Question to my fellow CDL class truck drivers. About verifiable tractor experience. How much flexibility do I have to lie about?

Brotha_333_luv

BANNED "denatured male feminist"
Registered
Do truck companies verify your truck driving experience or verify your tractor trailer truck driving experience? And do companies document your experience with them as a tractor trailer class a driver or a class b box truck driver?

I wanna know so I can lie on my resume.

The few jobs i have had they didn’t do logs. One was Fabiano they don’t record logs and Universal Logistics. Both were tractor trailers however it is hard for me to get tractor trailer experience being local so I was gonna jump in a dump truck and drive for them for a min and lie and say I was a semi driver for them. I am short 3 months experience that gives me my 1 year experience most truck companies ask for.

Question: if i get a job working for a company that drives class B and not tractor trailer, can/will companies verify what type of truck I drove in? I would love to take a job as a dump truck driver and then lie and say I was a semi roll off driver but don’t know if that would work. I mean I did drive a box truck occasionally at universal and was even a switche

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Do truck companies verify your truck driving experience or verify your tractor trailer truck driving experience? And do companies document your experience with them as a tractor trailer class a driver or a class b box truck driver?

I wanna know so I can lie on my resume.

The few jobs i have had they didn’t do logs. One was Fabiano they don’t record logs and Universal Logistics. Both were tractor trailers however it is hard for me to get tractor trailer experience being local so I was gonna jump in a dump truck and drive for them for a min and lie and say I was a semi driver for them. I am short 3 months experience that gives me my 1 year experience most truck companies ask for.

Question: if i get a job working for a company that drives class B and not tractor trailer, can/will companies verify what type of truck I drove in? I would love to take a job as a dump truck driver and then lie and say I was a semi roll off driver but don’t know if that would work. I mean I did drive a box truck occasionally at universal and was even a switche
I'm not a truck driver, but I know a few over the road and sand hauler and tanker drivers

companies do a few days to a week orientation - then they put you in a truck to ride with a trainer for a few days to check you out

on over all driving and how "they" want you to operate and to see your driving skills safety -can you back up a 40' trailer to a loading dock? can you do it between 2 other trailers? etc etc

imo you should approach companies like Prime, JB Hunt, English iirc they train drivers for free in exchange for 2 or 3 year working for them