Opinions of actinanass, Part 4: Black people, and the republican party

actinanass

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Black people, and the Republican Party

I think pretty much everyone knows that I'm a conservative on the most part *rather be known as a Libertarian, however, I would take that role when needed*. I listen to people around me *family that works for GM, and/or have a small business*, and I hear dismay about the current situation. What I do not hear is criticism over the current congress, or heaven forbid OUR president. One day, driving through the legendary hood of STOP SIX Fort Worth, Texas, I realize whats the problem with the republicans, and black america.

For one, Black America do not see the fruits of Reaganomics. When Reaganomics was hitting stride, many African American families were broken up due to crack *including my own*. This give conspiracy theorist a field day to work with where people would believe anything due to their current situation. The truth about Black America is that we have became so emotional about every little thing, we became puppets of a party essentially. The problem Republicans have is that they do not have the leadership, and voice to articulate how their plan would create opportunities for minorities. This makes everything easier for the far left to sway 90 percent of Black America to vote their way.

I've noticed that many "true" conservatives take offense when someone points this flaw out, for obvious reasons. Conservatives think this notion, "if you are stupid enough to believe anything what the government says, and rely on their promises, then you would not understand the hard work of being a conservative". I can understand that notion, however, I used to be stupid enough to believe anything a government official will say until I realize that they are human. Humans are made to disappoint 70 percent of the time. So how can I put my faith in ANY man?

Another thing what gets me about Republicans is the fact that they know that minorities are some of the most socially conservative group in America. I don't know about anywhere else, but there's a church on every block in my hood. Every rapper/athlete/actor/actress give thanks to God if they win anything. We are very hard on homosexuality *especially gay dudes....look at the main forum*. The only thing that keeps us voting democratic is the fact that the democrats MIGHT give us what we want. The real question is this, what do we really want? A handout, or an opportunity?

Deep down inside, I wanna believe that we want more of an opportunity than anything else. That means, more companies need to take a risk, and invest in our neighborhoods. So, how do you get a major company to invest in a shithole neighborhood? GIVE TAX INCENTIVES FOR THE COMPANIES! Make it worth while to make an investment that "risky". Like around here, there's a major need for a good workout gym *like 24 hour fitness*. However, no company wants to make that risk *because of thieves or what not*. Why not give any company that's willing to invest in OUR neighborhoods a bigger tax incentive?

That's just a couple of things I had on my mind......

*goes back to sleep*

thoughtone

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Re: Black people, and the republican party

I think pretty much everyone knows that I'm a conservative on the most part *rather be known as a Libertarian,

Define your meaning of "conservative and what it stands for.

however, I would take that role when needed*. I listen to people around me *family that works for GM, and/or have a small business*, and I hear dismay about the current situation. What I do not hear is criticism over the current congress,

Have you even read my post about the so called conservative/moderate Democrats that are aligning themselves with the republicans to thwart any kind of change?

or heaven forbid OUR president.

Conveniently forgetting what Obama has inherited. None of the problems he is facing began during his term. In fact they have been around for at least 30 years!

One day, driving through the legendary hood of STOP SIX Fort Worth, Texas, I realize whats the problem with the republicans, and black america.

I have never been to Fort Worth, much less the ghetto (now referred affectingly as the hood) of STOP SIX, but I have seen a lot of Black neighborhoods that have lost hope and they were there before Regan.

For one, Black America do not see the fruits of Reaganomics.

HA! We as Americans are seeing the "fruits of Reaganomics." We are now an economy of money changers. We were forced to except the concept of 401ks and IRAs, now employers are now longer matching the savings, while the corporate interest rated pension funds. Fruits:smh:

When Reaganomics was hitting stride, many African American families were broken up due to crack

Your time is wrong as usual. The Regan policies were instrumental in fueling the crack problem. Thbis is a FACT, not conspiracy theory. See Gary Web ”Dark Alliance”

*including my own*. This give conspiracy theorist a field day to work with where people would believe anything due to their current situation. The truth about Black America is that we have became so emotional about every little thing,

For give us for being emotional about 300 years of terrorism.

we became puppets of a party essentially. ]The problem Republicans have is that they do not have the leadership,

One of the problems with republicans is that if Black folk don’t want any part of them, it’s not because their message sucks, its because Black folk are being duped by the democrats and don’t have the intelligence to make up their individual minds to join any political party they choose. That is the ultimate in patronization!

and voice to articulate how their plan would create opportunities for minorities. This makes everything easier for the far left to sway 90 percent of Black America to vote their way.

You ideology and GOP talking points control you. Obama is NOT the far left. In fact there are no far left congress representatives or senators, but there are far right members.

I've noticed that many "true" conservatives

see above

take offense when someone points this flaw out, for obvious reasons. Conservatives think this notion, "if you are stupid enough to believe anything what the government says,

Conservatives are anti government because it makes them respect rights. Make no mistake with out government, Black folk, especially in the former confederate states would still be owned by whites.

and rely on their promises, then you would not understand the hard work of being a conservative". I can understand that notion, however, I used to be stupid enough to believe anything a government official

If you used to believe anything a government official said, you’re not just stupid, you’re damn stupid!

will say until I realize that they are human. Humans are made to disappoint 70 percent of the time. So how can I put my faith in ANY man?

What? You have your own personal fire department?

Another thing what gets me about Republicans is the fact that they know that minorities are some of the most socially conservative group in America. I don't know about anywhere else, but there's a church on every block in my hood. Every rapper/athlete/actor/actress give thanks to God if they win anything. We are very hard on homosexuality *especially gay dudes....look at the main forum*.

Black people are immersed in the paternalistic value system. Having sex with as many women is considered a sign of masculinity. Having children outside marriage is not a much of an issue to Black folk because we were not legally allowed to be married until 1865. So having children without marriage is not that much of stigma for us. Is that conservative?

