Sergio vs Chavez - Sept 15th.

Alaskanredman

Star
Registered
Been telling ya'll about Martinez' defense getting him caught. He survived because he was fighting a big certified bum, but had he been in there with a motherfucker like Canelo during that 12th round... :smh:. I'm glad every got to see him for what he is on the big stage and that Martinez' hard work will pay off.

Chavez doesn't deserve a rematch. He needs to go ahead and retire. He is a disgrace to the sport.

Finally... yes, Canelo was fighting someone he was suppose to beat, he still made a statement to me. Cotto's bitch ass should be fighting this kid, but Cotto isn't trying to get his head knocked off again.

Upgrade Dave

Rising Star
Registered
Which is why I'm kind of asking about that...he's known to be up to 20 pounds over the limit when the fight happens, so people are gonna question why he gets up to that weight so fast...He did it against Rubio in April

I'm sure Roach and his people told him to stop doing HBO's unofficial weigh ins. They arent (that) stupid and have to know that plays into the way he's perceived so they dont feed into it.

Been telling ya'll about Martinez' defense getting him caught. He survived because he was fighting a big certified bum, but had he been in there with a motherfucker like Canelo during that 12th round... :smh:. I'm glad every got to see him for what he is on the big stage and that Martinez' hard work will pay off.

Chavez doesn't deserve a rematch. He needs to go ahead and retire. He is a disgrace to the sport.

Finally... yes, Canelo was fighting someone he was suppose to beat, he still made a statement to me. Cotto's bitch ass should be fighting this kid, but Cotto isn't trying to get his head knocked off again.

You're preaching to the choir about Martinez and his defense. It's been my pet peeve about him for a long time but it takes a guy with the speed to make him pay to make him change.
Way too hard on Chavez though. There are plenty of guys who are a disgrace and I don't see him as one and I'm not a fan of his at all. He doesn't deserve a rematch but that 12th rd performance will get him one. Now that he's seen the difference between fighting a contender (Lee) and a real champion, he can become a better fighter. It's in his hands at this point.
I don't see any reason, short of Miguel's retirement, that Cotto-Alvarez isn't made for Cinco De Mayo.

Upgrade Dave

Rising Star
Registered
I would be surprised if he did fight dude. I think Canelo would beat him pretty badly.

I'm on the fence on this one. Canelo's looked good against lesser comp but Cotto would be his toughest test by far. On the other hand, to me, Cotto has looked better in defeat against Pacquaio and Mayweather than most of his victories.

Alaskanredman

Star
Registered
I'm on the fence on this one. Canelo's looked good against lesser comp but Cotto would be his toughest test by far. On the other hand, to me, Cotto has looked better in defeat against Pacquaio and Mayweather than most of his victories.

I think Cotto will crumble as soon as he feels that power.

merce77

Star
Registered
Canelo couldn't knock an old Mosley out. Fighting a guy who jumped up 2 weight classes and hurting him with body shots ain't impressing me. The kid got skills but to act like he could run through a guy like Cotto with that bit of power - I just don't see it. Margarito had plaster hands and could only make Cotto take a knee.

Alaskanredman

Star
Registered
Canelo couldn't knock an old Mosley out. Fighting a guy who jumped up 2 weight classes and hurting him with body shots ain't impressing me. The kid got skills but to act like he could run through a guy like Cotto with that bit of power - I just don't see it. Margarito had plaster hands and could only make Cotto take a knee.

Yeah, Canelo couldn't drop Mosley but Cotto isn't Mosley. Cotto has had the wobbles from a few people.

tp2001

Star
Registered
I'm sure Roach and his people told him to stop doing HBO's unofficial weigh ins. They arent (that) stupid and have to know that plays into the way he's perceived so they dont feed into it.

:yes: true man they know folks catching up to their games...

I don't see any reason, short of Miguel's retirement, that Cotto-Alvarez isn't made for Cinco De Mayo.

Boxing is known for having a big fight on that weekend every year...I agree with this one being it

Star
Registered

Do me a favor. Retire as a boxing analyst, everytime you come out here you're singing the same song, is getting old quick. Please find something else you're good.

Alaskanredman

Star
Registered
Do me a favor. Retire as a boxing analyst, everytime you come out here you're singing the same song, is getting old quick. Please find something else you're good.

The song changes when the facts change. You aren't forced to read my post. I don't think I even remember you adding anything worthwhile so stop reading my shit and type your own shit:eek:

Jordan Diddy Buk

Support BGOL
Registered
Cotto is a fraud if you think of him as a top fighter. He is in the same class as Zab. When you fight the best and the only win one of those fights. And that is after his face was broken by a guy you lost to. You are overrated. Cotto is just like Zab. I think seeing Cotto in the ring with any fighter that has a good chance at beating him is a deservice to him and boxing fans. Canelo would kill Cotto.

tp2001

Star
Registered
Cotto is a fraud if you think of him as a top fighter. He is in the same class as Zab. When you fight the best and the only win one of those fights. And that is after his face was broken by a guy you lost to. You are overrated. Cotto is just like Zab. I think seeing Cotto in the ring with any fighter that has a good chance at beating him is a deservice to him and boxing fans. Canelo would kill Cotto.

Wow this is some bold shit right here...Cotto is one of the most respected fighters of this era and has been a stand up guy from the start...To dismiss him like that is crazy talk and you would be in the minority in that case. Look at how he hung in there against Floyd for 12 rounds

Let's see how he does against Trout in two months...Plus I'm not sold on Canelo yet