Sistas Do You Still Love Black Men???

CT's Finest

Tar Heels/Lakers/Giants
Registered
As a black man, I just want to know if you all still have love for the brothers. I'm a film maker and I'm set to help a young lady with a documentary about positive images of black men. She has an organization that focuses on that, and she as asked me to help her with a doc to support that. The plan is to shoot footage and interview brothers who are doing positive things in their communities. We were supposed to begin shooting this evening, but due to scheduling conflicts that won't happen just yet... So ladies, my question to you is do you still love us? Who are the (positive) men in your lives? How important do you think it is for young girls to have positive male role models? Holla back...

ladyscorpio

Lively up yourself
Super Moderator
I love my brothers. :yes: I believe we had a thread dedicated to the positive vibes regarding brothers.

To answer some of your questions
The positive men in my life are my grandfather give thanks turned 90 years last September and is still for me a teacher of life's lessons.
My little brother who has had to deal with a lot for his young age 25 now but now he has to raise his daughters on his own I have continued to see a strength in him that I never thought I'd see.

It is a great thing for a young female to have a male in their lives. Girls need their father as much as they need their mother. There are things a daddy can teach that a mother although capable would not impact the child in the same manner as if from a father.

CT I wish you success in your venture. Its seems that it would be an interesting thing to participate in.

peace

nukdollars

Star
Registered
i hope so cause,i'm seeing more black women becoming dikes in an alarming rate and i see them with the blue-eyed devil more than ever...any black women with knowledge of their roots,are suppose to avoid them at all cost...

some white people are cool...some.

CT's Finest

Tar Heels/Lakers/Giants
Registered
I love my brothers. :yes: I believe we had a thread dedicated to the positive vibes regarding brothers.

To answer some of your questions
The positive men in my life are my grandfather give thanks turned 90 years last September and is still for me a teacher of life's lessons.
My little brother who has had to deal with a lot for his young age 25 now but now he has to raise his daughters on his own I have continued to see a strength in him that I never thought I'd see.

It is a great thing for a young female to have a male in their lives. Girls need their father as much as they need their mother. There are things a daddy can teach that a mother although capable would not impact the child in the same manner as if from a father.

CT I wish you success in your venture. Its seems that it would be an interesting thing to participate in.

peace

Yes, I remember that thread, actually I had that in mind when I started this. I guess I wanted to take it a step further and ask you ladies about the importance of men in a woman's life. Too many time we hear about women not needing men. I can understand that to a point because a person should never be dependent on others for their own self worth and image, but at the same time I don't think it's healthy to be drunk with independence. As a man I also feel that I have to check my pride from time to time. The point of this is to hear from you all (the women of the board) about how men influence, and enhance the lives of women and how you see us in the family and community structure. Hopefully you all have had positive experiences that you are willing to share...

Thanks for the support LS!

Jam_Jam

Star
Registered
The man I admire most is my father. My parents had 9 children. My father worked and my mom stayed home. I had a good upbringing. Having a father who was hard working and dependable showed me what to expect from a man. I don't tolerate bullshit because of the positive influence my father has had on my life. He wasn't the most affectionate father but I never doubted his love for me. He was very protective and this spared me from some of the events that plagued the lives of my friends. My grandfather (father's father) was the same way. He was an alcoholic, but he still managed to take care of business. Because of his drinking I didn't get to spend much time with him as a child, but by the time I was a teenager he was clean and sober and I got a chance to really know him. He introduced me to black literature and showed me how to play poker. Having positive males in your life is very important in my opinion. The first man you ever love is your father and when you miss out on that you can sometimes spend the rest of your life searching for it.

CT's Finest

Tar Heels/Lakers/Giants
Registered
The man I admire most is my father. My parents had 9 children. My father worked and my mom stayed home. I had a good upbringing. Having a father who was hard working and dependable showed me what to expect from a man. I don't tolerate bullshit because of the positive influence my father has had on my life. He wasn't the most affectionate father but I never doubted his love for me. He was very protective and this spared me from some of the events that plagued the lives of my friends. My grandfather (father's father) was the same way. He was an alcoholic, but he still managed to take care of business. Because of his drinking I didn't get to spend much time with him as a child, but by the time I was a teenager he was clean and sober and I got a chance to really know him. He introduced me to black literature and showed me how to play poker. Having positive males in your life is very important in my opinion. The first man you ever love is your father and when you miss out on that you can sometimes spend the rest of your life searching for it.

