The Walking Dead: All Seasons (DON'T POST SPOILERS)

sharkbait28

Unionize & Prepare For Automation
International Member
Re: The Walking Dead

bs - AMC fired him - AMC popped shit with all of their show runners...

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/walking-dead-what-happened-fired-221449

Greedy fucks. The Walking Dead did incredible numbers in the coveted 18-49 demographic. Executive response to this huge success? Let's reduce the budget and increase our profit margins. Fucking useless cynical hacks. :smh:

I liked this first episode btw... hopefully the pace will pick up again over the next few eps. Really hope the budget cuts and Darabont's absence won't destroy this show.

TimRock

Don't let me be misunderstood
BGOL Investor

Carl shot already? I am very curious to see the direction this goes in. I know its straying a little away from the comic, but this changes a lot of things.

GreedySmurf

Star
Registered

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Walking_Dead_(season_2)

After the airing of the first season, Deadline.com reported that Frank Darabont had let go of the entire writing staff, and planned to use freelance writers for the second season.[12] This turned out to be not entirely accurate, and Robert Kirkman was quoted as saying that the changes to the writing staff would not affect the production of the show.[13] In February 2011 it was announced that Glen Mazzara, who had written the first season episode "Wildfire", had been hired as a writer/executive producer for the second season and will now put together a staff of five more writers.[14]

At C2E2 members of the cast confirmed that the second season will begin shooting on June 1, 2011. Frank Darabont will write the season premiere. At the same event, cast members speculated that acclaimed author and long-time Darabont collaborator Stephen King may write an episode.[15] Kirkman later confirmed that along with himself, Darabont and Mazzara the writing staff will consist of Scott Gimple, Evan Reilly, Angela Kang and one freelance writer, David Leslie Johnson.[16][17] Four actors have joined the cast as new characters for season 2—Scott Wilson, Lauren Cohan, Pruitt Taylor Vince, and Michael Zegen, as Hershel Greene, his daughter Maggie, Hershel's ranch hand Otis, and a man named Randall, respectively.[18][19]

A preview of season 2 was shown during the season premiere of Breaking Bad on July 17, 2011[20] and a full length trailer was released to promote season 2 at Comic-Con 2011, on July 22, 2011.[21]

In July 2011, series developer and showrunner Frank Darabont stepped down from his position as showrunner for the series, with believed reasoning he was unable to adjust to the schedule of running a television series.[22] Executive producer Glen Mazzara will be the series' new showrunner.[23] Darabont's sudden departure further sparked controversy in August when The Hollywood Reporter broke a story revealing that Darabont had in fact been fired due to issues of the show's reduced budget and a strained relationship with AMC executives.[24]

The premiere will be a 90-minute episode, similar to the pilot episode. After the first seven episodes air, the series will go on hiatus, and then return on February 12, 2012, where the final six episodes of the season will begin airing.[25]

Interesting, reduced budget? That always sucks. But the production of the season premier seemed to be on point.

And a character named Randal and Stephen King writing an episode? Hmmm... I wonder if the characters last name is Flag...

DJB10

Rising Star
Registered

just finished it & i liked it. both of the kids QUICKLY got on my nerves! i have the comics downloaded up until #83 & have yet to read any of them. i'm definitely gonna get started simply because it's gonna be hard as hell waiting every week for the new tv episodes to come out.

VAiz4hustlaz

Proud ADOS and not afraid to step to da mic!
BGOL Investor

Interesting, reduced budget? That always sucks. But the production of the season premier seemed to be on point.

And a character named Randal and Stephen King writing an episode? Hmmm... I wonder if the characters last name is Flag...

Flagg!:eek:

You must be a big-time Stephen King fan!

absorhaps

Support BGOL
Registered

When the walkers walked pass by.. I don't understand why one of them didn't just blow up the cars ahead and lit their ass up.

I think i saw this on mythbusters. that cars generally dont explode like they do in the movies so most likely they would only be set on fire. Also, they didnt have much time to react before they saw they herd.

Even if they ere able to blow them up, like someone else said, the noise would attract more and the possibility of injuring themselves or damaging their vehicles was too high.

absorhaps

Support BGOL
Registered

shane picked a hyundai :hmm: then a hyundi commercial came up

all those hummers left by the army

shit i would have got one:yes:

I wouldnt roll with a hummer because the MPG on them shits is ass, and who knows when they will be able to fuel up again. Plus they already had the RV hogging a bunch of gas.

absorhaps

Support BGOL
Registered

Last season the walkers could smell humans

Now this season they cant ?

On the show that came on afterwards, "The Talking Dead", Kirkman explained that the zombies can smell the difference between dead and alive but the sense isnt as keen as it may have appeared in the first season. With all the other dead bodies around they wouldnt have been able to single the alive group out.

simonmarcel

Rising Star
OG Investor

How was T-Dog almost unconscious from the blood loss, then just gets taped up and he's cool? When did he get a blood transfusion?:confused:

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor

How was T-Dog almost unconscious from the blood loss, then just gets taped up and he's cool? When did he get a blood transfusion?:confused:

His whole character is wack to me. It's like they just have him up there to have a black character.

