The Case of Cyntoia Brown, Who Murdered a Man as Teen After Being Forced Into Prostitution

Mixd

Duppy Maker
BGOL Investor
So because he showed up his guns ...the consequence was getting killed in his sleep?
Why open that door letting a complete stranger in your house. If you feel that's OK then that's you. I don't.

These chicks lives ain't rosy. They see things they don't have and want, they may or may not be the type to do a crime like this. I'm not finding out the hard way. The victim did.

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
I found this interesting, I actually gave Kim a thumb up when I intitally read the tweet....

Maybe I'll change my stand later but now... I like the idea of a famous person helping someone the felt is being wrongly convicted....

Shit not that I think about it, I'm not sure how I feel about the case actually....

Mack1052

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
This is that bullshit

https://www.theroot.com/cyntoia-brown-will-have-to-serve-51-years-before-she-s-1830946172/amp

Cyntoia Brown Will Have to Serve 51 Years Before She’s Eligible For Release, Tennessee Supreme Court Rules

Monique Judge

Yesterday 3:05pm
Filed to:#FREECYNTOIABROWN

From the beginning, Cyntoia Brown’s life story has been heartbreaking. She was put up for adoption at the age of 2, and her life after that was a traumatic spiral of verbal abuse, physical abuse, sexual abuse, and substance abuse.

At the age of 16, she was sold as a sex-slave to a 43-year-old Nashville realtor—Johnny Mitchell Allan. She was subjected to more abuse by Allan, and in a documentary about her life, she described the abuse and how it made her paranoid.

Her case is still pending judgment in the Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals

pookie

Thinking of a Master Plan
BGOL Investor
I need to no more about the story involving her and the man she killed. In one story it’s saying she went to his house for sex and she killed him then but in that story above it’s reading like he had bought her from the pimp and she was now his. She said something about having a gun pointed at her and being choked, hit and dragged, was that by the guy or her pimp. If it was by the guy I can see her finally snapping after having to endure that treatment from yet another man

moblack

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I need to no more about the story involving her and the man she killed. In one story it’s saying she went to his house for sex and she killed him then but in that story above it’s reading like he had bought her from the pimp and she was now his. She said something about having a gun pointed at her and being choked, hit and dragged, was that by the guy or her pimp. If it was by the guy I can see her finally snapping after having to endure that treatment from yet another man

Say she shot him in the back

pookie

BGOL Investor
Say she shot him in the back

I’m asking though did she shoot him in the back when her pimp sent her over THAT DAY to turn a trick or did she shoot him in the back after her pimp SOLD her to that man, she now “belonged” to the man and the man had been holding guns to her head, beating, choking and kicking her over a period of time? Different stories are saying different things

Mixd

Duppy Maker
BGOL Investor
I’m asking though did she shoot him in the back when her pimp sent her over THAT DAY to turn a trick or did she shoot him in the back after her pimp SOLD her to that man, she now “belonged” to the man and the man had been holding guns to her head, beating, choking and kicking her over a period of time? Different stories are saying different things
I think it's confusing how different articles wrote it.

The pimp didn't sell her to the victim in that aspect, like he outright bought her, no.

He just paid for sex for that night.
He showed her his guns while talking to her earlier that night when they first met.

I think after sex, he fell asleep and she shot and robbed him. Because his hand was found under his head when they arrived on the crime scene.

She told the police that he reached under his pillow and she thought he was reaching for a gun, so she pulled out hers and shot him.

I feel that she saw an opportunity to rob this dude, so she did.

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

I read that she was over there to trick and she shot him to rob him. Don’t know how correct any of it is.

pookie

BGOL Investor
I think it's confusing how different articles wrote it.

The pimp didn't sell her to the victim in that aspect, like he outright bought her, no.

He just paid for sex for that night.
He showed her his guns while talking to her earlier that night when they first met.

I think after sex, he fell asleep and she shot and robbed him. Because his hand was found under his head when they arrived on the crime scene.

She told the police that he reached under his pillow and she thought he was reaching for a gun, so she pulled out hers and shot him.

I feel that she saw an opportunity to rob this dude, so she did.

I read that she was over there to trick and she shot him to rob him. Don’t know how correct any of it is.

