Minimum wage not enough to beat poverty, research says

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member
Working poverty is a hot trend thanks to low-wage jobs

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/...trend-thanks-to-low-wage-jobs?detail=facebook

Struggling to get by has changed for the worse, according to the executive director of Chattanooga, Tennessee's Metropolitan Ministries:

“It used to be that folks came in with a single issue — it was like, ‘I have to buy a new tire because my tire blew out,’ or, ‘I’m short on my electrical bill,’ ” Ms. Whelchel said. “Now they come in with a rubber band around a bunch of bills and problems. Everything is wrong. Everything is tangled with everything else.”

That worsening struggle is visible in the lives of Chattanoogans Steven Greenhouse interviewed, like a nurse's aide stuck at part time and $9.00 an hour after having been laid off from a full-time job at $13.25 an hour, or a prep cook with a college degree who "usually takes home less than $200 a week." And it's not just anecdata:

Climbing above the poverty line has become more daunting in recent years, as the composition of the nation’s low-wage work force has been transformed by the Great Recession, shifting demographics and other factors. More than half of those who make $9 or less an hour are 25 or older, while the proportion who are teenagers has declined to just 17 percent from 28 percent in 2000, after adjusting for inflation, according to Janelle Jones and John Schmitt of the Center for Economic Policy Research.

Today’s low-wage workers are also more educated, with 41 percent having at least some college, up from 29 percent in 2000. “Minimum-wage and low-wage workers are older and more educated than 10 or 20 years ago, yet they’re making wages below where they were 10 or 20 years ago after inflation,” said Mr. Schmitt, senior economist at the research center. “If you look back several decades, workers near the minimum wage were more likely to be teenagers — that’s the stereotype people had. It’s definitely not accurate anymore.”

Yet despite the large number of Americans who are working and poor, when Republicans like Rep. Paul Ryan talk about poverty, they talk about people who don't want to work, not jobs that don't pay enough and that keep people stuck at part-time with unpredictable schedules and unpredictable paychecks. The thing is, Ryan may have a point when he says that our nation has "a real culture problem" and a "dignity of work" problem. It's just that employers, not workers, are the ones with the problem.

See also: http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/...howcases-Paul-Ryan-s-wrong-way-war-on-poverty

QueEx

Rising Star
Super Moderator
Working poverty is a hot trend thanks to low-wage jobs

Struggling to get by has changed for the worse, according to the executive director of Chattanooga, Tennessee's Metropolitan Ministries . . .

aD48E.AuSt.91.jpeg

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member
Just a short blurb...I didn't want to make a new thread:

Maryland Passes Minimum Wage Raise, Raised to Over $10.00

http://www.blackenterprise.com/money/consumer-affairs/maryland-passes-minimum-wage-raise-10-dollars/

The Maryland House of Delegates passed a bill that gradually will raise the state’s minimum wage to $10.10 per hour by 2018.

The bill is ready to be signed into law by Gov. Martin O’Malley.

However, there are a few drawbacks to the bill. Many are disappointed that the minimum wage will not be tied to an inflation index. Currently, about 10 other states index their minimum wages for inflation, but Maryland will be forced to legislate new raises every few years, reports the Huffington Post.

In addition to tying the federal minimum wage to inflation, Congressional Democrats want to see an increase in the federal tipped minimum wage (it has been $2.13 since 1991).

RoadRage

the voice of reason
BGOL Investor
Workers are paid based on how productive they are for their employer. That productivity cannot be mandated, which is the very reason you cannot mandate wage. It will result in higher unemployment & costs.

Who believes a person should recieve a benefit they did not work for?

This is economics 101.If folks don't start getting the production wage ratio concept, then this country is doomed.. We need to increase productivity if we want to effectively increase wadges, with out inflation.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

Greed

Star
Registered
People like to cite Econ 101, but in an actual Econ 101 class the information is presented as a perfect world without distortions.

The world is horribly distorted. Productivity and wages are not as positively correlated to each other as they were years ago.

The popular debate has one side blaming the actions of business for the discrepancy and the other blames the actions of liberals in government. Waste of time.

