Lamarr

Star
Registered
411825_10151152833152326_1723412382_o.jpg

QueEx

Rising Star
Super Moderator
:lol:

but while you pretend they are one in the same, your criticism is strangely, one sided.

:hmm:

Lamarr

Star
Registered
:lol:

but while you pretend they are one in the same, your criticism is strangely, one sided.

I criticize policy, not the individual.

Now, if Rmoney continues Obama's policies, I will speak up. Similar to the way I criticize pres. Obama for continuing Bush policies

QueEx

Rising Star
Super Moderator
I criticize policy, not the individual.

Now, if Rmoney continues Obama's policies, I will speak up. Similar to the way I criticize pres. Obama for continuing Bush policies

Bruh, you're not good at nuancing.

By you own got damn words you've said that Obama's and Romney's policies are one and the same. BUT, its plain as day that while you finger-point Obama, your criticism is conspicuously absent when it comes to Mitt Romney. :confused:

thoughtone

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Bruh, you're not good at nuancing.

By you own got damn words you've said that Obama's and Romney's policies are one and the same. BUT, its plain as day that while you finger-point Obama, your criticism is conspicuously absent when it comes to Mitt Romney. :confused:

A republican shill, vaguely (in his mind) disguised.

Lamarr

Star
Registered

correct....I refer to them as Obamney! Let my poster be the blueprint on how I feel about RMoney.

I'm not really absent from commenting. If it becomes RMoney's opportunity to govern, I will offer equal commentary. Its no sense in "piling on". I, somewhat, agree on most posts here, with the exception of the demand to see his tax returns. (I really don't care how much money he made)

QueEx

Rising Star
Super Moderator
correct....I refer to them as Obamney! Let my poster be the blueprint on how I feel about RMoney.

I'm not really absent from commenting. If it becomes RMoney's opportunity to govern, I will offer equal commentary. Its no sense in "piling on". I, somewhat, agree on most posts here, with the exception of the demand to see his tax returns. (I really don't care how much money he made)

Thats weak as hell :lol: Not only has your criticism of Romney been absent in about every post before this one, hell, LOL, its ABSENT in this one !!!!

Lamarr

Star
Registered

Thats weak as hell :lol: Not only has your criticism of Romney been absent in about every post before this one, hell, LOL, its ABSENT in this one !!!!

call it what you want but RMoney isn't governing anything at this time so all I have to go on is his past record........the same as I did with Sen. Obama.

Remember, I voiced my displeasure with Sen. Obama for voting with Bush on the Patriot Act, warrantless wiretaps, funding for the Wars, energy policy, bailouts (for MF's like RMoney)....the list goes on!

Why did the left hate Bush so much again? off topic, but damn, Sen. Obama voted with Bush on all dat

thoughtone

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
call it what you want but RMoney isn't governing anything at this time so all I have to go on is his past record........the same as I did with Sen. Obama.

Remember, I voiced my displeasure with Sen. Obama for voting with Bush on the Patriot Act, warrantless wiretaps, funding for the Wars, energy policy, bailouts (for MF's like RMoney)....the list goes on!

Why did the left hate Bush so much again? off topic, but damn, Sen. Obama voted with Bush on all dat

Where is your criticism of Ron Paul's hypocrisy on taking government money?

Maaaan, this is weak

Is Ron Paul supposed to sit idly by while his district is forced to pay for the stimulus, and let all that money go to other districts but not his?

The important thing is that he voted against it. But once it passed, he should do his part to make sure the taxes taken from his constituents get spent on things in his district rather than sent somewhere else. It's not like he can undo the passage of the stimulus just by refusing to have any of it spent there.

At least with Paul, the money would likely be spent in an intelligent fashion...

QueEx

Rising Star
Super Moderator

But thats just inconsistent Lamarr. If they are one and the same, as you say, then any comment you would have for one naturally should apply to the other -- all things being equal. But, where's your criticism of Romney?