Ok, when I first saw this story on Facebook over a year ago they were talking like she had killed the guy that was her pimp. When it was first posted on BGOL I didn’t really pay attention to it because I’d already read about it. When someone put it back on the first page the other day I checked it out and was confused when I started reading the different stories. This is a quote from a link above, I couldn’t tell if they merged the two stories or if it was the same story

At the age of 16, she was sold as a sex-slave to a 43-year-old Nashville realtor—Johnny Mitchell Allan. She was subjected to more abuse by Allan, and in a documentary about her life, she described the abuse and how it made her paranoid.

In 2004, she was tried as an adult for killing Allen. She said she shot him because she feared he was going to kill her. During the trial, she said there was always a gun pointed on her during her captivity. She said she was hit, choked and dragged. She feared for her own life, and she acted out of that fear.

trappstarr82

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Who is to say the trick even knew how old she was? Shoot the fucking pimp if you really a victim.

She had a gun? Wouldn't surprise me if they were jacking tricks. Jacked tricks ain't coming forward because they don't want to be ...wait for it...here it comes....it's coming...actually going to type it...'victim shamed/blamed' and lose respect or their families.

She didn't mace him. Didn't even use a knife or razor. She had a fucking .40 on her. Pimp was named 'cut throat' and she packed a .40. Sounds like quite the fucking team. :eek:
She was a child. A child was who was abused and raped. A child who was mentally tortured by men.

Do you think she had rational thoughts when she did this as a child because you are saying this from a rational adults perspective who was never psychologically traumatized as a child.

Reactions: Jae

Mixd

Duppy Maker
BGOL Investor
She was a child. A child was who was abused and raped. A child who was mentally tortured by men.

Do you think she had rational thoughts when she did this as a child because you are saying this from a rational adults perspective who was never psychologically traumatized as a child.
What added fuel to this was she had fetal alcohol syndrome.

I read this from a comment on PBS:
Inappropriate Sexual Behavior

Researchers report that individuals with fetal alcohol syndrome are more likely to exhibit inappropriate sexual behavior, such as inappropriate advances and inappropriate touching, than those who do not have FAS. Those fetal alcohol syndrome children who have also been a victim of violence are even more likely to exhibit inappropriate sexual behavior.

She is a black girl, in Tennessee, of all states, bought for $150, by a white man, who was an army vet, that no one speaks on to tarnish his military background, (so "we" won't bring that up).

She shot dude, with no remorse, made up some lies saying what happened, but story made no sense. She just a victim of fucked up circumstances in my book.

She deserve time for killing dude, but 50+ years is crazy when if, he, the white man, would of killed a young black girl prostitute who tried to rob him. And wouldn't of made a difference if she was under age or not in TN, they would of seen it at a black girl selling herself, period.

You think he would of gotten 50 years?

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Researchers report that individuals with fetal alcohol syndrome are more likely to exhibit inappropriate sexual behavior, such as inappropriate advances and inappropriate touching, than those who do not have FAS. Those fetal alcohol syndrome children who have also been a victim of violence are even more likely to exhibit inappropriate sexual behavior.

She is a black girl, in Tennessee, of all states, bought for $150, by a white man, who was an army vet, that no one speaks on to tarnish his military background, (so "we" won't bring that up).

She shot dude, with no remorse, made up some lies saying what happened, but story made no sense. She just a victim of fucked up circumstances in my book.

She deserve time for killing dude, but 50+ years is crazy when if, he, the white man, would of killed a young black girl prostitute who tried to rob him. And wouldn't of made a difference if she was under age or not in TN, they would of seen it at a black girl selling herself, period.

Agreed

Mack1052

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Hell, let's reverse the colors. Do you think "Cindy Ann" would get 51 years for killing her black trick?

yureeka9

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Its funny how people base their opinions of right and wrong on optics. I'm wondering if this chick looked like Gabourey Sidibe and she had blown away your brother or homeboy would you be barking about how she's being done wrong by the system. Some of you see a cute light skinned girl you would try to fuck under other circumstances and you become judicial contortionists trying to find a way to justify leniency. If this chick wasn't cute it wouldn't even be in the news.

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Its funny how people base their opinions of right and wrong on optics. I'm wondering if this chick looked like Gabourey Sidibe and she had blown away your brother or homeboy would you be barking about how she's being done wrong by the system. Some of you see a cute light skinned girl you would try to fuck under other circumstances and you become judicial contortionists trying to find a way to justify leniency. If this chick wasn't cute it wouldn't even be in the news.

I think the part of her being under age and forced into prostitution killing a trick who paid for her services weighs heavier than her looks.