Upgrade Dave

Rising Star
Registered
Just a short blurb...I didn't want to make a new thread:

Maryland Passes Minimum Wage Raise, Raised to Over $10.00

http://www.blackenterprise.com/money/consumer-affairs/maryland-passes-minimum-wage-raise-10-dollars/

The Maryland House of Delegates passed a bill that gradually will raise the state’s minimum wage to $10.10 per hour by 2018.

The bill is ready to be signed into law by Gov. Martin O’Malley.

However, there are a few drawbacks to the bill. Many are disappointed that the minimum wage will not be tied to an inflation index. Currently, about 10 other states index their minimum wages for inflation, but Maryland will be forced to legislate new raises every few years, reports the Huffington Post.

In addition to tying the federal minimum wage to inflation, Congressional Democrats want to see an increase in the federal tipped minimum wage (it has been $2.13 since 1991).

This will be a mistake. Having to legislate new raises is why the national minimum has been stuck.

This is economics 101.If folks don't start getting the production wage ratio concept, then this country is doomed.. We need to increase productivity if we want to effectively increase wadges, with out inflation.

:smh:

Let me disavow you of that false belief.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/business/2013/12/16/worker-productivity/4038505/

and

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/13/sunday-review/americas-productivity-climbs-but-wages-stagnate.html?_r=0

btw, the Caterpillar example in the NYTimes article is disgraceful.

People like to cite Econ 101, but in an actual Econ 101 class the information is presented as a perfect world without distortions.

The world is horribly distorted. Productivity and wages are not as positively correlated to each other as they were years ago.

The popular debate has one side blaming the actions of business for the discrepancy and the other blames the actions of liberals in government. Waste of time.

I didn't think there was anything else you could say one way or another to make me comment but you surprised me.

I agree with the bolded.

thoughtone

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Right one the current republican message.

It was in the e-mail.

If you can't win off of your own rhetoric, make up some more.

Greed

Star
Registered
I didn't think there was anything else you could say one way or another to make me comment but you surprised me.

I agree with the bolded.

Right one the current republican message.

It was in the e-mail.

If you can't win off of your own rhetoric, make up some more.
Both of you are certifiable. Especially thoughtone, since we've gone back and forth about productivity and wages in the Food Stamp thread. Old topic that Dave is surprised by and thoughtone thinks came from a recent political email.

thoughtone

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Both of you are certifiable. Especially thoughtone, since we've gone back and forth about productivity and wages in the Food Stamp thread. Old topic that Dave is surprised by and thoughtone thinks came from a recent political email.

I heard yesterday on the news that several wingnuts used the exact same garbage about productivity.

Coincidental that the "old argument" was raised within a few days?

Upgrade Dave

Rising Star
Registered

The news doesn't surprise me at all. I've long said productivity and wages weren't connected.
The surprise was that you typed anything on this subject that I could agree with.
I thought I made that plain.
Even when I agree with you, you want to argue and take digs.
Okay.

Greed

Star
Registered
I heard yesterday on the news that several wingnuts used the exact same garbage about productivity.

Coincidental that the "old argument" was raised within a few days?
You ever heard of a poster named RoadRage? He's the one that brought it up a few days ago.

And how obsessed are you that you're on Republican email list too.

Greed

Star
Registered
The news doesn't surprise me at all. I've long said productivity and wages weren't connected.
The surprise was that you typed anything on this subject that I could agree with.
I thought I made that plain.
Even when I agree with you, you want to argue and take digs.
Okay.
The point is we've all said something similar and it's not considered a controversial point. There was nothing to be surprised about.

Of course, people like you and thoughtone are generally wrong in your wording that "productivity and wages weren't connected." The connection isn't as strong as it use to be, but it's still there.

RoadRage

the voice of reason
BGOL Investor
You ever heard of a poster named RoadRage? He's the one that brought it up a few days ago.

And how obsessed are you that you're on Republican email list too.

