**Official Football (Soccer) Thread"

DJCandle

BGOL Investor
yeah can u move it to the main board? its better
all the other sports are also on the main board.

yoo before the match they will all talking shit. troopz and DT are funny tho

you wont hear MCP for awhile tho ahah
I think you can. Just a matter of getting a mod to do it.

Troopz is my man. I fuck wit him. He's passionate as hell win or lose. Ya get me blud?

Lol they're doing alright tho

MCP

International
International Member
Roma thoroughly deserved their win against Barca.

Man City are slowly wobbling right now.

DJCandle

BGOL Investor
Roma thoroughly deserved their win against Barca.

Man City are slowly wobbling right now.
Roma looked on point against a sluggish Barca. Valverde may get the boot for this.

Take care of Citeh Saturday. See how long we can delay the inevitable.

woodchuck

A crowd pleasing man.
OG Investor
5 Stripes, bitches! And Glory, Glory!!! Btw, this past Saturday was a great day of football, although I almost turned the channel during the first half with the noisy neighbors!

DJCandle

BGOL Investor
5 Stripes, bitches! And Glory, Glory!!! Btw, this past Saturday was a great day of football, although I almost turned the channel during the first half with the noisy neighbors!
Definitely got a response at the half. My girl walked out and I text her the score later in the day and she kirked. Had to watch the replay of the second half again that night which was even better on replay.

Sanchez doing bits surprisingly.

DJCandle

BGOL Investor
So Liverpool v Roma

& Madrid v Bayern...

Man depending on what Madrid and Bayern do to each other, Liverpool can wrap this whole thing up in 3 games.

DJCandle

BGOL Investor
Great little doc I stumbled on about fraud agents and selling perspective kids dreams of playing in Europe

DJCandle

BGOL Investor
I thought he would've stayed on for real. Last of a dying breed. Much respect to the man. He deserves all the plaudits regardless of his final acts.

Arsene Wenger to step down as Arsenal manager at the end of the season | soccer News | Sky Sports

12:32, UK, Friday 20 April 2018

skysports-arsene-wenger-arsenal_4278291.jpg

Image: Arsene Wenger has confirmed he will step down as Arsenal manager after 22 years at the club
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has confirmed he will step down from his role at the end of the season.

Wenger, 68, will leave a year before his existing contract was due to expire having led the club to three Premier League titles and seven FA Cups during a 22-year reign.

Appointed on 1 October 1996, the Frenchman is the Premier League's current longest-serving manager and has taken charge of a record 823 games.
https://super6.skysports.com/?aff=10252&dcmp=ss_betlink_footerpromo
In a statement to the club's website, he said: "After careful consideration and following discussions with the club, I feel it is the right time for me to step down at the end of the season.

"I am grateful for having had the privilege to serve the club for so many memorable years.

"I managed the club with full commitment and integrity.

"I want to thank the staff, the players, the Directors and the fans who make this club so special.

"I urge our fans to stand behind the team to finish on a high.

"To all the Arsenal lovers take care of the values of the club.

"My love and support forever."

Wenger himself said on Thursday that former Arsenal midfielder Patrick Vieira "has the potential" to succeed him as manager.

The club's majority owner Stan Kroenke asked Arsenal fans around the world to pay an appropriate tribute to the Frenchman who transformed the identity of the club.

He told Arsenal's website: "This is one of the most difficult days we have ever had in all our years in sport. One of the main reasons we got involved with Arsenal was because of what Arsène has brought to the club on and off the pitch. His longevity and consistency over such a sustained period at the highest level of the game will never be matched.

"Arsène has unparalleled class and we will always be grateful to him. Everyone who loves Arsenal and everyone who loves football owes him a debt of gratitude.

"Three Premier League titles, including an entire season unbeaten, seven FA Cup triumphs and 20 successive years in the Champions League is an exceptional record. He has also transformed the identity of our club and of English football with his vision for how the game can be played.

"We have high ambitions to build on Arsène's remarkable tenure and to honour his vision by ensuring that Arsenal competes for and wins the biggest and most important prizes in the game.