But what do I know?:dunno:

D24OHA

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
If an abducted white girl killed her rapist captor, not only would she not be doing time, Hollywood would be making a movie about it with her as the heroine

26yr old white woman and a white male abductor rapist killed, no charges

https://www.al.com/news/birmingham/index.ssf/2015/11/woman_allegedly_kills_her_abdu.html

15yr old white girl, 39yr old white abductor rapist killed... No charges

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct-xpm-1990-04-28-9002040278-story.html

yureeka9

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I think the part of her being under age and forced into prostitution killing a trick who paid for her services weighs heavier than her looks.

But what do I know?:dunno:

Let's not pretend this is the only under aged girl in America facing real time for killing someone that paid her for sex. I'm interested in seeing the other high profile cases like this. Women killing men only becomes national news when the woman looks a certain way.

yureeka9

Rising Star
Platinum Member

Mixd

Duppy Maker
BGOL Investor
26yr old white woman and a white male abductor rapist killed, no charges

https://www.al.com/news/birmingham/index.ssf/2015/11/woman_allegedly_kills_her_abdu.html

15yr old white girl, 39yr old white abductor rapist killed... No charges

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct-xpm-1990-04-28-9002040278-story.html
The true issue is she spoke to the police willingly about what happened and put her foot in her mouth. She, being under age, should of had an attorney.

She made her situation worse by doing that.

She states they never had sex, should of stated she did.
Stated that she 'thought' he was reaching for a gun, there was none within his reach, she should of put one there.

Then she robbed him, just shouldn't of done that, plus took his car.

She should of sat there, called the police and acted distraught.

Everything she did made her seem calculated, and it's why she got what she got.

Just a sad situation, but she is a victim of the life she grew up in. She told the police too much that made it way worse for her. Found holes in her story and used it against her.

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The true issue is she spoke to the police willingly about what happened and put her foot in her mouth. She, being under age, should of had an attorney.

She made her situation worse by doing that.

She states they never had sex, should of stated she did.
Stated that she 'thought' he was reaching for a gun, there was none within his reach, she should of put one there.

Then she robbed him, just shouldn't of done that, plus took his car.

She should of sat there, called the police and acted distraught.

Everything she did made her seem calculated, and it's why she got what she got.

Just a sad situation, but she is a victim of the life she grew up in. She told the police too much that made it way worse for her. Found holes in her story and used it against her.

Gotcha, thanks for the info.

Sounds like a robbery and murder, open and shut case.

yureeka9

Rising Star
Platinum Member
She was prostituting against her will and sold to others which is “Rape”.
"Against her will" is a hard sale for me if she never attempted to escape, inform authorities or kill her abuser. Shades of grey are troubling for me when it comes to justice. I'm all about the facts and objective judgement.

slewdem100

Rising Star
OG Investor
Was this dude a trick, a rapist or the new pimp?...did he know that she was underage?....why do I feel like I need to read a hundred different articles to find out this clear info?....and when I say rapist I dont mean unknowing statutory rape of a trick buying an underage prostitute...her story is tragic no doubt but if dude just happened to be the next trick on a long line that finally made her snap, then I don't get the massive outpouring for this particular case over others...no shortage of tragic upbringing stories in prison....why this one if dude was a unknowing statutory rapist trick?...if he knew what she was and abused her then all bets are off and he got what he was supposed to get....just wish that could be communicated more clearly

Mixd

Duppy Maker
BGOL Investor
"Against her will" is a hard sale for me if she never attempted to escape, inform authorities or kill her abuser. Shades of grey are troubling for me when it comes to justice. I'm all about the facts and objective judgement.
This is where there's too many complexities to this case.

It's rape because she is a minor. If you see the documentary, she was only with this Kut-throat dude for like 2 weeks I think it said.

He didn't send her out to pick up this guy. She was just walking the streets looking to get to another part of town. This dude picked her up in a Sonic parking lot. Asked her if she was looking to party, they haggled on price and he agreed to pay her $150.

For him being 43 and not questioning her age, he knew what he was looking for, was a registered sex offender. He was a pedophile. He was looking for a minor.

THE DRIZZY

Ally of The Great Ancestors
OG Investor
The guy she killed fuck him and his family. His family crying talking about how great he was and shit. That individual was a monster and he deserved to get off'd, fuck that raping sex slave owning CAC, I hope his corpse fed useful worms that contribute to the ecosystem.

As far a Cyntonia goes her life was fucked since early childhood:(. I hope one day she gets out soon.