That's what's up!!!

PainInDAss

Potential Star
Registered
Jesus, yet another fuckin' post about "Self-Assurance" man, what the fuck is up with you. Did you grow up with a mom that ain't love you? why must you keep this connection with sistas or get depressed when you see them with a white boy, seriously. it's not that serious....

LeroyDibiase

Rising Star
Registered
Jesus, yet another fuckin' post about "Self-Assurance" man, what the fuck is up with you. Did you grow up with a mom that ain't love you? why must you keep this connection with sistas or get depressed when you see them with a white boy, seriously. it's not that serious....

I ain't supposed to laugh, but I'm gonna anyway. :lol::lol::lol::roflmao:

DeSiRe

The Get It Girl
BGOL Investor
the most influental black man in my life is my father...he is by no means perfect...but anytime i have asked him to do anything hes done it...sometimes even without the means to do so...i love him!

do i still love the black man...of course!

i love yalls swag...passion...the way yall express yallselves...drive...sex....body...skin...i dont know where to stop

i think black men have SOOO much potential but often times sell themselves short

we have so many potential world class lovers...amazing fathers...savvy business men

but too many settle for noting

ladyscorpio

Lively up yourself
Super Moderator

The first man that you "should" ever love you mean. My father spent his life drowning away in alcohol. Although my brother and I spent time with him it was never a close relationship. I remember him trying to teach us things but I never took anything he said to heart. My grandfather and my uncles became my lifelines where male role models are concerned. Unfortunate but that is how it is sometimes.

CT's Finest

Tar Heels/Lakers/Giants
Registered

You're right it's not that serious, and this is not about self assurance (for me) homie. Like I said, I was thinking about the doc I'm gonna with shorty which is about her love and appreciation for black men and just decided to pose a question to the ladies on here. If you read what I originally posted you would know that. If you think this is pointless, cool, keep it moving, but don't knock my hustle...

Last edited:

CT's Finest

Tar Heels/Lakers/Giants
Registered
the most influental black man in my life is my father...he is by no means perfect...but anytime i have asked him to do anything hes done it...sometimes even without the means to do so...i love him!

do i still love the black man...of course!

i love yalls swag...passion...the way yall express yallselves...drive...sex....body...skin...i dont know where to stop

i think black men have SOOO much potential but often times sell themselves short

we have so many potential world class lovers...amazing fathers...savvy business men

but too many settle for noting

Arch%20Bishop%20Don%20Magic%20Juan%20full.jpg

PREACH! CHURCH! TABERNACLE!

onyxfemme

Punk Ass Decepticons!
BGOL Investor
Always have always will! I am so fotunate to have been raised in a 2 parent household. But my dad is not my biological father. But he is the only father I know. Because of my him I learned that all men are not bad. Actually, I learned that there are alot of good black men and ya'll deserve recognition. I learned to not settle for anything less than a man that will be good to me and my children. And also the importance of fathers in the lives of children.

CT's Finest

Tar Heels/Lakers/Giants
Registered
Fam, this thread quickly separates the mature from the immature...so when u see certain names in the future you know what u are dealin' with. Good fortune with that documentary fam....1

True indeed... Thanks for wishing us luck on the doc.

bigirl

anti- voluntary ignorance
BGOL Investor
Wow? are you serious? If so why?

yes i am serious. your kind is just out for self. i don't trust none of you. i don't like none of you. go stick your lil pee pee in some other hole since the hole doesn't matter to yall. :angry:

CT's Finest

Tar Heels/Lakers/Giants
Registered
yes i am serious. your kind is just out for self. i don't trust none of you. i don't like none of you. go stick your lil pee pee in some other hole since the hole doesn't matter to yall. :angry:

Damn Ma! I don't want to get too personal, and I'm not trying to be funny when I say this, but it sounds like you've been hurt by a guy and you never got over it. I may be completely wrong, but that's the feeling I get from reading what you've written...

