{~}Official 2023/2024 NBA Thread - playoffs are here {~}

Amajorfucup

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Couldn’t say it any better. I have no idea what games these guys are watching. The game today is almost UNWATCHABLE due to the lack of defense.
Lot easier to defend guys who cant shoot or dribble.

1991 was Jordans first title and prime year. The second best SG in the league was Clyde Drexler.

shaddyvillethug

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
So its ridiculous to hold incompetent whites accountable for their GM'ing malpractice which resulted in absolutely horrendous draft picks and player acquisition for a near decade before LeBron rescued the franchise from the gutter?
????

Cavs picked Wiggins and flipped for love = championship

Lakers(Magic) picked numerous top picks and flipped for AD = Championship

They cashed in when Lebron Arrived

Pat Riley was drafting Caron butlers and wayne simeons before Lebron came in and saved that franchise from the total abyss

shaddyvillethug

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Detlef Schrempf and Christian Laetner played in all star games as big men in the 90's as well, and did just fine. 90's niggas feed off Jordan's entitlement to just lie and make up shit. They've seen it work for him for 40 years and just follow suit. :lol:
Yao Ming over Shaq :lol:

Amajorfucup

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Cavs picked Wiggins and flipped for love = championship
On orders of LeBron. Wiggins was a horrible pick. You're making my point. Horrendous organization. Keep in mind the year prior they took Anthony fucking Bennett.. Heres what i said about Bennett in real time 12 years ago...

Hes a testament to just how awful an organization the Cavs truly are. They win the lottery twice since Lebron leaves (a joke in and of itself) and they burn the latest #1 on Bennett. An undersized, overweight, tweener, whose stock was plummeting leading up the draft because of work ethic and injury concerns. Then the bastard came into camp 30lbs overweight.

shaddyvillethug

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
He was a starting NBA PG in the 90s. All jokes aside.. You think that muthafucka can play in today’s NBA? Not start we know thats not happening.. But PLAY!!!!???
Why hasn’t all those guards u named and loved and saw didn’t break his record?

Rod Strickland?

Kevin Johnson?

Nick the quick?

You picking out 2 cacs to prove your argument is disingenuous

Kirk fucking hinrich was hailed as a pure fire guard who was in the famous 2003 draft and was projected to be a higher pick than Tj ford and Dwyane Wade

The basketball of yesterday is wayyy better today.

shaddyvillethug

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
On orders of LeBron. Wiggins was a horrible pick. You're making my point. Horrendous organization. Keep in mind the year prior they took Anthony fucking Bennett.. Heres what i said about Bennett in real time 12 years ago...

Bro

When u have the best player; u do everything to maximize

Lebron ballons up cities and franchises wherever he goes

To think that 3 teams lost his services to the premier westcoast team the league has seen.

If Dr Buss was still alive, LeBron would have gotten everything just like Phil did

Teams and GMs suppose to mortgage their future for 3 years of a crybaby who wants his posse to take over your franchise like a virus? Riley said fuck you and went to 2 more finals

We see why that shit won’t fly in NYK or Chicago cause organizations win championships not players

shaddyvillethug

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
He was a starting NBA PG in the 90s. All jokes aside.. You think that muthafucka can play in todays NBA? Not start we know thats not happening.. But PLAY!!!!???
My man

U had a fucking sideshow Lance Stevenson who played menstrual basketball start on a conference finals team

YES a nba head coach who coached multiple teams at a high level should be in the league

Monty williams had 3 top 20 players and couldn’t beat a Greek african and a halfbreed twin crosseyed center

shaddyvillethug

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

They coulda fucking picked Ronald McDonald and the California raisin and that pick along with Wiggins was going to Minnesota

Simply Sickenin'

Valar Morghulis ....
BGOL Investor
I've been hearing shit about the Magic all season. I haven't watched a single one of their games, but I figured I'd see one when the playoffs started and they matched up with someone that I do care about.

Well, round 1 v Cavs = Couldn't care less and Adam Silver seems to agree. Why else are most of the games on NBATV :dunno:

I guess I'll check them out next round when they face the Leprechauns. :rolleyes:

Amajorfucup

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Why hasn’t all those guards u named and loved and saw didn’t break his record?
Im gonna pay you the respect you didnt pay me and answer your question.