Good job. I can appreciate a good attempt at rationalizing a response. And I recall your displeasure as noted. But, I don't believe I've heard where Romney has any disagreement on "the list" -- but I haven't heard your voiced displeasure in that regard. More importantly, Romney has doubled down on the war front (hugging Netanyahu's nuts against Iran; and showing a willingness to set fire to the entire Muslim world with reckless and ill-conceived statements) -- but I haven't read a peep out of you in that regard (if I have missed your comments, I offer my apologies, in advance).

You're right, its off topic but lets include it anyway. Now, which one of those positions does Romney disagree with; AND, where have you criticised Romney for those with which he agrees ?

QueEx

Rising Star
Super Moderator
I, somewhat, agree on most posts here, with the exception of the demand to see his tax returns. (I really don't care how much money he made)

I don't think "how much" Romney has made is what is at issue with the tax returns at all. I think the important issues include: how much (percentage-wise) did he pay in taxes; and whether his off-shore accounts were used to reduce his tax rate.

Do you think those things might be important ???

muckraker10021

Superstar *****
BGOL Investor
The Beginning Of The End?????
We Will See

MSNBC's former Republican congressman Joe Scarborough thinks so. Romney in the video above is pathetic, watch Ryan give him a pity pat-on-the-back when the crowd refuses to chant his name. Scarborough thinks Romney is in the same position as "Fredo" in Godfather II

Video above is so fucking funny :lol:

dancing-horse-hyplevel.jpg

imrutDmSLjcjl.PNG

Lamarr

Star
Registered
But thats just inconsistent Lamarr. If they are one and the same, as you say, then any comment you would have for one naturally should apply to the other -- all things being equal. But, where's your criticism of Romney?

ok, Pres. Obama is an agent of Wall Street. (as evidenced through QE-infinity)

RMoney is an agent of Wall Street!

Happy?

thoughtone

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
ok, Pres. Obama is an agent of Wall Street. (as evidenced through QE-infinity)

RMoney is an agent of Wall Street!

Happy?

So what the fuck is Non Paul an agent of?

The party of no?

Maaaan, this is weak

Is Ron Paul supposed to sit idly by while his district is forced to pay for the stimulus, and let all that money go to other districts but not his?

The important thing is that he voted against it. But once it passed, he should do his part to make sure the taxes taken from his constituents get spent on things in his district rather than sent somewhere else. It's not like he can undo the passage of the stimulus just by refusing to have any of it spent there.

At least with Paul, the money would likely be spent in an intelligent fashion...

Investigation finds no evidence Holder knew of 'Fast and Furious' gun-running sting
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz%2Bissa.jpg

thoughtone

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
<IFRAME height=315 src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/nvqHERTcytI" frameBorder=0 width=560 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>

mitt-romney-etch-a-sketch-caricature-by-donkeyhotey.jpg

source: Los Angeles Times

Mitt Romney says his '47%' remarks were 'completely wrong'

Mitt Romney disavowed his much-criticized statement that the 47% of Americans who supported President Obama paid no taxes, considered themselves "victims" and refused to take responsibility for their lives, saying in a Thursday night interview that he had been “completely wrong.”

“Clearly in a campaign with hundreds if not thousands of speeches and question-and-answer sessions, now and then you say something [that] doesn’t come out right," the Republican presidential nominee said on Fox News. "In this case, I said something that’s just completely wrong."

Romney spoke in an interview with Sean Hannity, who asked what he'd have said if Obama had brought up the 47% remark during their Wednesday night debate. Democrats have used the line in campaign ads.

For more than two weeks, Romney has faced a backlash after the covertly taped video of him speaking to donors was published online by Mother Jones magazine. In that video, from a Florida fundraiser in May, the candidate described the 47% of Americans who paid no federal income tax last year as being Obama supporters who are dependent on government, believing they are "victims." He said they were “unwilling to take responsibility for their lives.”

