Spurs vs Lakers

Spectrum

Elite Poster
BGOL Investor
Anyone watching the game?

Parker is doing what he wants... that will very problematic for the Lakers if they can't keep Parker out of the lane and from taking easy shots...They'll win two games tops if Parker is sitting up on the top of the scoring...

where's Kobe? 0 points in the first half with 2 minutes left???

DiamondDeuce

Support BGOL
Registered
Anyone watching the game?

Parker is doing what he wants... that will very problematic for the Lakers if they can't keep Parker out of the lane and from taking easy shots...They'll win two games tops if Parker is sitting up on the top of the scoring...

where's Kobe? 0 points in the first half with 2 minutes left???

Yeh the Lakers really don't have an answer for Parker. He is too quick against Fisher.......and you would really have to hate to TIRE Kobe out...by making him D Parker up most of the game.

Rollie_Fingaz

Rising Star
OG Investor
It will not surprise mt if the Lakers lose this game, but the Lakers are the best at making adjustments. But yeah, I didn't expect Parker to impose his will on this game like the was he is.

cranrab

Star
BGOL Investor
some of you have the wrong idea about manu ginobili and tony parker. you don't TRY to stop euros, you let them stop themselves.

tony parker (plays at 1 speed, and has no brain; coach popovich does all his thinking for him) has taken himself out of the game, and manu ginobili is proving how shitty (OC) he really is.

85southryda

Potential Star
Registered
kobe needs to know when to bring that black mamba shit out - and it's time!!! in the fourth quarter

Spectrum

Elite Poster
BGOL Investor
Spurs completely fell apart. Good comeback win by the Lakers. It has to sting to get up by 20 points on the road in game 1 and not get the win....

daman200

Rising Star
Registered
Wait a Second MANU is Hurt man!! He Normally makes them shots!!

Dude aint right he just dont look right!!

Did you hear MANU interview after the game. Dude was like a solider man.

He playin so hurt right now ankle,shoulder, Groin injury and Rip fingernail on shooting hand
Yet was like he dont wanna talk about that or make excuses.
I like his attitude man. MAN I GOT MAD RESPECT FOR MANU GAME MAN!!!

Duncan and parker are ballin on cats.

Lakers got it done after that third quarter impressive!! Still a seven game series. Cause they got outplayed

Key Stat Spurs were 5-20 behind the 3pt line.

If they hit those 3 they will win. the hornets found out about that!!:yes::yes:

Havoc

Support BGOL
Registered
I felt pretty confident the Lakers would win this one. Yet, I can't help but wonder what next season holds for us with a healthy Bynum/Ariza.

TimRock

Don't let me be misunderstood
BGOL Investor
some of you have the wrong idea about manu ginobili and tony parker. you don't TRY to stop euros, you let them stop themselves.

tony parker (plays at 1 speed, and has no brain; coach popovich does all his thinking for him) has taken himself out of the game, and manu ginobili is proving how shitty (OC) he really is.

Agree. If Parker cant get in the lane, hes not that effective. Manu just hopes to get bailed out by the refs, every time he touches the ball. Did yall see Sasha take it right out of his hands.

360KNOWLEDGE

Potential Star
Registered
Agree. If Parker cant get in the lane, hes not that effective. Manu just hopes to get bailed out by the refs, every time he touches the ball. Did yall see Sasha take it right out of his hands.
Ginobili travels A LOT and doesn't get called for it. I'm waiting for Bowen to do some real grimey shit, shortly. Damn, I hate the spurs, LOL

dapurpman

Potential Star
Registered
if bowen pulls some gutta shit, man.... league gotta do something bout that fool. i seen the vids bgol csi posted. str8 grimey B

cranrab

Star
BGOL Investor
Wait a Second MANU is Hurt man!! He Normally makes them shots!!

:( does EVERYBODY on BGOL think that shooting is the beginning and end of basketball?

unless his BRAIN is injured, tobe ginobili has NO excuse for the poor shot selection, wild out of control ventures into the paint, and idiotic turnovers he made.

cranrab

Star
BGOL Investor
Manu just hopes to get bailed out by the refs, every time he touches the ball.

manu ginobili takes 50% of his FGAs from behind the arc. if you tell his defender to close out strong on the arc, there goes his game. if the defender (stupidly) falls for a fake and ginobili penetrates, the help MUST NOT break discipline; they MUST remain with their assignment and hold the passing lane. TOKEN defense is the answer against ALL euros.

cranrab

Star
BGOL Investor
If Parker cant get in the lane, hes not that effective.

tony parker is bobby hurley 2.0. tony parker is a quick, agile, and capable ball handler on the move, but rarely will attack the basket with even a marginal shot blocker protecting the rim.

coach popovich has set up the spurs O for him, so that when he penetrates, there should be 2 release valves in the short corners.