It hasnt been broken because it was accomplished in a watered down league where guards with limited talent played a half court game and fed bigs. Todays guard are more skilled and dynamic and cant just pass in to bigs and cherrypickers. These guys can also pass, dribble and shoot at are far higher level and stuff the stat sheet as opposed to being one dimensional assist guys. Skiles averaged 10 points game.. Show me a 6 year starting NBA PG getting away with that level of offensive ineptitude today.

Now, again, can Scott fucking Skiles play in todays NBA? Yes or No.

God-Of-War-420

Mr. Pool
Go wolves >>> :yes:

cq8rl0mlruxc1.jpeg
This applies to a lot of people who live in this thread, there's a bunch of you who act like LeBron fucked your girl in high school while you where waiting for her at prom.

Amajorfucup

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Rod Strickland?

Kevin Johnson?

Nick the quick?

You picking out 2 cacs to prove your argument is disingenuous
Im naming starters from that era that wouldnt sniff a bench seat in todays game.

And kill the bullshit.. Strickland couldnt shoot his way out of a paper bag if you gave him a uzi.. Guy was a average NBA starting guard and a 14ppg player who made one all star if that. No idea who "nick the quick" is.. And Kevin Johnson was a very good starter but an outright putrid shooter from beyond 20 feet. My point remains.

God-Of-War-420

Mr. Pool
Because its objectively better and ive seen more live basketball than youve seen if you live two life times. Guard play in indisputably better today. I just named two long time starting shooting guards from MJs prime. Neither would sniff the court today. We can make an argument about 90s bigs.. but guard play today is markedly better. Skill and talent.

As for defense.. turn on a game from the 90s and watch as no one guards the 3 point line and, movement is stagnate, and how packed inside the arc is. Todays players have to extend defense beyond the arc. No longer can you win a game playing bully ball and first to 85 points win. Its ok to admit the game is better today. The NBA is the only professional league that sells fools like you and Costanza on the myth that todays game and athletes have actually regressed and are lesser than guys from 30 years prior. A league heavily populated with white Americans and drug addicts mind you. Do you know how fucking absurd that is?
Come on bro, didn't you know that the NBA is the only sport where talent and athleticism has gotten worse over the years! It's the only sport that goes backwards! If you ask the Jordan obsessed fans that is lmao nevermind that humans are generally taller, faster, and stronger than ever before, nevermind that strategy and analytics has evolved thanks to advancement in technology, nevermind that sports science and medicine is so advanced that people who played in the 90s could only dream of the science and medicine available to todays players, just trust them, Jordan good. LeBron bad. Lmao

Amajorfucup

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Come on bro, didn't you know that the NBA is the only sport where talent and athleticism has gotten worse over the years! It's the only sport that goes backwards! If you ask the Jordan obsessed fans that is lmao nevermind that humans are generally taller, faster, and stronger than ever before, nevermind that strategy and analytics has evolved thanks to advancement in technology, nevermind that sports science and medicine is so advanced that people who played in the 90s could only dream of the science and medicine available to todays players, just trust them, Jordan good. LeBron bad. Lmao
These niggas are literally insane.

shaddyvillethug

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Im gonna pay you the respect you didnt pay me and answer your question.

It hasnt been broken because it was accomplished in a watered down league where guards with limited talent played a half court game and fed bigs. Todays guard are more skilled and dynamic and cant just pass in to bigs and cherrypickers. These guys can also pass, dribble and shoot at are far higher level and stuff the stat sheet as opposed to being one dimensional assist guys. Skiles averaged 10 points game.. Show me a 6 year starting NBA PG getting away with that level of offensive ineptitude today.

Now, again, can Scott fucking Skiles play in todays NBA? Yes or No.
So Chris Paul couldn’t break his record whilst playing with countless hall of famers and All stars

But Scott fucking skiles did it with nick Anderson and fucking Dennis scott

shaddyvillethug

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Im naming starters from that era that wouldnt sniff a bench seat in todays game.

And kill the bullshit.. Strickland couldnt shoot his way out of a paper bag if you gave him a uzi.. Guy was an average NBA starting guard and a 14ppg player who made one all star if that. No idea who "nick the quick" is.. And Kevin Johnson was a very good starter but an outright putrid shooter from beyond 20 feet. My point remains.
Nick van axel

And Rod Strickland taught everything KYRIE knows

He was a walking double double.

