So I hope people finally realize PBF vs Manny won't happen.

Jordan Diddy Buk

Support BGOL
Registered
It took me a long time to get to this point. But I finally got it. This fight isn't going to happen. When I look back the writing was all on the wall. First thing was the "blood test" that PBF never asked any other opponent before to take. Then it was the refusal to give Manny a fair share of the cut of the biggest fight of all time. Finally what became clear was the reason why PBF moved to 154. Which was not because he wanted to fight Cotto at his normal weight. But because he could move up to a weight Manny has made clear he will not fight again at. Clever as hell. We also have been graced with PBF explaining that he won't fight Manny because he is scared for his health. It is a shame.

We boxing fans are being robbed from seeing history. Whether or not you can see it. Boxing fans and the sport are Manny and PBF's biggest KO victim. PBF is not going to move back down to 147. He is not going to do a catchweight. He is not going to make a fair split of the money. Manny is not going to take a small payoff. He is not going to have his training interrupted in the Philippines. And more importantly. He is not going to abandon Bob Arum. Shit is crazy.

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
It took me a long time to get to this point. But I finally got it. This fight isn't going to happen. When I look back the writing was all on the wall. First thing was the "blood test" that PBF never asked any other opponent before to take. Then it was the refusal to give Manny a fair share of the cut of the biggest fight of all time. Finally what became clear was the reason why PBF moved to 154. Which was not because he wanted to fight Cotto at his normal weight. But because he could move up to a weight Manny has made clear he will not fight again at. Clever as hell. We also have been graced with PBF explaining that he won't fight Manny because he is scared for his health. It is a shame.

We boxing fans are being robbed from seeing history. Whether or not you can see it. Boxing fans and the sport are Manny and PBF's biggest KO victim. PBF is not going to move back down to 147. He is not going to do a catchweight. He is not going to make a fair split of the money. Manny is not going to take a small payoff. He is not going to have his training interrupted in the Philippines. And more importantly. He is not going to abandon Bob Arum. Shit is crazy.

despite the drama this fight WILL happen maybe next year maybe in five, but it will happen..

now dr dre and DETOX......:lol:

Jordan Diddy Buk

Support BGOL
Registered
:lol: he wont be the first or the last fighter to say that... as he fights into his forties

There is much out the left for either fighter. I can see him retiring. I love to see him fight Sergio. But the reality is PBF could hang them up and retire unlike almost like any fighte wld dream of. And Manny can also retire now. His resume is littered with career defining fights.

Jordan Diddy Buk

Support BGOL
Registered
Mayweather will not retire. This fight will happen in the fall.

Trust me. You will hear PBF say he is not dropping down from 154. Manny and Arum said they are not going over 147. I'm mean dude is tiny. PBF is not going to offer Manny more than 40 million. Lol, and there is no way Manny and Bob are going to take 40 million while PBF gets 110 million or more. That ain't going to happen. The fight is not going to happen.

P03t

Rising Star
OG Investor
32 mil without Pac no incentive to fight him....he needs a career defining fight to cement his legacy in the sport

if not Pac.... he has to fight Sergio at 54

Jordan Diddy Buk

Support BGOL
Registered
32 mil without Pac no incentive to fight him....he needs a career defining fight to cement his legacy in the sport

Honestly. He has a undefeated career with no defining fight. He never had to pick himself up from the floor or battle to a majority win against a tough opponent. It is the fact he is undefeated that creates the career. As long as he has the "0" a career defining fight is not needed. Beating Sergio would be that fight. But it probably won't happen. Cause I'm not even sure if Sergio can beat that light heavyweight in his division. And I can tell you something. I doubt he cares. But after all the shit he spoke about Manny and catch weights. There is no way if he fights Sergio can he do it at 154. Sergio might be willing but there is no way it should happen. Plus Sergio could do the same thing PBF does. He can take an interview as justification for him not meeting PBF at a lower weight. So if you think about it. Sergio and PBF at 154 probably won't happen either. Lol, I forgot how much PBF hates catch weights.