The only thing that keeps us voting democratic is the fact that the democrats MIGHT give us what we want. The real question is this, what do we really want? A handout, or an opportunity?

I guess Michel Steele is getting what he wants for the GOP rank and file.

Deep down inside, I wanna believe that we want more of an opportunity than anything else. That means, more companies need to take a risk, and invest in our neighborhoods.

What’s stopping them. See Honda’s All American Sundown town

So, how do you get a major company to invest in a shithole neighborhood?

Again I can’t speak for Ft. Worth but which came first the shithole neighborhoods or the abandonment of businesses from those neighborhoods. In the so called “rust belt” vibrant communities are being turned in to ghettos. Not by any fault the people in them, but by tax incentives to move good paying jobs overseas rather than keep them in the US. And these are white neighborhoods! A major difference between conservatives and liberals, republicans and most democrats.

GIVE TAX INCENTIVES FOR THE COMPANIES! Make it worth while to make an investment that "risky". Like around here, there's a major need for a good workout gym *like 24 hour fitness*.

Want tax incentives to have fitness centers? Change government policies that make it more profitable to treat physical aliments after you get sick and shift them to prevention, like Obama wants. But let’s be honest. Americans in general and Black folk in particular are lazy and would rather ride in big gas guzzlers rather than walk, take the stairs and eat fast food. But of course that is personal choice!

However, no company wants to make that risk *because of thieves or what not*. Why not give any company that's willing to invest in OUR neighborhoods a bigger tax incentive?

I agree policies should be changed to encourage investments in high risk areas. Ervin Johnson is doing his part here in Atlanta and making a nice profit from it. He is a Democrat!

That's just a couple of things I had on my mind......

*goes back to sleep*

You need to wake up in more ways than one!

Lamarr

Star
Registered
AAA goin hard on em'. I agree, black folks are some of the most conservative people around! Ask Thought for $5 and see what response you get better yet: QueEx, hook me up with a membership :D Don't respond, I'm just makin a point.

Somewhere along the way, Karl Rove got ya'll thinkin that spending unlimited amounts of money in National defense makes you 'conservative'. That only fuels the Military Industrial Complex.

Or spending ridiculous amounts of money on the War on Drugs makes you 'conservative'. That only fuels the Prison Industrial Complex and breaks down our family structure and communities.

So there are some issues I have with Repubs but I'd rather focus my energies towards the Federal Reserve

thoughtone

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
AAA goin hard on em'. I agree, black folks are some of the most conservative people around! Ask Thought for $5 and see what response you get better yet: QueEx, hook me up with a membership :D Don't respond, I'm just makin a point.

Somewhere along the way, Karl Rove got ya'll thinkin that spending unlimited amounts of money in National defense makes you 'conservative'. That only fuels the Military Industrial Complex.

Or spending ridiculous amounts of money on the War on Drugs makes you 'conservative'. That only fuels the Prison Industrial Complex and breaks down our family structure and communities.

So there are some issues I have with Repubs but I'd rather focus my energies towards the Federal Reserve

Get rid of Social Security and Medicare and you will see how conservative Black folk are!

QueEx

Rising Star
Super Moderator

I think pretty much everyone knows that I'm a conservative on the most part *rather be known as a Libertarian, however, I would take that role when needed*. I listen to people around me *family that works for GM, and/or have a small business*, and I hear dismay about the current situation. What I do not hear is criticism over the current congress, or heaven forbid OUR president. One day, driving through the legendary hood of STOP SIX Fort Worth, Texas, I realize whats the problem with the republicans, and black america.
When you were having your epiphantic moment, did it not also occur to you at all that one of the major reasons more Black people have problems stomaching republican party politics, is the open and obvious rascist at its helm ???

For Example: your current Governor in Texas, are you so naive as not to see through the veil of his present "States Rights" campaign ???

Ultimate Example: Are you so naive as not to see, or are you suffering from RDD (Reality Denial Disease) and can't see, the De Facto head of the republican party, His Racist Highness Rust Limpshit, for the racist he is ???​

As conservative as many of us really are, despite the disbelief of many more, how can we support something that has such an easy time, insulting us ???

QueEx

QueEx

Rising Star
Super Moderator

C O M M E N T A R Y

Are black Republicans sellouts?

artt.roland.jpg

Roland S. Martin

By Roland S. Martin
CNN Political Contributor
November 13, 2009

If you ask someone who is white to tell you the political party of someone who is pro-life, against gay marriage, believes in a smaller government, is a fiscal conservative and is a consistent critic of the policies of President Barack Obama, chances are they’ll say he’s a Republican.

If you ask someone who’s black and throw in that the individual you’re describing is also an African-American, chances are he’ll be called an Uncle Tom or a sellout.

Welcome to the world of Michael Steele and of other black Republicans.

When I told folks on Facebook and Twitter that I was interviewing Steele last week for my show on TV One Cable Network, “Washington Watch With Roland Martin,” the comments were not surprising. He was ripped, called every name in the book and castigated. Why? Largely because he’s a black Republican.

Yes, African-Americans are loyal to President Barack Obama and fiercely protective of him. Heck, when legendary radio show host Tom Joyner made some comments recently on his show that were perceived as critical of the president, folks called him an Uncle Tom. And Joyner was one of Obama’s biggest supporters doing the campaign!

There is little doubt that Republicans have had a sorry history with African-Americans for the last 41 years. The creation of the “Southern Strategy” by Richard Nixon, designed to exploit white fears about African-Americans in order to win at the ballot box delivered the South to the GOP well into this decade.

Republican attacks on social programs were viewed as being aimed at poor people and African-Americans in particular. The divisions were furthered amplified by Democrats, willing to use race to hype up black voter turnout in order to defeat Republicans.

If you want to get a reaction out of a largely black audience, tell them you’re a black Republican. Black members of the GOP are the butt of jokes from comedians, in TV shows and in movies. A member of al-Qaeda probably would give a black Republican a run for his money in terms of who is more disliked in the black community. The sense of being a turncoat against your race is pervasive.