"We must now focus on making a strong finish to the season and ask our millions of fans around the world to join us in paying appropriate tribute to one of the greats of Arsenal's history and one of the greats of the game."

Sunday's 2-1 defeat defeat to Newcastle was their 11th in the league this season, equalling their worst tally in a campaign under Wenger.

Arsenal finished outside the league's top four last season for the first time since Wenger arrived at the club in 1996, and are now 14 points behind fourth-placed Tottenham, with five matches remaining.

They face Atletico Madrid in the Europa League semi-final with the first leg to come on April 26.

YoungSinister

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Wenger was the best that it was ever gonna get for Arsenal. The supporters who were calling for his head all these years will see. They’re all delusional.

He left my nigga Lacazette hanging tho :/

DJCandle

BGOL Investor
Wenger was the best that it was ever gonna get for Arsenal. The supporters who were calling for his head all these years will see. They’re all delusional.

Lacazette will be alright tho. He's got youth on his side.

Fam I been telling Gunners supporters for ages now that's it's gonna get worse before it gets better when Wenger departs. We went thru the same thing when Ferguson departed. They've been calling for his head understandably so, but it's not gonna be an easy transition. They're putting Tuchel or Viera as the main candidates for his post but idk if they can fix it that quick.

Personally I think Luis Enrique would be perfect for the job.

keone

WORLD WAR K aka Sensei ALMONDZ
International Member
@DJCandle yeah saw it earlier. This is going to be fun .you can't just get someone after 22 years .the same shit that happened with Man-U is going to happen with ars.

keone

International Member

Nah they were right. He just hasn't got it anymore .It's cool he had a great run.

It all depends on the new coach nobody is safe not even ozil . But having lak and aub in the team are going to cause problems if your are not playing in a 2 striker system .cause the both starters. Aint nobody going to bench happily

DJCandle

BGOL Investor
Nah they were right. He just hasn't got it anymore .It's cool he had a great run.

It all depends on the new coach nobody is safe not even ozil . But having lak and aub in the team are going to cause problems if your are not playing in a 2 striker system .cause the both starters. Aint nobody going to bench happily
I'd take Ozil off their hands on a free

YoungSinister

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Lacazette will be alright tho. He's got youth on his side.

Fam I been telling Gunners supporters for ages now that's it's gonna get worse before it gets better when Wenger departs. We went thru the same thing when Ferguson departed. They've been calling for his head understandably so, but it's not gonna be an easy transition. They're putting Tuchel or Viera as the main candidates for his post but idk if they can fix it that quick.

Personally I think Luis Enrique would be perfect for the job.
I hope so. It all depends on who the next manager is. I can see someone sticking him out on the wing, just b/c of his traits. Shit happens all the time in England, and as a result, niggas can't play up to their full potential. Moussa Sissoko wasted a good portion of his career b/c Newcastle played him out wide :smh:
The thing is, Arsenal doesn't have the prestige of Man U. When Ferguson left it was just simply a matter of time before they were fighting for the title again. Eventually the right guy was going to come along.
There are managers available who could keep Arsenal competitive, but do they want the job? I think people overrate Arsenal's significance.

I don't know man.
He definitely deserved the bashing he got. I remember the periods where he had Bendtner playing on the wing ( :lol: ) and was telling the press that a healthy Abou Diaby was like having "a brand new signing". But even then, he had Arsenal playing in the Champions league. Its like...you can't do better, but you CAN do worse. It's either purgatory or hell for that squad.

As for Lacazette and Aubemeyang, one of them will be moved to the wings. I guarantee it :smh:
Btw I haven't watched much football this season, but I don't believe in Aubemeyang in the EPL. Especially if he's not playing the 9

keone

International Member
I hope so. It all depends on who the next manager is. I can see someone sticking him out on the wing, just b/c of his traits. Shit happens all the time in England, and as a result, niggas can't play up to their full potential. Moussa Sissoko wasted a good portion of his career b/c Newcastle played him out wide :smh:
The thing is, Arsenal doesn't have the prestige of Man U. When Ferguson left it was just simply a matter of time before they were fighting for the title again. Eventually the right guy was going to come along.
There are managers available who could keep Arsenal competitive, but do they want the job? I think people overrate Arsenal's significance.