American people, think its our right to be able to spend more and more, well that's not true.. I reality , the reason why the poor have more than the poor in Mexico, is because this country produces more, and is able to create more jobs.. Sure this country also jacks the world for their shit also, but the bottom line, is everything became really fare, not just for the workers here, but globally, the average worker here, based on actual productivity, would make significantly worse.
But back to the original argument, unless you study economics or have a small business yourself, you have no idea how low productivity (due to big companies such as walmart) and higher min wage can destroy small businesses, especially blacked owned ones. Now if the worked getting the increase were to spend their wages wisely to help build the black hoods, that would be one thing, but the way we blindly, and often proudly give it to the white man , buying dumb shit, smh, that dumb shit increases poverty..
For the future, don't assume Im down with some dumb ass republic agenda, just because I have a free mind to think on my own…

RoadRage

the voice of reason
BGOL Investor
Lets see how min wage is affected in the real world... Say a garbage men one time made around $10 dollar a hour, back then they were unskilled people many h.s. drop outs who's only responsibility was picking up the trash and placing it on the truck..
Their wages was mostly based on the law of supply and demand, there was a huge demand for garbadge men and a huge populous to choose from.. So the arbitrary wage of 10 dollars was given to them.. If the wage is too low, many would quit and if the wages are too high you may not have enough money to pay for enough workers..
Fast forward, to today, where garbage men have to be more skilled, they must know different chemicals and the dangers they may present for both the environment and the public... At min they must have a associates degree... Now contrary to popular belief, they are not paying them for their schooling, but instead they are paying them due to the open market... Because in order to get and keep a good worker with an associates degree and not have them go to a more glamors flied such as pharmaceutical, firemen, or the police force, the pot must be sweeten in the form higher salary..
Supposed you are the top nano computer designer in the world, how much is your salary worth... Well people who buy your shit, are quick to point out how much you make and that your salary is predicated on greed, but in reality its also based on the open market system... If you are the best in the world and every company wants you to work for them, well then the demand is greater than the supply and you would be in the position of forced them to bid for your services. In the end you would be paid exactly what you are worth in the open market..

Now some dummies are probibally thinking what the fuck does this have to do with min wages... Same thing, there is an market in low skilled workers, unfortunately being that the task is so easy to do, many times you are competing against people from other countries and even automation, as well as the growing pool of unskilled workers who can't find a job in a shrinking job market..
Imagine you demanding 20 dollars an hour for your services when a guy who's been out of work for three years, says he would do the same job for 10... Would it help poor people more having two people work, half as hard yet having two people employed rather than one, who most likely will waste the money on some dumb shit..
The real answer if for us to realize that entry level jobs are on its last legs, and the problem that we are having today will be ten times worse with in 15 years from now.. So rather artificially keep afloat a sinking ship, wouldn't it be wiser to instead put out money and resources toward helping the next generation avoid a disaster that stands to be ten times worse.. Because anyone with half a brain knows the problem isn't the jobs or wages, the problem is we don't have enough skilled people for the jobs that are available..

thoughtone

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Lets see how min wage is affected in the real world... Say a garbage men one time made around $10 dollar a hour, back then they were unskilled people many h.s. drop outs who's only responsibility was picking up the trash and placing it on the truck..
Their wages was mostly based on the law of supply and demand, there was a huge demand for garbadge men and a huge populous to choose from.. So the arbitrary wage of 10 dollars was given to them.. If the wage is too low, many would quit and if the wages are too high you may not have enough money to pay for enough workers..
Fast forward, to today, where garbage men have to be more skilled, they must know different chemicals and the dangers they may present for both the environment and the public... At min they must have a associates degree... Now contrary to popular belief, they are not paying them for their schooling, but instead they are paying them due to the open market... Because in order to get and keep a good worker with an associates degree and not have them go to a more glamors flied such as pharmaceutical, firemen, or the police force, the pot must be sweeten in the form higher salary..
Supposed you are the top nano computer designer in the world, how much is your salary worth... Well people who buy your shit, are quick to point out how much you make and that your salary is predicated on greed, but in reality its also based on the open market system... If you are the best in the world and every company wants you to work for them, well then the demand is greater than the supply and you would be in the position of forced them to bid for your services. In the end you would be paid exactly what you are worth in the open market..

Now some dummies are probibally thinking what the fuck does this have to do with min wages... Same thing, there is an market in low skilled workers, unfortunately being that the task is so easy to do, many times you are competing against people from other countries and even automation, as well as the growing pool of unskilled workers who can't find a job in a shrinking job market..
Imagine you demanding 20 dollars an hour for your services when a guy who's been out of work for three years, says he would do the same job for 10... Would it help poor people more having two people work, half as hard yet having two people employed rather than one, who most likely will waste the money on some dumb shit..
The real answer if for us to realize that entry level jobs are on its last legs, and the problem that we are having today will be ten times worse with in 15 years from now.. So rather artificially keep afloat a sinking ship, wouldn't it be wiser to instead put out money and resources toward helping the next generation avoid a disaster that stands to be ten times worse.. Because anyone with half a brain knows the problem isn't the jobs or wages, the problem is we don't have enough skilled people for the jobs that are available..