LordSinister

One Punch Mayne
Super Moderator
:( does EVERYBODY on BGOL think that shooting is the beginning and end of basketball?

unless his BRAIN is injured, tobe ginobili has NO excuse for the poor shot selection, wild out of control ventures into the paint, and idiotic turnovers he made.

Tell em' how you feel Reuben! (Tobe stopper) :lol::lol::lol:

Aud21946

DJ Aubin3000
Registered
I can Smell the Hatred for the Spurs in this Thread! The only Stat I care about is 5 - 20! My Team only lost by 4 with 5 - 20! The Fakers should be worried ..

hanginbals

Team NoPullOut
OG Investor
stand-by-man-kobe-400.jpg

Why yall hatin??!!

TimRock

BGOL Investor
I can Smell the Hatred for the Spurs in this Thread! The only Stat I care about is 5 - 20! My Team only lost by 4 with 5 - 20! The Fakers should be worried ..

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
They shot 5 for 20, but were up by 20 points. Kobe was invisible the entire 1st half (except for those assists). Lamar odom was in single digits in every category, and didnt shoot the ball well. Fisher shot horribly, and yet the Lakers still win? Come on, who should be worried? I hate to say it, but if it werent for Vlad in that 1st qt, we probably would have been down by 30.

LordSinister

One Punch Mayne
Super Moderator

We beat them bitches with Odom doing his best Kwame impression and Fisher shooting like Smush. :smh::smh:

It's only going to get worse when Ariza gets back and plays D on that Argentinian faggot. :lol::lol:

TimRock

BGOL Investor
We beat them bitches with Odom doing his best Kwame impression and Fisher shooting like Smush. :smh::smh:

It's only going to get worse when Ariza gets back and plays D on that Argentinian faggot. :lol::lol:

Sasha did a good job on him.

Rollie_Fingaz

Rising Star
OG Investor
Man, the last time I saw seen choking of that magnitude was when I downloaded that Ghetto Gaggers scene a few weeks ago..:rolleyes:

Rollie_Fingaz

Rising Star
OG Investor
Check out this article I read from the Anti-George Karl website:

Quick observations on tonight's game...

I rarely discuss non-Nuggets issues on this blog, but I can't help myself tonight. I just finished watching the Los Angeles Lakers beat the San Antonio Spurs in spite of putting up only 89 points, and thought I'd pass along a few off-the-cuff observations to see if any of you picked up on this stuff, too...

-It was fun watching Manu Ginobli and Sasha Vujacic try to "out-flop" each other. My favorite attempted flop in particular was when Vujacic fell to the floor - early in the 3rd quarter I think - grabbed his shoulder, "writhed in pain", drummed up tears in his eyes, refused to get up, and yet the Lakers kept playing on and didn't call a timeout. His own team knew he was flopping. Then, MIRACULOUSLY!, Vujacic was able to get up, play solid defense and he looked remarkably fine for the rest of the game. Vujacic has officially become the boy-who-cries-wolf player in the NBA. You can't believe a word he says. Unfortunately for Sasha, his acting skills rival Jessica Simpson's.

-There always seems to be decent cleavage over Phil Jackson's right shoulder at all Staples Center games.

-The Spurs didn't get a single call in the second half. Not one. The three most egregious were Kobe Bryant's (non-called) travel when Bruce Bowen pulled the chair on him and Bryant fell to the floor with the ball. When did falling-down-with-the-ball-without-dribbling get delisted as traveling? The second example was Duncan's (non-) foul on an offensive rebound attempt with Pau Gasol. Duncan didn't even touch Gasol and yet he was whistled for a push off. And third was Gasol's blatant hack on Duncan at the two-minute mark that the refs conveniently ignored.

Not that I feel that bad for the Spurs, though. They almost whine as much as the Nuggets' players do. Almost.

-Speaking of Gasol and offensive rebounds, did he ever get one?

-If the world came to an end and I actually watched "The Closer" or "The Bill Engvall Show" or "House of Pain," would I see a thousand annoying ads for the NBA on TNT during their shows?

-Kobe should've been credited with 29 points instead of 27, because it was he who tipped in the put-back shot for the Spurs to tie the game at 85.