I don't know man.
He definitely deserved the bashing he got. I remember the periods where he had Bendtner playing on the wing ( :lol: ) and was telling the press that a healthy Abou Diaby was like having "a brand new signing". But even then, he had Arsenal playing in the Champions league. Its like...you can't do better, but you CAN do worse. It's either purgatory or hell for that squad.

As for Lacazette and Aubemeyang, one of them will be moved to the wings. I guarantee it :smh:
Btw I haven't watched much football this season, but I don't believe in Aubemeyang in the EPL. Especially if he's not playing the 9
Man wenger just lost his mind .and it's like it happend overnight .Like one day he woke up and decided to fuck the team up .but he kept making the CL because other clubs were still kinda sorting their problems out .

You can try playing with 2 striker system kinda how barca is playing at times or real .
But yeah it's going to be hard. He already tried laka as a winger and he was kinda aight. But still he is a striker

DJCandle

BGOL Investor

This is very true. With his attributes, he's definitely suited for wing play in England. Shit don't go too far... look at his French counterpart at United. Anthony Martial killed in France playing centrally but got thrown out wide upon arrival to English shores and 3-4 years later is being linked with everyone in the world because "he failed."

Smh. This is why the English will never win a World Cup but that's a different story entirely.

I hear what you're saying, but Arsenal are still a huge club to me. When we talk about huge clubs in the world, they're name will always be in the mix. Granted, it's been inconsistent in terms of silverware and league standing over the years, (minus the whole 4th place bit obviously lol) but they still have the power to draw players even without Champions League. Plus they have a huge following anywhere you go in the world, so after Wengers departure and given the right time and manager, I think they'll be fine.

I will say that whoever the next manager is, should keep in line with ethos of attractive football at the club. Don't pull a United and go 180 degrees in the opposite direction. Keep it silky smooth.

ArsenalCannon357

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I'm thrilled. I'll take a step back to go forward. Wenger screwed himself not leaving after the past FA Cup wins. I have a feeling we'll be A-Ok....the lazy players will have to play now!

Watch Wilshire, Xhaka, Mustafi, and Highlander ( Bellerin) run for the hills...OUT WITH THE DEADWOOD.

DJCandle

BGOL Investor
In regards to Mustafi... sell him. That guy couldn't play in my local Sunday league let alone England's first division.

Yea hopefully the recent failures don't scar his legacy too badly. He should've gone out on top but stayed long enough to become the villain.

keone

International Member
In regards to Mustafi... sell him. That guy couldn't play in my local Sunday league let alone England's first division.

Yea hopefully the recent failures don't scar his legacy too badly. He should've gone out on top but stayed long enough to become the villain.
If you look back even when Henry was playing there Ars only needed about 2 or 3 quality big names players. Ars always and even now had a decent squad where you don't really need to fix up match . Unlike other teams like man u few years ago or ac Milan where they basically needed a new squad.

Then on top of that the players that can make you win the league he didn't want to pay them either. And all the players that lef became leag winners at their new team .

Man I'm not even an Ars supporter but this shit pissed me off. He made Henry cry for help for years. And when Henry left he was out. Ars took all his energy couldn't even run pass a grandma smh .

YoungSinister

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I'm thrilled. I'll take a step back to go forward. Wenger screwed himself not leaving after the past FA Cup wins. I have a feeling we'll be A-Ok....the lazy players will have to play now!

Watch Wilshire, Xhaka, Mustafi, and Highlander ( Bellerin) run for the hills...OUT WITH THE DEADWOOD.

Granit Xhaka from Basel? Damn ive been away for a minute lol

How good is Bellerin? My Jamaican homie was calling him Young Cafu years ago. I know thats blasphemous, but is he a top player?

