NFL Draft; Order, Thoughts, Sleepers, Comments

Sango

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I didn't see a Thread on this. Curious on y'all predictions and if you spot
any sleepers in the Draft. See that QB from Vanderbilt toss up 23 reps at the combine for a record.
Although most QBs don't do b/c it's optional. :rolleyes:

Opinions on what your teams should do and not do. peace.

2006 Draft Order
1 Houston Texans
2 New Orleans Saints
3 Tennessee Titans
4 New York Jets
5 Green Bay Packers
6 San Francisco 49ers
7 Oakland Raiders
8 Buffalo Bills
9 Detroit Lions
10 Arizona Cardinals
11 St. Louis Rams
12 Cleveland Browns
13 Baltimore Ravens
14 Philadelphia Eagles
15 Atlanta Falcons
16 Miami Dolphins
17 Minnesota Vikings
18 Dallas Cowboys
19 San Diego Chargers
20 Kansas City Chiefs
21 New England Patriots
22 Washington Redskins
23 Tampa Bay Buccaneers
24 Cincinnati Bengals
25 New York Giants
26 Chicago Bears
27 Carolina Panthers
28 Jacksonville Jaguars
29 Denver Broncos
30 Indianapolis Colts
31 Seattle Seahawks
32 Pittsburgh Steelers

Im_Gifted

Potential Star
Registered
I'm a Giants fan...We are going to pick Ernie Sims...LB from FSU...

Oh yeah...I'm the Black Mel Kiper... :yes:

Sango

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Im_Gifted said:
I'm a Giants fan...We are going to pick Ernie Sims...LB from FSU...

Oh yeah...I'm the Black Mel Kiper... :yes:

What about the CB positions?? Giants had an unfortunate number of injuries at the LB position. Damn shame.

Im_Gifted

Potential Star
Registered
ODUB said:
What about the CB positions?? Giants had an unfortunate number of injuries at the LB position. Damn shame.

Good question...You're right we do need more CBs. If Jimmy Williams(CB-V.Tech) or Tye Hill(CB-Clem.) could slide down to the #25 spot, I could see us grabbing one of them, but that's a big if...Look for us to address the CB position in the later rounds or free agency...We should add speed at the LB and WR position...and bulk in the middle of our O-Line in ths draft...

Draft Biggest Steals

Offence...
Chad Jackson (WR-Florida)
Vernon Davis (TE-Maryland)

Deffence...
Ahmad Brooks (LB-Virginia)
Jason Allen (CB-Tenn.)

Draft Biggest Busts

Offence...
Matt Leinart (QB-USC)
Vince Young (QB-Texas)

Deffence...
A.J. Hawk (LB-Ohio St.)
Mathias Kiwanuka (DE-Boston College)

Last edited:

RunawaySlave

Zeitgeist
BGOL Investor
The Jets damn sure better take Ferguson with the 4th pick
Unless Bush, Leinhart or Young slide down to number 4....
Our O-Line is a wreck and the just released Fabini and another

Herm didn't stand a chance with such a shitty line

M

Mellonomama

Im_Gifted said:
Good question...You're right we do need more CBs. If Jimmy Williams(CB-V.Tech) or Tye Hill(CB-Clem.) could slide down to the #25 spot, I could see us grabbing one of them, but that's a big if...Look for us to address the CB position in the later rounds or free agency...We should add speed at the LB and WR position...and bulk in the middle of our O-Line in ths draft...

Draft Biggest Steals

Offence...
Chad Jackson (WR-Florida)
Vernon Davis (TE-Maryland)

Deffence...
Ahmad Brooks (LB-Virginia)
Jason Allen (CB-Tenn.)

Draft Biggest Busts

Offence...
Matt Leinart (QB-USC)
Vince Young (QB-Texas)

Deffence...
A.J. Hawk (LB-Ohio St.)
Mathias Kiwanuka (DE-Boston College)

mel kiper huh???? yo leinart is fierce.. he will be a great qb in the L youll see.... hey when your team doesnt lose for almost three seasons you have to think he is going to be ok not a bust...

Im_Gifted

Potential Star
Registered
Mellonomama said:
mel kiper huh???? yo leinart is fierce.. he will be a great qb in the L youll see.... hey when your team doesnt lose for almost three seasons you have to think he is going to be ok not a bust...