SEXY_SCORPIO

So pretty!
BGOL Investor

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I already answered the question. My love for black men will never change. There is bad apples in every race of man

bgbtylvr

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I think they love niggas and hoodrats but confuse THEM with real black men. True black women are fed up, but....with the fukt up choices THEY make in choosing men, not men in general. They don't have to educate, fix up or complain about a black man, they need to stop getting knocked up by "niggas". Once a black woman realizes that it's her choices in men, se usually mellows out and attracts a good one.

CT's Finest

Tar Heels/Lakers/Giants
Registered
^^^^ The way a woman carries herself influences the type of men and attention she gets. I agree with you on the point that there is a difference between a black man and a N. It is important for a woman to be able to make that distinction and choose which on she wants...

followup

BGOL Investor
I think they love niggas and hoodrats but confuse THEM with real black men. True black women are fed up, but....with the fukt up choices THEY make in choosing men, not men in general. They don't have to educate, fix up or complain about a black man, they need to stop getting knocked up by "niggas". Once a black woman realizes that it's her choices in men, se usually mellows out and attracts a good one.

**SIGH** I bet you consider yourself a "real black man"? Drop some more N bombs and make more assumptions. Just because that's what the women you know like, don't generalize please

Chicutie

~Brown Suga~
BGOL Investor
^^^^ The way a woman carries herself influences the type of men and attention she gets. I agree with you on the point that there is a difference between a black man and a N. It is important for a woman to be able to make that distinction and choose which on she wants...

I think what you said here is so true.

As the for the question, I definitely never stopped loving black men.

owl

BGOL Investor
This is foolish, man...any real man knows that black women have never stopped loving us, it was us who stopped first...

PONY

Potential Star
Registered
As a black man, I just want to know if you all still have love for the brothers. I'm a film maker and I'm set to help a young lady with a documentary about positive images of black men. She has an organization that focuses on that, and she as asked me to help her with a doc to support that. The plan is to shoot footage and interview brothers who are doing positive things in their communities. We were supposed to begin shooting this evening, but due to scheduling conflicts that won't happen just yet... So ladies, my question to you is do you still love us? Who are the (positive) men in your lives? How important do you think it is for young girls to have positive male role models? Holla back...

Do we STILL have love for the brothers? What do you mean by STILL? Is that an admission? Do we still have love for the brothers after they....what? / even tho they....what? Even tho they've abandoned us Black women for the spanish mamis, indian chicks, white gurls, persian beauties.. ... even tho they've turned their backs on us long time ago? Of course I'm just generally speakin'.. . .... .but um... . ... .. 2 answer the question.. . ..

OF COURSE I still have love for the brothers. . ...

Can't see myself givin' my love away to anything else.. .. ;)

CT's Finest

Tar Heels/Lakers/Giants
Registered
This is foolish, man...any real man knows that black women have never stopped loving us, it was us who stopped first...

As a real man I know this is the case generally speaking, I'm just asking a question based on an upcoming project as I have mentioned within this thread. I wanted to get SOL's responses and find out how they feel. As you know there are some sista's here who have anti-male, angry chick attitudes. Some of that may be against men in general, and some may be specifically about black men. I'm asking them to think. Whether they respond or not, the point of this is the look within and answer the question for themselves...

I feel and sound...

record.jpg

...by having to re-state the bold text. It's all gravy though, hopefully you all understand the point of this now...

Last edited:

Izayoi

Scooty Puff Pilot
BGOL Investor

Do we STILL have love for the brothers? What do you mean by STILL? Is that an admission? Do we still have love for the brothers after they....what? / even tho they....what? Even tho they've abandoned us Black women for the spanish mamis, indian chicks, white gurls, persian beauties.. ... even tho they've turned their backs on us long time ago? Of course I'm just generally speakin'.. . .... .but um... . ... .. 2 answer the question.. . ..

OF COURSE I still have love for the brothers. . ...

Can't see myself givin' my love away to anything else.. .. ;)

Provocative statements these two. Welcome Pony.

I never felt abandoned by black men, but my head is in another place :lol:...I haven't really analyzed the issue because I've not had trouble forming positive relationship with black men in the past, but hmm food for thought.

GET YOU HOT

Superfly Moderator
BGOL Investor
Black men stopped loving black women some time ago, blame it on disco or rap, hormones in food or welfare.

Of course, I still have love for bro bros, silly question...!!!