DJCandle

BGOL Investor
If you look back even when Henry was playing there Ars only needed about 2 or 3 quality big names players. Ars always and even now had a decent squad where you don't really need to fix up match . Unlike other teams like man u few years ago or ac Milan where they basically needed a new squad.

Then on top of that the players that can make you win the league he didn't want to pay them either. And all the players that lef became leag winners at their new team .

Man I'm not even an Ars supporter but this shit pissed me off. He made Henry cry for help for years. And when Henry left he was out. Ars took all his energy couldn't even run pass a grandma smh .
That was the Wenger way tho wasn't it. For years it was "do the most by spending the least..." and he stuck by it. Lotta players suffered under that tactic for sure which is why many probably moved on, Fabregas and Van Persie come to mind.

DJCandle

BGOL Investor
Why Wenger really decided to leave Arsenal

Gabriele Marcotti 12:37pm EST

Officially, he wasn't pushed. He jumped. But it's the sort of leap you take into thin air when a group of board members with machetes have chased you to the top of the building and there's no way out. At some point the haze will clear, the retrospectives will end, the tributes will fade and we'll be left with one incontrovertible fact.

Arsene Wenger was asked to leave.

Many would argue that it should have happened sooner. Maybe they are correct, but that's an argument for another time. What matters here are two things.

One is that what became a running meme, the idea of an eternal Wenger refusing to leave the Colney training ground and Arsenal's shareholders, led by the Kroenke family, appeasing him ad infinitum is no more. The other is that, as The Wall Street Journal reported Friday morning, Wenger chose to announce his exit on his own terms rather than "suffer the ignominy" of being fired at the end of the season.

Realistically, there were three scenarios for Wenger. Stay until the end of the season, perhaps win the Europa League along the way and then announce his departure, one of those "mutual consent" deals that clubs use to mask sackings. Another was hanging in there by his fingernails and getting the metaphorical bullet come the end of May. The third is the path he chose after it became clear to him that nothing, not even a European trophy and a return to the Champions League, was going to change Arsenal's collective mind to get rid of him.

Out of the three paths available at this fork in the road, he chose this one -- announcing his departure now -- in part to eliminate the uncertainty over the club's future. It's no secret that there's a (well-founded) belief around the club that last season's speculation and indecision did them no favors. It hurt them on the pitch, and it weakened their negotiating position regarding their two star players: Alexis Sanchez, who eventually moved to Manchester United, and Mesut Ozil, who did extend his contract albeit with a massive raise.

Wenger's announcement accelerates the transition process and removes the question marks. In some ways, it's his parting gift to a board that has steadfastly backed him for the past decade until it felt it could do so no more. In other ways, by all indications, it was an extremely painful step for him to take.

It was also no coincidence that when Arsenal chief executive, Ivan Gazidis, addressed the media on Friday evening, Wenger was not present.

This is not just a man who has known only one club and one environment for the past 22 years; it's a man who built the ecosystem in which he existed. The stories of the sort of club Arsenal were when he took over are legion. He built the London Colney training ground, he helped design key details at the Emirates Stadium and he micromanaged everything down to the players' diets, which went from the potato chips and bacon sandwiches so prevalent in the English game in the 1990s to the pasta, salmon and steamed vegetables we see today.

Wenger built London Colney just as he built the modern Arsenal, and now he is no longer needed or wanted. That's a punch in the gut, no matter how reasonable or inevitable it might have been and no matter how long it had been coming.

Some will ask: why did it take so long? According to sources familiar with the situation, the issue of his exit goes back several years, with the Kroenke family itself split over how to proceed. Ultimately, Stan Kroenke (just two years older than Wenger) pulled rank and opted to keep him. The two men might be wildly different, but those who know him say the elder Kroenke long felt a certain affinity with the Frenchman.

That said, according to my sources, the situation had become unsustainable. Other than 2015-16, when Tottenham's late-season collapse allowed him to sneak into second place, 10 points behind Leicester, he had not finished higher than third since 2004-05 and hadn't reached the quarterfinals of the Champions League in eight seasons.

