Ron Paul's opinion of Blacks

GET YOU HOT

Superfly Moderator
BGOL Investor
Re: The Official Ron Paul Thread

He is not half bad, he's as American as apple pie...

krusty_seal_of_approval.jpg

Profit

Rising Star
Registered

Fuck Ron Paul.

I'm voting for Obama and but for discussions sake, why should I support Ron Paul knowing the following? Why would you if you've ever considered the following?

• He's in all likeliness a racist. Where theres smoke, theres fire. Too much has come out about this guy to just ignore.
  • Libertarianism is destructive to low income families who largely require govt assistance. It's basically an only the (financially) strongest survive type of deal. Black communities are not there yet and will suffer most.
  • Libertarianism strips the constitution down to its bare essence, of which black folks were never itended to be a part of. The govt will not be required to protect the very civil rights my ancestors fought diligently for.

Of ALL the candidates, this guy would be last to get my vote.

Profit

Rising Star
Registered

Edit: QueEx, you deleted your post so it looks a little out context now but here ya go...

QueEx said:
I'm not voting for Ron Paul either, but you raise some interesting issues. Let's look at some of them:
Gladly...

If you're going to label someone a racist, shouldn't you at least make the case that he is so that others can have the benefit of your knowledge and vision??? So, explain. Please.

There are several instances on this very site if you've visited any of the Ron Paul threads. The racist comments in a newspaper bearing his name & the way he voted against the 64 civil rights act to name a couple. Misc little things are abundant on the internet moreso than I feel comfortable with. Type Ron Paul and racist into google and I'm sure you'll find no shortage of "smoke". Maybe some is true, maybe some is not. Until he publically defends the allegations, I have to say fuck him

You might have something there. But, for those of us who don't know exactly what you mean, why don't you explain :yes:

Libertarianism and it's current face, Ron Paul, are for as little government involvement in our lives as possible. Sure, less taxes sound great. It's all good if you're upper or middle class income and a white male. The rest of us who depend on the government for things like social security, welfare (not abusers), healthcare, anti-discrimination policies, ect.. would suffer. Sorry if I don't trust the white man to do the right thing without govt pressure when he has historically proven he will not.

Here again, what exactly do you mean??? Give us the 5 W's (who, what, when, why and <s>w</s>how.

Not to be a smart ass but I think the original post for this part is self explanatory. Surely you must know that blacks were not considered at all when the founding fathers spoke of "all men".

thoughtone

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

If Ron Paul sticks to this current incarnation of himself, minus the bigotry that is seemly bubbling up about is past, he could truly be an agent of change for the Republican Party. The current phase of the republican ideology professes liberty thru economic and social plutocracy. Paul’s southern sentiments are from a long lineage of Dixie populism, which in many ways parallel John Edward’s campaign. What Paul’s supporters fail to think thru is once you strip away the burden of massive government, real problems still exist such as the cost and availably of health care and the dependence on oil and the associated problems that entails just to name a two. Paul is likely this election seasons true third party candidate. In some ways more in common with Ralph Nader than Mitt Romney. If Paul can build an even broader coalition after the election, he might have a place at the republican power table in 2012.

360KNOWLEDGE

Potential Star
Registered

Edit: QueEx, you deleted your post so it looks a little out context now but here ya go...

Gladly...

If you're going to label someone a racist, shouldn't you at least make the case that he is so that others can have the benefit of your knowledge and vision??? So, explain. Please.

There are several instances on this very site if you've visited any of the Ron Paul threads. The racist comments in a newspaper bearing his name & the way he voted against the 64 civil rights act to name a couple. Misc little things are abundant on the internet moreso than I feel comfortable with. Type Ron Paul and racist into google and I'm sure you'll find no shortage of "smoke". Maybe some is true, maybe some is not. Until he publically defends the allegations, I have to say fuck him

You might have something there. But, for those of us who don't know exactly what you mean, why don't you explain :yes:

Libertarianism and it's current face, Ron Paul, are for as little government involvement in our lives as possible. Sure, less taxes sound great. It's all good if you're upper or middle class income and a white male. The rest of us who depend on the government for things like social security, welfare (not abusers), healthcare, anti-discrimination policies, ect.. would suffer. Sorry if I don't trust the white man to do the right thing without govt pressure when he has historically proven he will not.

