Rest in peace... Sherman Hemsley

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
Re: RIP Sherman Hemsley

Wow... hijacking a R.I.P. thread!? She is bad.... name?

Oh... and R.I.P. Sherman... great show and actor!

Yeah, I though about it after I did it. :smh: Dude asked about her so I posted more. Sorry Mr. Hemsley. :hithead:

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Rest in peace, Sherm'. One of the all-time funny little men. He was a bit before my time as I was born in the summer of '79 ... and didn't get around to checking out footage of him until I was a teen in the early-90s, but I respect all he did in his career. Laughter is good medicine for us all.

http://www.vh1.com/celebrity/2012-07-24/the-jeffersons-star-sherman-hemsley-passes-away-at-74/

sherman-hemsley-1-300.jpg

AOD

Star
Registered
One of my favorite characters from the 70's... damn!
1081189_o.gif
3157997_o.gif
Luv that dance... R.I.P. Brother!

kes1111

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Everyone from that show is dead except for Florence, Jenny Willis, Ralph the doorman & the second Lionel.
thejeffersonscast2.jpg
cast-of-the-jeffersons.jpg

bluskyII

Star
Registered
Actor Sherman Hemsley found dead in his El Paso home

Sherman Hemsley, the actor known for his portrayal of George Jefferson in "The Jeffersons" has died at his El Paso home, according to a friend in El Paso and his publicist.

Hemsley, 74, had lived for several years in El Paso.

Neighbors told ABC-7 that they saw El Paso Police arrive at Hemsley's East El Paso home early Tuesday morning. No cause of death has been released.

A neighbor lived in the neighborhood for four years and said he'd walk to a neighborhood grocery store every morning and that he was a nice guy.

U.S. Marshal Robert Almonte first met Hemsley in 2000 when he was with the Texas Narcotic Association and he heard Hemsley was living in El Paso.

Hemsley dropped by the conference and they became friends since then.

“He was a really nice guy,” Almonte said. “A lot of people thought he’d be like the character (George Jefferson), but it was a character. He was really nice and quiet. He was a little guy with a huge heart.”

In addition to acting he also was a fan of jazz music and a musician who performed several times in El Paso.

Dennis Woo, operations director at KTEP, said Hemsley would call the El Paso radio station every so often and share stories off air with Woo.

"He would say 'God, I haven't heard that song in a long, long time,'" Woo said. "After he called a few times, I finally asked him what his first name was and he said 'You know me as Mr. Jefferson.'"

Woo said Hemsley would usually call the station after he heard an NPR story he was particularly interested in or around certain jazz festival times.

"There was one time he shared a story that he and Bill Cosby used to hang out at the Playboy Jazz Festival with all the luminaries. He would say that here's a guy that used to be a postman and here he is hanging out with all the greats and getting to meet Dizzy Gillespie, among others," Woo said.

El Paso fell in love with El Paso because he liked the way the city looked and that it was a safe place to live, Almonte said.

“I saw him a few months ago when he came to San Antonio,” Almonte said. “He performed a show that ran for two weeks. He was so full of energy and didn’t seem like a 74-year-old. He looked like a star, a star that would never go out. I was lucky he was in my life.”

Check kvia.com for more information on this story as it becomes available.

http://www.kvia.com/news/Actor-Sher...-home/-/391068/15672810/-/7o61aw/-/index.html

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

1081189_o.gif

DAMN:(

Used to watch this with the whole family...
We really need to support and honor these pioneers more.

COINTELPRO

Transnational Member
Registered
<iframe width="640" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/xsppYCFFVXg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I posted this youtube up a couple of weeks ago with Isabel Sanford. What happened to Jenny Jefferson.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
1081189_o.gif

DAMN:(

Used to watch this with the whole family...
We really need to support and honor these pioneers more.

COINTELPRO

Transnational Member
Registered

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/xsppYCFFVXg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Paul1970

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
This has really been one of the worst years i can remember of so many iconic people dying....:(

Thanks for the laughs Mr.Hemsley....R.I.P!!

Kaotic

Dancing with the devil in the pale moon light...
Platinum Member
Truely sadden when I heard this news today... Rest in peace brotha.. :(