And downright silly.

The reality is that no political party owns a bloc of voters. And just as I have criticized white Republicans for not reaching out and engaging African-Americans on issues they have in common, Democrats should not get a pass for their ability to depend on black voters while throwing them under the bus if needed.

As someone who has voted for Democrats, Republicans and independents, I’m focused on the issues. Last year, Michael Steele and I participated in a debate at Fayetteville State University, a historically black college. For the most part, we agreed on issues such as education, family, accountability of public servants and community service but disagreed on public policy positions that were more about being wedded to an ideology as opposed to personal principles.

We didn’t get mad or throw stuff at each other. We had a healthy debate on the issues and had a helluva time before the audience.

This is what we all should be able to strive for. Listening to one another and making a determination on what a person is saying, as opposed to depending on labels, is vital. So I would hope that black voters in Texas actually listen to Michael Williams, chairman of the Texas Railroad Commission, as he campaigns as a Republican for the U.S. Senate seat being vacated by Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison. He deserves an audience, just like anyone else.

The day we end the name-calling and personal attacks will be a great one. Then we will have the chance to truly find out who a person is, rather than depending on silly labels that say nothing about who they are as a person and what they will be able to accomplish.

http://campbellbrown.blogs.cnn.com/2009/11/13/commentary-world-of-black-republicans/

QueEx

Rising Star
Super Moderator

C O M M E N T A R Y

<font size="5"><center>
Are black Republicans sellouts?</font size></center>

artt.roland.jpg

Roland S. Martin

By Roland S. Martin
CNN Political Contributor
November 13, 2009

If you ask someone who is white to tell you the political party of someone who is pro-life, against gay marriage, believes in a smaller government, is a fiscal conservative and is a consistent critic of the policies of President Barack Obama, chances are they’ll say he’s a Republican.

If you ask someone who’s black and throw in that the individual you’re describing is also an African-American, chances are he’ll be called an Uncle Tom or a sellout.

Welcome to the world of Michael Steele and of other black Republicans.

When I told folks on Facebook and Twitter that I was interviewing Steele last week for my show on TV One Cable Network, “Washington Watch With Roland Martin,” the comments were not surprising. He was ripped, called every name in the book and castigated. Why? Largely because he’s a black Republican.

Yes, African-Americans are loyal to President Barack Obama and fiercely protective of him. Heck, when legendary radio show host Tom Joyner made some comments recently on his show that were perceived as critical of the president, folks called him an Uncle Tom. And Joyner was one of Obama’s biggest supporters doing the campaign!

There is little doubt that Republicans have had a sorry history with African-Americans for the last 41 years. The creation of the “Southern Strategy” by Richard Nixon, designed to exploit white fears about African-Americans in order to win at the ballot box delivered the South to the GOP well into this decade.

Republican attacks on social programs were viewed as being aimed at poor people and African-Americans in particular. The divisions were furthered amplified by Democrats, willing to use race to hype up black voter turnout in order to defeat Republicans.

If you want to get a reaction out of a largely black audience, tell them you’re a black Republican. Black members of the GOP are the butt of jokes from comedians, in TV shows and in movies. A member of al-Qaeda probably would give a black Republican a run for his money in terms of who is more disliked in the black community. The sense of being a turncoat against your race is pervasive.

And downright silly.

The reality is that no political party owns a bloc of voters. And just as I have criticized white Republicans for not reaching out and engaging African-Americans on issues they have in common, Democrats should not get a pass for their ability to depend on black voters while throwing them under the bus if needed.

As someone who has voted for Democrats, Republicans and independents, I’m focused on the issues. Last year, Michael Steele and I participated in a debate at Fayetteville State University, a historically black college. For the most part, we agreed on issues such as education, family, accountability of public servants and community service but disagreed on public policy positions that were more about being wedded to an ideology as opposed to personal principles.

We didn’t get mad or throw stuff at each other. We had a healthy debate on the issues and had a helluva time before the audience.

This is what we all should be able to strive for. Listening to one another and making a determination on what a person is saying, as opposed to depending on labels, is vital. So I would hope that black voters in Texas actually listen to Michael Williams, chairman of the Texas Railroad Commission, as he campaigns as a Republican for the U.S. Senate seat being vacated by Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison. He deserves an audience, just like anyone else.

The day we end the name-calling and personal attacks will be a great one. Then we will have the chance to truly find out who a person is, rather than depending on silly labels that say nothing about who they are as a person and what they will be able to accomplish.

http://campbellbrown.blogs.cnn.com/2009/11/13/commentary-world-of-black-republicans/

actinanass

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

When you were having your epiphantic moment, did it not also occur to you at all that one of the major reasons more Black people have problems stomaching republican party politics, is the open and obvious rascist at its helm ???

For Example: your current Governor in Texas, are you so naive as not to see through the veil of his present "States Rights" campaign ???

Ultimate Example: Are you so naive as not to see, or are you suffering from RDD (Reality Denial Disease) and can't see, the De Facto head of the republican party, His Racist Highness Rust Limpshit, for the racist he is ???​

As conservative as many of us really are, despite the disbelief of many more, how can we support something that has such an easy time, insulting us ???

QueEx

1. It depends what do you consider to be racist when it comes to politics. I happen to believe that the Democrats are way more racist than any conservative *notice I said conservative*. Most conservatives want racism, and sexism to NOT exists. However, Democrats need racial/sexual strife to keep votes on their side.

2. As much as I listen to Rush, I have yet to actually hear clear cut evidence that he is a racist. The "evidence" that was posted were proved to be fake. I would love to hear some clear cut evidence so I can see what the hell are you talking about.

3. From what I've heard, Perry was discussing using states rights when it came down to the stimulus, and nationalize health care. Things that should be states rights issue. Ask yourself this, would you be against this if it was a Republican in the white house?

*edit* nice article about Black Republicans.