...the problem is we don't have enough skilled people for the jobs that are available..

I don't necessarily agree with the above statement, but for the sake of argument, how do we solve that problem?

QueEx

Rising Star
Super Moderator
I don't necessarily agree with the above statement, but for the sake of argument, how do we solve that problem?

As in: Import more people for those jobs -- or -- train more people for those jobs ???

My preference would be that we train, train, train; and seek imports as a latter resort.

thoughtone

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
As in: Import more people for those jobs -- or -- train more people for those jobs ???

My preference would be that we train, train, train; and seek imports as a latter resort.

Post WWII, the federal government program, the G.I Bill had the effect of enrolling more people in to trade programs, colleges and universities than had ever been in the history of the world. The government was serious about expanding the middle class.

Post Spunik, the 'government', motivated by the arms race, built more public schools, spent more on mathematics and science to compete with the thenpolitical enemy,
the Soviet Union.

The results of these scenarios was that more technical people had been trained for the emerging technological jobs of the Space Race.

During the late 1960s and early 1970s, after much stonewalling and delays, Brown V. Board of Education laws were being implemented. As a reaction to integration, many public school districts began to become less funded and many whites abandoned public schools altogether, especially in the southern US. This continued and accelerated during the so called Reagan Revolution. Many on the right considered public education a failure and concocted ideas such as Magnet Schools, Home Schooling and School Voucher programs to further defund public education.

The private employment sector, which benefited immensely from the influx of the highly skilled work force that the government programs, post WWII created decided that labor costs could be cut if non Americans could be used, labor costs being the largest cost to do business.

Over theensuing years. the quality of American public education had fallen due to the neglect of the public school system, which in turn produced American workers less capable of the more advanced work our technological world is producing along with the idea of employing non American workers, which could be employed to circumvent workers rights; rights American citizens are constitutionally granted. All of this came together to create an under qualified and under skilled American work force.

If the we are serious about rebuilding the middle class, we mus be serious about reviving our public school system.

Again, I don't fully buy the argument that there are masses of unqualified American workers. It's just that the corporate sector has decided that it is better for their bottom line to employ non Americans.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/VRr60nmDyu4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

RoadRage

the voice of reason
BGOL Investor

To solve the problem, this country must stop viewing the poor as consumers and start looking at them as potential resorces for a better tomorrow. As, long as we are content at having a consumer based economy, large corporations become depended on growth in the population to buy their goods.. Unfortunately educated consumers tend to spend less while having less kids. So its good for business, short term, having a population that is less educated, with money and having a lot of kids.. Long run however, this shot is a ticking time bomb, especially when you consider, that these same companies, trying to milk every dime from the poor, are going out their way reducing cost often by automation and out-sourcing jobs.
The only solution is to think long term, by reforming the board of education, and look into how our children are raised. The simple solution of giving more money only feeds into a vicious cycle of inflation and debt, some that leads to a weaker dollar, so while they get more money, a weaker dollar means they get to purchas less.
By instead of investing in education, not only would production increase, so would profit, allowing for a stronger dollar, better wages and higher employment, plus less money spent dealing with a population of greedy, selfish individuals.

RoadRage

the voice of reason
BGOL Investor
Capitalism views everyone as a consumer.

This is the primary tenet of capitalism.

Back when the world was an oasis filled with market after market to capitalize off of, and an era where manual labor was the backbone behind every growing industry, that model may have worked. But now with markets saturated, most growth is not predicted by growth due to units sold, but rather instead, the efficiency on how those units are produced. Today's sucesful companies are the streamline ones that reduce overhead productivity by reducing the work force. So unlike the past big companies are trying to squeeze more and more money, while spending less and less on workers. How long do you think this can last?

thoughtone

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Back when the world was an oasis filled with market after market to capitalize off of, and an era where manual labor was the backbone behind every growing industry, that model may have worked. But now with markets saturated, most growth is not predicted by growth due to units sold, but rather instead, the efficiency on how those units are produced. Today's sucesful companies are the streamline ones that reduce overhead productivity by reducing the work force. So unlike the past big companies are trying to squeeze more and more money, while spending less and less on workers. How long do you think this can last?