SamSneed

Disciple of Zod
BGOL Investor

I wouldnt roll with a hummer because the MPG on them shits is ass, and who knows when they will be able to fuel up again. Plus they already had the RV hogging a bunch of gas.

they use diesel and can run off of bio-diesel(used cooking oil or just cookin oil) too. diesel gets more mpg than gas, also they dont run as hot.

absorhaps

Support BGOL
Registered

they use diesel and can run off of bio-diesel(used cooking oil or just cookin oil) too. diesel gets more mpg than gas, also they dont run as hot.

I never served but my homeboy said they are horrible, even on diesel. he said somewhere around 7 MPG. I would think that the RV guzzling gas would require enough stops. He did say that them shits are damn near impossible to stop from running and they are relatively easy to fix.

I would also think that finding something like cooking oil would be more dangerous than gas because they would actually have to go into a densely populated area to secure it, and even then would it need to be filtered or processed in some way?

BenQ

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

His whole character is wack to me. It's like they just have him up there to have a black character.

forgot if kirkman said when tyreese will be brought into the show..i assume itll be when t-dogg gets merked :lol:

they making tdogg the clumsy ninja and this cac a hero
618b8a6fce.jpg

THE DRIZZY

Ally of The Great Ancestors
OG Investor

they making tdogg the clumsy ninja and this cac a hero
618b8a6fce.jpg

I hate it to a certain degree that Daryl is one of the heroes and strongest characters so far. However from a deeper perspective it shows for a fact that these rural redneck cac's in real life be on some hunting, outdoor survival, and even military training. In the zombie universe before a plague he and his even more crackerish older bro Merle are just dumb rednecks. In a plague their outdoor skills are invaluable. Rick and Shane can only hang because they had structure being cops. Tddog is just a hood ninja that got away while his hood was getting rushed. He was one of them feet don't fail me now ninjas.

BenQ

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

I hate it to a certain degree that Daryl is one of the heroes and strongest characters so far. However from a deeper perspective it shows for a fact that these rural redneck cac's in real life be on some hunting, outdoor survival, and even military training. In the zombie universe before a plague he and his even more crackerish older bro Merle are just dumb rednecks. In a plague their outdoor skills are invaluable. Rick and Shane can only hang because they had structure being cops. Tddog is just a hood ninja that got away while his hood was getting rushed. He was one of them feet don't fail me now ninjas.

keone

WORLD WAR K aka Sensei ALMONDZ
International Member

He prolly told him dude tried to rape his wife...

nah he too friendly with him. plus if it was so he wouldnt have brought it up while speaking to the black dude on the walkie. it is something way bigger, this is what i think. also his face reaction doesn't match

Thrill3Seeker

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

He prolly told him dude tried to rape his wife...

nah he too friendly with him. plus if it was so he wouldnt have brought it up while speaking to the black dude on the walkie. it is something way bigger, this is what i think. also his face reaction doesn't match

I think that he told him that his wife was pregnant.

Remember when he told them that "the price of admission is a complete blood test for everyone?"

Now, the question is who is the Daddy?

absorhaps

Support BGOL
Registered

Why is that guy still wearing that cop uniform hat and all???

I was thinking the same thing.

Because the majority of Americans outside of the inner city will have respect for the uniform. This same idea is used in other post apocalyptic stories. It kind of gives the person a sense of authority.

Also it relates to us the viewers...that Rick its still in the mind state of protect and serve. Remember he didn't get exposed to this world the same way everyone else did.

As his mind state changes you should see his appearance change as well.

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor

Dude is useless, he might as well be one of the women or children the way he's always getting saved.

theguy103

Potential Star
Registered

For those not familiar with the comic Carl did not even get scratch up until like the middle 80's issues when he got blasted in the head. Already on tv he gets shot. At least the deer absorbed most of the damage.

NAh Carl did get shot right before they got the Hershel's place too. Carl getting shot was the only thing that happened in this episode that actually happened in the comics. The difference was there was no deer. Dude that shot him mistook him for a zombie.

twd13.jpg

"THE MAN"

Resident Cool Nerd
BGOL Investor

I hate it to a certain degree that Daryl is one of the heroes and strongest characters so far. However from a deeper perspective it shows for a fact that these rural redneck cac's in real life be on some hunting, outdoor survival, and even military training.

:yes: Crazy ass hicks like him would do well in a world with no real structure to it. I actually like his redneck character but T-Dogg needs to die and make room for Tyrese, but I don't see that happening. Looks like they want to keep the women weak as well. This new Andrea pisses me off. :angry:

bigjayler

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

When the walkers walked pass by.. I don't understand why one of them didn't just blow up the cars ahead and lit their ass up.

In the comics, that action would draw even more zombies to the area which would mean an even bigger horde :smh:

THE DRIZZY

Ally of The Great Ancestors
OG Investor

NAh Carl did get shot right before they got the Hershel's place too. Carl getting shot was the only thing that happened in this episode that actually happened in the comics. The difference was there was no deer. Dude that shot him mistook him for a zombie.

twd13.jpg

Damn I sure forgot about that shit memory laspe on my part:hmm::lol:. Thanks for the correction:cool::D.