Our Disinformed Electorate

QueEx

Rising Star
Super Moderator
<IFRAME SRC="http://www.factcheck.org/specialreports/our_disinformed_electorate.html" WIDTH=780 HEIGHT=1500>
<A HREF="http://www.factcheck.org/specialreports/our_disinformed_electorate.html">link</A>

</IFRAME>

Lamarr

Star
Registered
I'm not a Repub but........

http://www.zogby.com/news/ReadNews.cfm?ID=1642

"After I interviewed Obama voters on Election Day for my documentary, I had a pretty low opinion of what most of them had picked up from the media coverage of the campaign, but this poll really proves beyond any doubt the stunning level of malpractice on the part of the media in not educating the Obama portion of the voting populace," said Ziegler.

Ninety-four percent of Obama voters correctly identified Palin as the candidate with a pregnant teenage daughter, 86% correctly identified Palin as the candidate associated with a $150,000 wardrobe purchased by her political party, and 81% chose McCain as the candidate who was unable to identify the number of houses he owned. When asked which candidate said they could "see Russia from their house," 87% chose Palin, although the quote actually is attributed to Saturday Night Live's Tina Fey during her portrayal of Palin during the campaign. An answer of "none" or "Palin" was counted as a correct answer on the test, given that the statement was associated with a characterization of Palin.

Obama voters did not fare nearly as well overall when asked to answer questions about statements or stories associated with Obama or Biden -- 83% failed to correctly answer that Obama had won his first election by getting all of his opponents removed from the ballot, and 88% did not correctly associate Obama with his statement that his energy policies would likely bankrupt the coal industry. Most (56%) were also not able to correctly answer that Obama started his political career at the home of two former members of the Weather Underground.

Nearly three quarters (72%) of Obama voters did not correctly identify Biden as the candidate who had to quit a previous campaign for President because he was found to have plagiarized a speech, and nearly half (47%) did not know that Biden was the one who predicted Obama would be tested by a generated international crisis during his first six months as President.

In addition to questions regarding statements and scandals associated with the campaigns, the 12-question, multiple-choice survey also included a question asking which political party controlled both houses of Congress leading up to the election -- 57% of Obama voters were unable to correctly answer that Democrats controlled both the House and the Senate.

QueEx

Rising Star
Super Moderator
I'm not a Repub but........

No, you're probably not a republican. The question really is: what are you ? ? ?

Why would you try to pass that obvious bullshit video off as science ???

Why would you try to insult our intelligence in this way ???

Now, try to hide behind "Libertarianism",

but I smell something different.

QueEx

Lamarr

Star
Registered
My 'bullshit' is no different from your bullshit (Factcheck.org, gimme a break). Only my 'bullshit' had actual interviews as you hear the ignorance flow out of the mouths of these mindless supporters.

What am I? I'm a young black male first & foremost, capable of critical thinking. I know the Patriot Act was designed to take away your freedoms, I know Obama voted to Re-Authorize the Patriot Act in 2006. I know Bush has an 'Unconditional' support of Israel, I know Obama has an 'Unconditional' support of Israel. I don't support the oppression of the Palestinians by the Israel. I know Bush signed the FISA bill allowing warrantless wiretaps and illegal searches and seizures, I know Obama voted for this as well. I know Iraq is Bush's war but I notice Obama votes to continue funding it. I know Bush signed the Bankster Takeover Bill, I know Obama voted for this as well, even made a persuasive speech about it. I could go on!

Notice I bring Obama's voting record into question, THAT IS FACT, can't run from that. Now, after listing the similarities on domestic and foreign policy, the appropriate question is..............What are You?

QueEx

Rising Star
Super Moderator
I know you placed reliance upon a website which has an obvious, obvious bias; the same site that contains video praising the dumbest female politician in America, Sarah Palin, in an obvious attack on Mr. Obama.

I know that freedom is NOT absolute; I know that there are time, place and manner limitations upon freedom; and I know that quite possibly the Patriot Act could be fine tuned with respect to its implications on civil liberties and that we will get to see (1) whether Mr. Obama's administration moves to do so; and/or (2) how his Department of Justice enforces the Act; and I know that you're being presumptuous and condemnatory without giving the man a chance to see what he will do.

I know voting to fund a war ALREADY BEGUN is NOT the same thing as supporting that war -- despite the fact that some people don't seem to know or understand the difference.

AND, one thing I know for sure: you're not in the mind of Mr. Obama and, therefore, you can't possibly know what is to come unless, however, you're Miss Cleo and, as I recall, she went to jail for not knowing the same thing that I am telling you that you don't know: whats in the mind of someone else.

QueEx

P.S.

I know that you didn't answer the question: Why would you try to pass that obvious bullshit video off as science ??? AND

Why would you try to insult our intelligence in this way ???

`

Lamarr

Star
Registered
In terms of his voting record, which IS fact, gives me the indication that his foreign, domestic, and monetary policy are the same as Mr. Bush. Obviously you disagree, but you sound JUST LIKE the people who were trying to justify Bush's actions. Don't run from the truth brotha.

True, I don't know whats going on in his mind but I know his campaign spent 700 million dollars for a job that pays $400,000/yr. And I know banking institutions were the largest contributors, so rest asssured, all decisions are in the best interest of the people who financed his campaign.

Insult your intelligence? I'm trying to get you and everybody on this board to think, I know it's hard wit all this azz, but think! I stand for the truth. Everything I post, there is a reference. Wake up to this left vs. right false paradigm. They represent 2 sides of the same coin, created by the Federal Reserve!

QueEx

Rising Star
Super Moderator
You still haven't answered the question. Why would you try to pass off as scientific that unscientific bullshit video where the filmaker went out and unscientifically found a dozen people who, for all we know, were mere props to make his point ??? Do you have any idea what a scientific poll is ??? If not, learn. If you do, again I ask, why would you post that kind of shit, as truth ???

QueEx

QueEx

Rising Star
Super Moderator
<font size="3">
And, when you finish answering the above, tell me whether this:

In terms of his voting record, which IS fact, gives me the indication that his foreign, domestic, and monetary policy are the same as Mr. Bush. Obviously you disagree, but you sound JUST LIKE the people who were trying to justify Bush's actions. Don't run from the truth brotha.

True, I don't know whats going on in his mind but I know his campaign spent 700 million dollars for a job that pays $400,000/yr. And I know banking institutions were the largest contributors, so rest asssured, all decisions are in the best interest of the people who financed his campaign.

suffers from at least one or two logical fallacies; and which ones.

QueEx

</font size>