You state the obvious. What are solutions?

RoadRage

the voice of reason
BGOL Investor
You state the obvious. What are solutions?

The only choices we have is to dig ourselves out of the hole by working together and sacrificing a generation or two, for the benifit and well being of the future.. By sacrafice I mean hard work for less pay across the board. Working on massive government projects such as state of the art, high speed railways, to replace national airlines. A commiment to build state of the art farms, do like the Russians did during the cold war by committing to a generation on scince and mathmatics. We must focus on quality of our citizens and get away from quanity, this is a touchy subject, due to this country's history of racim and the eugenics program that is based on race.
Now we can do that , or do nothing but grow and consume, and waiting for the job market to collaps, along with the economy, leading to the death of millions and the fall of the united states, and perhaps all of humanity.

Greed

Star
Registered
The only choices we have is to dig ourselves out of the hole by working together and sacrificing a generation or two, for the benifit and well being of the future.. By sacrafice I mean hard work for less pay across the board. Working on massive government projects such as state of the art, high speed railways, to replace national airlines. A commiment to build state of the art farms, do like the Russians did during the cold war by committing to a generation on scince and mathmatics. We must focus on quality of our citizens and get away from quanity, this is a touchy subject, due to this country's history of racim and the eugenics program that is based on race.
Now we can do that , or do nothing but grow and consume, and waiting for the job market to collaps, along with the economy, leading to the death of millions and the fall of the united states, and perhaps all of humanity.

I don't get why you think all these problems are going to be solved with a lower or non-existent minimum wage.

Why would people need to "work for less pay across the board" to achieve the good you're citing? Why are those good worth working for? Why is it a sacrifice to change what you think are bad habits? Doing the right thing for yourself is supposed to be an investment. Why can't people work for their current wages and spend less and save more? Why can't the welfare state be administered through the government instead of laws passed to have it administered through businesses?

RoadRage

the voice of reason
BGOL Investor
I don't get why you think all these problems are going to be solved with a lower or non-existent minimum wage.

Why would people need to "work for less pay across the board" to achieve the good you're citing? Why are those good worth working for? Why is it a sacrifice to change what you think are bad habits? Doing the right thing for yourself is supposed to be an investment. Why can't people work for their current wages and spend less and save more? Why can't the welfare state be administered through the government instead of laws passed to have it administered through businesses?

Because of one factor you are over looking that is the debt.. Our current path we are on is more about growing, spending, borrowing now and paying later with future growth. Instead why not attept at de-inflation you get that by decrrasing decreasing salaries, this lowering operating costs and eventually the cost of goods. By doing this the dollar would become stronger and while making less we would be able to purchase more, of cause it will hurt us initially in the international market, but perhaps it will spur companies to invest nationally instead of continuing the trend of out-sourcing jobs abroad.

Greed

Star
Registered
Because of one factor you are over looking that is the debt.. Our current path we are on is more about growing, spending, borrowing now and paying later with future growth. Instead why not attept at de-inflation you get that by decrrasing decreasing salaries, this lowering operating costs and eventually the cost of goods. By doing this the dollar would become stronger and while making less we would be able to purchase more, of cause it will hurt us initially in the international market, but perhaps it will spur companies to invest nationally instead of continuing the trend of out-sourcing jobs abroad.

I think you're attributing too much power to wages and cost in general. You're thinking in the terms of ceteris paribus, which would make a lot of what you say correct, but even then, only to a degree. The dynamics of the world aren't going to stand idle while average wages decrease. You can't speak with a lot certainty that purchasing power will increase if the dollar gets stronger because when a firm's cost structure changes, their optimal pricing strategy will change as well.

On the political side, if you acknowledge problems with the history of government dictating a higher wage, then you should be aware of the possibility of unintended consequences associated with government wage policies going in the opposite direction.