Your point doesn’t remain

Steve nash

AI

And Maurbury was all great 90s guards and advanced with each year

Ron Harper is another one who was a shot away from beating the bulls in the playoffs

Once again; those 2 “Bob sura” guards are not the definition or the rule.

shaddyvillethug

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

And kill the bullshit.. Strickland couldnt shoot his way out of a paper bag if you gave him a uzi.. Guy was a average NBA starting guard and a 14ppg player who made one all star if that. No idea who "nick the quick" is.. And Kevin Johnson was a very good starter but an outright putrid shooter from beyond 20 feet. My point remains.
Ben Simmons has more all stars and avg more points than Rod Strickland, are we saying that he’s a better offensive player than Rod?

Markelle Fultz was a can’t miss guard who was suppose to complete the process and we see how that turned out.

These guards are soft and can’t handle top pressure

Kris Dunn was suppose to be the best guard of the 2017 draft and he’s 1 step away from people telling him “20 on 5”.

Why u think we have these “point forward” players who start the offense.

I’m tryna imagine Rick Fox initiating an offensive set in the triangle offense.

Derrick Fisher is another Great Guard from the 90s who can play at all levels.

Costanza

Rising Star
Registered
Man Amazon cant get these games fast enough for me. Barkleys act is beyond tired. When DLo had his one good game he does off taking veiled shots at LeBron.. "who they gonna blame tonite!?".. DLo shits the bed every other game and hes silent. Westbrook has a good game and he goes off on the Lakers for "blaming" Westbrook when he was there. Westbrook shits the bed every other nite and hes silent. Tonite out of no where he again trashes "Laker players" while defending Ham and calling him a good coach.

To have your most vocal talking head have such an obvious bias against the guy who has carried the league two decades while also constantly shitting on the product and current gen players is bad business. Dude is bad for the NBA.
The decade of repetitive Warriors hate 2015-24 never registered with you but he’s anti-“Bron” so now he’s “bad for the NBA” :rolleyes: Wild to be that much of a Stan…
Not as much as two decades of unmitigated hate and veiled personal attacks against the best player the league has ever seen. This predates your bandwagon fandom and cheerleading. Goes back before Steph was even in the league and when you were still deciding if you were gonna be a homo or not wit the guy on your couch.

If you can get past the hormonal fluctuations you have whenever LeBron's name comes up, here's some context from last year showing your perception to be skewed:

KD acts like Charles wasn’t asked for his topline thoughts on several people. He was asked for his KD take and gave it. It is a tired take but it’s not like Charles forced KD into the conversation.

It’s not that he’s a hater— Lord knows I’ve heard him make this exact same point in praise of LeBron 100 times over the past 5 years:

He’s just repetitive. In his general speaking style and in his talking points. He isn’t going to get less repetitive as he gets older. KD’s tired need to always respond ironically reinforces the criticism.

shaddyvillethug

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Cut the bullshit. These guys were drafted in 97 and had no overlap of primes with MJs era of the 90s. You're full of shit.

:lol:
They was drafted in ‘96 and excelled before the year 2000

Derrick fisher was on 2 team eras that went to the finals 3 times in a row. Hit big shots and was also a coach in the NBA. Idk why the laughing emoji like I said Deron williams or something.

God-Of-War-420

Mr. Pool
George played 2 positions and has over 700 homeruns

Derek jeter was in a 3 way tie as the best SS with Nomar and Arod and the latter came over and took over his team.

I like Jeter a whole lot, but LOL

Maybe , just maybe if u woulda said Mantle
Babe Ruth was a fat white guy who played against guys who just got off their day jobs. Stop it.

shaddyvillethug

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Cut the bullshit. These guys were drafted in 97 and had no overlap of primes with MJs era of the 90s. You're full of shit.

:lol:
Huh

I’ve seen more jordan/bulls games than you my guy. Been watching since they was in the worstern conference and on tape delay.

When I tell u that in the late 90s the maurbury led timberwolves was giving the bulls a problem.

We seen Iverson cross jordan in the 90s and progress into a MVP

We seen Nash dominate on PHX and Dallas in the 90s and became a back to back mvp

Point being is that 90s players DOMINATED the 2000s and 2010s

Take away Lebron and idk what player drafted post jordan can even hold a mantle to the 90s players

The 90s had players that made franchises powerhouses for 3 decades straight.

Dumbass 80s players who turned executives are either having workplace sexual harassment scandals and buying a well known basketball league and burying it(Isiah) or Dancing at the draft lottery for LONZO FUCKING BALL(Magic) or a garbage coach and executive who pacers teams did nothing but somehow he’s the only person to have coach of the year , executive of the year and NBA MVP(bird).

90s > all other eras