loved his music. pic.twitter.com/yhyPCfm2l6

— Paul Stanley (@PaulStanleyLive)

Man this cannot be happening. Not Tom Petty please. Our deepest love and condolences to his family and band. A brother and true believer.

— Stevie Van Zandt (@StevieVanZandt)

Shocked to hear about Tom Petty dying. RIP

— Charlie Daniels (@CharlieDaniels)

What a horrid day for our country, music fans and music itself. RIP Tom Petty. His songs are always good medicine. Love to his family.

— josh groban (@joshgroban)

no words. just thanks. @tompetty pic.twitter.com/224gn9GNbo
— Cameron Crowe (@CameronCrowe)

TOM PETTY I LOVE YOU FOREVER

— The Iron Sheik (@the_ironsheik)

Noooo… Not Tom Petty. I can't even put into words how heartbroken I am. Praying for Adria & his family pic.twitter.com/0nW0dwe8jj

— Cary Elwes (@Cary_Elwes)

Tom petty – what a day –

— John Cusack (@johncusack)

Tom Petty played a loud role in the soundtracks of my life.
1 of my all-time favorites.#Breakdown

— Steve Levy (@espnSteveLevy)

Tom Petty died of a broken heart. Rest In Peace.

— Alyssa Milano (@Alyssa_Milano)

Tom Petty gone? That’s just so wrong. What a bad day this has been, in so many ways.

— Stephen King

I am so grateful for Tom Petty's music.
Feels selfish to want more, but I always will. Rest in peace. https://t.co/EBOt6J38zx

— Lin-Manuel Miranda (@Lin_Manuel)(@StephenKing)

Free falling

— Alexandra Daddario (@AADaddario)

KA$H

GoldMember
BGOL Investor
Lucky & Luanne now reunited in Heaven..

edu-macating-lucky-20060511113425511-000.jpg

I was coming in here to type this. I always wanted Mike Judge to bring this show back, like Seth did Family Guy, but with Lucky and Luanne gone it's highly unlikely....

Flights of angels sing thee to they rest.

Tdot_firestarta

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
But this is the Song... that introduced him to me.

People don't get that back when this dropped.. Video was still new. This shit and that Genesis "Land of Confusion".. use to mess with my head.

Yeah man, i fucked with wont back down and free fallin too...

Add any peter gabriel video to the list of videos that fascinated/tripped me out as a kid.

Kinda Forgot about him until i watched "the defiant ones" gained some new insight on him.

R.I.P