Post your favorite back in the day cartoon.....

cooliojones

Rising Star
Registered
I'm sorry, like Lay's potato chips, I couldn't pick just one (these two are my absolute FAV!!)

The greatest cartoon of all time.

203921d1235085774-request-thundercats-wallpaper-13d_thundercats.jpg

thundercats.jpg

Somewhere I heard that some film studio was supposed to be making a CGI movie about Voltron. I'm curious to see what they'd do with it but just like most of the other movies of past 80's cartoon rip offs they will probably fuck it all up. All they need to do is stick to the original story line and everything would be fine. Fuckin Hollywood.:angry::angry::angry:

voltron.jpg

voltron_Picture.jpg

voltron_color.jpg

Lion_Voltron.jpg

DAYUM!! That witch ALWAYS placing a spell on someone! But her shit never worked out!! Why did that king put up w/ her for so long??

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

"Captian Planet, he's our hero
Gonna take pollution down to zero!
Something something, something somthing
And he's fighting on the planet's side!

Remember that episode when he didn't have HEART, and he was like a sarcastic, asshole Captian Planet!

Peace,

You know why this isn't the greatest? Because of that one episode when Lion-O has to pit his skills against the rest of the Thundercats and he was faster than Cheetara and stronger than Panthro. I was a little kid looking at that shit like :hmm:

Well Cheetara's speed WAS somewhat limited, and Lion-O IS younger than all the other Thundercats, save Wiley Kit & Kat.

This is what I was wondering the other day...why does Snarf's eyes light up when he sees the Thundercat symbol? Technically, he's not a Thundercat! He from the planet of Snarfs!

JD Walker

Star
Registered
G-Force, Voltron, and how many of yall remeber this one...
turboteen.jpg

I was a big Pinky & the Brain fan, watched every episode when I was in college.

Megatron X

A Prophet of Doom
BGOL Investor
I'm sorry but I think Transformers, the original series, was the greatest cartoon of all time. What can compete with that? I'm not talking about that Beast Wars or that Armada shit. I think Justice League can compete but they did not come out in the 1980s(Superfriends did) they came out in 2000. JL is very close though. Then would come Thundercats, Voltron, and Masters of the Universe.

smoove2k6

Potential Star
BGOL Investor
Peace,

You know why this isn't the greatest? Because of that one episode when Lion-O has to pit his skills against the rest of the Thundercats and he was faster than Cheetara and stronger than Panthro. I was a little kid looking at that shit like :hmm:

I remember that episode, and if I recall, he was not faster than Cheetara, she could only run at top speed for like 2 miles, he had to race her, so he took a dangerous shortcut to beat her, and He was not stronger than Panthro, He figured out what Panthrow weakness was and used it against him, I think it was bats or something like that.

THE DRIZZY

Ally of The Great Ancestors
OG Investor
Godzilla

King Kong

The Challenge of The Superfriends

Thundarr The Barbarian :)lol: at 1994 apocalypse)

Jabberjaw

Herculoids

Space Ghost

Mightyman (and sidekick Yukk)

Hong Kong Phooey

Johnny Quest

I was a huge Hanna Barbara mark from being a 70's baby.

These were also the shit to me being a Marvel fan.

Iron Man

The Hulk

The Mighty Thor (The toons that had Hercules were epic:yes:)

The Sub-Mariner

Captain America

Spider-Man

Fantastic 4

Silver Surfer(came decades later but was still cool to see.)

Others that deserve mentioning: Robotech, Transformers, Voltron, Tranzor Z, G.I. Joe, Black Star, Gigantor, Speed Racer, Dungeons and Drangons, Thunder Cats, G-Force, Fat Albert, Duck Tales, and Eek The Cat.

Last edited:

HALO2

CONNOISSEUR OF FINE WOMEN
Registered

Kissyfur

[FLASH]http://www.youtube.com/v/sivKUzpPpjo&hl=en_US&fs=1[/FLASH]

Transformers

[FLASH]http://www.youtube.com/v/VIuZ8QO2vs8&hl=en_US&fs=1[/FLASH]

Smurfs

[FLASH]http://www.youtube.com/v/O8kTcKFnAMU&hl=en_US&fs=1[/FLASH]

Robotech

[FLASH]http://www.youtube.com/v/djhsu7WmAz4&hl=en_US&fs=1[/FLASH]

I even had one of these a green one just like this, with the little grey pilot.This was one of my favorite toys.

10y04cg.jpg

THE DRIZZY

OG Investor
You know some of you all are dating yourself with some of your choices...

Yeah but most of these cartoons are not the politically correct gay fruity ones that we have today:smh:. Most of today's shit is lame in comparison. Old School toons are just like old school hip hop, classic.

Last edited:

SIDESHOW

Uncle Juice
BGOL Investor
These were also the shit to me being a Marvel fan.

Iron Man

The Hulk

The Mighty Thor (The toons that had Hercules were epic:yes:)

The Sub-Mariner

Captain America

Spider-Man

Fantastic 4

HOLY SHIT! :eek:

I remember watching things all the time. As I clicked each on each clip, the lyrics to the intros instantly came back to me. :lol:

Diamels

Star
Registered
Yeah but most of these cartoons are not the politically correct gay fruity ones that we have today:smh:. Most of today's shit is lame in comparison. Old School toons are just like old school hip hop, classic.
and I totally agree with this. I just know cats pulling out the original Space Ghost and the original Marvel cartoons ain't in their 20's or 30's

THE DRIZZY

OG Investor
and I totally agree with this. I just know cats pulling out the original Space Ghost and the original Marvel cartoons ain't in their 20's or 30's

So true. Before cable many of the 60's cartoons remained in heavy syndication throughout the 70's and early 80's. I was a big wheel/green machine riding/afro wearing/metal lunch box having/bell bottom wearing little shorty watching these shits at that time.:lol: Great times.

Yogi Bear

Star
OG Investor
Yes some of us are dating ourselves but you forgot most of these made Cartoon Network in it's early days.

When I watch this now, I'm suprised no one was like this ain't appropriate for kids.

ThaBurgerPimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor

im glad uwe boll didnt follow thru on his intention to make a live-action movie LOL..this was around the time the first live-action Transformers movie was about to be released,claiming he was going to"show that mike bay how it REALLY is done!!" (his words not mine) :lol:

nu_work

Rising Star
Registered
Damn the good ole memories. Shit since yall sharing might as well send the actual links to the marvel cartoons :D