P03t

Rising Star
OG Investor
Honestly. He has a undefeated career with no defining fight. He never had to pick himself up from the floor or battle to a majority win against a tough opponent. It is the fact he is undefeated that creates the career. As long as he has the "0" a career defining fight is not needed. Beating Sergio would be that fight. But it probably won't happen. Cause I'm not even sure if Sergio can beat that light heavyweight in his division. And I can tell you something. I doubt he cares. But after all the shit he spoke about Manny and catch weights. There is no way if he fights Sergio can he do it at 154. Sergio might be willing but there is no way it should happen. Plus Sergio could do the same thing PBF does. He can take an interview as justification for him not meeting PBF at a lower weight. So if you think about it. Sergio and PBF at 154 probably won't happen either. Lol, I forgot how much PBF hates catch weights.

Sergio Vs May can happen.....Sergio is top 5 P4P currently but doesn't get huge paydays or great opposition...he has to fight overrated Euro's....JCC Jr has been ducking him...I don't even think he has a belt at 60 but he is still the recognized champ of the division

he would gladly take a 70/30 offer from Mayweather & he is 37 yrs old

Mayweather can retire for good & still be on the greatest list...but he has not had a career defining fight...the best other fighter of his era has been fighting in his weight class or close to weight class for yrs...for them not to fight is a shame & IMO an asterisk on both careers....he beat DLH, Hatton, Castillo, Cotto, Mosley

none of them are bigger than a Prime Hall Of Famer in Pacquiao...Leonard has his Hearns & Hagler...Ali has his Liston & Foreman...

if May can take out Sergio Or Pac thats a huge victory...

HeathCliff

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Once Pacman leaves Top Rank (if ever) then the fight can happen. That's the only way I see it happening. Cotto did it.

smiffnwessun

Star
Registered
I find it do funny how nobody spoke about mosley canelo shit was hard to watch that old man take that savage beating

Upgrade Dave

Rising Star
Registered

You are one hating ass dude, Buk.
He had asked fighters to submit to the testing before Manny: Juanh Manuel Marquez and he's asked every fighter ever since while submitting to it himself.

They agreed to the 50/50 split the first time and Manny decided to not do it. While I think it would be fair for Manny to get 50/50, he's not going to make $40 million fighting anyone else so that's a fair offer as well and he more than likely wouldn't get $40 million under a standard fight contract between the two.

So you feel Floyd moved to 154 to avoid Manny but you cried for MONTHS that Floyd should move to 154. Not only did he, he fought the top guy in the division and won decisively. And since he weighed 151 at the weigh in, it wouldn't be hard for him to get back to 147 so he won't need to fight at a catchweight.

Don't bank on him never leaving Arum. He might stay for his entire career or, like Mayweather and Cotto, he might decide that Arum is holding up the biggest payday of his career and bolt. Time will tell.
I would like to see this fight but if it doesnt' happen, I'm good and boxing and boxing fans will be fine.

Upgrade Dave

Rising Star
Registered

I like Sergio and the fight is doable at 154 but Sergio has got to show he can put asses in seats or make people tune in. Since the Ortiz fight didn't do as well as Mayweather fights normally do ( 1 million seems to be the floor for May), they want someone who can contribute something to the promotion or Sergio will just look like Floyd's "Bum of the Month" to the casual ignorant fans.

Alaskanredman

Star
Registered
He had asked fighters to submit to the testing before Manny: Juanh Manuel Marquez and he's asked every fighter ever since while submitting to it himself.

They agreed to the 50/50 split the first time and Manny decided to not do it. While I think it would be fair for Manny to get 50/50, he's not going to make $40 million fighting anyone else so that's a fair offer as well and he more than likely wouldn't get $40 million under a standard fight contract between the two.

So you feel Floyd moved to 154 to avoid Manny but you cried for MONTHS that Floyd should move to 154. Not only did he, he fought the top guy in the division and won decisively. And since he weighed 151 at the weigh in, it wouldn't be hard for him to get back to 147 so he won't need to fight at a catchweight.

Don't bank on him never leaving Arum. He might stay for his entire career or, like Mayweather and Cotto, he might decide that Arum is holding up the biggest payday of his career and bolt. Time will tell.
I would like to see this fight but if it doesnt' happen, I'm good and boxing and boxing fans will be fine.

Come son... How you gonna stop me in the other thread and then even acknowledge this bullshit?

