RIP Magoo...........

sharkbait28

Unionize & Prepare For Automation
International Member
Oh damn, I had a lot of jokes for this man as a youth but it wasn't about nothin. RIP and wish his fam all the best. Life is short as hell, peace to everyone on this site and planet rn.

Andeyhollawho

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
RIP Magoo. I was one of the only people in my crew who respected him and his flow. People hated because of the voice and the Q-Tip comparison but the lyricism was what I paid attention to. Timbaland had some silly concepts on fire beats but Magoo always seemed to sprinkle some word play and metaphors in even the pop-ist of tracks. Just had to listen.

BigATLslim

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Ahhh you know what? I never heard that but you're right. He does sound kind of like Tip but without the shit that made TIP and Tribe cool. Plus I mean if we being honest Q TIP on those Tim beats back then.....probably doesn't have the same effect.
Yeah…this was always the rub I heard when he came out.

It’s what I thought immediately, however, since his style was so different it wasn’t a drawback for me.

I felt he fully played his position on the label.

neptunes007

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Ahhh you know what? I never heard that but you're right. He does sound kind of like Tip but without the shit that made TIP and Tribe cool. Plus I mean if we being honest Q TIP on those Tim beats back then.....probably doesn't have the same effect.

Dude was one of the few, and I mean few, that could rap in the pocket of Timbaland’s beats.