So Laurence Frank...tell me

RunawaySlave

Zeitgeist
BGOL Investor
What have we learned tonight against the Celtics??

That you must stop playing bum assed Jason Collins
and START playing AAANNNNYYYBBBBOODDDDYYYY else at
center?? That all the picks set in the world ain't
gonna help you in the paint when there are live bodies
on the other side??

Haven't you noticed that YET Laurence?? After getting
swept in 4 games by SHAQ and the Lakers, then getting
SWEPT in 4 games by TIM DUNCAN and the Spurs. And having
barely made the playoffs last season despite having
TWO potential hall of famers in your lineup??

Have you learned that yet Laurence?? Do Rod Thorn
have to FIRE a bitch?? Please Rod, fire that bitch

so he can go to Milwaukee or somewhere and take bum
assed Jason COllins with him

Rollie_Fingaz

Rising Star
OG Investor
The Celtics center Kendrick Perkins is the weak link in the Celtics starting offense. But both he and Glen Davis were made to look like All-Stars.

BTW-Vince Carter = Mr. Glass.

cranrab

Star
BGOL Investor
The Celtics center Kendrick Perkins is the weak link in the Celtics starting offense. But both he and Glen Davis were made to look like All-Stars.

you caught that too?

glen davis was putting in work on the boards. too bad he was so foul prone, chasing after blocked shots.

RunawaySlave

Zeitgeist
BGOL Investor
Glen "Big Baby" Davis, who had all of 13 minutes experience
in the NBA, made the front line combo of Collins and especially
Krstic look like they were the ones who should still be in
the NCAA

oh, and I cannot omit Jamal Magloire. Who has talent, but has
the attitude of a bum. He is still an improvement over Collins
though. Who averages more FOULS, than rebounds and blocked
shots combined

and you can only average 6 fouls at best

Rollie_Fingaz

Rising Star
OG Investor
Glen "Big Baby" Davis, who had all of 13 minutes experience
in the NBA, made the front line combo of Collins and especially
Krstic look like they were the ones who should still be in
the NCAA

shots combined

and you can only average 6 fouls at best

Did you see Collins stat line? (0 points 2 rebounds)

They should have played Sean Williams more.

xfactor

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
shots combined

Magloire is a good player and although he has a bit of an arrogant attitude, he could be a 14 - 10 player for the Nets. Why isnt Frank giving him the minutes?

Frank is one of the worst coaches in the NBA and I dont see why he continues to be employed by the Nets.

wise

2009 & 2010 POY!!!
Certified Pussy Poster
:lol::lol:

This thread is too funny!! I just could never understand how those Collins brothers have stayed in the league?? They are both ass!!

RunawaySlave

Zeitgeist
BGOL Investor
Did you see Collins stat line? (0 points 2 rebounds)

They should have played Sean Williams more.

Two rebounds is his season high so far. Check
all 6 boxscores for this season, you will see
I ain't making this up
:eek:

And its not due to lack of minutes either. He plays
at least 30 minutes per game

His brother is far superior to him in terms of skills
although he's part bum too. He just doesn't have a coach
who feels he needs to be out there 35 minutes per night
like ole laurence does with "Set Shot Willie"

deawn23

wannabe star
Registered
frank is not grown enough to understand coaching anyway! he's still in puberty...i think i saw vince taking him to the play pin @ Bk yesterday!

RunawaySlave

Zeitgeist
BGOL Investor
Tonight against NO/OK we were getting beat for most of the
game by 8-16 points with Set Shot at center. Frank FINALLY
brings Sean Williams into the get in the 4th quarter. As I
type this, the Nets are now winning by 8

some turnraround

with you know who on the bench

RunawaySlave

Zeitgeist
BGOL Investor
Nets by 11

and Williams has energized Jason Kidd as well
...shades of Kenyon. Except this guy plays center

RunawaySlave

Zeitgeist
BGOL Investor
For fucks sake
:confused:

Laurence the Tarded brings Collins back in the game
to guard David West down the stretch.....wanna guess
what happened?

1. West abuses Collins
2. The paint opens up and Chris Paul is running layup drills
3. Collins gets his second rebound, but gets it STOLEN by....

Chris Paul??

THEN gives up an "And 1"

:smh:

Laurence....GO TO THE CORNER. YOUR TABLE IS WAITING
:angry:

103226219_b6c586a161.jpg

Rollie_Fingaz

Rising Star
OG Investor
you gotta be fuckin' kidding me...they LOST???Collins stat line:

0/0-0 points...4 rebounds. 2 fouls in 22 minutes..

Rollie_Fingaz

Rising Star
OG Investor
I'm watching the pregame for the Celtics/Nets game and all I hear is the praises of Seam Williams. They ask Frank if Williams will get more minutes and he said that how he plays will dictate that, and he was the best big man on the floor.

..so who does he start??

Collins.

BTW-Collins immediately rewards his coach by picking up two fouls..:rolleyes:

Rollie_Fingaz

Rising Star
OG Investor
Now that the game is over, let's check the box score for those All-Star stats from Collins, shall we??

0-1, 0 points (0-2 from the line)...1 rebound, 0 blocked shots..TWO fouls in 9 minutes.

Meanwhile..let's check the stats of that bum Sean Williams:

5-8, 14 points (4-8 from the line) 7 rebounds, 4 blocked shots in 29 minutes.

..yeah, Williams will NEVER amount to anything. :rolleyes:

RunawaySlave

Zeitgeist
BGOL Investor
I'm watching the pregame for the Celtics/Nets game and all I hear is the praises of Seam Williams. They ask Frank if Williams will get more minutes and he said that how he plays will dictate that, and he was the best big man on the floor.

..so who does he start??

Collins.

BTW-Collins immediately rewards his coach by picking up two fouls..:rolleyes:

I'm exasperated. It seems all we HAVE are bums in the
frontcourt yet again. Don't matter whether it's Magloire,
Krstic, Nachbar or the HBIC Collins, we will be under
manned

I'm wondering who it was who actually picked Williams
to begin with. Was the regular scout out of town that day?

I feel sorry for Williams. Because he's in the lane all
by himself. He won't last much longer if they don't get
him some help

Wonder why they don't use Josh Boone

Rollie_Fingaz

Rising Star
OG Investor
Impressive Rookie Sean Williams May Get Start For Nets
November 16, 2007 - 6:04 am
New York Daily News -
Not even three weeks into his first season in the NBA, Nets' forward Sean Williams has opened eyes throughout the organization and could be rewarded with his first start when the Orlando Magic visit the Meadowlands on Friday.

Lawrence Frank did not rule out that possibility yesterday when asked about speculation regarding Williams replacing the struggling Nenad Krstic in the starting lineup. The possibility seems real since Krstic is still trying to work his way back from surgery to his left knee that kept him sidelined for most of last season. In Wednesday night's game at Boston, Krstic scored two points and was benched in the second half.

Meanwhile, the 6-10 Williams has taken off. In five games, the Boston College product has averaged 7.2points and 2.4 blocks in just over 16minutes a night. His 12 blocks are six more than the next-closest Net - Vince Carter - and equal the total of four other big men on the team.

"Rookies are a bonus," Jason Kidd said. "But right now he's a big bonus."

Rollie_Fingaz

Rising Star
OG Investor
Collins had another "0fer" (trademark Patrick Ewing) night:

0-0, 0points. 3 rebounds...0 blocked shots 5 fouls in 21 minutes

Williams

3-4, 3-3 from the line 9 points. 3 rebounds... 3 blocked shots 4 fouls in 18 minutes

*sigh*

RunawaySlave

Zeitgeist
BGOL Investor
I give up

It's not the game, its the game plan. Why does this man insist on having a grind it out offense?? We have Collins and Krstic on the frontline, but this man insists on having Kidd WALK the ball upcourt and set up a half court offense....

why?

cranrab

Star
BGOL Investor
i've caught a few nets games so far.

nobody wants to talk about it (admit it?) but the nets need vince carter more than anyone wants to let on. their O has been stagnant since he's been out.

regarding the historic revolving door of space-eaters playing the pivot for the nets. it hasn't gotten any better. collins and the euros can't hold their own, while coach frank plays the waiting game with the rookie. i've watched williams play and he brings energy to the floor. the whole squad seems to liven up when he's in the lineup.

my only guess is that it's a discipline issue.

xfactor

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Nice play by Jason Collins down the stretch. :rolleyes:

Misses two FTs that would have tied the game, then fouls out 10 seconds later and gives Miami two FTs.

Now they're down 4 with 14 seconds left. Atleast Collins has fouled out, too bad the damage has already been done. :lol:

Did Williams get the start tonight?

Rollie_Fingaz

Rising Star
OG Investor

Misses two FTs that would have tied the game, then fouls out 10 seconds later and gives Miami two FTs.

Now they're down 4 with 14 seconds left. Atleast Collins has fouled out, too bad the damage has already been done. :lol:

Did Williams get the start tonight?

Yessir..had like 18 points.

RunawaySlave

Zeitgeist
BGOL Investor

Misses two FTs that would have tied the game

You hadda bring that up
:(
:lol:

He should of only been shooting ONE FT. That would have
been "and 1" with a real big. Kidd's pass was on the money
and should have resulted in a dunk

Yessir..had like 18 points.

Not to correct you (I hate when people do that), but he
had 22. Shot 7-11 from the field too

Only flaw is that he's not a great FT shooter. But who cares?
Not like he's replacing some great FT shooter

RunawaySlave

Zeitgeist
BGOL Investor
nobody wants to talk about it (admit it?) but the nets need vince carter more than anyone wants to let on. their O has been stagnant since he's been out.

VC is the 1st option. Jefferson is 2nd. 3rd is between Kidd,
Krstic and now Williams. We had/have absolutely NO low post
offense whatsoever. Which is why Frank's grind-it-out style
is so baffling.

How you gonna grind it out without points in the paint?