After the video came to light, Romney stood by his remarks but said that his point was "not elegantly stated." He has also strived to emphasize that he cares for all Americans, and continued that defense Thursday.

“I absolutely believe my life has shown that I care about 100%, and that has been demonstrated throughout my life, and this whole campaign is about the 100%,” he said.

Political experts had expected Obama to raise the 47% comment during the first presidential debate Wednesday evening, but he did not. Obama disappointed many Democrats when he turned in what many agree was a lackluster performance.

Romney told Fox that he was glad the debate had focused on issues rather than gaffes, calling it “an evening of substance.”

“I was pleased that I had a chance to talk about my vision for America, and the president was able to answer some questions that I posed that I think Americans across the country wanted to have answered,” he said, adding that he appreciated the moderation by Jim Lehrer, which was widely panned. “It was not a big 'gotcha' night coming from the moderator but instead was a chance for the president and I to go toe-to-toe on the important issues that people care about.”

Romney also previewed his criticism of Obama’s handling of foreign policy, which will be the subject of a future debate.

He highlighted the crisis in Libya that resulted in the deaths of an American ambassador and three other Americans. Describing the attack at the U.S. Consulate in Benghazias a “tragic failure,” Romney said:

“There had been warnings of possible attacks, there had been requests … to have additional security forces. They were turned down. And then following the tragedy we saw, well, misleading information coming from the administration. In fact, the president didn’t acknowledge this was a terrorist attack for a week or two? I mean, this was a terrorist attack, lives were lost, this happened on 9/11. We expect candor and transparency from the president and from the administration. We didn’t get it.”

When the Benghazi attack happened last month, Romney accused the administration of having sympathy for Mideast demonstrators angered by a YouTube trailer of a movie depicting the prophet Muhammad as a child molester and womanizer. At the time, some fellow Republicans criticized Romney's quick comments, especially after it became apparent that one of the four dead was the American ambassador, J. Christopher Stevens.

COINTELPRO

Transnational Member
Registered
Hitler gave fiery speeches and debates, and led Germany to a bunch of wars to take over Europe. Hitler setup the Gestapo and engage in heavy state surveillance of its citizens.

Having a President that is not overly aggressive may be a good thing, the chance that he will go out and take over South America and the Middle East with WWIII is lower. All indications suggest that will happen under Romney. He has already threatened Russia, Cuba, and Venezuela a couple of times. I am pretty sure there will be 'enhancement' of domestic spying capabilities, warrantless wiretaps and other measures.

He wants to expand the military for war, there is no other reason to expand the military budget.

QueEx

Rising Star
Super Moderator
Hitler gave fiery speeches and debates, and led Germany to a bunch of wars to take over Europe. Hitler setup the Gestapo and engage in heavy state surveillance of its citizens.

Having a President that is not overly aggressive may be a good thing, the chance that he will go out and take over South America and the Middle East with WWIII is lower. All indications suggest that will happen under Romney. He has already threatened Russia, Cuba, and Venezuela a couple of times. I am pretty sure there will be 'enhancement' of domestic spying capabilities, warrantless wiretaps and other measures.

He wants to expand the military for war, there is no other reason to expand the military budget.

Well, lets just admit it, Barack Obama did not have one of his better days. We all make mistakes, none of us are perfect and sometimes we don't hit that mark when we need to. Thankfully there are usually tomorrow's and the chance of redemption presents itself again.

The President should remember the Boy Scouts.

Be fucking Prepared!

`

thoughtone

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
source: Think Progress

Mother Of Navy SEAL Killed In Libya Demands Romney Stop Talking About Him In Stump Speech

The mother of a former Navy SEAL who was killed in the attack on the U.S. diplomatic mission in Benghazi, Libya last month has asked Mitt Romney to stop recounting a story about meeting the former SEAL, Glen Doherty, at a holiday party a few years ago.