Alaskanredman

Star
Registered
I like Sergio and the fight is doable at 154 but Sergio has got to show he can put asses in seats or make people tune in. Since the Ortiz fight didn't do as well as Mayweather fights normally do ( 1 million seems to be the floor for May), they want someone who can contribute something to the promotion or Sergio will just look like Floyd's "Bum of the Month" to the casual ignorant fans.

I think if he fights Martinez it will be his last fight so he won't care that much. Right now, I see him only getting out of bed for a motherfucker who has an audience like Canelo. I think beating the shot, but "warrior" Shane has earned him some credit. If not, I can see Cotto and Canelo getting in Sept and the winner meeting early next year.

Jordan Diddy Buk

Support BGOL
Registered

Why should Sergio come down? PBF fights guys at their proper weight. I think he could beat Sergio with him coming in at the 160 weight limit. I think it is the kind of signature fight he can use. And if he did lose. I don't think it would be a knock on his career. Sergio is considered top 3 pound for pound.

Jordan Diddy Buk

Support BGOL
Registered
I think if he fights Martinez it will be his last fight so he won't care that much. Right now, I see him only getting out of bed for a motherfucker who has an audience like Canelo. I think beating the shot, but "warrior" Shane has earned him some credit. If not, I can see Cotto and Canelo getting in Sept and the winner meeting early next year.

I would pick Canelo over Cotto. Simply cause I think Cotto has fooled a lot of people.

Jordan Diddy Buk

Support BGOL
Registered

I do believe 154 is his natural weight. But I also feel like he could drop back to 147. But he won't because he will try to make Manny move up. I could be reading into things. But PBF is a good chess player. It is about hate. It is about finally coming to terms the fight won't happen. Don't you agree?

Alaskanredman

Star
Registered
Why should Sergio come down? PBF fights guys at their proper weight. I think he could beat Sergio with him coming in at the 160 weight limit. I think it is the kind of signature fight he can use. And if he did lose. I don't think it would be a knock on his career. Sergio is considered top 3 pound for pound.

Maybe because Martinez keeps saying he should be at 154 and that is the weight he is comfortable at.

Alaskanredman

Star
Registered
I would pick Canelo over Cotto. Simply cause I think Cotto has fooled a lot of people.

He has only fooled fools. I've been saying the kid would eat him up and that Cotto is overhyped, but yall was acting like I was talking about some sacrilegious shit. I've been speaking with my eyes wide open and I liked Cotto until he bullshitted around at 154. I've been critical of his fuckery and failings like every other boxer.

Last edited:

P03t

Rising Star
OG Investor

Truth :yes:

unfortunately thats the fucked up part

in Boxing the casual fans really run the sport...:smh:

Upgrade Dave

Rising Star
Registered
Come son... How you gonna stop me in the other thread and then even acknowledge this bullshit?

'Cause I'm fucking stupid:D. That was the first thought that came to my mind before I hit "Submit Reply" and I did it anyway.
I'm blaming this on my wife being away for two days (going on three). I need my counterbalance around me or I'm vulnerable to bullshit.

I would like to see Cotto-Canelo. I think that's the only fight available for Cotto to be willing to accept and it would be Canelo finally beating somebody if he won.

You are one hating ass dude. So now the yardstick is he has to fight Sergio at middleweight while he didn't even make the jr middleweight limit?
"Signature fight". :lol: Seeing that fans voted to see his demolition of Diego Corrales from 10 yrs ago, it looks like a lot of people have already decided what his "signature fight" is.
Martinez campaigns at middleweight because no jr middles will fight him (and none of the top middles are jumping at the chance either). But he's a small middleweight who's natural fighting weight looks to be jr middle so Floyd would be fighting him at his proper weight.

I do believe 154 is his natural weight. But I also feel like he could drop back to 147. But he won't because he will try to make Manny move up. I could be reading into things. But PBF is a good chess player. It is about hate. It is about finally coming to terms the fight won't happen. Don't you agree?

He's had one fight at 154, why wouldn't he go back to 147? He's done it before. Just to make Manny move up? There isn't one thing that would change in their fight over those 7 lbs. Floyd would still be a better counter puncher and Manny would still be walking into overhand rights.