Here again, what exactly do you mean??? Give us the 5 W's (who, what, when, why and <s>w</s>how.

Not to be a smart ass but I think the original post for this part is self explanatory. Surely you must know that blacks were not considered at all when the founding fathers spoke of "all men".
Actually, he did talk about these allegations. I find it funny, the hit piece comes out the day of the NH primary. He's not going to end Social security for people already getting it. If you're under 30, do you think you're going to get social security? By the time you're 50, they will have raised the general eligibility age to 75, LOL.

It doesn't matter if you like him or not, but I will say. He's the only person to talk about REAL issues, like Nader and Perot did before him.

Cock Head Jones

Rising Star
Registered

I think he's addressing the racist newsletter on the Situation Room on CNN this afternoon.

Bumperman

Potential Star
Registered

OK so ron paul has a bad past cool. i don't want him in office then BUT I don't want someone in office that might give us ALL a bad future either. it's the unknown truth that will hurt us...

bizzyboddy

Star
Registered

Today's interview:
[FLASH]http://www.youtube.com/v/DORpl1BBTO4&rel=1[/FLASH]

He was smart pointing to the Institutionalized aspect of racism, with the judicial system, and the war on drugs. But there is no way in hell i would have let years and years go by before speaking out against those newsletters, if i claimed i didn't write them, plus he said that he didn't read the newsletters in the past but then said he maybe read a couple, i just don't buy it.

And hes wrong about him being the only candidate whos against the war on drugs, since Kucinich, Edwards, and gravel have spoken out against it as well.

I wish the New republic could have got this info months ago because IMO pauls supporters(and maybe even those that didn't support him) are going to look at this as a which hunt.

Cock Head Jones

Rising Star
Registered

He was smart pointing to the Institutionalized aspect of racism, with the judicial system, and the war on drugs. But there is no way in hell i would have let years and years go by before speaking out against those newsletters, if i claimed i didn't write them, plus he said that he didn't read the newsletters in the past but then said he maybe read a couple, i just don't buy it.

And hes wrong about him being the only candidate whos against the war on drugs, since Kucinich, Edwards, and gravel have spoken out against it as well.

I wish the New republic could have got this info months ago because IMO pauls supporters(and maybe even those that didn't support him) are going to look at this as a which hunt.

I mentioned in another thread that I didn't like how he erroneously and boldly stated that 67% of black folks are in jail. :angry:

As far as the newsletters go, he's either a straightup racist for printing those statements or an irresponsible individual not fit to lead the US if he allowed the newsletter to be printed unchecked for 2 decades.

GET YOU HOT

Superfly Moderator
BGOL Investor

A co-worker is trying to convince me, he is the man to vote for and you know what I tell him...?
"He is American as apple pie" and the "Neo nazis support him, I can't trust anyone like that"
he says, "I met him, he's not like that at all, I met him"

I tell him, "We have been the world's police and Bush took it too far, this time, we need a hard nosed leader like Obama"

He handed me a James Beard something or other today, to watch, I tell him I've already seen it, he was somewhat astounded, class in session...

Blaze Da Hard Luck Kid

Potential Star
BGOL Investor

Ron Paul is a racist and for him to have so many black supporters is offensive. If it was up to Ron Paul all u negroes would be hanging from a tree and ya'll are voting for this man to be president? Ron Paul voted against black people's right to vote and your black ass wanna vote for him? My man Carter G. Woodson was right about ya'll Mis-Educated Negroes.

GET YOU HOT

Superfly Moderator
BGOL Investor
Re: Why Was Paul Excluded From The Faux Debate? So Much For Freedom Of Speech.