When I say his going to be a bust, I don't mean he shouldn't be drafted...But he projected to go #2 in the draft...HE IS NOT THE SECOND BEST PLAYER IN THE DRAFT...You gotta throw all that college team winning out the window...The NFL teams are drafting Matt Leinart not USC...Most of the "great" QBs in NFL history didn't come from "great" college team...Leinart was a great college QB because he had the best talent around him...We'll see how great he is if he get's picked by the Saints and his team has the worst deffence in the L.

RunawaySlave

Zeitgeist
BGOL Investor
I think Leinhart will be successful. But he won't be a superstar
like a Peyton or a McNabb....I believe he will be one of those
efficiency guys. Like Big Ben in Pittsburgh

RunawaySlave

Zeitgeist
BGOL Investor
This is what losers are made of:

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=yspsctnhdln>Reggie Bush: Texans Might Trade Pick</TD></TR><TR><TD height=7><SPACER height="1" width="1" type="block"></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>RotoWire.com Staff - RotoWire.com
Monday, February 27, 2006

Update: Texans GM Charley Casserly said Sunday that the Texans have been talking to teams about possibly trading the first pick in the 2006 draft.

Recommendation: It has been widely assumed that Bush, who most think will be the top pick in April's draft, would end up with the Texans because they recently gave quarterback David Carr a three-year contract extension and would seem to have no pressing need for Vince Young or Matt Leinart. However, with running back Domanick Davis already in the fold, the team could decide to move down in the draft to stockpile picks/players in order to fill multiple needs.

Updated on Monday, Feb 27, 2006 2:24 am EST
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Im_Gifted

Potential Star
Registered
RunawaySlave said:

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=yspsctnhdln>Reggie Bush: Texans Might Trade Pick</TD></TR><TR><TD height=7><SPACER height="1" width="1" type="block"></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>RotoWire.com Staff - RotoWire.com

Update: Texans GM Charley Casserly said Sunday that the Texans have been talking to teams about possibly trading the first pick in the 2006 draft.

Recommendation: It has been widely assumed that Bush, who most think will be the top pick in April's draft, would end up with the Texans because they recently gave quarterback David Carr a three-year contract extension and would seem to have no pressing need for Vince Young or Matt Leinart. However, with running back Domanick Davis already in the fold, the team could decide to move down in the draft to stockpile picks/players in order to fill multiple needs.

It'll be real hard to pass up on Bush...But if they are going to deal, they might trade with the Jets...Jets will pick Bush of course, because they need somebody that has a chance to score whenever he touches the ball...Then the Texans can pick Brick so they can portect Carr...But the Jets would have to give up their 3rd round pick too...

M

Mellonomama

Im_Gifted said:
It'll be real hard to pass up on Bush...But if they are going to deal, they might trade with the Jets...Jets will pick Bush of course, because they need somebody that has a chance to score whenever he touches the ball...Then the Texans can pick Brick so they can portect Carr...But the Jets would have to give up their 3rd round pick too...

Yo gifted i think u need a drink.. if the jets can get the first pick they will take a qb. penningnoarm is done and they need a qb for the future. the have old man martin and that kid cedric houston to take the rock..

Sango

Rising Star
Platinum Member
RunawaySlave said:

I don't think I'd be against the Jets talking about some possible trade scenarios. Although Abraham's an animal, there are rumors going around that he might be trade bait. So who knows what Mangini has in mind. We do need a QB bad. But at what expense??? All that extra shit Bush did in college is over. He better learn to pick a hole and GO! ala Tomlinson (his workout partner) with the moves incorporated when needed. Cedric Houston has potential, hope he doesn't get hurt.

RunawaySlave

Zeitgeist
BGOL Investor
Vince Young has a chance to be special. Matt Leinhart has a chance
to be special. Reggie Bush IS special. You do NOT pass on what is
for what will be

Bush is the type of back that you build OLs around. Even though the
line is a fundamental building block towards a title....I would rather
have Bush or Brick than Leinhart or Young, but with a little inginuity,
you can rebuild the line. Backs like Bush don't come along every
draft

But it would figure that the Jets would get this rare opportunity
AFTER the black coach leaves town

Sango

Rising Star
Platinum Member
after, before, or during. Herm's in a better situation now. In my opinion. Although the Jets should have given him more money just for being able to muster the Team to put on Jerseys after they were left w/o quality players to play with in '05. I went to their 2nd to last home game against NE and it was embarrasing what the offense looked like, nothing new. But for the life of me I can't understand why David Barrett is still on the team..????? :angry:

Im_Gifted

Potential Star
Registered
Mellonomama said:
Yo gifted i think u need a drink.. if the jets can get the first pick they will take a qb. penningnoarm is done and they need a qb for the future. the have old man martin and that kid cedric houston to take the rock..