Last edited:

thoughtone

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

1. It depends what do you consider to be racist when it comes to politics. I happen to believe that the Democrats are way more racist than any conservative *notice I said conservative*. Most conservatives want racism, and sexism to NOT exists. However, Democrats need racial/sexual strife to keep votes on their side.

2. As much as I listen to Rush, I have yet to actually hear clear cut evidence that he is a racist. The "evidence" that was posted were proved to be fake. I would love to hear some clear cut evidence so I can see what the hell are you talking about.

3. From what I've heard, Perry was discussing using states rights when it came down to the stimulus, and nationalize health care. Things that should be states rights issue. Ask yourself this, would you be against this if it was a Republican in the white house?

*edit* nice article about Black Republicans.

Most conservatives want racism, and sexism to NOT exists.

I want to see your explanation of who is NOT conservative among this group. This should me more hysterical than all of your other posts. Of course you probably don't even know who these people are.

Most whites were racist back in the day, the question is, who has changed. These people are not ancient history.

asset_upload_file40_12231.jpg
Jeff_Sessions_official_portrait.jpg

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://embed.crooksandliars.com/v/ODEzNS0yNzkwMA?color=173466"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://embed.crooksandliars.com/v/ODEzNS0yNzkwMA?color=173466" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="355" wmode="transparent"></embed></object><embed src="http://www.metacafe.com/fplayer/945396/tpmtv_racing_for_the_exit.swf" width="400" height="345" wmode="transparent" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" name="Metacafe_945396" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> </embed><br><font size = 1><a href="http://www.metacafe.com/watch/945396/tpmtv_racing_for_the_exit/">TPMtv: Racing For The Exit</a> - <a href="http://www.metacafe.com/">The best video clips are here</a></font>

Want more?

Lamarr

Star
Registered

wow, great article Que! I want to read more about this "Southern Strategy" since I've never come across this in my reading.

In all honesty, don't both parties use "fear" to promote their agenda? We have threads about that.

Are black Repubs sellouts? maybe, I'd rather look at each individual and judge them on their actions. I just can't see how any Repub can get behind Dubya when he doubled the size of govt. If repubs are supposed to be the party that wants limited govt, Dubya did the exact opposite. How can Michael Steele justify this?

Another point, why shouldn't blacks adopt fiscally conservative principles? We can't spend more money than we make so why shouldn't we hold the govt to the same standards? We don't run our households irresponsibly, well most of us :).

actinanass

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

I want to see your explanation of who is NOT conservative among this group. This should me more hysterical than all of your other posts. Of course you probably don't even know who these people are.

So, are you saying that there's NO racists democrats/liberals/progressives/socialists?

thoughtone

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
wow, great article Que! I want to read more about this "Southern Strategy" since I've never come across this in my reading.

In all honesty, don't both parties use "fear" to promote their agenda? We have threads about that.

Are black Repubs sellouts? maybe, I'd rather look at each individual and judge them on their actions. I just can't see how any Repub can get behind Dubya when he doubled the size of govt. If repubs are supposed to be the party that wants limited govt, Dubya did the exact opposite. How can Michael Steele justify this?

Another point, why shouldn't blacks adopt fiscally conservative principles? We can't spend more money than we make so why shouldn't we hold the govt to the same standards? We don't run our households irresponsibly, well most of us :).

It’s interesting. I post a thread and months, years later the subject becomes topical.:hmm:

Nixon's Southern Strategy

http://www.bgol.us/board/showthread.php?t=189441

source: Inside Out

audio link: WBUR

Southern white men are the base of the Republican Party. Why?

audio only

[WM]mms://realserver.bu.edu:554/w/b/wbur/storage/2004/misc/io_southernstate/ssom_10152004.wma[/WM]​

A quote from a Kevin Phillip’s, a senior strategist for Richard Nixon's 1968 campaign in a 1970 New York Times article:

From now on, the Republicans are never going to get more than 10 to 20 percent of the Negro vote and they don't need any more than that... but Republicans would be shortsighted if they weakened enforcement of the Voting Rights Act. The more Negroes who register as Democrats in the South, the sooner the Negrophobe whites will quit the Democrats and become Republicans. That's where the votes are. Without that prodding from the blacks, the whites will backslide into their old comfortable arrangement with the local Democrats."

With the current support for voter ID cards in Georgia by the Republican dominated state Senate is this the party that want Black voters?

redemption

Star
Registered
I really am not trying to be offensive here, but I still cannot understand how any black person can support the Republican party. You can maintain your values and NOT be Republican. I listed four main reasons below why I will never support them. The first reason alone should be enough...:

ONE: As far I am concerned, the Republican party harbors some of the most racist, out of touch, greedy, condescending individuals this country has to offer. And what makes it worse, the Republican Politicians will cater to these individuals from fear of losing their base. Or at best, act like they are completely oblivious to this fact (Fox News and the KKK is also great at this tactic). That reason, among many others, is why I refuse to support this party and cannot understand how any other black man can.

TWO:Another issue I have with the Republicans ESPECIALLY the conservatives, is that they try to force their values, religion, or ideologies down the throats of the public. For the simple fact this is America and we have the freedom to believe whatever we want, such things should be nowhere NEAR our government.

THREE:Their belief that anyone can be successful, so if you are not successful its nobody's fault but your own, is something else I have trouble accepting from them. This belief would be fine if success was at point Z and EVERYONE started at point A. This is not the case at all, and because most Republicans completely disregard this and are against funding education, and social programs, but fully support big business and corporations disgusts me beyond belief.

FOUR:This leads to number 4. Their catering to Corporations. I believe that Capitalism, not kept in check, is the blueprint for evil. If a Corporation is allowed to exist in this country as if it were a living being. It's only purpose in life... is to make money. If its not making money.. It's DYING. This alone I believe, is the root to the majority of our problems (anything stemming from war, the environment, health, energy, climate change, etc. etc.), and the majority of Republicans in power are bought and paid for by these corporations and fight for policies that benefit the corporations over the people. Now dont get me wrong, there are plenty of Democrats who are in this same boat. But comparing the two, should be evidence enough.