-And of course, to all the naysayers that thought Chris Paul or Kevin Garnett should have been the MVP, I trust that tonight's second half performance shut you up at last. Say what you want about Kobe the person, but Kobe the player is simply the best in the league.

daman200

Rising Star
Registered

HAHA man u funny. everybody knows manu is a complete player who just happens to be a darn good shooter also!! :yes:

And YES the man is playin mad hurt and still ballin on cats:smh:
Wait till game 2.:yes:

I hate the spurs but I do Know MANU got MAD GAME!!!!! that why he got them rings. Seen him do: it too many times to too many teams man!!!:lol:

daman200

Rising Star
Registered
Manu Killed them in Game 3:yes:

30 points

got his swagger back!!!

Even Kobe was like i've seen him do it too many times. Off balance Threes with a broken finger and bum ankle. Kobe was like all he could do is laugh!!

The spurs been up by 20 points twice in this series. It could easily be 2-1 spurs.

The key is the spurs three point shooting, and Manu health!!!

Rollie_Fingaz

Rising Star
OG Investor

30 points

got his swagger back!!!

Even Kobe was like i've seen him do it too many times. Off balance Threes with a broken finger and bum ankle. Kobe was like all he could do is laugh!!

The spurs been up by 20 points twice in this series. It could easily be 2-1 spurs.

I expected them to win Game three just off of the fact they were home with the crowd support. It's Game 4 they have to win. Personally I can see the Lakers winning that game.

Last edited:

Spectrum

Elite Poster
BGOL Investor
Damn man. They've already handed the team over to Manu after he finally showed up in a game this series

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/dailydime?page=dime-080526&lpos=spotlight&lid=tab1pos2

SAN ANTONIO -- Tim Duncan is underrated and Tim Duncan is overrated.

We don't give his career the full respect it deserves, yet sometimes we make the mistake of believing that, in 2008, the San Antonio Spurs are still about him. As Game 3 of the Western Conference Finals demonstrated, Manu Ginobili matters more than Duncan now. Ginobili returned to form, hitting for five 3-pointers and 30 points, and the Spurs got back into the win column with a 103-84 victory.

PLAYOFF UPDATE
WEST FINALS
L.A. Lakers 2, San Antonio 1
Game 4: Tue., 9 ET, at SAS

EAST FINALS
Boston 2, Detroit 1
Game 4: Mon., 8:30 ET, at DET

# The full playoff schedule

Duncan had 22 points, 21 rebounds and five assists, showing he's still the steady drumbeat. But now he's more a background percussionist like Ringo Starr than a showcase drummer like Sheila E. It was telling that when Ginobili was clearly off his game in Los Angeles, Spurs coach Gregg Popovich said he needed more from Tony Parker, not Duncan, even though Parker outscored Duncan 13-12 in Game 2.

Duncan's 30 points and 18 rebounds couldn't keep the Spurs from blowing a 20-point lead in Game 1. The Spurs didn't need any more than 16 points from him to beat the Hornets on the road in Game 7. They don't live and die with him anymore.

Other players still show deference to Duncan, as when Bruce Bowen said, "If we didn't have him out there, Tony and Manu and I wouldn't get what we get", but it was telling that the Spurs felt the need to mix up their offense and avoid predictably giving Duncan the ball every time downcourt in Game 3. Almost as telling as what Duncan himself said about Ginobili.

"He's the guy that we need to put the ball in the hole," Duncan said. "He needs to give us points that aren't easy. You can get up in situations where your offense stalls out or situations where you just can't put the ball in the hole. He is the kind of guy that we need to make plays for us."

Ginobili came through like a T1 connection Sunday, especially during a minute-long stretch in the second quarter when he scored nine points on a pair of 3-pointers and a layup-and-one.

Parker led the Spurs in scoring last season, the first time since 1998 Duncan wasn't atop that category. This year it was Ginobili, averaging 19.5 points per game.

"I had a great season this year scoring, so if you score so many points during the season then the team expects you to keep it up," Ginobili said.

He did it against the Hornets last series, leading the Spurs with a scoring average of 21.3 points, but he looked limited in the first two games against the Lakers, hobbling along with a bad ankle and trying to shoot with a torn fingernail that Kobe Bryant described as "nasty-looking" and "disgusting."

Ginobili said there weren't any physical changes this night, just the danger of being down 2-0 in the series, the loud hometown fans and the fact his first couple of shots went down.

The answer reveals why Ginobili doesn't rank higher in NBA lore. The greatest thrive in road playoff games. They can be judged just as easily by the still-high quality of their bad nights as much as their big nights. In these playoffs alone Ginobili has had shooting nights of 2 for 11, 5 for 15 and 5 for 13. In last year's playoffs he had pedestrian numbers of 16.7 points and 3.7 assists per game on 40 percent shooting during the Spurs' championship run.