Ok...The Jets need a QB...But they are not going to pick one in the first round...If they stay at #4, they are going to pick Ferguson or a QB...The only reason to trade for the first pick is to get Bush...Why trade for the first pick just to pick a QB, when you can get a good QB at #4?.... :hmm:

All that being said...I don't think Houston is going to trade the pick...

Last edited:
P

pj3050

running backs have the shortest carear span of any position. reggie seems injury prone to me. he needs to bulk up quik. he won't be playing college kids anymore. vince would be the second fastest qb in the leuge. just don't try to change him like the falcons did to vick. let that kid run, he can take a hit. the texans got the major pieces. they need to trade those pics for proven players and make a serious run. you just started building the team, don't start agian from scrath. you can't predict how a college kid will do in the pros(akili smith, ryan leaf,). go with proven players and win games now and not later. trade those picks houston.

1 matt lienhart-jets
2 reggie bush
3 vince young
4 jay cutler
5 deangelo williams

Sango

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Reggie McNeal if given the opportunity will be the second fastest QB 4.37 (40)... But they'll prob try to change his position. Anyone see him play?? How's his technique and read on defense?

Im_Gifted

Potential Star
Registered
ODUB said:
Reggie McNeal if given the opportunity will be the second fastest QB 4.37 (40)... But they'll prob try to change his position. Anyone see him play?? How's his technique and read on defense?

I saw him play a couple of times...They will most likely change him to WR...He can't read a defence and his technique is high school like. He will get drafted in day two somewhere...Get his postion changed...And then fade off into the NFL Europe sunset...Same goes for Michael Robinson(QB-PSU), DJ Shockley(QB-GEORGIA) and Brad Smith(QB-MISSOURI)

V

vivaladiva

well on mike & mike, they said that vince young scored a 6 on the QB test(wolf's test) mat leinart scored a 36...last year alex smith scored a 40....why the black man gotta score so low....if they're correct, young stocked has tanked.

dacrazydeafdawg

Star
Registered
all i know is the Falcons better now waste their #15 on some fucking WR!!! shyt get some real WR off the FA list.. Falcons need some Line help both on offense and defense...

if i was the owner of Texans I would trade my #1 pick to get some Offense linemens from another team.. at least 3 of them lol...... but seriously... they need to trade davis to the ravens and get jamal lewis... then get Reggie Bush as a RB.....

Sango

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Ok here are the TE's
I saw the TE from Maryland play and he's a weightroom freak.
Aside from running a :eek: 4.38 (40) :eek:
[FRAME]http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/9297819[/FRAME]

Sango

Rising Star
Platinum Member
The Wr's don't stand out too much but Santonio Holmes is a beast. Younger Moss am not sure if he'll make much if any noise. I also like Avant from Michigan.

TrojansFan

Potential Star
Registered
I just saw this thread and decided to respond to a few posts...

all i gotta say is my boy brick is the best offensive lineman in the draft hands down
You really went out on a limb with that one :rolleyes:
But I agree :D

Draft Biggest Steals
Offence...Chad Jackson (WR-Florida) Vernon Davis (TE-Maryland)
Deffence...Ahmad Brooks (LB-Virginia) Jason Allen (CB-Tenn.)
Draft Biggest Busts
Offence...Matt Leinart (QB-USC) Vince Young (QB-Texas)
Deffence...A.J. Hawk (LB-Ohio St.) Mathias Kiwanuka (DE-Boston College)
Wow, you have no clue! :lol:
Chad Jackson is fast but nowhere near an NFL #1 or #2 reciever. :(
I hope he can return kicks.
Vernon Davis is a ProBowl TE and a top 10 pick! So how can he be a Steal? :confused:
Matt Leinart a bust? :lol: As long as he has some talent around him, he has all physical tools and when it comes to on-field leadership and reading defenses he is second only to Peyton (thats why he will be the 1st QB taken, we know he doesn't have the strongest arm).
A.J. Hawk a bust? :lol: Get the fuck out of here! He is a beast, size, speed, passion, and knows the game. Better all-around player than Shawne Merriman.