Now maybe YOU in particular dont share these beliefs or dont agree with everything the Republican party stands for.. But thats just it. This is still who you are associated with. :hmm:

thoughtone

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

So, are you saying that there's NO racists democrats/liberals/progressives/socialists?

I just posted several examples of racist republicans of recent history. These were not difficult to look up. Post the democrats and you will answer your own question….for once!

actinanass

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

I just posted several examples of racist republicans of recent history. These were not difficult to look up. Post the democrats and you will answer your own question….for once!

The fact that we are talking more about race than substance proves my point.

If you want to really be technical about the shit, I feel that its more racial when a party looks at you as a "caucus" instead of as an individual citizen. With that logic, the whole Democratic party establishment is racists by nature. They look down on minorities *the ones who supports them* as counted votes, and do absolutely NOTHING to help our situation. It's even to the point where they have taught some black folks that if someone comes with a different point of view, to chastise that person. Similar to a Master giving the good nigga the whip to whip his fellow man.

So, to answer your question, I feel that the whole democrat philosophy is the more racial one.

thoughtone

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

The fact that we are talking more about race than substance proves my point.

If you want to really be technical about the shit, I feel that its more racial when a party looks at you as a "caucus" instead of as an individual citizen. With that logic, the whole Democratic party establishment is racists by nature. They look down on minorities *the ones who supports them* as counted votes, and do absolutely NOTHING to help our situation. It's even to the point where they have taught some black folks that if someone comes with a different point of view, to chastise that person. Similar to a Master giving the good nigga the whip to whip his fellow man.

So, to answer your question, I feel that the whole democrat philosophy is the more racial one.

Once again, you refused to answer my question and deflected the whole point of the post. I asked you to post some examples, which is a fact based request and you respond with an ideological rant about what you feel. Such is the reason you and I can't see eye to eye. I live in the real world, you live in the "I feel" world. I will still be waiting for you to give me some concrete examples to back up your accusations. Talk about "liberals" being emotional!:smh:

actinanass

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Once again, you refused to answer my question and deflected the whole point of the post. I asked you to post some examples, which is a fact based request and you respond with an ideological rant about what you feel. Such is the reason you and I can't see eye to eye. I live in the real world, you live in the "I feel" world. I will still be waiting for you to give me some concrete examples to back up your accusations. Talk about "liberals" being emotional!:smh:

You are looking for a comment, or something like you post.

The truth is, I look at a person's actions way more than what a person says. For example, I look at the fact that roughly 90% of MY race votes for a party that talks a good game, but rarely delivers on anything with substance. Do you honest to God believe that Democrats actually want Black people to do extremely well? Do you honest to God think that Democrats want to fix the black family? Do you honest to God believe that Democrats actually want crime to go down in OUR communities?

I mean seriously, how many years have we followed a democrat because he/she said she was going to fix inner-city schools? Guess what, NONE of that shit has happened. More black men are in jail, our women aren't getting married, kids are basically lacking guidance, and you want to tell me that I need more examples? Yes, I do feel that Democrats need strife, in order, to keep us in OUR supposedly place, and I think I have good reason to believe that.

Besides, if Black families actually become vastly successful, we wouldn't need the Democrats telling us that EVERYTHING is racist with our situation. Meaning, Democrats would actually have to run on substance instead of producing strife.

thoughtone

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

The truth is, I look at a person's actions way more than what a person says. For example, I look at the fact that roughly 90% of MY race votes for a party that talks a good game, but rarely delivers on anything with substance. Do you honest to God believe that Democrats actually want Black people to do extremely well? Do you honest to God think that Democrats want to fix the black family? Do you honest to God believe that Democrats actually want crime to go down in OUR communities?

I mean seriously, how many years have we followed a democrat because he/she said she was going to fix inner-city schools? Guess what, NONE of that shit has happened. More black men are in jail, our women aren't getting married, kids are basically lacking guidance, and you want to tell me that I need more examples? Yes, I do feel that Democrats need strife, in order, to keep us in OUR supposedly place, and I think I have good reason to believe that.

Besides, if Black families actually become vastly successful, we wouldn't need the Democrats telling us that EVERYTHING is racist with our situation. Meaning, Democrats would actually have to run on substance instead of producing strife.

Since you refuse to answer the first questioned and never do (a simple post of requested answer or a simple I don't know would do) and you want to change the subject yet again, when did crack come in to the Black neighborhoods?

Where is that British or West Indian guy that accused me of not answering your question and said that liberals are dividing the country? Hmmm conveniently absent.

actinanass

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Since you refuse to answer the first questioned and never do (a simple post of requested answer or a simple I don't know would do) and you want to change the subject yet again, when did crack come in to the Black neighborhoods?

Where is that British or West Indian guy that accused me of not answering your question and said that liberals are dividing the country? Hmmm conveniently absent.

Again, the answer you are looking for isn't the answer I have. You are looking for a couple of individuals. I'm saying the whole party's philosophy is racist in nature. The writing is on the wall, you just refuse to read it.

BTW, because one politician tells you what you wanna hear does not mean that politician lacks an agenda against you.

thoughtone

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Again, the answer you are looking for isn't the answer I have. You are looking for a couple of individuals. I'm saying the whole party's philosophy is racist in nature. The writing is on the wall, you just refuse to read it.

BTW, because one politician tells you what you wanna hear does not mean that politician lacks an agenda against you.

the answer you are looking for isn't the answer I have.

:lol::yes:

Darrkman

Hollis, Queens = Center of the Universe
BGOL Investor

I don't always come in this section but I had to address the issue.

