New NBA Books: Scottie Pippen memoir throws some big Michael Jordan shade "I WAS THE REAL LEADER" & the Last Dance was disrespect UPDATE: Oh SH*T!

Pworld297

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
This nigga been trippn! Calling Phil Jackson racist because he gave Kukoc the last shot. The thing is no matter who Jackson put in Pippen was going to be pissed off because he keeps saying it was my team, he's saying this in every interview he's doing, that all he did over the years up until that point, he should have took the shot so he would have been salty no matter who took the shot. Phil could be racist but at least have some other teammates to back you up.

Amajorfucup

Rising Star
Platinum Member
This nigga been trippn! Calling Phil Jackson racist because he gave Kukoc the last shot. The thing is no matter who Jackson put in Pippen was going to be pissed off because he keeps saying it was my team, he's saying this in every interview he's doing, that all he did over the years up until that point, he should have took the shot so he would have been salty no matter who took the shot. Phil could be racist but at least have some other teammates to back you up.
He called Phil racist because he spent 10 years with him and knows more than we do. Phil also has a shit ton of flat out racist quotes out there to support the claim. You cats love running to the defense of whites when they're called out on they shit.

Walter Panov

Rising Star
Registered
Meh, Pippens just trying to sell a book. He was a sidekick. No book or documentary will change that. And Jordan stood out for him in the last dance. And stood out for him before that during his hall of fame speech. Books don't sell without manufactured drama.

Rudey

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Pippen and Olajuwon are my two favorite players of all time. Pippen has the ability to be a leader but I don't believe he was the leader of those championship bulls teams.

Pworld297

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
He called Phil racist because he spent 10 years with him and knows more than we do. Phil also has a shit ton of flat out racist quotes out there to support the claim. You cats love running to the defense of whites when they're called out on they shit.
LOL ain't nobody running to the defense of whites especially Phil Jackson, I'm well aware of the things he's said. Pippen may believe he's a racist but several other black teammates spent several years with Phil as well and no one has said nothing. Wil Perdue said this morning on Chicago sports radio show that Pip is supposed to introduce Kukoc for the Hall of Fame, I'm sure that's going to be hella awkward. My point was Pippen would have been mad no matter who took the last shot in that game because he felt he deserved to take the shot. Kukoc had hit last second shots during that season so it wasn't as if he'd never been in that situation.

Deepwaterdiver

Rising Star
OG Investor
I'm from Chicago and during the Bull reign as Champions I'd have to agree Scottie was the leader, not Michael's selfish Black ass. Talk to the players on the teams they'll say it themselves. Mike's nature was far too alienating of the other players. Everyone thinks Mike was some pillar of intelligence, he signed some fucked up contracts himself while playing for the Bulls. Only in the last 2 seasons did he make that cracka cocksucker Reinsdorf Pay him properly, 32 million then 34 million.

Bad Andy

No time for a 304
Registered
It takes a lot to play Tambourine to a guy like Jordan. Pip was most likely the only dude that was able to handle his personality and get the job done on the court.

I could see Pip being the leader in the locker room and putting it all out there for the team. This all took place in the 90’s. Pip had 30 years to referencing on that. The last dance might have been the last straw that unhinged Pip. At the end of the day it was all about the team not any one individual and these grown men gotta stop acting like kids.

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member
I dont understand,why people always gotta defend Jordan when someone call him out on his bullshit...They get label being bitter or being jealous of him.

How about stop being an asshole to people. You got people like Skip Clueless co-sign that behavior but if it was any other player it would be a problem.

How are you gonna say there wouldnt be no Michael without Pippen but throw the Pippen under the bus in the documentary. I would had knock on Jordan's door after the documentary ended...

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
E4qwkT0XwAUlLv9

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Scottie ain't cringe about that

Side kick bullshit be

Cringed everytime Charles Oakley

Pulled up..