Upgrade Dave

Rising Star
Registered

People arguing against a lil hike in the minimum wage to help lift some of the bottom off of the government's
tit -- while ignoring and siding with rich cattle-cats feeding directly off of the government, for fucking free.

cliven_bundy_getty_328.jpg

Rancher Cliven Bundy hasn’t paid the BLM’s grazing fees since 1993

:smh: :smh: :smh:

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2014/...t-10-things-to-know-105735.html#ixzz2zBKYcTsr

Bruh,
really.

You know and I know, these clowns are not against welfare or government spending, even exorbitant government spending. They're just against poor people getting it.
Don't pay your property taxes and have your neighbors stand in your front yard as the county/city tries to take your house and see if FNC and Alex Jones back you up.
This Bundy situation gets under my skin in a way I can't quite describe.

This whole thing was crazy but the bolded part stood out the most.
Generations are not something that can be sacrificed and have a positive outcome.
And I fail to see how working for less is any kind of answer. We can have all of those same works programs and initiatives without sacrificing wages.

This is the ultimate flaw of your thinking: forcing businesses to pay people what they're provably worth isn't welfare. Why should the government be even further involved in subsidizing businesses?
I didn't know you were big into that so I did learn something about your ideology that I hadn't learned before. I had always thought you didn't see the connection of welfare state spending and wages but clearly you do, you're just okay with it.
I am not. Instead of the state handing out money, I'm for businesses paying people a fair wage for work done.

QueEx

Rising Star
Super Moderator
Bruh,
really.

You know and I know, these clowns are not against welfare or government spending, even exorbitant government spending. They're just against poor people getting it.
Don't pay your property taxes and have your neighbors stand in your front yard as the county/city tries to take your house and see if FNC and Alex Jones back you up.
This Bundy situation gets under my skin in a way I can't quite describe.

Yeah. I know. :lol: I was just wanted to see what, if any, reaction from the right-wingers.

muckraker10021

Superstar *****
BGOL Investor

People arguing against a lil hike in the minimum wage to help lift some of the bottom off of the government's
tit -- while ignoring and siding with rich cattle-cats feeding directly off of the government, for fucking free.

cliven_bundy_getty_328.jpg

Rancher Cliven Bundy hasn’t paid the BLM’s grazing fees since 1993

:smh: :smh: :smh:

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2014/...t-10-things-to-know-105735.html#ixzz2zBKYcTsr

Could it be he is just GREEDy?

Well, he's anti-government . . .

Conservatives Begin Backing Away after
Cliven Bundy’s Remarks Disparaging ‘the Negro’

April 24, 2014

JPRANCHER1-articleLarge.jpg

Mr. Cliven Bundy (center) is a father of 14 and a registered RepubliKlan

BUNKERVILLE, Nev. — Cliven Bundy stood by the Virgin River up the road from the armed checkpoint at the driveway of his ranch, signing autographs and posing for pictures. For 55 minutes, Mr. Bundy held forth to a clutch of supporters about his views on the troubled state of America — the overreaching federal government, the harassment of Western ranchers, the societal upheaval caused by abortion, even musing about whether slavery was so bad.....

.....He said he would continue holding a daily news conference; on Saturday, it drew one reporter and one photographer, so Mr. Bundy used the time to officiate at what was in effect a town meeting with supporters, discussing, in a long, loping discourse, the prevalence of abortion, the abuses of welfare and his views on race.<blockquote>

“I want to tell you one more thing I know about the Negro,” he said. Mr. Bundy recalled driving past a public-housing project in North Las Vegas, “and in front of that government house the door was usually open and the older people and the kids — and there is always at least a half a dozen people sitting on the porch — they didn’t have nothing to do. They didn’t have nothing for their kids to do. They didn’t have nothing for their young girls to do.

“And because they were basically on government subsidy, so now what do they do?” he asked.

“They abort their young children, they put their young men in jail, because they never learned how to pick cotton. And I’ve often wondered, are they better off as slaves, picking cotton and having a family life and doing things, or are they better off under government subsidy? They didn’t get no more freedom. They got less freedom.”
</blockquote>

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/04/...-cliven-bundys-remarks-disparaging-the-negro/

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/04/24/u...ml?partner=rss&emc=rss&smid=tw-thecaucus&_r=2

Last edited:

Dannyblueyes

Aka Illegal Danny
BGOL Investor

Janitors, secretaries, managers, truck drivers and accountants typically don't produce anything, but they are still necessary parts of a company. What ratio concept determines their wages?