1- You're trying to overlook the shadiness of the GOP because they've high jacked the "conservative" message and you're having a hard time dealing with that. To honestly say that you never heard Rush saying anything racist is you sticking your head in the sand. There is case after case of Rush making his snide remarks that have a very racist bent to it. If you say you can't find anything then you're hiding.

2- One of the main reasons Blacks vote for democrats and the Democratic party is because the GOP doesn't even try to make inroads. Hell Michael Steele himself has mentioned that as well as many other Black GOP members. Hell I'll use my experiences for example. I'm 41 yrs old in live in Queens, NY. My subway stop (Jamaica Station) is one of the busiest in the entire NYC subway system and is in a Black neighborhood. Now I've voted in EVERY election since I was 18 yrs old and not once have I EVER seen any GOP outreach attempt in my community. Note once..ever. I constantly see Democrats doing get out the vote campaigns at the subways or in the neighborhoods. Is it really that difficult to plant yourself at a train station and try to talk to the people there? The GOP has shown they don't WANT our votes because they worry it will upset their "base" which has issues with the Back community.

I will ask you a question. What has the GOP delivered to the Black community that is of substance since the Dixicrats jumped ship during the Civil Rights Movement. The only delivery I can think of is the Southern Strategy.....and we know how well that worked out for Black people.

UniqueStyles82

Star
Registered
First that was a good article posted Que. Roland Martin made great points. Now onto this discussion, Im going to leave AAA and thoughtone to their back and forth.

I really am not trying to be offensive here, but I still cannot understand how any black person can support the Republican party. You can maintain your values and NOT be Republican. I listed four main reasons below why I will never support them. The first reason alone should be enough...:

ONE: As far I am concerned, the Republican party harbors some of the most racist, out of touch, greedy, condescending individuals this country has to offer. And what makes it worse, the Republican Politicians will cater to these individuals from fear of losing their base. Or at best, act like they are completely oblivious to this fact (Fox News and the KKK is also great at this tactic). That reason, among many others, is why I refuse to support this party and cannot understand how any other black man can.

TWO:Another issue I have with the Republicans ESPECIALLY the conservatives, is that they try to force their values, religion, or ideologies down the throats of the public. For the simple fact this is America and we have the freedom to believe whatever we want, such things should be nowhere NEAR our government.

THREE:Their belief that anyone can be successful, so if you are not successful its nobody's fault but your own, is something else I have trouble accepting from them. This belief would be fine if success was at point Z and EVERYONE started at point A. This is not the case at all, and because most Republicans completely disregard this and are against funding education, and social programs, but fully support big business and corporations disgusts me beyond belief.

FOUR:This leads to number 4. Their catering to Corporations. I believe that Capitalism, not kept in check, is the blueprint for evil. If a Corporation is allowed to exist in this country as if it were a living being. It's only purpose in life... is to make money. If its not making money.. It's DYING. This alone I believe, is the root to the majority of our problems (anything stemming from war, the environment, health, energy, climate change, etc. etc.), and the majority of Republicans in power are bought and paid for by these corporations and fight for policies that benefit the corporations over the people. Now dont get me wrong, there are plenty of Democrats who are in this same boat. But comparing the two, should be evidence enough.

Now maybe YOU in particular dont share these beliefs or dont agree with everything the Republican party stands for.. But thats just it. This is still who you are associated with. :hmm:

Now the points that you make should be addressed. I want to be clear that the republican party of old is not the republican party of new. Unfortunately as several have pointed out, the republican party sold out their political platform to cater to the ideas of the R's: Race and religion. Nixon's southern strategy just broguht the racist dems to the republican party and they have stuck with it. You will hear alot that this republican party of neo conservatives are not the repub of Barry Goldwater(who now would be labeled a liberterian if anything).

The original conservative republican platform is something I wouldn't dispute: Family values, limited govt, fiscal conservatism, non-interventionism(?), individual and states rights etc. I can agree with most of those premises. These neo cons. repub. are 180 of that. Bigger bloated govt, fiscal irresponsibility, global military expansion, religious ideology, etc. I'm more appalled at the fact they claim to be about what their platform was circa 1960 and do shit to absolutely not show it.

The Democrats have atleast tried to stay true to what their platform was about. But they have their negatives as well. In all honesty both parties have sold out to corporate interests, its just more prevalent with the repubs of today. People tend to forget that alot of citizens didnt want the bailout but the dem led congress forced that on the American people. Bush had to cosign it.

Both the Dems and Republicans play the racial issues too fucking hard to me. If black folks been voting Dem for so long and our neighborhoods show no sign of progress, then its time to actually think about choosing another political party or creating our own(lol like that would go over well). The Repubs cater almost exclusively to white southerners/midwesterners and corporate folks. The funny part is southern and midwestern areas got the brunt of economic disparity(job loss) yet these folks vote republican like its cool. The list can go on and on. But always making a political stance or ideology racial just pigeonholes our effectiveness to get certain things done in this country. And that goes for both parties. But hey race and religion for some are more important than rights and liberties.

Capitalism isnt the issue, its when capitalism has bought/paid for our government. There is a reason why you have seperation of church and state. And there should also been a phrase coined for the seperation of state and corporation. Not all parts of business should go unregulated. Buts thats for the measure of keeping competition and business growth healthy.

So in conclusion, alot of people never want to admit that they have tendencies that might reflect another parties position. You dont have to be a sellout or a coon just because your situation/views are different from the next mans.

thoughtone

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Now the points that you make should be addressed. I want to be clear that the republican party of old is not the republican party of new.

The Democratic Party of old is not the Democratic Party of new. That's why you have to vote for the person who best represents your concerns. I just read that Newt Gingrich is instituting another litmus test on what will qualify as a good Republican conservative. The Neo Cons have usurped the GOP to such an extant, that virtually and member that doesn’t vote down ridged party lines will get purged. I remember Barry Goldwater said to Bob Dole in the late 1990s that they have become liberals in the Republican Party. Now if you have any knowledge Dole and especially Goldwater that is an astounding statement.
Democrats are no better. Who would have thought that a Democratic President would have signed a bill to help eliminated manufacturing in the US? The days of party affiliations are over if you want to preserve an America for the people and not for the multination corporations. The bottom line is either you worship money or you don’t. You can’t worship two Gods!