Especially in the locker room

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Scottie Pippen slams Michael Jordan for making 'The Last Dance' all about him
Liz Roscher
Tue, November 2, 2021, 1:09 PM·5 min read

In this article:

The world has been seeing a new Scottie Pippen in 2021. Following the release of the Michael Jordan-centric "The Last Dance" documentary, which is about the 1997-98 Chicago Bulls, Pippen has started to speak out about how he feels Jordan and the producers shafted him in the program, and other behind-the-scenes happenings that didn't make it into the final cut.
Pippen's feelings about "The Last Dance" will be on full display in his forthcoming memoir "Unguarded," which comes out Nov. 9. GQ got an exclusive excerpt of the book, and it's all about Pippen's reaction to watching the doc.
It begins with Pippen receiving a text from Jordan, who'd heard that his former teammate was upset. And Pippen was upset. He was upset at how he and his teammates had been portrayed in "The Last Dance" as merely bit players instead of vital and important pieces of a championship team. And Pippen knew who to blame.
The final two episodes aired on May 17. Similar to the previous eight, they glorified Michael Jordan while not giving nearly enough praise to me and my proud teammates. Michael deserved a large portion of the blame. The producers had granted him editorial control of the final product. The doc couldn’t have been released otherwise. He was the leading man and the director.
Pippen felt like a 'prop'
In the excerpt, Pippen wrote that he thinks Jordan's desire to prove he's better than LeBron James drove his decision to make "The Last Dance" all about him. The documentary did spend some time on Pippen's past, but Pippen was unhappy with how he'd been portrayed.
Even in the second episode, which focused for a while on my difficult upbringing and unlikely path to the NBA, the narrative returned to MJ and his determination to win. I was nothing more than a prop. His “best teammate of all time,” he called me. He couldn’t have been more condescending if he tried.
On second thought, I could believe my eyes. I spent a lot of time around the man. I knew what made him tick. How naïve I was to expect anything else.
Each episode was the same: Michael on a pedestal, his teammates secondary, smaller, the message no different from when he referred to us back then as his “supporting cast.” From one season to the next, we received little or no credit whenever we won but the bulk of the criticism when we lost. Michael could shoot 6 for 24 from the field, commit 5 turnovers, and he was still, in the minds of the adoring press and public, the Errorless Jordan.
It's been over a year, but Scottie Pippen is still pretty steamed about how Michael Jordan portrayed him and his teammates in "The Last Dance." (Photo by VCG/VCG via Getty Images)
Pippen speaks to former teammates
Pippen wrote that in the aftermath of "The Last Dance," he heard from a number of his former Bulls teammates, and they all expressed the same anger and frustration at Jordan relegating them to also-rans on their own championship team.
Over the next few weeks, I spoke to a number of my former teammates who each felt as disrespected as I did. How dare Michael treat us that way after everything we did for him and his precious brand. Michael Jordan would never have been Michael Jordan without me, Horace Grant, Toni Kukoc, John Paxson, Steve Kerr, Dennis Rodman, Bill Cartwright, Ron Harper, B. J. Armstrong, Luc Longley, Will Perdue, and Bill Wennington. I apologize to anyone I’ve left out.
I’m not suggesting Michael wouldn’t have been a superstar wherever he ended up. He was that spectacular. Just that he relied on the success we attained as a team—six titles in eight years—to propel him to a level of fame throughout the world no other athlete, except for Muhammad Ali, has reached in modern times.
Pippen spends an extended amount of time in the excerpt talking about his interactions with John Paxson, who played for the Bulls during their first two championships and went on to become an NBA executive. According to Pippen, he and Paxson developed animosity toward each other after Pippen retired in the middle of a two-year deal Paxson had offered him as GM of the Bulls. Following that incident, Pippen wrote that Paxson intentionally ignored all of Pippen's desires to become more involved in the franchise.
Paxson texted Pippen just a few days after Jordan did. In the excerpt, Pippen describes what may be one of the most awkward phone calls ever.
On May 22, 2020, the day after Paxson sent his text, the two of us spoke for a few minutes over the phone. He got right to the point:
“Pip, I hated how things turned out when you came back to Chicago. This organization has always treated you poorly, and I want you to know that I think it’s not right.”
I was glad to hear Paxson admit a wrong I had known forever. Which didn’t mean I was willing to forgive him. If that, indeed, was what he was looking for. It was too late for that.
“John,” I said, “that is all fine and dandy, but you worked in the front office for the Bulls for almost twenty years. You had a chance to change that and you didn’t.”
He began to cry. Not knowing how to respond, I waited for him to stop. Why he was crying, I couldn’t be sure, and honestly, I didn’t care.
Before long, our chat was, mercifully, over.
The lesson here? Don't get on the wrong side of Scottie Pippen.