Truth :yes:

unfortunately thats the fucked up part

in Boxing the casual fans really run the sport...:smh:

:yes:
Man, I was listening to this chick talk about all the fights she's been too and it was an impressive list (Dallas and Vegas) but when she said "Tarver won both of those fights with Roy Jones", I tuned that bitch out.

Jordan Diddy Buk

Support BGOL
Registered
Dude does not let facts interfere with his opinion.

What fact shows that him being at 154 is wrong? He comes in around 150 to 152 every fight. That is right under the limit. It makes sense to me. Why starve to make weight at 147 when you can come in naturally and make 154?

P03t

Rising Star
OG Investor
154 is more Mayweathers natural weight I think he walks around close to 154 IMO

Upgrade Dave

Rising Star
Registered
What fact shows that him being at 154 is wrong? He comes in around 150 to 152 every fight. That is right under the limit. It makes sense to me. Why starve to make weight at 147 when you can come in naturally and make 154?

154 is more Mayweathers natural weight I think he walks around close to 154 IMO

I'm really only explaining this, from my perspective, to Po3t because he's shown himself to be a reasonable guy without a vendetta.
Mayweather has had two jr middleweight fights. In neither has he even got to 154 for the weigh in. To be that low under weight looks more like he had to put on weight and not lose it. Either way, he would be a very small jr middleweight fighting guys who would generally come in weighing over 160-165 lbs. The welterweight division is the place for guys who naturally weigh, fully hydrated, between 147-155.
If he chooses to campaign at the weight, great but I don't expect him to do it full time. As it is, there are only two noteworthy fights there and one's with a guy who fights at middleweight (Sergio Martinez), the other is a guy who hasn't shown he deserves to fight a fight of that scale.
If he chooses to fight at welter, great but there isn't much there either but Manny Pacquiao and that fight isn't happening (we do agree on that, just for different reasons).
I'm not for or against him doing either but the reasoning given by the OP was total bullshit with him constantly moving the goalposts because of whatever he has against Mayweather.

P03t

Rising Star
OG Investor
I'm really only explaining this, from my perspective, to Po3t because he's shown himself to be a reasonable guy without a vendetta.
Mayweather has had two jr middleweight fights. In neither has he even got to 154 for the weigh in. To be that low under weight looks more like he had to put on weight and not lose it. Either way, he would be a very small jr middleweight fighting guys who would generally come in weighing over 160-165 lbs. The welterweight division is the place for guys who naturally weigh, fully hydrated, between 147-155.
If he chooses to campaign at the weight, great but I don't expect him to do it full time. As it is, there are only two noteworthy fights there and one's with a guy who fights at middleweight (Sergio Martinez), the other is a guy who hasn't shown he deserves to fight a fight of that scale.
If he chooses to fight at welter, great but there isn't much there either but Manny Pacquiao and that fight isn't happening (we do agree on that, just for different reasons).
I'm not for or against him doing either but the reasoning given by the OP was total bullshit with him constantly moving the goalposts because of whatever he has against Mayweather.

I feel you...he came into the Cotto fight @ 151 so you have a valid point...

he has to fight @ 154 there is nothing at WW for him except Pac :lol:

Upgrade Dave

Rising Star
Registered

I feel you...he came into the Cotto fight @ 151 so you have a valid point...

he has to fight @ 154 there is nothing at WW for him except Pac :lol:

And Arum is not letting that happen.

154 might be his natural weight or close to it but that would make him the only guy at jr middleweight who's natural weight is 154. Everybody else is at least a middleweight with quite a few being super middleweights.

Alaskanredman

Star
Registered
And Arum is not letting that happen.

154 might be his natural weight or close to it but that would make him the only guy at jr middleweight who's natural weight is 154. Everybody else is at least a middleweight with quite a few being super middleweights.

:smh: damn shame that this even has to be explained to a boxing "fan".

dime bag

Rising Star
Registered

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/_nyU_-5pYTw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

15:37

he says he came in at 147 for the cotto fight . i highly doubt doubt weight will be a issue . more than likly the major hang up will be the revenue split , venue wont be built in time :hmm: , elections , or mannys cut will start acting up again