Should Ty Lue be fired? Cavs get beat down again 148 to 124 by the Thunder.

Duece

Get your shit together
BGOL Investor
148 points?
was that an overtime game that got away from the Cavs?

Gemini

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
5 Trades to Fix the Cavaliers

lebron-warriors

It's January, and like the last few years, the Cleveland Cavaliers are in turmoil. Unlike in the past, there is some real uncertainty surrounding the team's success going forward, and according to ESPN's Dave McMenamin, "Several prominent Cavs Players" are concerned about the immediate future of the team as a contender. While it seems like the sky is falling for the Cavs at the moment, things could be worse. They do have the ability to improve the roster.

The biggest potential asset being the coveted Brooklyn Nets unprotected first round pick, which currently looks to be in the top-5 range in a loaded draft class. Will the Cavs use it, though? That is the question of the moment, as it seems that Cavs players—likely LeBron James—are pressuring the organization to flip the pick for help now. With the NBA Trade Deadline a mere three weeks away, we've put together five trades to potentially fix the Cleveland Cavaliers.

At this moment, Tristan Thompson and JR Smith are two of the Cavs' biggest weaknesses on the court. JR is in a slump that seems never-ending and TT doesn't really fit what the Cavs need at the moment. Jordan would change the look and feel of the team, giving them a true rim protector and a dynamic presence inside. In this deal, the Cavs would also get Lou Williams, who is in the midst of a career year, and Bazemore, who would fill the much-needed role of a 3 and D guy on the roster. Would this put the Cavs closer to the Warriors? Unclear, but it would make things easier in the meantime.

Cavs Trade for Paul George.
cavs-thunder-trade

Over the summer, the Cavs almost traded for George. It was close, but not completed, which led the Pacers to send George to Oklahoma City. On paper, the Thunder were seen as a true contender to the Warriors, but things have not gone according to plan with PG, Russell Westbrook, and Carmelo Anthony. While the Thunder have said openly they're not looking to trade George, that could change if the team stays near the bottom of the West standings and panic creeps in.

The likelihood of George leaving this summer remains high and at this point, getting an asset for PG might be the way to go. For the Cavs, it would certainly be a risk, but adding a talent like George next to LeBron is worth taking a chance.

Cavs Trade for CJ McCollum.
cavs-blazers-trade

The Cavs need some firepower. Yes, the defense is a mess, but that's always been bad. At the moment, the Cavs are in an offensive slump that could easily change by adding a dynamic scorer like McCollum. Is CJ available? That's unclear, but with the Blazers having one of the highest payrolls in the NBA and another season teetering at .500, you would think something has to change out West.

Cavs Trade for Marc Gasol.

cavs-grizz-trade

Things are pretty bad in Memphis right now. The Grizzlies fired their promising coach—David Fizdale—and currently are sitting near the bottom of the standings without starting an actual teardown and rebuild. That might mean it's time to move on and sell some pieces. Insert the Cavs and a deal that would send Marc Gasol and Tyreke Evans to the Cavs in exchange for Thompson, Iman Shumpert, and the Brooklyn pick. This would be a significant talent upgrade for the Cavs and would fare well in a matchup with the Warriors.

Let's Get the Knicks Involved...

cavs-knicks-trade

This trade is a bit less marquee than the others, but would have the Knicks also getting the Cavs' own 1st round pick in the deal. The additions of Courtney Lee and Evan Fournier would solidify some things for the Cavs on the wing, as JR has disappeared from the face of the Earth.

http://www.complex.com/sports/2018/01/5-trades-to-fix-cavs

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
Marc Gasol has slipped also fellas

Dude is about to be 33, the goal is to get younger

and why would any team want any of those players

The goal is to get younger, cap relief and draft picks for any team...not sorry ass Tristian Thompson and JR Smith. If they can't help the Cavs, how can they help another team?

Chitownheadbusa

♏|God|♏
BGOL Investor
My question is why havent IT name not been brought up in trade discussions?

I know its still early. It takes time to "blend" with new teammates. Also, I know theres no PG on the block who's on IT's level (except Kemba). BUT.....Love has looked mediocre since IT returned. I dont know if its because theyre tryna get him involved or not, but Love has taken a step back. ALso, IT is one of the main pieces that I feel wont resign after this year (ala Paul George). They should talk to him, see where he wants to play and make a deal. Maybe trade him and that draft pick. They can pick up a SERVICEABLE point guard and much more.

Reactions: BAG

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
My question is why havent IT name not been brought up in trade discussions?

I know its still early. It takes time to "blend" with new teammates. Also, I know theres no PG on the block who's on IT level (except Kemba) BUT.....Love has looked mediocre since IT returned. I dont know if its because theyre tryna get him involved or not, but Love has taken a step back. ALso, IT is one of the main pieces that I feel wont resign long term after this year (ala Paul George). They should talk to him, see where he wants to play and make a deal. Maybe trade him and that draft pick. They can pick up a SERVICEABLE point guard and much more.

because IT isn't a real PG and also a BIG liability on defense

plus his game means he can't just fit in.

Boston essentially Allen Iversoned him for him to be successful

Look at his time with Phoenix and Sacramento

shamone

Rising Star
OG Investor
for what? he got them to 2 championships and a ring. tristan need to step it up as well as jr. we'll see what happen after the all star break.

Coldchi

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
them niggaz keep relying on those broke ass jumpers instead of taking it to the rack.
they'll miss 20 str8 shots before one of them mufuckas realize that they need to score some layups.

BAG

Cleveland D-T-W [216]
BGOL Investor
I don't know if he should be fired but dude seem not to get mad and bark at players I know LBJ is President GM and owner but Lue should jump up in some peoples faces even when Lebron spazzed out on the team a few days ago it was an assistant coach barking back at him or with him I guess Lue was somewhere drinking a bottle of water.

I would like to see the Cavs with a proven well respected seasoned coach but that won't happen until you know the King is staying, but the world around town is the Cavs are about blow up the roster in a major way I can see 2-4 players being moved in the next 2 weeks.

Lou Williams and Kemba Walker would be a nice fit I think and just about any mid-tier center would outshine that bullshit Tristan Thompson is putting out right now.

ak_rep

Rising Star
Registered
Lou Williams and Kemba Walker would be a nice fit I think and just about any mid-tier center would outshine that bullshit Tristan Thompson is putting out right now.

That shit better not happen.:smh: And you know Jordan isn't helping Lebron out. And where did you hear Lou was on the trading block?:dunno:

There's really no escape. Figure it out.

Rollie_Fingaz

Rising Star
OG Investor
That shit better not happen.:smh: And you know Jordan isn't helping Lebron out. And where did you hear Lou was on the trading block?:dunno:

There's really no escape. Figure it out.

I can't see Lou Williams going anywhere unless the Cavs give up something significant.

BAG

Cleveland D-T-W [216]
BGOL Investor
I can't see Lou Williams going anywhere unless the Cavs give up something significant.

Word is LAC won't give him up unless they get that pick! Terrible time to be The Cavs "GM" I mean unless a miracle happens there are going to get humiliated in a close ECF finals and just ran off the court if they make it to the finals, The main reason this is happening to the Cavs something stinks in the locker room I don't think IT and Jae Crowder really want to be in Cleveland K-Love is just a business partner and they really don't like him like that I think you got Rose, Wade, Tristan as LBJ Holy circle Kevin Love in a corner by hisself and then everybody else.