Romney first relayed the story yesterday during a stump speech in Iowa. “ learned about him. He talked about his life. He skied a lot. He had skied in a lot of the places I had and we had a lot of things in common,” Romney said, continuing:
You could imagine how I felt when I found out that he was one of the two former Navy SEALS killed in Benghazi on September the 11. And it touched me, obviously as I realized that this young man that I thought was so impressive had lost his life in the service of his fellow men and women.
Boston’s local NBC affiliate WHDH reported this morning that Doherty’s mother objected to Romney using the story in a campaign speech. “I don’t trust Romney. He shouldn’t make my son’s death part of his political agenda. It’s wrong to use these brave young men, who wanted freedom for all, to degrade Obama,” said Barbara Doherty. WHDH even suggested that it reached out to Romney’s campaign for comment, reporting that “there was no response from the Romney camp.”

Yet Romney used the same story in stump speech today in Ohio. Watch it:

<CENTER><IFRAME height=260 src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/byNP_O0EcmE" frameBorder=0 width=400 allowfullscreen></IFRAME></CENTER><CENTER></CENTER>
But Romney’s not only telling the story against the wishes of Doherty’s family, he’s also mischaracterizing his encounter with the former SEAL. According to Glen Doherty’s longtime friend, Doherty said Romney had introduced himself four times in the span of less than 30 minutes, saying it was”pathetic” that Romney didn’t know the two had just met:
“He said it was very comical,” [Doherty friend Elf] Ellefsen said, “Mitt Romney approached him ultimately four times, using this private gathering as a political venture to further his image. He kept introducing himself as Mitt Romney, a political figure. The same introduction, the same opening line. Glen believed it to be very insincere and stale.” [...]

He said it was pathetic and comical to have the same person come up to you within only a half hour, have this person reintroduce himself to you, having absolutely no idea whatsoever that he just did this 20 minutes ago, and did not even recognize Glen’s face.”
Ellefsen said it makes him “sick” that Romney is using the story out on the stump. “Glen would definitely not approve of it,” he said, adding, “He probably wouldn’t do much about it. He probably wouldn’t say a whole lot about it. I think Glen would feel, more than anything, almost embarrassed for Romney. I think he would feel pity for him.”

thoughtone

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Whoopi Goldberg Questions Ann Romney on Mitt Not Serving Military for Religious Reasons

<IFRAME height=315 src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/1SV0Ai_YXXA" frameBorder=0 width=560 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>

Chicken Hawks, especially rich ones always have an excuse not to serve in the military.

thoughtone

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Romney On Auto Bailout In 2008: 'If You Write A Check, They're Going To Go Out Of Business'

<IFRAME height=315 src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/a3ZqP2JQqLM" frameBorder=0 width=420 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>

thoughtone

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Donald Trump Likes Romney's Tough Stance On China Trade

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/3ACCHxF4Afc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

QueEx

Rising Star
Super Moderator
Just an Observation . . .

Just My Observation . . .

During the last Presidential Debate, it was reported that Mitt Romney's oldest son, Tagg Romney, made an interesting statement regarding the back and forth
between his father, and the President of the United States:

Tagg Romney said he wanted to "take a swing" at President Obama after the President called Mitt a liar. Tagg went on to say, he wanted to "Jump out of your seat and you want to rush down to the stage and take a swing at him [the President]. "But you know you can't do that because, well, first because there's a lot of Secret Service between you and him, but also because that's the nature of the process."

I'm not upset that Tagg felt some need to defend his father. But, the fact that Tagg was hesitant to do it because of the presence of the "Secret Service" and "the nature of the process" is to me, at least, troubling - - troubling because Tagg didn't think it was wrong to beat-down the President of the United States.

How could Tagg have so little respect for the Office of the Presidency? - when he is an avid supporter of his father's quest to reach, the Office of the Presidency. :hmm:

I could be wrong, but if Tagg really is respectful of the Presidency; then it must just be that he has no respect for a Black Man holding that job. :(