Lamarr

Star
Registered
I just read that Newt Gingrich is instituting another litmus test on what will qualify as a good Republican conservative. The Neo Cons have usurped the GOP to such an extant, that virtually and member that doesn’t vote down ridged party lines will get purged.

I'll have to agree. Never cared much for Newt

The only debates I see are Dem 'big govt' vs. Repub 'big govt' with both parties united under the umbrella of "Globalism"

UniqueStyles82

Star
Registered
The Democratic Party of old is not the Democratic Party of new. That's why you have to vote for the person who best represents your concerns. I just read that Newt Gingrich is instituting another litmus test on what will qualify as a good Republican conservative. The Neo Cons have usurped the GOP to such an extant, that virtually and member that doesn’t vote down ridged party lines will get purged. I remember Barry Goldwater said to Bob Dole in the late 1990s that they have become liberals in the Republican Party. Now if you have any knowledge Dole and especially Goldwater that is an astounding statement.
Democrats are no better. Who would have thought that a Democratic President would have signed a bill to help eliminated manufacturing in the US? The days of party affiliations are over if you want to preserve an America for the people and not for the multination corporations. The bottom line is either you worship money or you don’t. You can’t worship two Gods!

Dammit thoughtone..How am I inclined to disagree. Your not making this much of a debate lol. I honestly think the nail in the coffin for anything resembling a democratic republic coming from the US of A was when they passed that bailout legislation:smh::smh::smh:...When a majority of your constituents personally call you up as a senator or house representative and tell you their displeasure about it, and you still pass the bill, that absolutely said alot. The fact that I had to hear corporate executives and business industry men tell congress that, even though deregulation of the Financial sector in essence caused the whole situation, that the American taxpayer was on the hook for the mess they made. That was just utterly disgusting to watch. I dont have much an issue with globalization but man if the MNC's havent hijacked our government.

I'll have to agree. Never cared much for Newt

The only debates I see are Dem 'big govt' vs. Repub 'big govt' with both parties united under the umbrella of "Globalism"

lol I just laugh at that notion all together. The Republicans need to stop bullshitting themselves and take "limited govt" out of their platform. Conservative republicans can sit up there and hoot and holler about smaller govt but Bush(he was not a conservative) pretty much put to bed the idea of folks in his own party disagreeing with his actions. Tote the line as they say.

actinanass

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Dammit thoughtone..How am I inclined to disagree. Your not making this much of a debate lol. I honestly think the nail in the coffin for anything resembling a democratic republic coming from the US of A was when they passed that bailout legislation:smh::smh::smh:...When a majority of your constituents personally call you up as a senator or house representative and tell you their displeasure about it, and you still pass the bill, that absolutely said alot. The fact that I had to hear corporate executives and business industry men tell congress that, even though deregulation of the Financial sector in essence caused the whole situation, that the American taxpayer was on the hook for the mess they made. That was just utterly disgusting to watch. I dont have much an issue with globalization but man if the MNC's havent hijacked our government.

lol I just laugh at that notion all together. The Republicans need to stop bullshitting themselves and take "limited govt" out of their platform. Conservative republicans can sit up there and hoot and holler about smaller govt but Bush(he was not a conservative) pretty much put to bed the idea of folks in his own party disagreeing with his actions. Tote the line as they say.

As a conservative, I can agree with part of what you are saying. The part I disagree with you about is the "bullshitting" part. Most everyday conservatives knew that Bush wasn't the big conservative President Reagan was. Hell, his dad wasn't even close, and he was around the same age as Reagan. Conservatives have been dealing with the "lesser of two evils" situation for a long ass time. Ask any conservative if Bush was as conservative as they like. Nine times out of ten, they will bring up the bailouts, and illegal immigration as their biggest gripes. However, none would regret voting for the man. If they did, they weren't a real conservative in the first place.

thoughtone

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
As a conservative, I can agree with part of what you are saying. The part I disagree with you about is the "bullshitting" part. Most everyday conservatives knew that Bush wasn't the big conservative President Reagan was. Hell, his dad wasn't even close, and he was around the same age as Reagan. Conservatives have been dealing with the "lesser of two evils" situation for a long ass time. Ask any conservative if Bush was as conservative as they like. Nine times out of ten, they will bring up the bailouts, and illegal immigration as their biggest gripes. However, none would regret voting for the man. If they did, they weren't a real conservative in the first place.

Ok, I've heard this excuse before, that GW wasn't a conservative, the lesser of two evils argument. That philosophy is not only present among so called conservatives, it is present among liberals. Name seven qualities or policy beliefs that will qualify a candidate as being conservative to you.

UniqueStyles82

Star
Registered

Ohhhh contrare...alot of real conservatives did have resentments regarding Bush Junior. The fact that they voted for their lesser of two evils showed how power hungry they were. Dont get it confused, both parties are power hungry to the core. The republicans were more hypocritical about it though because they saw that Bush Jr. was nothing to what their platform stood for and still begrudgingly got in those lines to vote for him the second time. They could have put someone else on the ballot in '04 to run. It was only until the Katrina fiasco that republicans started voicing their displeasure. They are paying the price now because the dems control everything.

The funny part is the republicans held the house and senate for what 10+ years and it was a republican president that got them kicked out. Talk about being defeated by your own.

Lamarr

Star
Registered

Thats the current fight among conservatives. We need more "real" conservatives! I never bought into Dubya's brand of 'conservatism, only because Wars feed the bankers & the military industrial complex. Personally, I feel a 'limited govt' would help the country out from an economic standpoint. Lindsey Graham, Romney, McCain, Palin are "neocons", not conservatives, and they do not support the limited govt platform.