Where does Duncan rank? How about second to Shaquille O'Neal among active playoff scorers --- and 31 points away from moving past Wilt Chamberlain into 12th place among the all-time playoff scorers. And he'll get there in about 10 fewer games than Big Wilt played.

People talk about the Spurs as four-time champions. Wrong. Tim Duncan is a four-time champion. Every other player from the 1999 team is gone. Only two other players are still in the league (Antonio Daniels and Malik Rose).

Even among the greatest of the greats, not many can say they won championships with an entirely different supporting cast. Ask Bill Russell which rings he prefers to wear from his extensive collection and he'll tell you the first and the 11th, because he's the only player who has both of them. Magic Johnson had Kareem Abdul-Jabbar and Michael Cooper every step of the way. Michael Jordan always had Scottie Pippen.

Here's the list of players who have won multiple Finals MVPs since they gave out the first one in 1969: Abdul-Jabbar, Johnson, Larry Bird, Jordan, Hakeem Olajuwon, O'Neal and Duncan.

Only Duncan and Abdul-Jabbar won the award with completely different support casts.

Looking at all of the names on that list makes you realize we sell Duncan short when we refer to him as the best power forward of all time. He really should be in the conversation of best big man -- period -- part of the argument along with Russell, Wilt, Kareem, Hakeem and Shaq.

The one thing you can't call him, though, is The Man for the 2007 Spurs. That title belongs to Ginobili. In that case, make it El Hombre.

cranrab

Star
BGOL Investor
Manu Ginobili matters more than Duncan now. Ginobili returned to form, hitting for five 3-pointers and 30 points

:lol:

it's obvious (to me) that not enough people actually get to watch tobe ginobili play on a regular basis.

wow. so more than half his MADE FGs last night were 3FGAs? shocking. :rolleyes:

and his lobbing of shots from distance over the top of the D (half his total points, sounds like somebody else we know :cool:) matters MORE than TD's 20/20?

no wonder we got cats on BGOL growing up not knowing shit about basketball when their viewing experience is framed by this euro glorifying bullshit.

:smh:

Spectrum

Elite Poster
BGOL Investor
Cran,

When I read an article like that, I seriously don't know whether to :smh::smh::smh: or :lol::lol::lol: .

I mean this guy was averaging 8 points and 3 bounds over the first two games and got abused on the defensive end he's the "leader" of the team :confused: and like you said... Duncan put down 20/20 and his effectiveness is being questioned...

keysersoze

Star
Registered

30 points

got his swagger back!!!

:lol:

it's obvious (to me) that not enough people actually get to watch tobe ginobili play on a regular basis.

wow. so more than half his MADE FGs last night were 3FGAs? shocking. :rolleyes:

and his lobbing of shots from distance over the top of the D (half his total points, sounds like somebody else we know :cool:) matters MORE than TD's 20/20?

no wonder we got cats on BGOL growing up not knowing shit about basketball when their viewing experience is framed by this euro glorifying bullshit.

:smh:

Cran,

When I read an article like that, I seriously don't know whether to :smh::smh::smh: or :lol::lol::lol: .

I mean this guy was averaging 8 points and 3 bounds over the first two games and got abused on the defensive end he's the "leader" of the team :confused: and like you said... Duncan put down 20/20 and his effectiveness is being questioned...

I don't who was better myself but I'm going with Tim Duncan's 20/20 - 20 rebounds!!

Do people realize what 20 rebounds means?? Thats huge man.

I remember some of those rebounds too - he missed a shot and got his own rebound and made the bucket.

Lakers got beat because of their lack of rebounding. I'll admit that manus 3s put them in a comfortable lead but :smh: at the Lakers lack of rebounding...

And was it just me or was Lamar Odom trying to become Chris Paul and shit with him dribbling the ball down and trying to do some Jordan moves :angry: He got the ball stolen by Paker.

Stick to your role Odom and don't try to get bigger than you are.

cranrab

Star
BGOL Investor
Re: Spurs vs fakers

Lakers got beat because of their lack of rebounding.

i'd like to expand on that some.

the fakers got beat down because of a simple lack of defense (in which rebounding is a part of).

lamar odom did have a sub-par performance (team high TOs, atrocious FG%), but it wasn't the primary reason.

EDIT: i also forgot to add that ime udoka got benched, and his minutes cut in half. if coach popovich didn't go to him in L.A. as much, the series would be very different right now.

Last edited:

Aud21946

DJ Aubin3000
Registered

It's going back to La Tied 2 - 2. Ginobilli had and will have a good game again.. More than likly going seven games.

Spectrum

Elite Poster
BGOL Investor

The newly media crowned MVP of the Spurs had a monster first half at home...laying up a goose egg.