Rollie_Fingaz

Rising Star
OG Investor
Not to correct you (I hate when people do that), but he
had 22. Shot 7-11 from the field too

Only flaw is that he's not a great FT shooter. But who cares?
Not like he's replacing some great FT shooter

Not a problem..I usually check the boxscore before I post. But he had a nice game.

I don't understand why the Nets stopped running that high pick and roll at the end of the game.

RunawaySlave

Zeitgeist
BGOL Investor
Nets lost again, but where in the game until Collins screwed it up in the last 28 seconds against a decnt team (or should be). So I hope Franks learned something from this

RunawaySlave

Zeitgeist
BGOL Investor
So Williams gets what?? Exactly two games to prove himself?? Frank has taken him out of the lineup already. I knew this was gonna happen. Because he's so insecure, he can fathom playing a rookie even though the nets have nothing but vets playing around him

Meanwhile, they give the bum 4 years...and running of playing time. They won tonight so they get a slight reprieve, but that was against the youngest team in the league

xfactor

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Meanwhile, they give the bum 4 years...and running of playing time. They won tonight so they get a slight reprieve, but that was against the youngest team in the league

And the Nets should have lost tonight. I really overestimated the team watching them from afar but I think they are better than their record.

Jason Kidd is a beast. Best point guard in the NBA if you ask me.

RunawaySlave

Zeitgeist
BGOL Investor
And the Nets should have lost tonight. I really overestimated the team watching them from afar but I think they are better than their record.

Jason Kidd is a beast. Best point guard in the NBA if you ask me.

Overall maybe, but Deron Williams has owned him in their last few matchups.

In this game, Brandon Roy was owning the Nets in the 1st half, but inexplicably stopped shooting in the 2nd. Portland is still learning how to win

The key play came in the final minute, when Franks was calling for a timeout after Portland had taken the lead and Kidd IGNORED him and went all the way to a basket for a 3 pt play. Portland took for granted that a TO would be called and fell asleep defensively.

That play changed the game. Also there was the FLOP by Mr Bum with about 45 seconds to go. That also changed things.

But it won't work against the better teams. Your "big man" falls down backwards against Shaq or Duncan and all they get is STEPPED on

RunawaySlave

Zeitgeist
BGOL Investor
Hey Cran, did you happen to catch the game tonight??

Laurence TRIED to lose the game for us, but we pulled it out anyway thanks to ya boi missing a FT.

Here's my quickie synopsis:

We were losing for the entire 1st half with Collins as the starter and Josh Boone as the backup. Williams played some in the 2nd quarter when the Nets made a mini run to get a double digit lead down to a semi respectable 10-12 point deficit.

Opening sequence of the 2nd half - Collins is posting up (why?) and gets an entry pass from Kidd (I think). Ball slips right through his fingers for a TO and LA gets a fast break bucket to increase the lead to 14. Frank IMMEDIATELY takes Collins out for Williams. It takes about 7-10 minutes, but eventually the Nets xcome ALL the way back to take a 12 point lead with Williams, RJ, Carter, Wright and Kidd and Nachbar (subbing for Wright or Carter) on the floor

Nets carry the lead into the 4th and are on cruise control. Of course Frank takes Williams out. Bringing in JOSH BOONE. But instead of taking Williams out for a breather (hasn't he earned that today?), he keeps Williams out until about 1 minute left and the Nets are DOWN by 3 points.

Williams comes back in and has an immediate impact on the DEFENSIVE end of the floor (no more layups). Of course, his impact had a little to do with Kobe and his penchant for the big TO

anyway, we go from 3 down to taking a 3 point lead with 7 seconds to go. That's when his highness takes over....

Oh and btw, Collins never did go back in the game after that 1st minute in the 3rd...

cranrab

Star
BGOL Investor
Laurence TRIED to lose the game for us, but we pulled it out anyway thanks to ya boi missing a FT.

i've been puzzling over this collins v. williams situation a little bit. i thought i had it figured out after watching the nets WORSTern conference road swing.

williams had been coming in for 10+ minutes, so i was speculating it was a conditioning issue (maybe he shoots his wad and gets gassed quickly), but then he plays 30 minutes tonight.

i'd still lead towards a (lack of) discipline issue: maintaining proper spacing, rotation, awareness, tendency to drift.

We were losing for the entire 1st half with Collins as the starter and Josh Boone as the backup. Williams played some in the 2nd quarter when the Nets made a mini run to get a double digit lead down to a semi respectable 10-12 point deficit.

i think the nets may be onto something with vince carter coming off the bench. it gives a little more punch and stability to the 2nd unit. more overall balance in the attack between 1st and 2nd squads. i like it.

i thought the most significant stretch was from Q2 to Q3 when lamar odom took over the game for the fakers, scoring all his field goals in an 8 or 9 minute span. not coincidentally, that was when the fakers built their largest lead.

that was about the same time in the game when tobe began to completely disappear from the game.

Of course, his impact had a little to do with Kobe and his penchant for the big TO

anyway, we go from 3 down to taking a 3 point lead with 7 seconds to go. That's when his highness takes over

my hatin' ass noticed that tobe had a missed FGA, TO and missed FTA in the last minute or so.

where does that mr. clutch reputation come from again?