You may have thought my statements was humorous but I'm serious: Big-govt Dems vs. Big Govt Repubs united under the umbrella of Globalism

UniqueStyles82

Star
Registered
Thats the current fight among conservatives. We need more "real" conservatives! I never bought into Dubya's brand of 'conservatism, only because Wars feed the bankers & the military industrial complex. Personally, I feel a 'limited govt' would help the country out from an economic standpoint. Lindsey Graham, Romney, McCain, Palin are "neocons", not conservatives, and they do not support the limited govt platform.

You may have thought my statements was humorous but I'm serious: Big-govt Dems vs. Big Govt Repubs united under the umbrella of Globalism

I know your thoughts were serious. I was laughing at the notion of republicans saying they are about limited govt. Yeah right. As much as dixiecrats hijacked the republican party during the 60's, neo-cons have equally hijacked the repubs in this day and age. You see how most actual conservatives today are really liberterians. Any person who tells me they are conservative and and agrees with military expansionism I already deduce isnt a real conservative. Just off that one premise.

QueEx

Rising Star
Super Moderator
Black conservatives gather
to talk about gaining strength

<But no one from the Republican National Committee
attended Monday's event
:eek: :eek: :eek:

McClatchy Newspapers
By Erika Bolstad
January 23, 2012

WASHINGTON — It's a lonely world out there, black conservatives said Monday, especially as they try to recruit more African-American voters to their ranks,

Says Allen West:
Many black voters will quietly tell conservative African-American politicians that they support their social agenda, said Rep. Allen West, R-Fla., one of just two black Republicans in Congress and the organizer of Monday's panel discussion on black conservatism.

But they don't end up voting with the Republican Party, said West, who invited about a dozen black conservatives to speak on his panel.

Says J.C. Watts:

Here's how J.C. Watts, a former Republican congressman from Oklahoma, put it for West: "Most black people don't think alike; most black people just vote alike."

The audience was small — about 50 — and many of those who attended were congressional aides. The event was broadcast on C-SPAN, however, and West urged people to use Twitter, Facebook and their email contacts to send links to the video to help "break down the perception" that all black Americans support the Democratic Party.

"We can't have this fear of standing up and saying who we are," West said. "We shout at football games, we shout at church, we need to start shouting about the principles that make us who we are."

They face an uphill battle, many of those on the panel acknowledged.

They need conservative black leaders who will go into
what Sheriff David Clarke of Milwaukee County, Wis.,
called "the gallows of our urban centers" to connect
with people on an emotional level. Those conservative
black leaders need to be on par with liberals such as
Jesse Jackson, Clarke said.

The Left's Counterstrategy ? ? ?

"The left has a counterstrategy for what we're trying to do here," said Clarke, who described himself as "a man alone."

"We need a face," he said. "We need a face on this movement."

They must also get the Republican Party to pay attention to issues that are important to black voters, Watts said.

Nowhere is that more evident than in the Republican presidential primary, where black voters have had little say in who will be the GOP nominee. Iowa and New Hampshire have small black populations. In South Carolina, a state where nearly one-third of the 4.6 million people are African-American, just 1 percent of the voters who cast ballots in Saturday's GOP primary are black, according to exit polling conducted by Edison Research and published in The New York Times.

But no one from the Republican National Committee attended Monday's event, the panelists pointed out.

"This is the discussion that the institutions of the Republican Party need to be involved with," Watts said. "How many people do we have at the strategic table at any of the presidential campaigns? Perception is reality. If my clients feel like I don't care about their needs, they're going to go somewhere else."

Says Emanuel Cleaver, D-Mo.:

Black Americans — whether they are Democrats or Republicans — do have lots in common, though, said Rep. Emanuel Cleaver, D-Mo., the head of the Congressional Black Caucus and the lone liberal voice on the panel. A pastor himself, Cleaver noted that "the black church is the most conservative institution in the black community."

Cleaver said that he has declined requests to campaign against West, who has his own sizable campaign war chest but who also will face two well-funded Democratic opponents in his South Florida district.

“It is absolutely crazy for us to get in here and try to figure out ways that we can be mad at each other," Cleaver said. "Because I have some differences with him on political matters? I'd rather work with him to make sure we cover all our bases. We ought to have Republicans who are black."</span>

But Cleaver told the crowd that he also wouldn't budge on some social issues. When asked by a women in the audience whether he would vote to slash the budget of Planned Parenthood, Cleaver said no. He told the woman that federal money to pay for abortions doesn't go to Planned Parenthood, the reproductive health care service that's been a target of anti-abortion activists. It provides critical health care to poor people, Cleaver said, and he'll continue to support budgeting federal money for those services.

West said he and others would continue to take their message of black conservatism to as wide of an audience as he could muster.

"You've got to come up with your own individual action plan," he told the audience, saying that on Capitol Hill, he and the others on the panel "will continue to be voices that need to be heard."

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2012/01/23/136705/black-conservatives-gather-to.html

actinanass

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The problem with the conservative movement is that it requires you to think. It requires you to be a strong individual above being a group. It has to be taught from birth on. You have to be able to see both sides, and have the courage to not fall for the group think mentality. Conservatives will be attacked because, typically, they are hard working citizens that just want to make it.

As a black conservative, one thing I have found out about life is, you can teach somebody through your actions. Contrary to popular belief, I really care about the black community. I'm from the hood, and I've made it out. I really want to effect my old neighborhood in a strong, positive way. That's what I've been working on during my time away from my computer. I want more of our youth to think for themselves about what political theory is right, and about self worth.

Right now, with the policies in place, do you really think it's benefiting the black community?

Finally, because I'm conservative does not automatically means I love all white people. Let's just throw that stereotype in the trash with the discarded wingstop bones. I will state this until my community becomes financially independent. The democratic party is just as racist as the republican party. Anyone that puts you in a group, and throw self-pity towards you is not for you.

They are calling you n-bombs behind your back. Trust me on this...