I retract my earlier statement, suddenly this guy is starting to make alot of sense, too much common sense, perhaps for even republicans themselves...:cool:

[FLASH]http://www.youtube.com/v/g1lXWRlXCJQ&rel=1&border=1[/FLASH]

GET YOU HOT

Superfly Moderator
BGOL Investor

How does Ron Paul's racist agenda assist Black people when he said he would vote against the civil rights amendment. :angry: Remember...this is BGOL
black owned buddy. Post that Libertarian piece of shit on Storm Front

Ron Paul, wants to protect the very things that America thrived on pre 60s, good ol' American ways. Read up on his history and his ways, it just may change your opinion on him...johnbeardsociety

thoughtone

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Ron Paul, wants to protect the very things that America thrived on pre 60s, good ol' American ways. Read up on his history and his ways, it just may change your opinion on him...johnbeardsociety

Sure, like segregation, lynchings and red lining, just to name a few. Just perfect for (Texas) whites!

BTW, I’m sure you mean the John Birch Society. Find out how many John Birch members were fighting to desegregate lunch counters. NONE!

GET YOU HOT

Superfly Moderator
BGOL Investor

Sure, like segregation, lynchings and red lining, just to name a few. Just perfect for (Texas) whites!

BTW, I’m sure you mean the John Birch Society. Find out how many John Birch members were fighting to desegregate lunch counters. NONE!

Ha, ha, yeah! That birch society, I came back this morning, just to change that error.

I lived in Texas, for 5years, vacationed there in '07, and never encountered one incident of prejudice visa whites, it was always messicans and blacks, narrow it down to gangbangers and more than likely drug territories.

Now, I know the ratio of incarcerated, prosecuted from blacks to others is really high, I will take the logical high ground on that one and connect it to low funding for education and enrichment, numerous incidences of petty crimes, linked to desperation, minimal number of black law enforcement, politicians, linked to voters and high unemployment amongst blacks.

I encourage anyone to post quotes or sources where Ron Paul or the JBS endorses/encourages crimes or prejudice against minorities, let alone blacks.

Greed

Star
Registered
Re: Ron Paul Hints He May Be Quitting Race: Ya Think?

Nothing scares black people more than the thought of being completely left alone by white people.

thoughtone

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Nothing scares black people more than the thought of being completely left alone by white people.

Bo ho!

Especially when those “white” people prevented other “white” people from denying them their civil rights. Paul would bring back the states rights confederacy. Get real!

Greed

Star
Registered

Being left alone by white people includes the ones you perceive as having good and bad intentions toward you. The problem isn't that white people hate black people, but that white people can use government to make sure you can't escape their hatred.

Ron Paul was pro-right to hate and anti-using government as an extension of your hate. Which is why the very concept of limited government exist in the first place.

thoughtone

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Being left alone by white people includes the ones you perceive as having good and bad intentions toward you. The problem isn't that white people hate black people, but that white people can use government to make sure you can't escape their hatred.

Ron Paul was pro-right to hate and anti-using government as an extension of your hate. Which is why the very concept of limited government exist in the first place.

This is a moot point but, the Civil War wasn’t about slavery and you could have paid Blacks? How do you explain 70 years of post Civil War oppression known as Jim Crow? Some things Ron Paul says are on true, but he is like most whites, oblivious to the realities of how he got to where he is.

[WM]http://www.youtube.com/v/xo6KIusCBoU[/WM]​

Paul1970

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Re: Ron Paul on the bailout

Martin Luther King Jr. earned special ire from Ron Paul's newsletters, which attacked the civil rights leader frequently, often to justify opposition to the federal holiday named after him. ("What an infamy Ronald Reagan approved it!" one newsletter complained in 1990. "We can thank him for our annual Hate Whitey Day.") In the early 1990s, newsletters attacked the "X-Rated Martin Luther King" as a "world-class philanderer who beat up his paramours," "seduced underage girls and boys," and "made a pass at" fellow civil rights leader Ralph Abernathy. One newsletter ridiculed black activists who wanted to rename New York City after King, suggesting that "Welfaria," "Zooville," "Rapetown," "Dirtburg," and "Lazyopolis" were better alternatives. The same year, King was described as "a comsymp, if not an actual party member, and the man who replaced the evil of forced segregation with the evil of forced integration."

http://www.tnr.com/politics/story.html?id=e2f15397-a3c7-4720-ac15-4532a7da84ca
:hmm: