Mystikal Wants Off Cash Money Records

ScottyPiffen745

BGOL CSI: Connoisseur of Sluts on Instagram™
Registered
Signing with Cash Money was a good look though. They had him getting 10k a show just off that Cash Money co-sign. But for his artistry....it wasn't the best play for him.

Mystikal still got it though. Some of that shit him and Mannie came up with was gonna tear clubs up. You can't lose with KLC and Mannie behind you.

Shit, he probably could've got 10k a show by himself.

He should've just went straight to touring, stacked his bread up, bought some beats and a couple videos, get a distribution deal and he would've been set.

But CMB probably gave him a nice lil check and he took it without realizing that his shit probably wouldn't see the light of day.

Busta, Omarion, and Bow Wow's albums weren't ever coming out. Don't know why he thought he would be treated any different.

bwb

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Mystikal... I'm still hoping he gets with the right team and fires that shit back up... that lil freestyle with manny in his whip got me hyped when it first came out

ScottyPiffen745

BGOL CSI: Connoisseur of Sluts on Instagram™
Registered
And Tyga barely made it, if it wasn't for that "Rack City" shit, he'd be in the same boat as Gudda Gudda and those two kids.

blkking1123

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
If mystikal and juvie with mannie hooked up they would smash cash money records. Old heads still waiting on some 1990s N.O. bounce.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

DigitalMethods

Star
Registered
to be fair he did go right back to jail after he was released, that fucked his buzz up

:yes::yes::yes: right, it would have been the same reality though, no release most likely.

And Tyga barely made it, if it wasn't for that "Rack City" shit, he'd be in the same boat as Gudda Gudda and those two kids.

:lol::lol:

Plus Tyga is more independent he doesn't rely on them really.

Busta left this year.

Companies keep going to there artist that are guaranteed to make them money and these days its a big gamble to throw out artist who they are unsure about, especially today.

Chitownheadbusa

♏|God|♏
BGOL Investor
Mystikal still got it though. Some of that shit him and Mannie came up with was gonna tear clubs up. You can't lose with KLC and Mannie behind you.

Yea.....
I was hoping he wouldve worked with Mannie.
Some of his best shit was when he was with No Limit.
But he had some nice stuff before and after that.

He was probably looking to hustle off the Cash Money "hype".
But im sure they wanted him to go full out with that club/pop/rock/weird bs...that u see Nicki, Drake and Wayne doing...and he probably wasnt feeling it. Like he said...he's a grown Man. Seeing him doing shit the way Wayne and them do it would look weird and out of character for him.

Truth is ..cash money wasnt gonna help Busta and him sell a lot of records anyways. Maybe help them get a couple of hit singles...ride that wave for a min....the make some extra money off riding shotgun at performances...but Cash Money aint the type of label thats gonna pull your career out of a ditch.

Dr. Truth

GOD to all Women
BGOL Investor
Mystical used to the 90s where the labels did all the promo. These days you have to do the promo yourself. Tyga is grinding on his own. Bitch ass Bow Wow couldn't do shit on his own and flopped with them. Drake same shit he doing his own shit. If you a bum and lazy you aint going to survive on young money. Period. Especially with Baby and Slim funneling half your money towards their fleet of red cars.

anchorman

Star
Registered
Cash money only drops albums for artists who already have had a strong buzz going on: I.E. Drake & Nicki Minaj.

I won't count the original & organic cash money artists like Junvenile & Lil Wayne.

simonmarcel

Rising Star
OG Investor
Side note... How in the hell did Fiend not blow up?

Don't know. His style was as unique as Mystikal. I fucked with Fiend ever since the I'm Bout it Soundtrack.

I'm from Baltimore and in 97-98 I bought most of the No Limit Albums that came out. That was when they started to play southern artists up north.

A to Dah K

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Shit, he probably could've got 10k a show by himself.

He should've just went straight to touring, stacked his bread up, bought some beats and a couple videos, get a distribution deal and he would've been set.

But CMB probably gave him a nice lil check and he took it without realizing that his shit probably wouldn't see the light of day.

Busta, Omarion, and Bow Wow's albums weren't ever coming out. Don't know why he thought he would be treated any different.

Omarion was on cash money?

unknownsoldier

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
If mystikal and juvie with mannie hooked up they would smash cash money records. Old heads still waiting on some 1990s N.O. bounce.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

:yes:

Man, I been saying for a minute...P need to kill all this "new No Limit" shit trying to reinvent the wheel. He need to bury the hatchet w/ BBTP, create a home for these older cats. Mannie can come make beats for a price, Juve, Mystikal...these dudes can use an avenue for putting music out & he can quit trying to make weak ass comebacks with these unknowns.

DigitalMethods

Star
Registered

Man, I been saying for a minute...P need to kill all this "new No Limit" shit trying to reinvent the wheel. He need to bury the hatchet w/ BBTP, create a home for these older cats. Mannie can come make beats for a price, Juve, Mystikal...these dudes can use an avenue for putting music out & he can quit trying to make weak ass comebacks with these unknowns.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

D-TOWN REP

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Real talk

I would support that shit

And I know I'm not alone

Ain't none of them mufuckas making no noise solo they need to link back up

unknownsoldier

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Real talk

I would support that shit

And I know I'm not alone

Ain't none of them mufuckas making no noise solo they need to link back up

these dudes shut the club down or HOB down whenever they come to town. There's a place in the world for these cats for the 30-50 year old that aint tryna be in no mess, cool environment, enjoying their music. These older R&B groups doing it who's to say rappers can't????

:lol: tell me it wouldn't work!?!?!