For a long time, conventional wisdom had it that Kroenke -- who has never hidden the fact that he is, primarily, a businessman -- was content with Champions League participation (the "top four trophy" for which Wenger was so often mercilessly derided) as long as the revenues rolled in and the EBITDA looked good.

But recent events threatened to hit Kroenke where it hurts: in the wallet. The Ozil/Sanchez fiasco was one example, but, more than that, the Wenger protests and the empty seats at the Emirates were threatening the Arsenal brand.

This is the club with the biggest, most modern ground in one of Europe's great capital cities. It oozes power and privilege; it's the club of the marbled halls and the Invincibles, the one with a London tube stop named after it. In a world where clubs so often rely on image and brand to drive revenues, especially overseas (Manchester United being Exhibit A), Arsenal risked slipping behind.

The process to move on from Wenger began earlier this year. Dick Law, the recruitment specialist and Wenger loyalist, departed, and Raul Sanllehi and Sven Mislintat arrived. These were men formed elsewhere, at Barcelona and Borussia Dortmund respectively, who brought a different sporting outlook and culture. They were not Wenger guys; he might have accepted their appointments, but they spoke to a changing of the guard.

Equally, the signing of Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang in January spoke volumes: he was repeatedly offered to Arsenal in the summer but Wenger opted for another center-forward, Alexandre Lacazette, instead. When the Dortmund striker showed up at the Emirates anyway, it was the most obvious sign that it was the beginning of the end.

Still, Wenger hung on. He had been given a two-year contract extension last summer; he figured he could work with the newcomers and find a way to square the circle. The future had not yet been written, only hinted at. With a strong 2017-18 season, a run at the Europa League and some new talent emerging, perhaps everything would be fine.

The club felt this was not the case. They made it clear that, one way or another, he would be replaced. Arsenal was bigger than Arsene. He might have built this home, but someone else will be living there very soon.

And so he spoke out now, to lift the cloud of uncertainty and speculation while also giving the club -- and himself -- the best possible chance of going out on a high.

Wenger has no idea what will happen next.

keone

International Member
That was the Wenger way tho wasn't it. For years it was "do the most by spending the least..." and he stuck by it. Lotta players suffered under that tactic for sure which is why many probably moved on, Fabregas and Van Persie come to mind.
Yeah it was his way .but he created stars .so he didn't need to spend money. Henry,petit,vieraet etc.

With fab, van persie, nasri, adebayor and song you had players that could bring you the title but he didn't want to pay them and they left.

YoungSinister

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yeah it was his way .but he created stars .so he didn't need to spend money. Henry,petit,vieraet etc.

With fab, van persie, nasri, adebayor and song you had players that could bring you the title but he didn't want to pay them and they left.
Leaving Arsenal was the worst mistake of his career. During his last season in England he was easily one of the worlds best holding mids. Niggas career took a steady decline since

on a scale of 1 to 10

6.5 at best.
Lol. I guess I forgot to mention my boy was delusional
A few seasons ago he was convinced Arsenal would sign either Dybala, Higuin or Reus. He also thought Klopp would leave BVB for Arsenal.
He’s not one of those newboy fans either. Sad and funny at the same time

YoungSinister

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Wissam+Ben+Yedder+Sevilla+FC+v+Istanbul+Basaksehir+o0qSHA3KR07l.jpg

Does anyone know how well this cat has done at Sevilla?
I was telling ppl for years that he was one of Europe’s top finishers. He was at Toulouse for way too long. He was the best player on a squad that had Aurier, Moussa Sissoko and (prime) Abdenour

keone

International Member
Leaving Arsenal was the worst mistake of his career. During his last season in England he was easily one of the worlds best holding mids. Niggas career took a steady decline since

Lol. I guess I forgot to mention my boy was delusional
A few seasons ago he was convinced Arsenal would sign either Dybala, Higuin or Reus. He also thought Klopp would leave BVB for Arsenal.
He’s not one of those newboy fans either. Sad and funny at the same time
Yeah career wise it was but money wise he went up a lot.

That's the thing you go think about trophies or feeding your family?