I think Leinhart will be successful. But he won't be a superstar
like a Peyton or a McNabb....I believe he will be one of those
efficiency guys. Like Big Ben in Pittsburgh
There are so many things wrong with that quote. :smh:
McNabb is not a superstar! Maybe on Chunky Soup commercials, but his lack of leadership was exploited this past season something awful. Don't get me wrong he is very talented, but one of the requirements of an elite QB is that he has to be a leader. And you compare Leinart to Big Ben??? Big Ben is a huge physical quarterback with good mobility and a cannon for an arm! Leinart is of average size and below average mobility (although he knows how to move when he needs to) with a good arm (but not great). The only thing they have in common are their leadership skills and desire to win. But Big Ben has only lost 3 games in 2 years and led his team to the SuperBowl in his second season...he is a superstar! So I don't get your point :confused:

reggie seems injury prone to me. he needs to bulk up quik.
WTF? He seems injury prone to you? :confused: He played 4 years in highschool and 3 years in college injury free and never missed a game! So how can you say he is injury prone??? Last I checked someone who is injury prone has a history of injury promblems. :smh: He will add weight just like everyother player moving from college to the pros, but he is special because he is fast and agile not because they want him to move the pile on 4th and 1. Get a clue!!! :smh:

Reggie McNeal if given the opportunity will be the second fastest QB 4.37 (40)...
He won't get the opportunity...period!

Sango

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Is Jay Cutler overhyped was the question on ESPN today, so let's get some answers on here? I think he's been overhyped considering no 1 really knew who the fuck he was until that senior game. That's where he began creating some buzzz. But there are sleepers everywhere specially in the rich football tradition of the SEC. He's got good size but I haven't seen him play enough to talk about his mechanics, arm strength, etc. All those highlight clips on ESPN are his best plays so he'll look like he's great.

cranrab

Star
BGOL Investor
undrafted but...

George Mason's Lewis signs with Giants
/ Associated Press
Posted: 59 minutes ago

Jai Lewis played a major role in George Mason basketball's improbable run during the NCAA basketball tournament this spring.

For his next trick, he'll try to make it in the NFL after not playing organized football for five years.

Lewis, a forward on the George Mason hoops team that stunned Michigan State, North Carolina and Connecticut on its way to the Final Four, agreed to a rookie free agent contract with the New York Giants on Monday.

"I'm very excited that somebody's taking a chance on me and giving me the opportunity to go out there and show what I can do," Lewis said by phone. He said the Giants project him at tight end, a position he played in high school, or offensive tackle, a position he has never played.

The St. Louis Rams made a similar move Monday, signing Connecticut basketball player Ed Nelson to a free agent contract. Nelson, a 6-foot-8, 265-pound power forward, also has not played football since high school.

Lewis, 23, is listed on George Mason's roster at 6-foot-7 and 275 pounds but said he actually weighs 290. He has not played football since high school in Aberdeen, Md., though he was recruited by schools such as Virginia Tech and North Carolina.

At George Mason, he averaged 13.7 points and 7.8 rebounds last season and helped the Patriots reach the Final Four, where they lost 73-58 to Florida. Lewis scored 20 points in George Mason's 86-84 upset of Connecticut in the regional final.

Being in the Final Four "definitely helped" raise his visibility for NFL coaches, Lewis said. The Giants already knew about him, according to general manager Ernie Accorsi, and sent a scout to a workout Lewis held earlier this month. They were impressed with his footwork and overall athletic ability and envisioned him as a tight end if he loses some weight, or an offensive tackle if he continues to grow.

"He's a project. It's not going to happen overnight," Accorsi said. "Basketball teams are filled with great athletes. The question is, does he have the fortitude to play this sport, where you're getting hit in the mouth every play? It's going to depend on how hard he wants it and how hard he works."

If Lewis makes the Giants' roster, he will follow a similar path as that of Antonio Gates, the San Diego Chargers tight end who played basketball but not football in college at Kent State. Gates led all NFL tight ends last season with 89 catches and has been to two Pro Bowls.

"He did open the door a little bit," said Lewis. "A lot of power forwards are the right size to play in the NFL. But it's not going to be an easy task. It's a battle I'm going to have to fight for if I want to play in the this league."